Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I'm entitled! I'm entitled!!
    It's this decade's motto.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblewobble View Post
    I get the message gregms gets right after I click Upgrade Phone. I don't even get to a point to see new phones.
    What I did was go to the Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program website, enter in the following:
    Email: russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com
    3 digit code: 383

Then if I go back to my sprint account and click "Upgrade this phone" (right above You are eligible to save $150), instead of not being able to continue, I can see the different phones. Realistically this is the exact same site as if I would have just went to the everythingplus website and choice to upgrade my phone, but it is interesting to see different options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I am sure sprint is shedding a tear or two to those folks who will not be getting the Pre if they can not keep their current plan.

/sarcasm
    Maybe not, but I would think Palm would like more people to buy the phone. And remember, the more people that buy it, the more likely that Palm will still be around in a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by gregms View Post
    Maybe not, but I would think Palm would like more people to buy the phone. And remember, the more people that buy it, the more likely that Palm will still be around in a year.
    I'm sure that Palm would like Sprint to do whatever it takes to get the phone into as many people's hands as possible (including giving away the service plans). However Sprint is not in the business of getting people into Palm phones, they are in the business of selling service plans at a profit. The Pre, a Palm phone, is just a means to that end.
    you may want to remove the email and 3 digit code if you want it to work for you later (Sprint will probably ban it)
    Quote Originally Posted by treolead View Post
    you may want to remove the email and 3 digit code if you want it to work for you later (Sprint will probably ban it)
    Russ McGuire posted in his blog last year, and it hasn't been banned yet:

McGuire’s Law » Blog Archive » Psst - Have you Heard about Everything Plus?
    Funny you should mention that. I got it from Sprint's vice president of corporate strategy from his own website (as weeblewobble just posted): McGuire’s Law » Blog Archive » Psst - Have you Heard about Everything Plus?

Guess he thought the strategy of giving certain customers a little bit extra was a good move for Sprint. But what do I (or he) know. As other people pointed out, it hasn't helped a good number of Sprint customers stay
    Even though I wanted the Pre, I might end up doing this...

Not the biggest WM fan, but I can deal with it, and with 6.5 able to put on it by the time it launches hopefully, I think it will be a SOLID device. May not be exactly like the Pre, but it will more then get the job done, AND I can still keep SERO. Having the phone while keeping the plan beats the Pre hands down. I can still get a sexy phone and not pay more for it.

And since the T2 takes a MicroSD, the memory is expandable over the Pre. Pre does have 7GB, but i've seen 8GB Micros for $18, and even 16GB around $52

http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-touch-pro-2-spotted

HTC - Products - HTC Touch Pro2 - Specification
    Last edited by quickstang; 05/20/2009 at 09:49 AM.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Even though I wanted the Pre, I might end up doing this...

Not the biggest WM fan, but I can deal with it, and with 6.5 able to put on it by the time it launches hopefully, I think it will be a SOLID device. May not be exactly like the Pre, but it will more then get the job done, AND I can still keep SERO. Having the phone while keeping the plan beats the Pre hands down. I can still get a sexy phone and not pay more for it.

http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-touch-pro-2-spotted

HTC - Products - HTC Touch Pro2 - Specification
    That is what I will be doing...the pre may be a fantastic device but there is a point where the "newness" will wear off and when that point comes I want my bill to be $30 and not $60-70...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    That is what I will be doing...the pre may be a fantastic device but there is a point where the "newness" will wear off and when that point comes I want my bill to be $30 and not $60-70...
    True. I see no point in paying double for the newness. I'm sure i'd love the device, and wouldn't put it down for weeks, maybe even months. Then it would be just another sweet phone, but when i'd get my bill every month i'd go...Damn, can't believe I spent the extra money for just the phone. Like I said, i'm not getting any extra minutes, or anything really for the other plan. I'm paying more for the same thing. Why would I do that? Just to get a new phone? No way. If i'm going to pay more, I better get more service wise. And this just isn't the case. The only addition I dont have is the GPS and TV. Dont use the TV, so dont need it. GPS may be nice, but its not worth $26.99 to a $59.99 jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    Yes, adding Blackberry services to your plan is an extra $30 and it is required to activate a Blackberry on your account.
    Where is this at? I did the ERP website, chose a plan and phone and it didn't give me an option to select that anywhere on the steps. The only option was to select an option for corporate e-mail if you wanted to. It says when you select a plan that..

Everything Plus™ Referral Program

Everything your phone can do — chirp, text, surf, watch, email, listen, find and, of course, talk — on one simple plan.
    This plan includes

* Data: Web surfing, email, GPS Navigation, Sprint Music Premier, Sprint TV Premier, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS)
    * Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
    * Talk: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling starting at 7 p.m. and weekends, domestic long distance and no roaming charges

I then went to the checkout section and that was it. Never placed an order, but wanted to see if there was the $30 like you said, and I couldn't find it.
    Where is this at? I did the ERP website, chose a plan and phone and it didn't give me an option to select that anywhere on the steps.
    The standard Blackberry web service is included on the everything plans. Though it does cost more if your a corporate customer needing the Exchange service.

If your a customer with a standard plan, they charge the $30 more for what they call the 'Pro Pack' or ' BlackBerry Personal Pack'. When I try to upgrade to a Treo Pro (or Blackberry phone), I get a message saying that "You may need to change your plan" and below is the website where they talk about the plans (note the Instinct is a different page):
    About plans for this phone
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I then went to the checkout section and that was it. Never placed an order, but wanted to see if there was the $30 like you said, and I couldn't find it.
    I think he meant that for the old $30 SERO. So to use Blackberry BIS on the old SERO, have to double your monthly cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    I think he meant that for the old $30 SERO. So to use Blackberry BIS on the old SERO, have to double your monthly cost.
    That might be the case. I'm not sure what the old SERO said as far as that. I do recall though that one time I think a Sprint CSR told me I could get one and it would still be the same price.

But since there is no new Blackberry for release at the moment that is out of the question.

My guess is i'm going to settle on a Touch Pro2 unless something else surfaces in that time that will be just as good. I'm sure we'll know in another few weeks what is coming out for Sprint. June is approaching quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I am sure sprint is shedding a tear or two to those folks who will not be getting the Pre if they can not keep their current plan.
    Knowing Sprint they will be shedding a tear and then quietly relenting. they have 100 times before.

Don't confuse this with SERO issue, this is not about the minority on SERO or the minority that will be on everything plans, but the majority who are on other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
    Well even if they do require an Everything plan, it won't last long.

The Everything plan would only be a requirement because Sprint knows people want this phone, and we have no other place to get it at this point.

The WinMo phones are a different story. All the major carriers have those. That's why Sprint doesn't require an Everything plan on those phones... people would just go to a different carrier.

Once Sprint's exclusivity is up, the Everything requirement will end (if it's even there now).
    I agree with this.
    Do you understand SERO and the referral are intentional viral marketing? They never lifted a finger against their own executives posting sero and referal methods publically -- and they wouldn't since the intent is to get people to sing with these programs, not to hide them
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345