1.    #1  
    I am sure there is an answer somewhere, but does anyone know when Verizon will release the Pre. I will not give sprint a dime of my hard earned money!
    There is not an answer anywhere. There are two things that will have to happen:
    1) Sprint's undefined exclusivity agreement period will have to end.
    2) Verizon will have to pull their heads out of their asses and stop hating on Palm and be willing to release a phone without testing it for five years and stripping out all the good stuff before release.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    I am sure there is an answer somewhere, but does anyone know when Verizon will release the Pre. I will not give sprint a dime of my hard earned money!
    If you're not under contract anymore I would recommend switching cause if you're paying regular prices at Verizon you're spending more of your hard earned money with them them.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  4.    #4  
    I was a nextel customer since the early days. Loved NEXTEL. I had to carry a VZW treo as well. Both for work purposes. I had a problem when a phone died and went to SPRINt after merger and they would not help. Never raised a voice or anything but made several calls. the last call I was told that I was an uphappy customer, so they wanted let me port out. Basicaly to go f myself.

so am I will to pay a little more for a better service and better customers service, heck yes......VZW just horribly slow to get new equipment. But the service is so much better then sprint.... You get what you pay for my friend.
    I was a nextel customer since the early days. Loved NEXTEL. I had to carry a VZW treo as well. Both for work purposes. I had a problem when a phone died and went to SPRINt after merger and they would not help. Never raised a voice or anything but made several calls. the last call I was told that I was an uphappy customer, so they wanted let me port out. Basicaly to go f myself.

so am I will to pay a little more for a better service and better customers service, heck yes......VZW just horribly slow to get new equipment. But the service is so much better then sprint.... You get what you pay for my friend.
    That was 4 years ago. Things have changed and there are plenty of happy customers too. Just read http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...ke-sprint.html

I don't think $20 more per month is worth the customer service who you should hardly deal with. $240 for a year is another Palm Pre.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    That was 4 years ago. Things have changed and there are plenty of happy customers too. Just read http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...ke-sprint.html

I don't think $20 more per month is worth the customer service who you should hardly deal with. $240 for a year is another Palm Pre.
    I do not read all these blogs so I am sure there are alot of happy people with sprint. I do read Consumer Reports and they do extensive research....For $20 it pays to have service everywhere not just a big city.

Glad you are happy, but no way in hell would I ever go back to sprint!
    I do not read all these blogs so I am sure there are alot of happy people with sprint. I do read Consumer Reports and they do extensive research....For $20 it pays to have service everywhere not just a big city.

Sprint's coverage is more than just big cities. If needed it can roam on Verizon so I don't know how you figure it's small.

I travel all over the US and have RARELY found myself without Sprint coverage. This includes some far out farm towns in the middle of nowhere.

As far a customer satisfaction:
    1) I go into the store, and they have ALWAYS worked their asses off to do whatever it takes. This includes canceling several lines with no fees. I did nothing, they fought the battles for me.

2) I switched away from Verizon after the FUBARed up my billing, not once, but twice. It was the biggest PITA to get it all figured out.

3) Verizon knickles and dimes you on everything! Want navigation? You HAVE to use their subscription software, because they lock out the GPS in the phone that YOU PAID FOR. It's junk. TV is the same thing. Not only are Sprint's plans LESS but have MORE features! I refuse to buy hardware that is artificially cripled to make a few bucks. That is just ridiculous!

For me, it's a no brainer, but to each his/her own.

PS) Just big cities?
    Just look up the coverage map before making ridiculous claims like that. Unless you count places like Beacon, Iowa as a big city, then yea, it's only in big cities (Beacon has about 500 inhabitants)

That's coverage pretty much everywhere.

Apparently I don't have a large enough post count to post images or links. Not sure of the point of that.
    Last edited by NoRemorse; 05/26/2009 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRemorse View Post
    Apparently I don't have a large enough post count to post images or links. Not sure of the point of that.
    It's to prevent new accounts being made to spam the forum.

actually, I get the links, but images are rarely used in spam. oh well.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Seems VZW will be carrying the Pre in about 6 months.

Verizon Wireless to carry Palm Pre, Storm 2 "in about six months"

Don't know if I can wait (although my new every 2 comes due at about that time).

Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
  12.    #12  
    I see there are some signs that the Pre maybe on its way to VZW.... Has anyone heard an rumors of a release date?
    I wouldnt believe that until there is a confirmation from stores or something. A lot of companies has said the same thing about iphone.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    I wouldnt believe that until there is a confirmation from stores or something. A lot of companies has said the same thing about iphone.
    while i am in no way certain that vz will get the pre or any other palm phone there is a HUGE difference between internet rumors that companies will get the iphone and actually verizon mucky mucks telling investors they will be carrying the pre.

The SEC doesn't look kindly to out and out lies to investors. Plans can change but when Verizon went telling every investor that would listen that they were planning to carry the pre and it's cousin sometimes after the new year they better well have meant it at that moment in time.

there has never been any official high level representative (cluseless CSR's dont count) from any US carrier besides ATT saying they would have an iphone.

My personal (so means NOTHING- lol) wager is there's a 25% shot it shows up on VZ towards the end of Q1 2010.
    25% is shows up later in 2010.
    And 50% is doesn't ever.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ever since Sprint & Verizon opened up their networks last year you should be able to buy a pre and get the MSL and use it on their network. Keep in mind some features and services may not work such as Sprint Nav or Sprint tv