Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ok, quick question.
    You buy the PRE in order to test it out and make sure it can do everything you want it to do compared to your old phone & needs. You have 30 days per Sprint to return it if for some reason it just doesnt work for you. When you purchased the PRE, you signed a new 2 year agreement.

    If I go back to Sprint after 10 days with my PRE in hand and say "Sorry, but this thing locks up every hour, i cant deal with the issues, i would like a refund on my purchase". Say i wanted to go to AT&T instead of staying with Sprint. Will this refund also "cancel" my new 2yr agreement without penalty, or will they try to stick me with some "early termination" fee?

    And Secondly (2 part question) would i be able to get my old plan back on my old Sprint phone if I wanted to stay with Sprint?

    Someone out there knows the answer for sure.... let me hear from you. thanks!!
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  2. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #2  
    Yes, your contract will be cancelled if you return it within 30 days. And you should order it online so that you get Free Shipping and Free Activation. In the end you will only owe then a pro-rated monthly service charge. Return shipping is free or you can return it to a Sprint store. And you don't need a reason to return it.

    I plan on doing the same, just to play with it on my own time. Return it after a week or two. It'd cost me like $25-$35 bucks.

    But (BUT), if you have a discontinued plan (like the SERO) and upgrade your phone and plan, you won't be able to get your plan back. So just get a new plan, like I will.
  3. #3  
    I was wondering the same thing. I have the "Fair and Flexible" plan with my 755p (contract fortuitously expires 6/8). If the Pre turns out to NOT serve my needs, I would want to go back to what I currently have. If not, I would leave Sprint and go with an iPhone.
  4. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #4  
    yes, this is my plan as well. Its either PRE or iPHONE. I want time though, to play with the PRE. If I dont like what i see, and can't see any quick resolutions to the issues I may have (hoping for none ofcourse) and decide to return it, i want to know that i can get out of the new 2 yr without too much damage. Sounds like I can.

    If for some reason something caused me to want to stay with SPRINT, I wondered if i could get my old plan back. Sounds like thats a big fat "NO". Its a normal plan - but its man years old. 2100min $109. The "new" everything plans will cost me more than my current plan, so that would probably give me more incentive to roll to the iPhone.
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  5. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #5  
    ^ Like I said, it's no risk to get it on a new plan. If you decide to keep it, you can cancel the new plan within 30 days and move the Pre to your old plan. (They might have to adjust the price if you don't qualify for the full discount).
  6. #6  
    I you can get one of the SE plans on top of SERO or what have you when you buy the Pre. Of course that means paying extra, but think of it as insurance that you can go back to your old plan if things don't work out.
  7. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Cracker View Post
    I you can get one of the SE plans on top of SERO or what have you when you buy the Pre. Of course that means paying extra, but think of it as insurance that you can go back to your old plan if things don't work out.
    There are no add-ons for the SERO or non-Everything plans to make then compatible with the Pre. You would have to change your plan.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    The "new" everything plans will cost me more than my current plan, so that would probably give me more incentive to roll to the iPhone.
    ...where you will pay much, much more. Your reasoning makes no sense.
  9. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #9  
    I think the problem there is the other thread that shows Customer Support reps for Sprint stating that you can buy a pre on your existing plan if it has unlimited data. If not, u have to buy an add-on. I think thats the confusion.... CSRs saying u can stay on existing plans. My guess, u cannot, like the Instinct, but they are giving it a good thrashing in the other thread.

    meanwhile.... ok, i think i'll go for the PRE, see how it is, return if i dont like it, and run over to my local ATT store if i dont. Only the PRE holds a candle to the iPhone for the things i do with my phone every day.
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  10. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    ...where you will pay much, much more. Your reasoning makes no sense.
    Mikah912... Actually i wont. I have the ability to get major discounts on AT&T. I am on Sprint only because my current plan is so old it competes with my AT&T discounts.
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    Mikah912... Actually i wont. I have the ability to get major discounts on AT&T. I am on Sprint only because my current plan is so old it competes with my AT&T discounts.
    Sprint corporate discounts are easily and widely available and usually go in the area of 25%. If you can beat that on AT&T, then you're a fool not to have switched a long time ago. Otherwise, you're a fool to leave.
  12. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #12  
    Actually, I'm not a fool either way.

    I already have 20% discount on Sprint. My (larger) AT&T discount was not available until late last year. However, when i heard that the R&D guy from Apple was heading over to PALM, I held out on Sprint hoping for an even better device from PALM. So now i have the choice. 20% on PALM for the PRE service plans (everything). or more percentage on AT&T for the iPhone. Once I touch the PRE, I'll have a good feel for which is the better avenue. Price isn't everything.
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    Actually, I'm not a fool either way.

    I already have 20% discount on Sprint. My (larger) AT&T discount was not available until late last year. However, when i heard that the R&D guy from Apple was heading over to PALM, I held out on Sprint hoping for an even better device from PALM. So now i have the choice. 20% on PALM for the PRE service plans (everything). or more percentage on AT&T for the iPhone. Once I touch the PRE, I'll have a good feel for which is the better avenue. Price isn't everything.
    Price isn't everything, most certainly. But since Sprint plans are cheaper than AT&Ts to begin with, while offering you more, even a greater percentage discount with At&T is a complete wash.

    What's baffling is why you hold the Pre against the iPhone. Any issues you have with the Pre won't be solved by the iPhone and vice versa.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    ...
    And Secondly (2 part question) would i be able to get my old plan back on my old Sprint phone if I wanted to stay with Sprint?

    Someone out there knows the answer for sure.... let me hear from you. thanks!!
    I just got off the phone, updating my old plan to a Data Everything plan. The CSR told me three times that once I change, I cannot go back to my old plan.

    She told me this without me asking, so I suspect that it's something they've been instructed on.
  15. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #15  
    Mikah.... its not a wash, believe me. Everything SPRINT can give me for their plan vs everything i can purchase via AT&T (matching them up evenly) would cost me $20/month less at AT&T per month having 2 iphones & 3 non iphones, compared to 2 PREs & 3 non PREs. PLUS I get 700 more minutes AND rollover. $20*12 = $240 a year + a ton more minutes. One of the major issues is that every ADD-ON phone for Sprint will be $19 a month, even if it cannot do data, vs AT&T's $9/month.

    Meanwhile, as far as my comparing, i do feel its appropriate. Can the PRE do VPN tunneling ipsec? Don't know. iPHONE can, and it works over our corporations network so i can access internal resources via cell. If the PRE cant do it anytime soon, then i solve my problem by going to iphone. Can the PRE sync my LOCAL OUTLook, no, atleast not out of the box, it appears someone will have to write an app. Well, iPhone can Sync outlook local via itunes. Can you type in landscape mode on the iPhone? Yes. Pre? Uh, no, appears not. Then i could do the same type comparisons the other way, where the PRE solves some things that the iPhone cannot do. So, depending upon your individual need, 1 phone can resolve the problems of another.

    Either way, my decision is iPhone vs PRE, and this is the same thing MANY people are debating right now. Everyone's answer will be different, depending on their individual needs. Hope you have a great afternoon.
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  16. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #16  
    hparsons.... thanks, sounds like once you step over the line, there is no going back.
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    Mikah.... its not a wash, believe me. Everything SPRINT can give me for their plan vs everything i can purchase via AT&T (matching them up evenly) would cost me $20/month less at AT&T per month having 2 iphones & 3 non iphones, compared to 2 PREs & 3 non PREs. PLUS I get 700 more minutes AND rollover. $20*12 = $240 a year + a ton more minutes. One of the major issues is that every ADD-ON phone for Sprint will be $19 a month, even if it cannot do data, vs AT&T's $9/month.

    Meanwhile, as far as my comparing, i do feel its appropriate. Can the PRE do VPN tunneling ipsec? Don't know. iPHONE can, and it works over our corporations network so i can access internal resources via cell. If the PRE cant do it anytime soon, then i solve my problem by going to iphone. Can the PRE sync my LOCAL OUTLook, no, atleast not out of the box, it appears someone will have to write an app. Well, iPhone can Sync outlook local via itunes. Can you type in landscape mode on the iPhone? Yes. Pre? Uh, no, appears not. Then i could do the same type comparisons the other way, where the PRE solves some things that the iPhone cannot do. So, depending upon your individual need, 1 phone can resolve the problems of another.

    Either way, my decision is iPhone vs PRE, and this is the same thing MANY people are debating right now. Everyone's answer will be different, depending on their individual needs. Hope you have a great afternoon.



    I would love to know what plan that is on AT&T with double data charges that will be cheaper than Sprints?

Posting Permissions