Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I woke up this morning to discover the date for the release had finally been released to the world. Being the patient person that I am, I immediately dialed Sprint to ask about the new plan requirements and how it affected my situation. I was calm and respectful and the guy was great.

Here's the details so far:
    1. SERO plans are out. Same with retention plans. Unless you're on an Everything Data/Unlimited plan of some sort, don't expect the Pre. Reason being that the original Vision, Power Vision and BIS packs DO NOT include Sprint NAV (BB does), Sprint TV or Radio. There is no compatible add-on that exists in the system for these items any more. You want to haz PRE, you need to haz new plan...

2. He emphasized (repeatedly) that he recommends waiting until the phone is actually out if you're on a retentions plan (sorry SERO, you guys are screwed either way - he was positive on this point) before you try to switch. They have not received very much guidance on flexibility and comps that they can apply to the new Everything Data plans. The Everything Data Plans ARE able to have Corporate EVP discounts applied, the new Everything Plus Referral plans CANNOT. You may be forced to switch, but they may sweeten the deal to make it much more palatable.

You'll probably be paying more each month, but it should be close. He emphasized the WAIT TILL AFTER THE RELEASE TO TRY AND STAY ON YOUR PLAN.

I'm on a retentions 2500 minute plan with four lines, and he said they would do their best to work with me. Again, the Pre includes NAV, Sprint TV & Radio, etc. and that is the reason you will be forced to switch. Your retention/SERO plan does not cover them.

I may not have relayed all of the information properly, so feel free to ask questions and I will answer.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I spoke to retentions last week and switched over to a everything family data plan and they were able to add a $50 monthly discount to my account for the next 2 years. Now I am actually going to be paying $10 a month less than my 10 year old "Free & Clear" plan. Got to like it!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    My HTC Touch has Nav and GPS. And it works great on my SERO. When I go to use nav, it tells me it will ad $10 to my bill a month if I use it.

They are lying to you.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    My HTC Touch has Nav and GPS. And it works great on my SERO. When I go to use nav, it tells me it will ad $10 to my bill a month if I use it.

They are lying to you.
    Have you tried Sprint TV? How about Sprint Radio? Yeah... I didn't think so....

Your point isn't valid. It obviously shows that you don't know what you're talking about.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I spoke to retentions last week and switched over to a everything family data plan and they were able to add a $50 monthly discount to my account for the next 2 years. Now I am actually going to be paying $10 a month less than my 10 year old "Free & Clear" plan. Got to like it!
    What plan did you get?
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    I woke up this morning to discover the date for the release had finally been released to the world. Being the patient person that I am, I immediately dialed Sprint to ask about the new plan requirements and how it affected my situation. I was calm and respectful and the guy was great.

Here's the details so far:
    1. SERO plans are out. Same with retention plans. Unless you're on an Everything Data/Unlimited plan of some sort, don't expect the Pre. Reason being that the original Vision, Power Vision and BIS packs DO NOT include Sprint NAV (BB does), Sprint TV or Radio. There is no compatible add-on that exists in the system for these items any more. You want to haz PRE, you need to haz new plan...
    2. He emphasized (repeatedly) that he recommends waiting until the phone is actually out if you're on a retentions plan (sorry SERO, you guys are screwed either way - he was positive on this point) before you try to switch. They have not received very much guidance on flexibility and comps that they can apply to the new Everything Data plans. The Everything Data Plans ARE able to have Corporate EVP discounts applied, the new Everything Plus Referral plans CANNOT. You may be forced to switch, but they may sweeten the deal to make it much more palatable.

You'll probably be paying more each month, but it should be close. He emphasized the WAIT TILL AFTER THE RELEASE TO TRY AND STAY ON YOUR PLAN.

I'm on a retentions 2500 minute plan with four lines, and he said they would do their best to work with me. Again, the Pre includes NAV, Sprint TV & Radio, etc. and that is the reason you will be forced to switch. Your retention/SERO plan does not cover them.

I may not have relayed all of the information properly, so feel free to ask questions and I will answer.
    The part in bold is not true there is a $30 add on that is exactly the same as what is on the everything plans.

Your point isn't valid. It obviously shows that you don't know what you're talking about.
    I have SprintTV installed as well. When I try to use it, it says the same thing as when I try to use SprintNav - IF you use this it will start a monthly recurring charge.

I have never heard of sprint radio, nor have I heard it has anything to do with the Pre.

The bottom line is, their apps are able to sense whether they are paid for or not on the plan you are on, so they are full of crap saying you need to upgrade plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    The part in bold is not true there is a $30 add on that is exactly the same as what is on the everything plans.
    which is what i am planning on doing with my old plan

Not arguing with your original point (I wouldn't be surprised at all for Sprint to not allow Pre on SERO)... but Sprint TV works fine on my Centro with SERO. I can watch the free channels (including NFL Network). If I try to watch a premium channel I get prompted to buy for $9.99/month.

I have a SERO plan and have access to everything that you are mentioning except the NAV package for which I would have to add $10/month. But my car already has a GPS, and with Google Maps on my Treo Pro, I don't need the Sprint program.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    What plan did you get?
    I went with the Everything Data Family with 3000 minutes and one extra line (3 total). I should be just under $140 with tax and right now I am just under $150 with tax.

My main motivation for switching was not the fear of not being able to activate a Pre (I'm 99.9% sure my business rep could get it done like he has for me every other time) but I want to be able to use Sprint Navigation because it does not look Garmin XT will be working on the Pre for a while.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I went with the Everything Data Family with 3000 minutes and one extra line (3 total). I should be just under $140 with tax and right now I am just under $150 with tax.

My main motivation for switching was not the fear of not being able to activate a Pre (I'm 99.9% sure my business rep could get it done like he has for me every other time) but I want to be able to use Sprint Navigation because it does not look Garmin XT will be working on the Pre for a while.
    I'm on a family Free & Clear plan and want to basically do what you did so I can get in on some Pre. So how would I go about that? Just tell them I'll switch to AT&T for iphones if they don't do this for me?
    I don't mind paying for everything data on one of my 4 lines, but I'll be d***ed if I'm going to pay for data on all four of the lines on my shared business plan. We'll see how much retentions is willing to work with me, but I won't be getting a Pre if it's going to drastically increase my monthly costs. But I've been with Sprint since 1997, so hopefully they want to keep me.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I don't mind paying for everything data on one of my 4 lines, but I'll be d***ed if I'm going to pay for data on all four of the lines on my shared business plan. We'll see how much retentions is willing to work with me, but I won't be getting a Pre if it's going to drastically increase my monthly costs. But I've been with Sprint since 1997, so hopefully they want to keep me.
    I bet you can have two different plans. Reduce the minutes on the plan for the phones that don't require data, and get an Everything Data plan on the one that does.
    Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, Sprint Radio?

Do not want.
    What's up with the cheapest unlimited data family plan starting at 1500 minutes. I have a 550 minute plan (w/ Sprint Data Plus Pack on both lines) that I share with my wife now and we never go over our minutes. I don't need that many minutes and I don't want to pay what will turn out to be $50 more for minutes I'm not going to use. I never use nav and I have the option to pay extra for it. SprintTV is okay, but I could easily skip it. And who needs sprint radio when we'll have pandora?

If they don't work with us here, I will definitely move to AT&T, bundle my bill with my uverse and get the 129 two iphone plan. It's less minutes, but I don't care about minutes.

I agree with previous post but the computer code will be locked to Sprint's new requirements
    Just like the Instinct
    Reason being that the original Vision, Power Vision and BIS packs DO NOT include Sprint NAV (BB does), Sprint TV or Radio.
    Hmmm...I have the same Power Vision I've been using for years and all 3 work for me on my Pro. I don't use Sprint NAV since I have TomTom (used it a few times). But Sprint TV and Radio work just fine. They might be blocking it for the Pre.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post

Do not want.
    Sprint Doesn't Care....
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post

Do not want.
    Does not matter.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast