Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    its a matter of time according to my district rep. like 45-60 days after launch...
    im an advocate and have mine and love it. cant wait till i get to put it on my personal line and use it to the fullest.

right now it has a kansas number on it and im in idaho. not likely to pass the number out to all my friends only to loose the number 45 days later.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jessef View Post
    I have a third party employee plan which includes the following:

3000 Anytime Minutes
    Unlimited Night & Weekends, Txting, Data, and Sprint to Sprint.

All of this for $20 a month. What will happen to my plan as I am surew I am not the only one in the forum with this problem.....
    Your plan will work just fine with the Pre...
    EXCEPT!
    Right now Employees (or those on the 3rd party employee plan plan like yours) CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT activate the Palm Pre on their accounts. It was a rule made up to keep Sprint employees from eating up the majority of the first Pre shipments. Give it a few weeks and you should be able to buy and activate a Pre just fine.
    I assume since you don't know any of this you're not actually a Sprint employee. It's a good plan, but it's getting harder and harder to take advantage of it. In fact when you go to get your Pre they may not sell it to you unless you pay full price $550 and you may have to have your friend who got you on that plan in the first place send off a email to their Sprint rep just to activate the phone (which can take a couple of days).

As a Sprint store manager I'm kinda in the same boat, even if I could get my grubby paws on a Pre, I would not be able to activate it right now for my own line.
    The HUP (handset upgrade program) is for people paying 39.99 a month or more. so if your on the 3rd party plan (20 bucks a month) you cant upgrade. However stores like best buy and radio shack are more likely to slip up on this one....costing them money because sprint will not issue them a check for commision for upgrading an account that doesnt qualify....so if your ok w screwing another company/store owner...go for it.

for the honest bunch....550 it is unless your store owner (indirect stores only of course) cuts you a deal on one brand new.
    Hey guys. I have my own problem in it of itself. I am currently on a fair and flexible 3000 plan because i signed up several years back when i sold phones in costco. (costco stopped selling sprint and they never contacted me to switch to consumer plan).

Love the plan (who wouldnt?) But I love the pre even more (plus my phone is crapping itself). Yesterday i spent almost 2 hours on the phone having customer service rep after customer service rep tell me they cant touch my account. They weren't able to find anybody to who could. WHO DO I CALL that can help me get a normal person plan?!? This is annoying.
    call 1-888-876-8381. its dealer line assistance basicall.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    its a matter of time according to my district rep. like 45-60 days after launch...
    Sucks. Need a new phone now. may actually have to just grab an iphone 3gs or a blackberry going to be a hassle to wait it out.
    I got sprint to put me on the 69.99 450 unlimited data plan. I am also going to get a corporate discount. (15%) and they are going to add 3 numbers not exclusive to sprint that I will be able to call for free. Not bad imo. Ill be paying about 60 bucks total a month...
    Quote Originally Posted by artovs View Post
    I got sprint to put me on the 69.99 450 unlimited data plan. I am also going to get a corporate discount. (15%) and they are going to add 3 numbers not exclusive to sprint that I will be able to call for free. Not bad imo. Ill be paying about 60 bucks total a month...
    not bad. i'm waiting for the referral cause they got a 1000 minutes for $79 bucks everything plus plan. I'll give it a while but not two months. I'll either have to bite the bullet on the full price of the plan or go another route.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntingace View Post
    im an advocate and have mine and love it. cant wait till i get to put it on my personal line and use it to the fullest.

right now it has a kansas number on it and im in idaho. not likely to pass the number out to all my friends only to loose the number 45 days later.
    Any updates?

Trying to figure out when i will be able to get my Pre
    Is there a list of companies eligible for the employee plans?
    actually you can already activate the pre on the advantage plans the only downside is you can not get discounts on the phone as you would normally be able too. The best way around this problem is to find someone who has an upgrade and buy it off of them or off of craigslist...etc etc. I am currently on an advantage plan and have had my pre for 3 weeks now without any problems or issues with sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Is there a list of companies eligible for the employee plans?
    Bump!
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_in_NE View Post
    Any updates?

Trying to figure out when i will be able to get my Pre

I have a Free and Clear Unlimited Partner employee plan and am interested in getting the Pre. Any idea when these employee plans might be able to be moved over to the Pre with no requirement of a plan change? What is the best way to do that?

Thanks!!
    As a reference point, I discovered at the Sprint store that I was eligible for a 23% discount on service plans. I'm guessing this is because my employer (with some 500-600 staff) uses Sprint as their preferred vendor for Internet (and maybe mobile service, too). So a $129.99 Family Data plan will go down to $100.10 once my discount gets processed through Sprint's billing department.

So when you're talking with the Sprint sales consultant, it's worth mentioning your employer and/or your spouse's and asking if they can find a discount in their system.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Spoke to our district rep today. He guestimates we will be able to activate the Pre on employee plans sometime in the middle of August. Once I get the green light I'll be activating mine.

Currently it's not the plan stopping us, it's simply Sprint policy not to activate the Pre on employee accounts/plans. The policy was created to stop employees from sucking up all the units at launch, why they are waiting so long to lift the restriction is unclear.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    I know quite a few employees that have Pre's already on their account that got theirs on Ebay. I have also personally seen an active Pre on a 3rd party employee acct like described above. So nothing in the system will stop you from doing it. The secret is to activate the phone yourself on the web. If that dosen't work call and talk to regular tech and just tell them you want to do an ESN swap. They won't think twice where Employee accts have probably been trained not to activate them.
    Employee Care can activate a Pre just fine, nothing against it. Otherwise the advocate devices would still be o their Demo accounts. Telesales on the other hand cannot send out the device to an employee account. And since employees cannot purchase a device in store (with the exception of Overland Park Campus), or online, that means that they ca't really purchase one through normal means. Buying one on ebay or craigslist without a contract requirement is an entirely different story.

Called Employee Care earlier today to switch over to a Pre, no issues at all.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    I wouldn't be suprised if it is 90 days after initial launch before Sprint Employees will be able to buy nder advantage club. Especially after hearing Hesse's statement that he feels the product is still in such high demand.
    I'm an indirect employee I got my Pre activated Friday. My co-worker had his one week to the day before that. It can be done, but you need to call dealer care. Customer care won't do it (very easily, anyway). You also need to ensure that your $0 unlimited plan that matches your $20 is a certain SOC. There are two variations for employees to get free unlimited data, and only one will work with the Pre. My first one did not, so I had to keep calling back until I found a rep that would switch me to the other one. Then, I was able to activate my Pre with no problems.
    I hear in late AUG, the pre will be available with the employee plans.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast