Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Love your money? You are not SOL. There's plenty of new device coming this year, including some really cool ones on Sprint; Cause in point...

HTC's Android Interface Makes Us Temporarily Forget All About Palm Pre
    Gizmodo - HTC's Android Interface Makes Us Temporarily Forget All About Palm Pre - android donut

Palm what? A better look at HTC's custom Android "Donut" build for Hero shows us just how buttery smooth and slick Android can be, and it's incredible.

The widgets have the tang of HTC—if you've used a Touch Diamond or Pro, they're familiar—but they seem to have a grace they don't on Windows Mobile. (Yeah, it's an emulator, but I'd bet—hope—that a lot of the speed translates to the handset as well, since Android is designed for this kind of customization by handset makers and carriers.)

HTC seems like the first to scratch the surface of what you can do with a custom Android build—which, I love the fact that every Android build is now named after fattening pastries—so maybe Android's time really is coming.
    Actually with Sero you can get the Pre you just have to go on one of the following Sero Plans

They are going to have SERO plans for the Palm Pre. The plans are as follows:

Everything Plus 500 - $59.99
    500 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

Everything Plus 1000 - $79.99
    1000 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

Everything Plus Family Plan 1600 - $109.99
    1600 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends
    The first two lines are included each addon line is $15.00 per month up to 5 lines max.

Everything Plus Family Plan 3200 - $149.99
    3200 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends
    The first two lines are included each addon line is $15.00 per month up to 5 lines max.
    LOL.

"Love your money? Then jump to another carrier and pay more than Sprint's Everything Plans by...."
    "Excuse me....can you say that again?"
  4. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nautica788 View Post
    Actually with Sero you can get the Pre you just have to go on one of the following Sero Plans

500 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

1000 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

1600 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

3200 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends
    thats not sero. on my sero plan i have 1250 min, everything THESE plans offer and i pay $50 a month, so why would i pay $30/mo more and loose 250? so i can get the pre..seems silly
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Those are SEP plans. I hope I can get mine switched over because I don't want a SE plan.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    There is no way to get it switched over you must change to one of the plans I listed.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

500 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

1000 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

1600 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

3200 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends
    How do you know this?
    And this is on the Pre forum because .... ?

Is an iPhone tread coming up next?
    Am I the only one that watched that Android video and think it looks like an absolute mess? (I've also played around with Android on my Nokia n800 and quite frankly, the only things it had going for it were Google and the open-source OS. This gives more eye-candy, but it looks like too much going on at once with the widget homescreen, and doesn't have the simplicity that Apple has, or that the Pre appears to have.)
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

Is another iPhone tread coming up next?
    Corrected that for you.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    The thing about it is that if you want to upgrade to a smartphone on Sprint in the coming year, they're most likely going to require you to upgrade to Everything Data at least. If you're fine with your current phones or a dumb phone then stick with Sero...otherwise you're going to have to make the jump sometime. I'm assuming it will be the same with the Android device.
    There is no way to get it switched over you must change to one of the plans I listed.
    Idle speculation until the Pre is released and someone is able to activate it on a Sero plan... or not.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    I think this whole mess with the Pre is my last straw with sprint

I don't see the point in spending $504.00 more a year, for the same exact plan (plus will loose my perks like first incoming minute.. GOLD)

all for a phone? it's ridiculous.

I have my Sero plan down to $24 a month (with the first incoming minute free ((all incoming calls are free, when ever)) )

I was really holding out for the Pre, just to be let down... and thats not the first time.

I started as a 700WX user awaiting the 800w.... but then we all learned how big of a POS that was....

I ignored the Treo Pro in hopes of the pre.... (wasn't that trilled by square screens anymore either)

The other thing is, I CLEARLY remember talk that they will offer this phone extra cheap to open up to a larger audience... which in this economy I thought would be a wonderful thing to do.

But $300 out the door is not cheap, by any means; thats what people dropped on Touch Pros (lucky me, I was able to get my mogul swapped out for one; and only paid 25$ for my mogul)

obviously I wasnt expecting the Pre to be that cheap.. I was thinking maybe 199 - 250 out the door

I don't think I will buy into anymore of this crap;

hello Android
    Quote Originally Posted by airibis View Post
    I think this whole mess with the Pre is my last straw with sprint

I don't see the point in spending $504.00 more a year, for the same exact plan (plus will loose my perks like first incoming minute.. GOLD)

all for a phone? it's ridiculous.

I have my Sero plan down to $24 a month (with the first incoming minute free ((all incoming calls are free, when ever)) )

I was really holding out for the Pre, just to be let down... and thats not the first time.

I started as a 700WX user awaiting the 800w.... but then we all learned how big of a POS that was....

I ignored the Treo Pro in hopes of the pre.... (wasn't that trilled by square screens anymore either)

The other thing is, I CLEARLY remember talk that they will offer this phone extra cheap to open up to a larger audience... which in this economy I thought would be a wonderful thing to do.

But $300 out the door is not cheap, by any means; thats what people dropped on Touch Pros (lucky me, I was able to get my mogul swapped out for one; and only paid 25$ for my mogul)

obviously I wasnt expecting the Pre to be that cheap.. I was thinking maybe 199 - 250 out the door

I don't think I will buy into anymore of this crap;

hello Android
    If a $100 rebate is a deal breaker for people, then those people dont have any business buying a phone period. Most people that have their financial lives together or priorities right can deal with a rebate. Those who cant have no business buying a Pre even at $199 out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

Is an iPhone tread coming up next?
    It's not the Pre forum, it's the CDMA forum. Read the title:

CDMA-North America
    Sprint and Verizon discussions -- talk Palm Pre Plans, Treo Plans, etc.

Not limited to the Pre, but to any and all phones and plans that are carried by Verizon and Sprint.

Last edited by ivhs72; 06/04/2009 at 05:28 PM.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by mh262 View Post
    How do you know this?
    If you have access to the Employee portion of the Sprint website, that is where these plans are listed. It's not a secret.

FWIW, the SERO plan is dead, as in no one can get new ones, but you can take over someone's current plan. The ERSP or whatever it's being called is it's replacement, and that is what is being referred to here. I currently have one phone on the old SERO plan, and one on the new ERSP one. It was a SERO as well but I had to upgrade so I could get the full use of my BlackBerry phone.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I am on an old plan that is likely the best family plan ever (not SERO).
    So unless I can add a Pre to my existing account, I won't be able to get one.
    Can't afford (or more accurately won't waste the money) on the Pre if it means I have essentially double my bill.

The real test is if someone can get one, and then activate it online. That will tell us whether Sprint is pulling and Instinct on us or not.

I would gladly give them $500 for the phone, as long as I don't have to touch my plan. (the change would cost me $850, so better to pay full boat for the device.)
    As much as I want a Pre, it's not enough to give up what I'm saving on SERO. To the guy who is paying $24 a month, I say stick with that. Get a different phone, and hold onto the savings. That's more important than something shiny.
    I talked with the folks at Sprint today. They said the only way to stay on the old SERO plan and get a new phone is to get a non PDA/Smartphone. They will not let you upgrade that plan with any PDA/Smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudstaff View Post
    I talked with the folks at Sprint today. They said the only way to stay on the old SERO plan and get a new phone is to get a non PDA/Smartphone. They will not let you upgrade that plan with any PDA/Smartphone.
    Interesting, because just yesterday they offered to give me a Pro instead of a Pre.

You may want to try calling again.