• Upgrade to Pre and sacrifice SERO for SEP

61 49.59%
  • Leave Sprint ;p

8 6.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I'd keep my Centro or HTC Pro and keep SERO
    Price for lowest plan SEP is 100% more than my current SERO account.

We'll see hopefully things will change.
    After all SERO does include unlimited

..but from my phone calls and chat with CS...you need that SEP so they can activate the phone for you or it will not be an option.

There was a picture posted online i think on the first link below that details SEP and the pre...I dont see it anymore i'll post it if i find it

Other ongoing SERO+PRE talk on the web
    http://www.isyougeekedup.com/confirm...on-sero-plans/
    http://twitter.com/sprint
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1356525
    http://www.precentral.net/
    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139
    Last edited by Camel; 05/19/2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Thanks for starting a new thread about this. It's hard to find a thread around here where people discuss the plans that may/may not be allowed with the Pre. You rock.
    You could have included a fourth option in your poll, "I don't have SERO"
    Or another...keeping SERO to use as a data card. Touch Pro comes to mind.
    Upgrade, keep your plan, leave I don't really care.

The choice is up to the individual, you have the information not figure it out. All the senseless *****ing about being entitled to buy the Pre and use your current plan is tiresome since they are not allowing you to do so.

Don't believe me? Try and get the Instinct with your plan.

Better they give you the choice instead of sending you a letter saying you have 30 days to switch or cancel.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Thanks for starting a new thread about this. It's hard to find a thread around here where people discuss the plans that may/may not be allowed with the Pre. You rock.
    No problem. I didnt see one either and jumped from site to site. Sorry mod if this is a repost or dupe.
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    You could have included a fourth option in your poll, "I don't have SERO"
    Just trying to get an opinion from sero member only to get a good idea

For me it really depends on the details.

If I can get a Pre w/o the $100 rebate and keep my Sero plan, I'll do it, but I just can't justify doubling my phone bill just to have a Pre. I don't use that many minutes or data, and I can't see my phone usage changing that much just because of a new phone.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    What about the drop the old SERO and get the new one (ERP).
    That's my choice.
    This phone better be worth an extra $720 (excluding taxes and insurance).
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    No problem. I didnt see one either and jumped from site to site. Sorry mod if this is a repost or dupe.
    Really?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...w-you-see.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-any-plan.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...what-sero.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-plan-pre.html

All on the first page of this forum.

Would the mods mind doing some merging?
    I'm perfectly happy seeing more of these threads created. Sprint does visit these forums.

Backlash anyone?
    Based on the specs of the Pre and the way they've run the campaign for it thus far, do you really think Sprint heeds the complaints of people here?
    How about we keep them to where they belong anyway, the CDMA North America section. These constant threads have very little to do with the Pre, and any real information is getting buried underneath the repetitive complaining. We get it, you don't like that you'll have to switch from SERO. Suck it up and switch to get the Pre, or get some other phone. And don't claim you're going to switch carriers for it, when Sprint's regular plans that you're complaining about being forced to switch to are still cheaper than the competition.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    It’s ok. There will be more. I just like the title since it has two key words. Pre and Sero
    I was (and still) looking forward to get the pre. Let me start by saying I like sprint service in NYC and have no complaints.

If you think sprint is trying to pull off an AT&T iphone type plan a.k.a the instinct plan on the Pre, then forget it. If you ask me, the difference between the iPhone plan on AT&T and SEP on the Pre, I'd tell you that it will work for AT&T and fail for Sprint and Pre sales will be hurt substantially due to the activation requirements.

Apple has a huge promo budget and iPod/fan base that are willing to pay a premium just to get the iphone(there's huge demand that's attached to brand loyalty and this differentiated product) . Price wouldn’t matter to them as much…With sprint it’s different…People don’t know much about the pre...no way near the iPhone at least.

Trying to sell off the Pre at a premium just would be another instinct failure only this time it would be the precious palm pre that we’re all dying to get. Nevertheless, most will get regardless of what it would cost. With that said…going back to the comparison and the route that sprint is trying to take with the pre, you can draw your own conclusions. Take a decade comparison of Apple vs. Palm from a pure economical perspective. I don’t think Palm is in the position to fail…some more. Then again I don’t know how much the sprint segment contributes to Palm. Speaking of sprint, they’ve been suffering and bleeding customers to other networks for a long time now. The value of the CDMA pre will fall tremendously in my opinion.

I gave my Sero 500 plan to my sister, upgraded my line to the everything data 450 and added my 25% credit union discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel View Post
    If you think sprint is trying to pull off an AT&T iphone type plan a.k.a the instinct plan on the Pre, then forget it. If you ask me, the difference between the iPhone plan on AT&T and SEP on the Pre, I'd tell you that it will work for AT&T and fail for Sprint and Pre sales will be hurt substantially due to the activation requirements.
    Well put...

Palm, and especially Sprint, are just NOT in a possition to command a premium right now.

People who were on Sprint but were willing to pay for a more expensive plan to get a great phone switched a LONG time ago to either AT&T (iPhone) or T-mobile (G1)...

Many people who are on Sprint now are on Sprint because it is CHEAP (I am one of them).... We will either stick with SERO and give up on the Pre...

OR we will consider ALL our options and may decide that if we are going to pay more we would rather be on another carrier....
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    Well put...

Palm, and especially Sprint, are just NOT in a possition to command a premium right now.

People who were on Sprint but were willing to pay for a more expensive plan to get a great phone switched a LONG time ago to either AT&T (iPhone) or T-mobile (G1)...

Many people who are on Sprint now are on Sprint because it is CHEAP (I am one of them).... We will either stick with SERO and give up on the Pre...

OR we will consider ALL our options and may decide that if we are going to pay more we would rather be on another carrier....
    Newsflash: The current Sprint plans are STILL cheap.

And seriously...look at the contorted rings of logic above:

"Uh....I am at Sprint because it is cheap, but if they become less cheap, I may say screw it and go with an even expensive option possible on another carrier...you know, because price is my main motivator...."

Does not compute. If you want the iPhone or G1 or whatever else, just leave and get it. If money (or even widespread dependable 3G) is your main factor, then don't even think about another carrier, pipe down, and enjoy it already.
    They are going to have SERO plans for the Palm Pre. The plans are as follows:

Everything Plus 500 - $59.99
    500 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

Everything Plus 1000 - $79.99
    1000 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

Everything Plus Family Plan 1600 - $109.99
    1600 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends
    The first two lines are included each addon line is $15.00 per month up to 5 lines max.

Everything Plus Family Plan 3200 - $149.99
    3200 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends
    The first two lines are included each addon line is $15.00 per month up to 5 lines max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    Well put...

If you are too CHEAP leave SERO ... why would you leave and pay MORE on another network?

I ported over from Verizon and prior to that was on ATT using the iPhone. My wallet is much much heavier here on Sprint. I am blown away by Sprint's SEP pricing compared to what VZW/ATT have to offer.

Your sense of entitlement amazes me.
  19. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    the plan is to have both thanks to retentions just like i did when i got the instinct for a short while close to release
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    I'm in a quandry. I got the Treo Pro because I like the Windows based systems, but needed a phone with MMS capabilities. The 700w/wx and 800w didn't fill those needs (althought 800w did have a limited work around). But the Treo Pro is starting to give me fits with not receiving calls, just like the 800w. I'm also not that impressed with it's overall performance in terms of switching between apps, and speed in some others. I've got a SERO which makes it hard to give up, but I need reliability. I'm wondering if I should try switching to the Pre with or without the SERO, or try to get another Sprint phone that isn't a smartphone and keep the SERO. I need a Sprint phone because my other family members are on Sprint and without the unlimited mobile to mobile, I'd be paying big bucks. I'm leaning towards the cheapest Pre plan, but still it would be nice to keep the SERO.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast