• keep SERO over the Pre

54 43.90%
  • Upgrade to Pre and sacrifice SERO for SEP

61 49.59%
  • Leave Sprint ;p

8 6.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Upgrade, keep your plan, leave I don't really care.

The choice is up to the individual, you have the information not figure it out. All the senseless *****ing about being entitled to buy the Pre and use your current plan is tiresome since they are not allowing you to do so.

Don't believe me? Try and get the Instinct with your plan.

Better they give you the choice instead of sending you a letter saying you have 30 days to switch or cancel.
    Getting a new phone with your plan isn't usually a problem, it's how much you would have to pay for that phone. When I was looking at dumping the 800w, they gave me the Instinct as an option. But I would have to pay full price for the phone since I wasn't eligible for a contract extension. Will the rules be different for the Pre? Offiically, no one really knows, but as of June 6th, it will all be settled.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    If you are eligible to upgrade on SERO and you are willing to change to one of the SERO plans compatible with the Palm Pre then you can get the pre for $299 - $100 MIR = $199
    I'd ditch SERO, get an Everything Data plan and then find a decent corporate discount to offset the pain. I have 27% off on my Everything Data 900 and it comes out to around 70/month.
    Quote Originally Posted by nautica788 View Post
    They are going to have SERO plans for the Palm Pre. The plans are as follows:

Everything Plus 500 - $59.99
    500 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

Everything Plus 1000 - $79.99
    1000 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

Everything Plus Family Plan 1600 - $109.99
    1600 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends
    The first two lines are included each addon line is $15.00 per month up to 5 lines max.

Everything Plus Family Plan 3200 - $149.99
    3200 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends
    The first two lines are included each addon line is $15.00 per month up to 5 lines max.
    I *might* bite on one of these, but they'd have to discount the phone. I'm a year out of contract on $50 SERO/1000 min; wife's phone has year left on 500 min $30 SERO.

SERO is what keeps me with Sprint; all of my other services are with VZW and I could simplify/get bundled discount if I moved.

What bothers me is that they don't address SERO directly or logically. The message is "you need to move to SE plan so you don't have overages with this data-intensive device." That doesn't cut it when we have unlimited text, data, pics already.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by nautica788 View Post
    They are going to have SERO plans for the Palm Pre. The plans are as follows:

Everything Plus 500 - $59.99
    500 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

Everything Plus 1000 - $79.99
    1000 Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

Everything Plus Family Plan 1600 - $109.99
    1600 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends

Everything Plus Family Plan 3200 - $149.99
    3200 Shared Minutes
    Long Distance
    Roaming
    Unlimited Text Messaging
    Unlimited PIcture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Voice Mail
    7 pm Nights & Weekends
    Did this really need to be cross-posted in 3-4 different threads?
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I'll keep my Centro on SERO for now.

If I wanted to more than double the cost of my plan to buy a phone, I'd have my choice of any device and carrier - and I would go back to GSM in a heartbeat. I travel internationally enough that I keep my old unlocked GSM Treo 650s in reserve for use with local SIMs. Even though RIM's OS sucks and the plans are expensive I have been tempted by an international crackberry roaming plan more than once.

The Pre is nice, but not worth (2 * $299) + $1000/year (roughly the extra cost of 2 Pre's for my household, because there's no way I'm getting a Pre while my better half is stuck with a Centro.)

I would pay full retail up front (even $800 each) for a pair of pre on my current plan; I just have no interest in doubling my recurring costs to operate them.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0rexx View Post
    I gave my Sero 500 plan to my sister, upgraded my line to the everything data 450 and added my 25% credit union discount.
    Thanks turb0, you may have just convinced me to get the Pre. Googled my credit union and it came up 25% off. Still a price increase from SERO, but a little bit more justifiable. Now the decision lies in the individual 450 or the shared 1500, but that's a whole notha story. (Just hope they magically include 4G, SD, and Push. Maybe in 22 months when it is time to upgrade)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    If you are too CHEAP leave SERO ... why would you leave and pay MORE on another network?
    Did you not read my post?

There are plenty of things to NOT like about Sprint which may be worth putting up with when it was CHEAP but not if you pay a lot more.

Here is a scenario:

You have a cheap Sprint SERO plan. Where you live Sprint has good coverage but where you work it has NO coverage and at your girlfriend/boyfriend's house it has no coverage. You live with this limitation because your plan is cheap.

You decide you now want a good phone, one you will us A LOT and you are willing to pay for the more expensive plan it will require.

Do you give up SERO to get a Sprint Everything Plan but Sprint STILL doens't have coverage at your work our your partner's house...

OR do you decide...well I'm going to be paying a lot more so I might as well switch to AT&T/Verizon which DOES have good coverage at your home, at work, and your partner's house....

THAT is why you would switch away from Sprint when you decide to give up SERO...

I don't know how much simpler I can make it for you to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    Here is a scenario:

You have a cheap Sprint SERO plan. Where you live Sprint has good coverage but where you work it has NO coverage and at your girlfriend/boyfriend's house it has no coverage. You live with this limitation because your plan is cheap.

You decide you now want a good phone, one you will us A LOT and you are willing to pay for the more expensive plan it will require.

Do you give up SERO to get a Sprint Everything Plan but Sprint STILL doens't have coverage at your work our your partner's house...

OR do you decide...well I'm going to be paying a lot more so I might as well switch to AT&T/Verizon which DOES have good coverage at your home, at work, and your partner's house.....
    I see where you are coming from.... Personally for me.. there isnt a plan worth staying on in the world in your "scenario". If I was in your situation I wouldn't be on Sprint to begin with... I dont care how cheap the plan is, its not worth it to be off line 33-50% of my day.
    I'm a SERO user, I'm wondering if I should go to a ERP plan or just an Everything plan with my corp discount of 15%. ERP and SERO are suppose to not allow a corp discount but some people have managed to do it. Admittedly the savings is some change if I can't get the discount on ERP. But if I find a better corp discount the money adds up. What should I do? Are 20+% discounts widely available out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I'm a SERO user, I'm wondering if I should go to a ERP plan or just an Everything plan with my corp discount of 15%. ERP and SERO are suppose to not allow a corp discount but some people have managed to do it. Admittedly the savings is some change if I can't get the discount on ERP. But if I find a better corp discount the money adds up. What should I do? Are 20+% discounts widely available out there?
    25% widely available if you have a certain credit union.
    27% available if you work at a certain recently bailed out bank
    So I pay for 3x SERO 500 lines ($111/mo after taxes.)

It looks like the new SERO (assuming it will work with Pre) will cost $15 more (before taxes) if I were to switch to the new SERO family pack at $109 plus one line.

That's a little easier to swallow, especially if I can find a corporate discount to attach to it, and/or get the right retentions rep to throw in a recurring monthly discount to offset the switch.

Two questions for you guys:
    SERO plans are valuable. I have heard they can be transfered to other people. Where/how can I do this?
    Who can point me to the easiest/best way to get a corporate discount (my company only uses iphones, which I've refused - even for free)?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    25% widely available if you have a certain credit union.
    27% available if you work at a certain recently bailed out bank
    Which certain credit union?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Which certain credit union?
    Alliant Credit Union and if you google that you may or may not find the code you need.
    Most likely keeping SERO. Now is not the time to be spending money on things I don't need (even if I really, really want them).
    Here is my experience on my old SERO 1250 $49.00 dollars Plan, I wanted the Sprint Treo Pro really bad, I called sprint and they said NO WAY, NO HOW the treo pro will required a everything data plan no matter what, I bought the treo pro off of fleabay for $185 without contract call customer service and hook it NO PROBLEMS....we should see...

Peace out.
    Last edited by yvyv; 05/19/2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yvyv View Post
    Here is my experience on my old SERO 1250 $49.00 dollars Plan, I wanted the Sprint Treo Pro really bad, I called sprint and they said NO WAY, NO HOW the treo pro will required a everything data plan no matter what, I bought the treo pro off of fleabay for $185 without contract call customer service and hook it NO PROBLEMS....we should see...

Peace out.
    Good luck, but I'm fairly certain it's not going to work on this one.
    If I switch it will be to take two SERO 500 lines ($30 each) to the 1500 Family EP for $97 after my corporate discounts. It does suck, but I tried a doing even two iPhone lines and with discounts I'm still $30 cheaper with that.

I've been pampered with SERO and I know it will go away eventually. I have relegated myself to getting a better phone and thus paying more.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    The Pre might be one great phone but until Sprint starts requiring an Everything plan for all of its higher end phones, I'll just find another phone I can use on SERO...I'm not paying $40 more per month just for the Pre...for me after the "hype" wears off it would then just be "my phone"...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    The Pre might be one great phone but until Sprint starts requiring an Everything plan for all of its higher end phones, I'll just find another phone I can use on SERO...I'm not paying $40 more per month just for the Pre...for me after the "hype" wears off it would then just be "my phone"...
    Yeah, I'm with you. I've been looking at the Touch Pro and Treo Pro. I like the Touch Pro but I don't think I can live with that hideous chrome that Sprint put on it. I've looked for ways to "dechrome" it but haven't found anything.

The Treo Pro looks good too, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of third party work on the ROM's. I've been a longtime Windows Mobile user, and after using a Moto Q for 2 years I'm ready for something more powerful.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast