Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    seeing as this phone is really banking on messaging capabilities, I think they should offer data only plans with no minutes or data only and then a per minute charge

or

I would like to buy the phone and use it on wifi only. I have a 500 minute plan with sprint now and I only used 41 minutes last month. I do everything txt, email, and im(chatopus on treo)
    [QUOTE=quipper8;1606632]seeing as this phone is really banking on messaging capabilities, I think they should offer data only plans with no minutes or data only and then a per minute charge

or

I would like to buy the phone and use it on wifi only. I have a 500 minute plan with sprint now and I only used 41 minutes last month. I do everything txt, email, and im(chatopus on treo)[/QUOT

Ahhhh nooooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
    seeing as this phone is really banking on messaging capabilities, I think they should offer data only plans with no minutes or data only and then a per minute charge

or

I would like to buy the phone and use it on wifi only. I have a 500 minute plan with sprint now and I only used 41 minutes last month. I do everything txt, email, and im(chatopus on treo)
    Uh last time I checked, txt works on cellular not wifi. So it ain't gonna happen.

Buying a Pre just to use it for wifi is like buying a a pickup and doing dry cleaning errands only. Just get an ipod touch or a netbook or an MID!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    well, I want to try this webos, but maybe I will just wait until they have it on a MID. I already have a nokia n810. I will probably just get rid of my cell phone and plan.

You can do sms through google voice, skype, and some other providers, though I only use sms as a last resort. I prefer either skype chat, or xmpp