Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Okay so the other day I called sprint up and tried to see if I could get an early upgrade. I told them I was going to get the iphone until I seen Sprint had the Palm Pre coming out. So I tried to weasel them into an early upgrade and they persisted that It absolutely could not be done unless I was within two months of my upgrade date on a two year contract. Anyone have any good idea's on how to weasel sprint? Couldn't I just pay the cancellation fee ($200), and then re-sign up for the $199 making my total $399? Still being cheaper than the $549 retail?
    you are better off getting another line for the pre.
    remember that when you weasel, you are only weaseling yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    Okay so the other day I called sprint up and tried to see if I could get an early upgrade. I told them I was going to get the iphone until I seen Sprint had the Palm Pre coming out. So I tried to weasel them into an early upgrade and they persisted that It absolutely could not be done unless I was within two months of my upgrade date on a two year contract. Anyone have any good idea's on how to weasel sprint? Couldn't I just pay the cancellation fee ($200), and then re-sign up for the $199 making my total $399? Still being cheaper than the $549 retail?
    Sprint has created over a decade a culture of doing best by working each opportunity. I would concentrate on reducing your monthly bill which always can be done.

"Weasel" is not the right term. All businesses negotiate, that is the operative term: negotiate. Do you think Sprint is a "weasel" company for getting the best prices from their own product and service suppliers?

People who would be fired from any executive purchasing position are the type who pay printed rates in Sprint.
    Dude, if you've been a customer for a year or at least close to a year, they should be able to do something for you. Happened with me. Also, if you really want the Pre and they don't wanna budge, tell them you want to cancel your account. TRUST ME. You will never hear anyone more desperate in your life than Sprint reps about to lose a customer.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Just want everyone to know, I did it!!! I weaseled sprint! Got them to give me an early full upgrade in June! It took some time,(about 40 minutes on the phone w a customer service rep)but I made it happen and it was one on the most defining moments of my Weasel-hood! $199 instead of $549 sounds pretty good to me!
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I'm not qualified for a new phone upgrade until August 1st.. If I can help it, I'd rather not spend $549 either... What did you do exactly to convince them to allow you for an early upgrade? Just threaten to leave them and pay the ETF?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    I'm not qualified for a new phone upgrade until August 1st.. If I can help it, I'd rather not spend $549 either... What did you do exactly to convince them to allow you for an early upgrade? Just threaten to leave them and pay the ETF?
    No, threatening never works as well as the infamous guilt trip! I basically told them the truth about my sprint experience. I have an HTC Touch Diamond. I hate it. Has been nothing but problems for me. I've traded it in 3 times now and the sprint rep's have and keep notes of that. Just tell them how unhappy you are but you'd love to stay with them. If in the end they still won't budge. KEEP THEM ON THE PHONE. I don't care if it takes 3 hours. Guilt trip guilt trip guilt trip! I promise they will eventually give you the upgrade you may or may not deserve! You can't weasel a weasel!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    No, threatening never works as well as the infamous guilt trip!
    Very true! They will call your bluff if you threaten them. They used to not do this a couple of years ago but now they do.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB