Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    My wife and I have been with Sprint for almost nine years and I have been a palm user on Sprint network since 2004 using one of the old retention plans. I just made a call to CS to hear it myself that I will not be eligible to get PRE unless I give up my old plan and get a new one. Ok, I perfectly understand the case with SERO and why they don't let people with SERO plans get the PRE, but for PRE's sake, what about us Sprint loyal customers who waited so long and now Sprint is going to treat us exactly the same as a new customer? So what do I get for being nine years with Sprint and resisting to jump ship on all these years for better phones and better deals? I seriously don't understand the logic. I am paying $75 on average which includes $25 unlimited data+GPS+TV and radio, and I am not upset because I have to pay extra $25 more to get what I need (I admit, I donít like that part as well), I am upset because there is absolutely no reward or incentive for being with this company for nine years, they even haven't assigned me a premier account.
    Feel better now?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    They aren't taking your plan away, you want the newest coolest phone on the market and all Sprint is saying is you need one of the other plans. You have a choice. Make one.

You aren't entitled to anything just because you paid your bill on time for 9 years. Sprint provided you with the service you paid for. You did what you were supposed to do and so did Sprint.

I don't know where this entitlement attitude is coming from but it is getting rampant in just about everything. Look up the new referral program information, the plan there should be close, if not better than what you are using now and it works with the Pre.
    How many minutes are you getting?
    I'm at AT&T customer, going over to Sprint on one phone just to get the Pre. I think Sprint is basically milking the number of units they can get for max gain. It makes sense if there is a shortage - first off, get new subs, 2nd off, drive ARPU higher - it's completely driven by their financials.

I suspect that once inventory grows they will change terms and such to broaden the value proposition to others. But as with most early adopters, you have to pay more for getting it early. Wait 6 months for the exclusive to end and you'll see many better deals out there, probably for existing subs as well.

They could have done a few things to get more units out there faster, but I think Sprint looked at the financials and said fewer units with higher ARPU is better than lots of units at lower ARPU. Less good for Palm though.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post

I suspect that once inventory grows they will change terms and such to broaden the value proposition to others. But as with most early adopters, you have to pay more for getting it early. Wait 6 months for the exclusive to end and you'll see many better deals out there, probably for existing subs as well.
    Why say this when it is not true for the Instinct and the Pre is following the Instinct play book almost to the letter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Why say this when it is not true for the Instinct and the Pre is following the Instinct play book almost to the letter?
    Because the instinct isn't a "superphone". No other carrier is chomping at the bit to get it. Sprint has a window to make hay with this phone, and after that they will not be advantaged over AT&T etc... If they don't change tactics at the end they will end up pulling fewer subs off other carriers.

I think if you look at the numbers, the instinct didn't move people from other carriers to Sprint. The Bold and the iPhone definitely did that for Apple. That's why as the exclusivity period for the iPhone draws to a close, AT&T will reduce pricing for the data plan and other gimmicks so pull one last slug of users over from other networks before their exclusivity ends.
    I have paid my mortgage on time for 15 years... I deserve a discount?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Again this is not about the money or number of minutes. Aridon, every company in this country provides incentives, perks and special deals for their valuable and loyal customers. it is the entitlement attitude that makes people, including me, feel being part of a family and stay with a company for long and not jump from one company to another basically to get the best deal or hottest new toys. I have always been Sprintís biggest fan and I have referred at least 20 people to the company and never asked for a referral fee (thatís the last thing that I would do, because people would think the referral fee is the reason you refer them to something) and I am sure if I call retention they will not let me leave, because unlike you, they know itís not easy to find and keep people who pay their bills on time for nine years. But again, they should not create a situation up front to make people call retention and fake leaving Sprint. I got my plan four years ago when I really wanted to leave Sprint because of a bad reception at my home but they offered me a deal which made me to stay and later the reception issue also got resolved. I never got tempted to call back and fake leaving to get the SERO plan and I don't want to do it again to basically satisfy my "entitlement feeling".

NachoB, yes I feel better now.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I have paid my mortgage on time for 15 years... I deserve a discount?
    Yes. You should be pissed at your dying mortgage company because they won't send your free chocolates with your monthly statement. And you should show them who's boss by moving to another mortgage company with a variable rate starting at 11.99%.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    The incentive program they have is the Premiere status, either you didn't meet that criteria or they messed up, if you truly think you earned that status you should call them up and ask why your don't have it, otherwise I'm not sure you have a reason to be upset if you didn't make the requirements for that status so you could get the discount you want.
    I thought that all it took to become premiere was to have a bill greater than $70 for like 2 or 3 years, or maintain any level of service for 10 years? It sounds like you should be premiere by now if you're paying $75 a month?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    You're loyal? You'll stick with Sprint through thick and thin? You're willing to pay a little more to Sprint when they are having problems competing with all the other carriers (although they are still cheaper than all of the other carriers)? No? Oh, i thought that's what loyalty meant. So you're just too cheap or too lazy to switch or you really like the quality of Sprint's product. Anyway, the answer is yes, you are treated the same way as everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by arognlie View Post
    I thought that all it took to become premiere was to have a bill greater than $70 for like 2 or 3 years, or maintain any level of service for 10 years? It sounds like you should be premiere by now if you're paying $75 a month?
    3 Consecutive months...

"Eligibility requirements for Sprint Premier are simple: 1) For three consecutive months, consumer customers must be on an individual wireless plan of at least $69.99 per month or spend at least $99.99 per month on a plan that shares minutes, or 2) they must have been a Sprint wireless customer for at least 10 years. For complete rules about Sprint Premier, visit sprint.com/premiercustomer."

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=127149&p=irol-newsArticle_newsroom&ID=1250915

"After being automatically enrolled in Sprint Premier, customers receive benefits such as:

* Early Upgrades: After only one year customers can receive our new customer price on a new handset. That's almost a year sooner than other customers. For accounts sharing minutes, the early upgrade applies to the primary line. A new two-year agreement is required.
    * “Just Because” Perks: Spontaneous special offers for trips, tickets to shows and sporting events -- just to say thanks.
    * Anniversary Rewards: Customers celebrate their annual Sprint anniversary with a special gift such as free ring tones or free minutes.
    * First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™, and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they become available.
    * Accessory Discounts: A once-a-year discount on accessories at participating Sprint stores.
    * Courtesy Plan Check: For customers who haven’t changed their plan in six months, Sprint will notify them for a “Plan Check” to make sure they are getting the most value out of their device."
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348 View Post
    My wife and I have been with Sprint for almost nine years and I have been a palm user on Sprint network since 2004 using one of the old retention plans. I just made a call to CS to hear it myself that I will not be eligible to get PRE unless I give up my old plan and get a new one. Ok, I perfectly understand the case with SERO and why they don't let people with SERO plans get the PRE, but for PRE's sake, what about us Sprint loyal customers who waited so long and now Sprint is going to treat us exactly the same as a new customer? So what do I get for being nine years with Sprint and resisting to jump ship on all these years for better phones and better deals? I seriously don't understand the logic. I am paying $75 on average which includes $25 unlimited data+GPS+TV and radio, and I am not upset because I have to pay extra $25 more to get what I need (I admit, I donít like that part as well), I am upset because there is absolutely no reward or incentive for being with this company for nine years, they even haven't assigned me a premier account.
    I think it is funny about the Premier Account thing. I have been billing over $100 (but not on a $100 or above plan) for 9 years and I am not a premier customer either.

With that said- I am upgrading to the PRe and not changing my old plan. Changing plans is not required.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I have called three times in past few months, actually one time they called me to see if I am satisfied with everything, and every time they say you should have got the premier account status, we don't know why you have not and "keep doing what you are doing" and you will get the status sometime in the future. They say that its computer generated list and they cannot manually add my name. I even talked to a supervisor once and he said exactly the same things. I have been paying more than $70 for a long time and been with Sprint for exactly 8 years and 10 months.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Not that I want to pay more, and I am Grandfathered in to a Great Plan from 9 years ago with unlimited data, etc., etc. But Sprint is running a Business (I hope), and they need to manage their Business, to be best of their ability, for their Stockholders. It is not a Charity or Non-Profit. They need to place thier bets, take their risks and gain any competitive advantage that they can obtain to make a profit. If they are not, their management should be fired. I will pay more (about $30 a month), but they are being innovative and bringing a product and service to the market that I want!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348 View Post
    My wife and I have been with Sprint for almost nine years and I have been a palm user on Sprint network since 2004 using one of the old retention plans. I just made a call to CS to hear it myself that I will not be eligible to get PRE unless I give up my old plan and get a new one. Ok, I perfectly understand the case with SERO and why they don't let people with SERO plans get the PRE, but for PRE's sake, what about us Sprint loyal customers who waited so long and now Sprint is going to treat us exactly the same as a new customer? So what do I get for being nine years with Sprint and resisting to jump ship on all these years for better phones and better deals? I seriously don't understand the logic. I am paying $75 on average which includes $25 unlimited data+GPS+TV and radio, and I am not upset because I have to pay extra $25 more to get what I need (I admit, I don’t like that part as well), I am upset because there is absolutely no reward or incentive for being with this company for nine years, they even haven't assigned me a premier account.
    lol, People like you are what gives me laughter and keeps me alive. Thank You.

Oh and BTW, I've been a customer for 10yrs, and guess what, I've paid everything on time. What do I get in return? My service doesn't get shut off. lol That's an incentive.
    I think Sprint personally does a pretty good job with their plans and what not.

Even though I am on an ERP $30 with another discount and wont be able to get the Pre, I look at the cost to even GET the pre with their NORMAL Everything Data plan.

It is $69.99 for 450min. $59.99 and 500min and everything else the same if you can get the ERP plan.

Now I went on AT&T to pretend like I was going to purchase the Fuze. Their Nation Plan is $39.99 for 450 min. Now to give you the unlimited data and unlimited messaging, you add the $50 PDA personal bundle plan.

You will also have to add the early night and week-ends for $9 to equal that included with Sprint for 7pm-7am

So we have $69.99 for Sprint and $99 for AT&T
    You dont have to do any math to see which is a better deal.

Even though like I said I am not getting the PRE cause I would have to change my plan, there is no way in HELL I would even contemplate it if AT&T carried it. I am glad Sprint is always the first with a Palm device. I can't see it any better way. It is just cheaper.

I really cant find anything to beat Sprint plans just as they are.

Verizon for a Touch Pro on Nationwide Select is 450min and $59.99 + the $30 unlimited PDA plan is...$90 and then not sure on the 7pm-7am deal.

Looks like Sprint wins again. I think Sprint plans are honestly one of the best out there.

Oh, and it looks like $90 for an iPhone, when people with a Pre will pay $69.99. Same minutes minus the rollover, they get the 7pm-7am, and the unlimited data and messaging.

I think the Pre will be just as cool if not better then the iPhone, and all of you with one can also say... I pay $20 less too unless you have the more expensive plans and you'll still pay less.
    Last edited by quickstang; 05/22/2009 at 03:02 PM.
    OP Sprint doesnt owe you a thing for your loyalty, in exchange for payment of your bills they are giving you the cheapest service anywhere, if you dont want it you go somewhere else...I am loyal to my power comapny, water company, gas station and grocery store as well NONE of them give me anything for being loyal
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast