1.    #1  
    i apologize for starting a thread on this, however i did try searching (searched for vision, didnt find much discussion) and did not find a clear answer. I am on an old family plan, NOT SERO, and NOT a new everything data plan. It used to be called power vision or something like that (i got it w/my a900). Under my account on sprint it just says something like unlimited data. Has sprint said whether or not i would be able to add a Pre to this type of plan?

Thanks
    Probably not. Everything seems to point to you needing an "Everything" plan. Either Simply Everything, or Everything Data, or one of the Business Essentials plans.
    That's what I have ($15 unlimited Vision) but I will be upgrading. I don't think any of the old grandfathered-in plans are eligible unless you maybe buy the phone and then get them to do some kind of swap online or something.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Repeat after me:

Every Pre's Every Activation Must be on an Everything Plan.
  5.    #5  
    thanks

looks like ill be sticking w/my touch pro(2?)
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTyme View Post
    looks like ill be sticking w/my touch pro(2?)
    Good call. Word is that TP2 is coming sometime in June as well. Personally I am waiting for either a TD2 or a Android device...
    time to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    time to upgrade.
    Yeppers. The good news is that when I upgrade I will finally be eligible for corp discounts so I will only be paying $5 more a month and I will get more minutes and unlimited text as well as access to their commercial version of Telenav. Sounds worth it to me
    I could have sworn my plan was called Everything data. It was $49.99/month for 450 min, plus $15 for the unlimited data. I also got an employee discount for working at a local university. My contract was up in April. Now when I look on my web act from my Treo 755P home web page, it says my plan is Sprint Power Pack450 for $39.99/month plus the $15 data. Huh???? They auto down graded me?

I want the same basic plan I had for about $65/month. I also hope I get my discount.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I could have sworn my plan was called Everything data. It was $49.99/month for 450 min, plus $15 for the unlimited data. I also got an employee discount for working at a local university. My contract was up in April. Now when I look on my web act from my Treo 755P home web page, it says my plan is Sprint Power Pack450 for $39.99/month plus the $15 data. Huh???? They auto down graded me?

I want the same basic plan I had for about $65/month. I also hope I get my discount.
    Should be good to go then. Everything 450 is $69.99 and you can probably get your university discount. I do video work at a university and once I switch to one of the newer plans I will get 15% off my monthly bill for working there so like $59 and change will be the total.
    Yeah, yet again, I don't need 1500 minutes on a family plan. I also won't spend $50 a month more just so that I can have a phone. I too have a power vision plan (not SERO). I just checked and I can get on AT&T for less after my corporate discount, it's for less minutes, but they have rollover and I don't ever go over on my 550 plan now. That was the main reason I didn't leave sprint 2 years ago when the iphone came out. If this is true, I'm done with this nonsense. I'll just get a 32GB iphone when it comes out in July. It has way more apps and they are talking about adding background tasks. Garuanteed they'll have everything that makes the pre cool in 6 months minus the physical keyboard.

All of that said, I'm back on the pre band wagon if they let me get one on my current or equivilant plan. I'd pay $20 more a month, but not $50.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Should be good to go then. Everything 450 is $69.99 and you can probably get your university discount. I do video work at a university and once I switch to one of the newer plans I will get 15% off my monthly bill for working there so like $59 and change will be the total.
    I was just looking up current plans. That should work fine. That includes unlimited text-ing as well. That will be useful. I never text-ed much until this last year. Now all of a sudden with Google voice alerts, twitter and friends, I need it more.

When I first got the discount, they quoted me 23%. Then I had to talk to someone for some reason, cannot remember why it was two years ago, and they mentioned 13%. I told her no I was quoted 23% and she accepted it. They seem VERY flexible in that discount.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    I also won't spend $50 a month more just so that I can have a phone.
    No doubt. That's what kept me from the iPhone. I would have had to pay between $20 and $50 more a month for the same service and I just wouldn't do it no matter how nice the phone was. It's all about finding the right deal for you. Thank god for the internet and price comparisons. I feel like people used to really get screwed if they didn't go around to every cell company and pore over all the plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I could have sworn my plan was called Everything data. It was $49.99/month for 450 min, plus $15 for the unlimited data.
    You didn't have the Everything Data plan. The Everything Data plans include all data, so there is no additional $15 charge. You had something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You didn't have the Everything Data plan. The Everything Data plans include all data, so there is no additional $15 charge. You had something else.
    I am sure you are right. I guess I have "Everything" on the brain. ii