Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    My Treo 755p finally gave up the ghost (headset jack problems). So, I have to get a new phone pronto. The obvious choice is to get a Centro (plan for it to last a year before newer phones come out). I realize this is a Palm-centric forum, but thought to ask about if another phone would be better.

Any suggestions on a smart phone for Verizon. Any better than the Centro?

I'm a bit nervous that the Centro will have similar poblems as the 755p (lock up and slow processing), but might risk it.

The BlackBerry Storm is intriguing, but it gets mixed reviews.

I'm not switching carriers. Sprint sucks in my area. AT&T coverage and customer service sucks. Been there with both of them. That leaves me with Verizon.
    Doesn't sprint roam off verizon? So shouldn't it be similar?

And Verizon doesn't have many good smart phones right now, so you may want to wait. Or get a Centro
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Doesn't sprint roam off verizon? So shouldn't it be similar?
    Is this a new arrangement? When I had Sprint before, they were great in the city and on the interstate. But, off the beaten path, even a couple of miles...no service.
    I don't know how long ago "before" was, but I get Sprint coverage pretty much everywhere these days. Even in a few places where the Verizon signal sucks. But yes, Sprint will roam on Verizon if there is no Sprint signal, although data roaming is only 1x, not EVDO.

Sprint will give you at least 15 days to return a phone and cancel a contract, maybe 30 days. You might want to try them out.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.