Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger
    Hey Nintendo I have had every Nintendo system since the nes and loved them all, I also love you Nintendo! I called you up on the phone and asked you to give me a wii for free because I do not want to pay the $250 for it.

Oh you do not want to give it to me? Well screw you Nintendo I hate you. And because you do not wish to do it I will teach you a lesson and buy a PS3 to teach you that lesson. I hope you are happy.
    lmao

You forgot the dramatic "GOODBYE NINTENDO."
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Just to clarify...

I have no intentions of just asking for the phone. I will give this a try again on launch day. I am offering to spend $20-$25 MORE EACH MONTH...and re-sign for another two years, and then I'll "officially" be a Premier customer, and be eligible for the yearly upgrade, and I won't be in this situation again.

From what some others have said here, I think that, when the phone is actually available, the right rep will see that I am really negotiating in Sprint's favor.

And my reasoning for wanting the iphone is because I've always been a mac person, I'm typing this from a mac, and was disappointed that AT&T got the iphone and not Sprint...but I stuck with Sprint anyway, for the reasons I mentioned in my original post.

Trust me, I really, really want to stay with Sprint. Thank you all for your honest opinions. This board is the only place I could talk about this. Most of my family and friends would have no clue what I am talking about. Thanks again.
    I think people seem to fail to see what my father always fails to see. You are a number to a company of Sprint's size. They probably get thousands of calls with customers saying they will switch if they don't get such and such. I can promise you that at least 85% don't do it. I've been on the other end of the phone when someone is yelling at you and saying how you'll lose them as a customer. Ultimately there wasn't anything I could do, the person wasn't really going to switch, and more then likely they are not telling the whole truth (not saying you are one of these people poster). You'd be amazed how many people will say just about anything to get some type of deal.

This is why I always sign a one year contract for cell phones. It is a guarantee (like death and taxes) that a new phone will come out within a year that you will want. Is it worth the $100 or $200 you save? Not at all, especially since in a few months it will be really cheap and possibly buy one get one free. But I have to agree switching because of not having the ability to get a new phone isn't a great course of action. Big pain in the **** in time alone to port the number, get the contacts in the phone, and deal with a different payment plan.

I went from AT&T to Verizon and it was a huge pain. Took a week for my number to be ported (they waived the fee since I was the only one in my family to talk politely to the customer service rep). I had to pay more per month for a lot less and get a phone I wasn't thrilled to have (there weren't many choices). All cell phone providers have their issues. I got my current phone (Voyager) and asked that I get the same plan put on it (450 mins, unlimited data, insurance, unlimited tv, in-network, and 500 texts (unlimited texts within the network).

I find I can't send texts or picture messages. I go to the store and they say the phone is fine call customer service. Call customer service and they say "oh you don't have text messaging". I have that added back to the plan. Then she states "you better get more minutes because you are way over the limit. I told her that isn't possible and she assures me I am over. Everybody I know is on Verizon (minus one friend and his sister and I only text them) and ask her to look at my previous account activity (been a customer with them for 5 years). She confirms never over until this month. So we go through what I have done with the phone and find out that the rep at the store didn't give me unlimited data and when I used the GPS I was charged for it. She told me that there wasn't anything she could do at the moment and that I'd have to wait for the bill. I said alright and then wrote them an e-mail. Issue was fixed before getting the bill and without threatening to leave.

Good luck and don't forget, you're just a number. Time with a company means nothing since customer loyalty is a thing of the past in the "I want it now" age.
    I've been with Sprint 8 years....using a 800w (very happy with).....and I am able to get 150 off any new phone on July 1. I have the "everything 1200 " package. Do you think Sprint will let me buy the Pre and give me 150 off despite it not becoming effective till july??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    He bought a phone that was supposed to perform a function, which it did not perform. If he had not been fooled into buying this phone (and I get the impression that he was fooled) shortly before the Pre announcement, maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.
    - If the OP had returned his Instinct within the no-questions-asked return policy period, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

- If the OP hadn't sold his original phone as soon as he bought his (apparently unresearched, impulse-buy) Instinct, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

- If the OP hadn't continued on with a new phone purchase, thus using his end-of-contract discount and incurring a new 2-year contract, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

But instead, the OP accepted a new phone, subsidized by Sprint, with a payoff over a 2-year contract and came on to a public forum to complain about signing up to a legitimate contract that he now, 7 months later, doesn't like. Last time I checked, there was always more than one responsible party for the conditions of a contract - and all parties were contractually bound to abide by the terms or face the penalties listed in the agreed-upon contract. Why should Sprint penalize their reliable customers (or stockholders) just so they can satisfy the needs of the unreliable ones?

The situation may seem to be a sad one for the OP, but it really is just a simple case of owning up to legally established responsibilities.
    Kupe... If I could thank you 10 times I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    Seriously Sprint has had problems with customer service for a long time. They are working on this problem, insert SERO, and have gotten better. Honestly I an sensing an air of entitlement coming from OP. Sprint is doing what every other cell company does. They lose more money steady upgrading every whiner and complainer threatening to leave then they do if you just left. They are trying to stay in business not be your friend. You aren't making any grandious statement to Sprint by leaving. Their plans that they have put in place to improve their image seems to be working. I suggest you really sit down and do the math. Is it feasible to switch? Will it benefit you if you switch? Etc. Make your decision off the answers and not just your emotions. Sprint is not AT&T. Therefore don't expect them to do the same things.
    Wow, a reasonable person among unreasonable people... who knew sprint wasn't supposed to be your friend....

Welcome to adulthood, where you agree to commit to something and actually follow through with that. Not whiny kid-ville who just wants and gets their way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    do the math over 2+ years. add don't forget to add in your ETF.

unlimited voice/data/text

sprint = $99/month + taxes + fees
    vzw = $150/month + taxes + fees
    att = $150/month + taxes + fees
    tmob = $125/month + taxes + fees

Gizmodo - The Definitive Coast-to-Coast 3G Data Test - 3G
    AT&T has rollover minutes so depending on usage patterns, an ulimited plan may not be required.
    You know, if you like gadgets, and if your always after the latest and greatest, then you have to pay to play. I'm sorry, there's no other way around it. I'm sure plenty of us on here have bought a new phone, computer, or anything, and then something better came out, we either bought it, and sold the previous item, or we kept it, and bought the new one anyway.. Your pissed cause you want it NOW, on launch ! Its not like they said you could never buy it. Either wait till you can get it with your discount, or PONY up the $$$ and buy it the day it comes out... If you wana leave, then Shake the spot, but don't be Pissed when you run over to AT&T to get the I-Phone and a few months later the NEW and IMPROVED I-Phone comes out, and you can't get it cause you already used your New Customer Discount for the Current I-phone..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    AT&T has rollover minutes so depending on usage patterns, an ulimited plan may not be required.
    I've seen their commercials about the rollover. My problem is I'm sure I'd lose those little round makers.

Plus, if that kid were mine, I'd hit him...
    Last edited by hparsons; 05/22/2009 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    - If the OP had returned his Instinct within the no-questions-asked return policy period, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

- If the OP hadn't sold his original phone as soon as he bought his (apparently unresearched, impulse-buy) Instinct, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

- If the OP hadn't continued on with a new phone purchase, thus using his end-of-contract discount and incurring a new 2-year contract, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

But instead, the OP accepted a new phone, subsidized by Sprint, with a payoff over a 2-year contract and came on to a public forum to complain about signing up to a legitimate contract that he now, 7 months later, doesn't like. Last time I checked, there was always more than one responsible party for the conditions of a contract - and all parties were contractually bound to abide by the terms or face the penalties listed in the agreed-upon contract. Why should Sprint penalize their reliable customers (or stockholders) just so they can satisfy the needs of the unreliable ones?

The situation may seem to be a sad one for the OP, but it really is just a simple case of owning up to legally established responsibilities.
    Yes. Two parties. And one of them is Sprint.

But my larger point was and remains that disagreeing with the poster does not require that one be rudely disagreeable.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    You know, if you like gadgets, and if your always after the latest and greatest, then you have to pay to play. I'm sorry, there's no other way around it. I'm sure plenty of us on here have bought a new phone, computer, or anything, and then something better came out, we either bought it, and sold the previous item, or we kept it, and bought the new one anyway..
    When I first read the OP on here, I did have some twinges of sympathy. Then I got to thinking back on some of my (extensive) history with Palm OS devices. I remember my Sony Clie NX PDA. I paid $450 for it.

No rebates, no Sprint subsidy (because it had no phone capabilities), just write the check for $449 plus tax, and take it home.

You're right, you want the latest greatest newest gadgets. I think I could get a Clie for about $50 on ebay these days.
    I'm about 8 months shy of my contract ending with my 755P. I'm fine with the wait.
    I'll sit back with a heck of a reliable phone and read what all you Beta testers have to say about the PRE. Then, I make a decision. However good the PRE is coming out, it will be better in six months.
    I don't think a majority of the people hear are rude. Many are unsympathetic and others just blunt.

Another thing...the more people they let slide, the more it sets a precedent. Now it becomes expected. People post about it, tell their friends and what not. Now you have more and more people trying to do the same thing, backing it up with 'you did it for so and so'.

We've got a company that wants to put up 3 whole billboards in our township. Wasted our time filibustering by giving us the lowdown of EVERY billboard thwy had up in surrounding townships. Was rather nasty looking to see it on an overhead map. One resident brought up a great point. Looking at the 20 something billboards they had up, she bet he went to the board initially claiming he only wanted to put up three. You set the precedent, and it's tough to go back.

I also think it's easy enough to tell within 30 days if you're going to like the Instinct or not. The UI and its capabilities is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I don't think a majority of the people hear are rude. Many are unsympathetic and others just blunt.
    It doesn't have to be the majority to be too many.
    Sometimes people can be rude but sometimes people need it bluntly so they wake up and get real. Goes both ways.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/22/2009 at 12:38 PM.
    I didn't see this mentioned, but why be so anxious to jump from a Palm device you're unhappy with to one that nobody has even done a review on? Who's to know that the Pre won't be buggy? Sure it's a simple OS without many apps available so it may take a while for any flaws, if there are any, to show up.

I'm on my second 800w and very happy with it. My first one was replaced easily within the first 90 days and the second one has been great. If you have the insurance and it's not working, get it replaced. I like the concept of the Pre but doubt I'd switch for a while because I'd have to pay a lot more and I'd rather wait until it's been out there for a while to see how it goes.

I did buy the 800w because my old phone broke and Verizon wouldn't let me activate another one under my plan. So I made the decision to find the device and plan that fit me best and switched to Sprint. I did try to get Verizon to keep me as a customer but it was their choice to let me go.

You should understand the contracts you sign. It's not that hard to figure out that phone companies have to lock you into contracts to offset the subsidized prices of these expensive phones.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

How much do you think all the iPhone3G folks are going to pay for the newest iphone? Full price is the answer because they are all still in contract just like you are now.
    yes but to the insane mac fan thats something to celebrate not complain about. They're an odd bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

How much do you think all the iPhone3G folks are going to pay for the newest iphone? Full price is the answer because they are all still in contract just like you are now.

At the end of the day the Pre is just not a $199 phone. It is a $550 phone. Once you get your head around that, it all makes sense and seems fair.
    Actually you don't know what you are talking about.

The original Iphone was subsidized on contract, when the 3g Iphone came out everyone with the old version was able to upgrade at the new customer pricing despite still being a year into contract. The same should be true for this one.

Also the Pre is a $550 phone and a nice one. So is the Iphone. The Pre also mysteriously has significantly less storage than many on the market as well so it is an expensive phone with 8gb. Something that will be pointed out in every honest review and something Palm should have never decided to do. Especially with storage costs so cheap. They could have eliminated one of the biggest complaints about the device and made more profits selling the 16gb version as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Sometimes people can be rude but sometimes people need it bluntly so they wake up and get real. Goes both ways.
    No argument from me on that. I do differentiate between "rude" and "blunt," though.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast