Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    It was a good run for SERO. I am going to give my plan to my mom...who has no idea what texting or mobile internet is...and give her a centro.

70 bucks isnt that bad...and you get it for 60/month pretty easily with the "new SERO".
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, Sprint Radio?

Do not want.
    My current minutes are available 24 hours a day. I don't need it between 2am and 7am. I want a discount!!
    Yea, I knew I'd have to give up SERO. I guess I'll just wait till after the release to try to negotiate if I still want to. I don't have the ability to upgrade for the 2-yr price till Sept 1.
    05/19/2009 07:40:09PM me: "can you confirm that the palm pre will be able to be activated on my SERO account?"

05/19/2009 07:40:27PM Agent (Ebony H.): "Thank you. One moment please while I check on that for you."
    05/19/2009 07:40:33PM me: "thank you"

05/19/2009 07:43:04PM Agent (Ebony H.): "Thank you for your patience."

05/19/2009 07:43:32PM Agent (Ebony H.): "I do show that you will be able to keep your current plan with the Palm Pre."

05/19/2009 07:44:18PM me: "thank you, can you put another note on my account stating that I can keep my SERO plan when I purchase a Palm Pre."

05/19/2009 07:44:52PM Agent (Ebony H.): "Sure, no problem."

05/19/2009 07:44:56PM me: "thank you"

05/19/2009 07:45:14PM Agent (Ebony H.): "Do you have any further questions or concerns that I may assist you with today?"

05/19/2009 07:45:35PM me: "I saw a post online stating that I would have to change my plan..."

05/19/2009 07:45:56PM me: "Can you tell me if this is from Sprint..."

05/19/2009 07:45:59PM me: "http://twitter.com/sprint/status/1847219559"

05/19/2009 07:46:25PM Agent (Ebony H.): "One moment while I check on that for you."

05/19/2009 07:46:32PM me: "thank you"

05/19/2009 07:49:04PM Agent (Ebony H.): "Thank you for your patience. I am still researching this issue."

05/19/2009 07:52:25PM Agent (Ebony H.): "I have viewed the page you sent me. I am still verifying if this information is correct. Thank you for your patience."

05/19/2009 07:55:35PM Agent (Ebony H.): "After further review, I am showing that an Everything Data plan or an individual Simply Everything plan is needed for the Palm Pre."

05/19/2009 07:58:25PM Agent (Ebony H.): "I apologize for the inconvenience, but I am providing this information from a documented source. This document indicates that one of the Everything Data plans is required in order to activate the Pre."
    So at first she said it wasn't required and then said it was?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    The part in bold is not true there is a $30 add on that is exactly the same as what is on the everything plans.
    Really a $30 plan that gives you SprintTV, Sprint Radio, Sprint Nav, Unlimited text messaging. Last I checked SprintNav was a separate $10 item on all Power Vision plans.

Perhaps if they receive enough complaints they will create a compatible $40 add-on.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    I must have fallen asleep. The last time I looked at the plans, there were 3 different ones that would go with the Pre. 450 minutes, 900 minutes and unlimited. I was ok with the 450 minutes because the cost would be about the same a I pay now, however, I just looked and the only plan that is listed now if the unlimited everything plan for $99.99 per month. That is way more than I was expecting. When did they get rid of the 450 and 900 minutes?
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I must have fallen asleep. The last time I looked at the plans, there were 3 different ones that would go with the Pre. 450 minutes, 900 minutes and unlimited. I was ok with the 450 minutes because the cost would be about the same a I pay now, however, I just looked and the only plan that is listed now if the unlimited everything plan for $99.99 per month. That is way more than I was expecting. When did they get rid of the 450 and 900 minutes?
    They didn't get rid of them. They're there and they'll work with a PRE.
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    You can get any of the Everything data plans (450 or 900) or the unlimited $99 plan. If you need a share plan you can get unlimited for $189 or Everything (1500 or 3000). Those are the only plans that will work for the Pre unless you can somehow get them to add what ever they need to your existing sero plan.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Have you tried Sprint TV? How about Sprint Radio? Yeah... I didn't think so....

Your point isn't valid. It obviously shows that you don't know what you're talking about.
    I'm glad the others have chimed in as it was clear you didn't know what you were talking about. I think you owe the recipient of the above an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I have SprintTV installed as well. When I try to use it, it says the same thing as when I try to use SprintNav - IF you use this it will start a monthly recurring charge.

I have never heard of sprint radio, nor have I heard it has anything to do with the Pre.

The bottom line is, their apps are able to sense whether they are paid for or not on the plan you are on, so they are full of crap saying you need to upgrade plans.
    That's exactly how they should be handling this.

Sprint and Palm have mucked this release about as poorly as I could have imagined which is exactly what I should have expected. Low quantities at launch, releasing two days before iPhone at WWDC, requiring a plan change for existing non-Everything customers and spending little to nothing on marketing sounds like an excellent way to launch a dud. I only hope there's a rebellion on the board that results in the firing of Hesse and the continued incompetence he represents.

It's sad when an informal office poll I conducted today resulted in the following:

- Not even with a $30 plan with data would I join Sprint
    - There's a new iPhone coming out right? I'm waiting for that and their cheaper data plan.
    - Palm isn't dead yet? Yeah, I wouldn't buy a Palm.
    - Palm will be bankrupt before the end of the year.
    - What's a Pre?

Analysts are saying the same. The market for the Pre is existing Sprint customers. What a let down. Good luck Sprint, we'll see you next summer with the next 'iPhone killer'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I'm glad the others have chimed in as it was clear you didn't know what you were talking about. I think you owe the recipient of the above an apology.

That's exactly how they should be handling this.

Sprint and Palm have mucked this release about as poorly as I could have imagined which is exactly what I should have expected. Low quantities at launch, releasing two days before iPhone at WWDC, requiring a plan change for existing non-Everything customers and spending little to nothing on marketing sounds like an excellent way to launch a dud. I only hope there's a rebellion on the board that results in the firing of Hesse and the continued incompetence he represents.

It's sad when an informal office poll I conducted today resulted in the following:

- Not even with a $30 plan with data would I join Sprint
    - There's a new iPhone coming out right? I'm waiting for that and their cheaper data plan.
    - Palm isn't dead yet? Yeah, I wouldn't buy a Palm.
    - Palm will be bankrupt before the end of the year.
    - What's a Pre?

Analysts are saying the same. The market for the Pre is existing Sprint customers. What a let down. Good luck Sprint, we'll see you next summer with the next 'iPhone killer'.
    Around my office, when I told them about June 6th they were excited and are now looking foward to getting Pre's. I know people who will be giving up iPhones and BB's for it. Everyone is different.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Around my office, when I told them about June 6th they were excited and are now looking foward to getting Pre's. I know people who will be giving up iPhones and BB's for it. Everyone is different.
    I heard a lot of apologists saying the same when the Extinct came out last summer. How it was breaking sales figures, getting sold out, worthy competitor to the iPhone, etc. Let's see how things look 3 months from now. My guess is Palm doesn't make it in its current form another 6 months. Even if it wasn't a dude with 30,000 units at launch this has release been utterly blown.
    I heard a lot of apologists saying the same when the Extinct came out last summer. How it was breaking sales figures, getting sold out, worthy competitor to the iPhone, etc. Let's see how things look 3 months from now. My guess is Palm doesn't make it in its current form another 6 months. Even if it wasn't a dude with 30,000 units at launch this has release been utterly blown.
    I hope your wrong for Palm's sake but it could very well happen. Too much crap and not enough good. The Centro should have come out instead of the 700p and 755p, the Pro instead of the 700w,wx,800w. The Pre might be too little too late.

I hope your wrong for Palm's sake but it could very well happen. Too much crap and not enough good. The Centro should have come out instead of the 700p and 755p, the Pro instead of the 700w,wx,800w. The Pre might be too little too late.
    Believe me I'm bummed for them but with all the things covered in the above plus the typical hardware (think what we've seen w/ the Centro and Treo Pro) and software issues (whole new OS that will need tinkering aside from needing Flash, etc). It's time to start shorting some stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Sprint Doesn't Care....
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Does not matter.
    Yes, you're both right. All that matters is unlimited data/text/mobile-to-mobile/nights/weekends. Which I have on SERO. And Sprint doesn't care whether or not I see through their feigned user experience concern to the revenue equation at the heart of the argument articulated by the rep spoken to by the OP.

It would be OK for Sprint to say "hey look, you're not making us enough money so pay up if you want the shiny new phone" - as that is effectively what they intend. Couching this in some BS language about old plans not including licenses to use TV and Nav is farcical, bordering on insulting.

Sprint TV/Radio/Nav are walled-garden shovelware nobody wants or needs, like the "hundreds of dollars worth" of bundled software that comes "free" with any PC. I already have slingplayer, mobitv, google maps, and shoutcast streams on my Centro - I've had all these things since I was using a Treo 650. Never needed any extra branded add-ons from Sprint for any of them, which is the crux of Sprint's problem - bits are bits and their premium content isn't.
    This is funny. And to think, all that needed to do was give you everything you wanted, and all would be well...
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Never needed any extra branded add-ons from Sprint for any of them, which is the crux of Sprint's problem - bits are bits and their premium content isn't.
    Ah, but EVERY company does that. TV,Internet,Utilities, etc. Trying to squeeze every bit of money from the consumer as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This is funny. And to think, all that needed to do was give you everything you wanted, and all would be well...
    Haha, again, trying to refute others by saying its 'what I want'. Again, I suggest you quit projecting things onto others. You probably would have done better in life learning this earlier rather than having to hear this on message forums.
    Ah, but EVERY company does that. TV,Internet,Utilities, etc. Trying to squeeze every bit of money from the consumer as possible.
    Cable and utility services have pricing regulations. The cell phone industry and particularly data plans are pretty unregulated at this point as the pricing models are new enough that modeling doesn't quite work for it and therefore the regulations been giving them more room on it. Sprint's taken an odd approach to all of this as they went for low end pricing and are now attempting to move up their customers to higher tiered plans. The Pre can try and be that flagship but without enough on hand and backing them with a marketing campaign, this is looking to be a pretty sad release. Any phone can sell out 30,000 units, let's see where the buzz goes after the new iPhone and add'l Android phones release.
    Haha, again, trying to refute others by saying its 'what I want'. Again, I suggest you quit projecting things onto others. You probably would have done better in life learning this earlier rather than having to hear this on message forums.
    Nah, just able to focus on what you're saying:

Sprint and Palm have mucked this release about as poorly as I could have imagined which is exactly what I should have expected.
    It's just your imagination, running away with you...

I'll send you a free ringtone in six months
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast