1.    #1  
    I've been weeding through all these threads looking for the answer. I've seen a few people ask but nobody seems to know so I'll try and get as many eyes as I can.

Has anyone asked Sprint if the Everything Plus plans will work with Pre? If so, how would you go about getting a Pre while switching to that plan? Can it be done in stores?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I've been weeding through all these threads looking for the answer. I've seen a few people ask but nobody seems to know so I'll try and get as many eyes as I can.

Has anyone asked Sprint if the Everything Plus plans will work with Pre? If so, how would you go about getting a Pre while switching to that plan? Can it be done in stores?
    Do you get any type of discount for work, or where you bank? If so, I don't see know the everything plus would save you any money.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Yes the new $60 (500 minute) SERO will work... it's called the "Everything Plus Referral" plan and it includes unlimited data.

If you get even 20% Corporate discount, you should go with the $70 Everything Data plan, as it would give you 50 additional minutes and become cheaper than the ERP. In fact a 25% corp discount brings the ED plan to $52.
    If it's been tweeted, it must be true!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if you are are currently not on SERO or EPP, can you switch your current Sprint number to the EPP.

I called yesterday and was told that I culd not move my current Sprint # to a new EPP plan. I would have to be issued a new phone number.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ That's ridiculous... You can go to the ERP site, and upgrade your phone and contract there to the ERP.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Yes the new $60 (500 minute) SERO will work... it's called the "Everything Plus Referral" plan and it includes unlimited data.

If you get even 20% Corporate discount, you should go with the $70 Everything Data plan, as it would give you 50 additional minutes and become cheaper than the ERP. In fact a 25% corp discount brings the ED plan to $52.
    Doesn't the $70 ED plan only have 450 minutes and the $60 EPRP have 500 minutes?
    I dont understand how you all can survive on only 450 and 500 mins. I have 1250 trying to debate if I could go down to 900 and I cant even see that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    I dont understand how you all can survive on only 450 and 500 mins. I have 1250 trying to debate if I could go down to 900 and I cant even see that happening.
    Some of us still use landlines.
    I have 500 day minutes and for the past 2 years, I've only come close to that just 1 time.
    For me, it's about 200 day per month, 300-400 n/w.
    Well, I called in the ERP phone number and I was told that when the Pre is released, I would be able to sign up the $59.99/500min plan with it. I'm currently not a Sprint customer so I would be signing as new. Now, whether or not this is really true remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    If it's been tweeted, it must be true!
    Considering it's from Sprint...yeah, it is true.
    Some of us just don't use the phone that much, period. I'm much more email oriented.

I've never enjoyed talking on the phone; my conversations are usually very focused and short, typically 30 seconds or less. "I'm running late, can you take the girls to soccer?" "I'm stopping at the grocery store, anything to add to my list?"

According to the graph on my Sprint account page, I'm averaging 62 anytime minutes per month. I suspect I use my home landline even less, but it's hard to deconvolute my use from that of my wife and two teen-aged daughters.

I got a Treo mainly so I wouldn't need to carry a PDA and a cellphone. I started carrying a cellphone because now that everyone has one, you can't count on finding a pay phone when you need one. >95% of my Treo use is either standalone PDA, or mobile web.

I'm excited by the Pre because it brings my PDA that much closer in capability to my desktop PC. And oh, yeah, it's got a phone too, so I still won't need to carry one separately.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    It's ez. I have a family plan with my 3 very active 20something children, and combined we only use about 700 minutes per month out of the 1500 plan minutes. None of us have landlines either. Almost all of our phones calls are either sprint to sprint, after 7pm, or on weekends...but we do each have one Sprint to Home # that is free (actually 5$ per month, with a 5$ credit) Now we do send about 5000 text messages each month.

I've never asked them to cut back or meter their usage...I just think that voice calls are becoming a bit old fashioned these days.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I just don't talk a lot on my cellphone, and by the time I get home from work and want to talk to someone, my night time unlimited has already kicked in, so it doesn't count against my minutes.

And patches, that's what i stated the $60 ERP has 50 more minutes than the $70 Everything Data plan. But after a corporate discount, the ED plan can be $8 cheaper than the ERP.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Some of us just don't use the phone that much, period. I'm much more email oriented.

I've never enjoyed talking on the phone; my conversations are usually very focused and short, typically 30 seconds or less. "I'm running late, can you take the girls to soccer?" "I'm stopping at the grocery store, anything to add to my list?"

According to the graph on my Sprint account page, I'm averaging 62 anytime minutes per month. I suspect I use my home landline even less, but it's hard to deconvolute my use from that of my wife and two teen-aged daughters.

I got a Treo mainly so I wouldn't need to carry a PDA and a cellphone. I started carrying a cellphone because now that everyone has one, you can't count on finding a pay phone when you need one. >95% of my Treo use is either standalone PDA, or mobile web.

I'm excited by the Pre because it brings my PDA that much closer in capability to my desktop PC. And oh, yeah, it's got a phone too, so I still won't need to carry one separately.
    This could almost have been my post. I'm very reliant on email and text messages (side note - I do few text messages directly, but my push email system uses SMS, and I get lots of server alerts via text messaging).

I looked at mine and my wife's usage getting ready to change to an Everything Data plan. We're currently on a 2500 minute plan. We've never run over (but it's been close) - but she typically uses 2000 minutes a month, and I use < 200. It was an eye-opener.

We're switching to Everyting Data 3000 for $169.99 - a 15% discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    I just don't talk a lot on my cellphone, and by the time I get home from work and want to talk to someone, my night time unlimited has already kicked in, so it doesn't count against my minutes.

And patches, that's what i stated the $60 ERP has 50 more minutes than the $70 Everything Data plan. But after a corporate discount, the ED plan can be $8 cheaper than the ERP.
    Sorry, my bad.
  18.    #19  
    Because 9/10 people I talk on the phone with have Sprint, so it's free. Back when I got SERO 500, I made sure nearly everyone I knew did too.

So it looks like I'm down between these two choices:

1) Get Family Everything Plus ($109) and add a line ($15). But hope and pray I can switch my three lines on June 7th to it AND get a Pre - online or on the phone.

2) Get a regular Family Everything plan ($129) and add a line ($20) in a store on the 7th and pray I can get the 25% credit union discount applied, hopefully immediately (should take it down to $112).

Hard choice. Option one sounds risky, and I'm not totally confident the Everything Plus site will have Pre's at launch.

And I don't understand how someone can yak on the phone for 1200 minutes a month just during the day!

Seriously though, during weekdays I am at work and not on the phone. I use my Touch Pro to keep a copy of all emails, appointments, and tasks in my pocket as well as using it for a portable hotspot.

When the evening rolls around or it's a Saturday afternoon I call my friends to get together but it's free then.

I currently have a 200 minute plan and I never use them all. How's that for a mind-fark?