Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92
  1. #41  
    I feel for you, I really do, but here are some things to take in consideration.
    1) You ALWAYS take a chance of a better phone coming along when you "sign" a contract.
    2) There are reps that can help you out. My current contract runs out in 2010. I am also $1 under the requirement to be a premiere customer. And I have also been with sprint for 9 years. Last November I was able to have a not placed on my account authorizing the full new customer discount on a sprint touch pro or touch diamond. I didn't do it because the NOVA rumors were starting to heat up. My point is...you have to find the right rep.
    That being said, it sounds to me like you have iphone envy. So maybe ATT might be easier for you? I dunno.
  2. #42  
    Hey Nintendo I have had every Nintendo system since the nes and loved them all, I also love you Nintendo! I called you up on the phone and asked you to give me a wii for free because I do not want to pay the $250 for it.

    Oh you do not want to give it to me? Well screw you Nintendo I hate you. And because you do not wish to do it I will teach you a lesson and buy a PS3 to teach you that lesson. I hope you are happy.
  3. #43  
    what all the sprint defenders are missing is that he is offering to move to a higher cost plan and he offering to REMAIN a loyal customer.

    It is a LOT cheaper to keep a customer happy and then to say bugger off and go find another new customer.

    I have been with Sprint for 11 years and any time I pick up the phone and talk to them they **** me off to the n'th degree. I have stuck with them simply because I get a 25% discount through my work and they are the only carrier that has service where my boat is.

    My S|P upgrade is going to come available on 7/1/09 and I am debating if I call and see if they will move it forward so I can go stand in line with many of you or save the high blood pressure call and wait it out.

    Reminds me of a story. I was one of the first 250,000 customers directv had. Stayed with them for years. I wanted a DVR and they where advertising them all over the place for $99

    I called and they said we will send right out that will be $399.

    We went back and forth and it came down to I was an existing customer and they thought I could be bent over. I said cancel my service.

    They sent me to retentions and of course they saw I had been a good customer for nearly 7 years. They offered me a free DVR and 6 months of additional free premium channels.

    By that point they lost me as a customer - I am now a Dishnet customer. They gave me a free DVR and it has been my experience when I needed something they took care of it with minimal fuss.

    So that $300 additional dollars they insisted on trying to collect has cost Directv nearly $8000 in my business and I doubt I was the only one to do the same thing.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Hey Nintendo I have had every Nintendo system since the nes but I called you up on the phone and asked you to give me a wii for free because I do not want to pay the $250 for it.

    Oh you do not want to give it to me? Well screw you Nintendo I hate you. And because you do not wish to do it I will teach you a lesson and buy a PS3 to teach you that lesson. I hope you are happy.
    Do you really think that is a good analogy?

    Does a new Wii customer get discounts to buy a Wii that an existing Nintendo customer doesn't get.......

    Yeah I didn't think so.
  5. #45  
    He signed a contract and he has to stick with it. that the rules and the poster knew it BUT on the other hand I think sprint needs to work with people to keep them. In the long run it cost sprint money if they dont have these people as customers. But if your able to get it for $199 then geez all you have to do is wait 4 weeks. Mine was October so I called and got them to move mine to June BUT if it was July or August I would have asked, if told no just waited.
  6. #46  
    Bye. Have fun with At&t.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post
    Do you really think that is a good analogy?

    Does a new Wii customer get discounts to buy a Wii that an existing Nintendo customer doesn't get.......

    Yeah I didn't think so.
    Does paying twice as much to get "revenge" on any company you claim to feel regret about leaving?

    Does that make sense?


    Yeah I didn't think so.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    why dont u wait with me til july?
    I am waiting until February when my contract runs out......

    I'm just sayin'
  9. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Hey Nintendo I have had every Nintendo system since the nes and loved them all, I also love you Nintendo! I called you up on the phone and asked you to give me a wii for free because I do not want to pay the $250 for it.

    Oh you do not want to give it to me? Well screw you Nintendo I hate you. And because you do not wish to do it I will teach you a lesson and buy a PS3 to teach you that lesson. I hope you are happy.
    This is a good one.
  10. #50  
    I've kept this piece of crap 755p lockup/reset machine for the full 2 years. At least when I hear the wonderful reset sound I know it is not locked up the "white screen of death."

    I wish I could have weaseled my way into the new "in-phone" every 6-12 months. That's not how the system is set up.. if you get bored with a phone really fast and love to play with new devices then you'll have to pay through the nose (just like owning a car).
  11. #51  
    Seriously Sprint has had problems with customer service for a long time. They are working on this problem, insert SERO, and have gotten better. Honestly I an sensing an air of entitlement coming from OP. Sprint is doing what every other cell company does. They lose more money steady upgrading every whiner and complainer threatening to leave then they do if you just left. They are trying to stay in business not be your friend. You aren't making any grandious statement to Sprint by leaving. Their plans that they have put in place to improve their image seems to be working. I suggest you really sit down and do the math. Is it feasible to switch? Will it benefit you if you switch? Etc. Make your decision off the answers and not just your emotions. Sprint is not AT&T. Therefore don't expect them to do the same things.
  12. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    Seriously Sprint has had problems with customer service for a long time. They are working on this problem, insert SERO, and have gotten better. Honestly I an sensing an air of entitlement coming from OP. Sprint is doing what every other cell company does. They lose more money steady upgrading every whiner and complainer threatening to leave then they do if you just left. They are trying to stay in business not be your friend. You aren't making any grandious statement to Sprint by leaving. Their plans that they have put in place to improve their image seems to be working. I suggest you really sit down and do the math. Is it feasible to switch? Will it benefit you if you switch? Etc. Make your decision off the answers and not just your emotions. Sprint is not AT&T. Therefore don't expect them to do the same things.
    Well said Lina.
  13. #53  
    I think most posters are missing something.

    The o.p. didn't just get a subsidized phone, then find another he(?) liked better and then DEMAND it from Sprint. He's not on the ground kicking and screaming and crying and pissing in his pants.

    He bought a phone that was supposed to perform a function, which it did not perform. If he had not been fooled into buying this phone (and I get the impression that he was fooled) shortly before the Pre announcement, maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

    After turning that phone in for an 800w, the OP found it to be buggy. He got a replacement and now IT is buggy.


    So, we're talking about a customer who received inaccurate information and raggedy hardware who wants Sprint to work out SOME kind of deal with him to give him an INCENTIVE to stay, despite what he's experienced. If you've been with Sprint long enough, you can probably imagine how much more negativity he's experienced since joining the fold.

    He's even said he'll pay for a higher-priced plan or SOMEthing to help balance things out. This isn't someone who's asking for a compromise, but isn't willing to give up anything.


    Honestly, if he'd been a 700p owner during THE YEAR OF HELL, I'd feel the same way (luckily, I never owned one).


    So, yes, he DOES have a substantive point, even if one doesn't fully agree with it. Beyond that, he didn't do anything to deserve the ridiculous level so of rudeness that has become so much more frequent of-late.

    OP, I suggest you do as others have suggested and talk to different reps before you depart. I know you've already done so, but you might want to keep it up. Maybe go to your local store and see if they recognize you and your circumstances... and maybe have some suggestions or inroads of which you can take advantage.

    In any case, if you just want to vent, there's nothing wrong with that. Good luck.
    Last edited by west3man; 05/26/2009 at 11:57 AM.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  14. #54  
    dude quit wasting our time with this post and just keep your sprint plan and when the pre comes out call retentions and say you will cancel if they can't hook you up with the $299 plus $100 rebate. I have never owned a phone for more then 7 months and never paid the full price. If the rep in retentions tells you know just hang up and call again and talk to someone else. Sometimes it requires 4 or 5 calls.
  15. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #55  
    I heard a rumor that AT&T gives away free phones to existing customers. Is that true?
  16. #56  
    do the math over 2+ years. add don't forget to add in your ETF.

    unlimited voice/data/text

    sprint = $99/month + taxes + fees
    vzw = $150/month + taxes + fees
    att = $150/month + taxes + fees
    tmob = $125/month + taxes + fees

    Gizmodo - The Definitive Coast-to-Coast 3G Data Test - 3G
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreActive View Post
    make up your damn choose, iphone or pre end of story. or just gtfo
    I have to agree.........Not with the quote, but with the fact that this forum is starting to fill with bad attitudes.........

    The point of a forum is to have conversations about thoughts, opinions, and information.........Not to start running your mouth because you are on the internet, safe at home, away from the reality of an @ss whoopin........


    Get a grip....
  18. #58  
    To the OP, What makes you so special?. Dont you realise that in less than one year everyone on this board is going to be in the exact same spot when the Pre2 or whatever it will be called comes out. Should Sprint bail all of us out too? The fact is that if they keep selling phones at a loss without getting 2 years of subscriber revenue in between they will quickly go out of business.

    How much do you think all the iPhone3G folks are going to pay for the newest iphone? Full price is the answer because they are all still in contract just like you are now.

    At the end of the day the Pre is just not a $199 phone. It is a $550 phone. Once you get your head around that, it all makes sense and seems fair.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    dude quit wasting our time with this post and just keep your sprint plan and when the pre comes out call retentions and say you will cancel if they can't hook you up with the $299 plus $100 rebate. I have never owned a phone for more then 7 months and never paid the full price. If the rep in retentions tells you know just hang up and call again and talk to someone else. Sometimes it requires 4 or 5 calls.
    Exactly, call retentions, I myself have had 3 different phones in the past two years, two I paid new cust price(htc touch and palm pro) and one free(htc diamond). Tell them the same thing that u told us, in a soft calm voice and more than likely they will work something out with u.
  20. emuneee's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy_Lina View Post
    Seriously Sprint has had problems with customer service for a long time. They are working on this problem, insert SERO, and have gotten better. Honestly I an sensing an air of entitlement coming from OP. Sprint is doing what every other cell company does. They lose more money steady upgrading every whiner and complainer threatening to leave then they do if you just left. They are trying to stay in business not be your friend. You aren't making any grandious statement to Sprint by leaving. Their plans that they have put in place to improve their image seems to be working. I suggest you really sit down and do the math. Is it feasible to switch? Will it benefit you if you switch? Etc. Make your decision off the answers and not just your emotions. Sprint is not AT&T. Therefore don't expect them to do the same things.
    Well said. Keep it movin'. If you want the Pre bad enough, buy it outright, if not move on. I don't know why people show loyalty to corporations because in the end, you are only a cash register to them and shouldn't expect anything from them besides what you purchased.

    I have AT&T and to be honest, their coverage is not all that good (where I live). The only reason I stay with them is because I can use unlocked phones with 3G, can use MediaNet on my smartphone, and can tether over 3G without consequence.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions