Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Interesting, I was told over and over (by Sprint) that you cannot have an employee discount (27% in my case) added to a SERO plan. In fact, I still have the email from eCare stating this fact.

How did you pull it off?
    Couldnt tell you. It was just there. I was like...hmmm. Never mentioned anything. I assume it was their fault.

"Wouldn't adding a Blackberry plan add an additional $30 to your plan?"

Not sure Ya Boi D. I have heard that it is all included, but then again I may be wrong. I'd have to ask people who are on SERO and have them if they pay in addition to the SERO, or if the BIS and all of that is included.

And with the CSR people at Sprint, I wouldn't trust them. You'll probably get 2 different answers multiple times. The only thing I can suggest is to WAIT until it is time to purchase, and then go from there. If it works, SWEET. If not, look for option 2. The only way to know is if a big wig somewhere states, or you try it when it comes out. I am sure with-in a few hours of its release, someone will have tried it, and we will know nay or yay.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    I pay about $60/month or so for unlimited data (I use a ton) and 1,000 minutes which I generally use up, and have only once or twice gone over in about two years. There's no way I'm going to shell out another $40 (or 66% more) which will undoubtedly go to waste just to have the Pre. I hope this policy changes soon. I'm also hoping that business/government accounts have more options.
    You don't need the $99 plan... you can get a $69.99 plan, although it will reduce your minutes by half. Your call really...
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    You don't need the $99 plan... you can get a $69.99 plan, although it will reduce your minutes by half. Your call really...
    Reduce my minutes in half? For what??? No thanks, Sprint, that sucks!
    Yes, adding Blackberry services to your plan is an extra $30 and it is required to activate a Blackberry on your account.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    people on SERO plans, does your plan specifically say something about SERO or employee referral?

i'm on the 1250 sero and my invoice/plan only says Fair and Flexible 1250. nothing about sero anywhere.

i wonder if this possible could help me.

my plan says i have unlimited data and on the add-ons i have "EVDO casual". anyone know what thats about?
    Quote Originally Posted by frank828 View Post
    people on SERO plans, does your plan specifically say something about SERO or employee referral?

i'm on the 1250 sero and my invoice/plan only says Fair and Flexible 1250. nothing about sero anywhere.

my plan says i have unlimited data and on the add-ons i have "EVDO casual". anyone know what thats about?
    Under the "Plan Details" link on the Sprint site it has "SERO F&F 500" listed above all the specifics. And under "Add-Ons" it also has "Sprint EMP Referral FF 500"
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    interesting

i think when i contacted sprint a couple times and had things changed to my account(7pm n/w, unlt text, airave), they might have had to change my account to one of the normal plans and then added on everything else as free add-ons.

nowhere on my plan does it say anything about SERO.

mine just says: Sprint Wireless Adv F&F 500

My total is $20/month. I don't see anywhere on there saying anything about SERO or employee referral. It just appear to be a heavily discounted normal plan. Maybe we'll be in luck?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    mine just says: Sprint Wireless Adv F&F 500

My total is $20/month. I don't see anywhere on there saying anything about SERO or employee referral. It just appear to be a heavily discounted normal plan. Maybe we'll be in luck?
    I think (from all the speculations) you can only get the Pre if you have the SEP or EP...if not then you need one.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

After doing a little more poking around...I think I'm officially on an employee account somehow.
    This is the message I get when clicking the Upgrade Phone link when logged into my account:

This account has been identified as Sprint Wireless Advantage Club account, which is entitled to special Sprint employee program discounts that are not supported on this website. In order to take advantage of your entitled savings, the Sprint employee sponsoring this Advantage Club account should perform this upgrade through the Advantage Club online store via the Sprint i-Connect intranet site or visit a Sprint campus retail store on either the Overland Park or Reston campus.
    Anybody else on this? Or at least heard of it?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    This just posted on precentral.net

http://www.precentral.net/sprint-no-sero-pre

It won't make the SERO plan users happy.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    Reduce my minutes in half? For what??? No thanks, Sprint, that sucks!
    Welcome to the new Sprint. Like a new phone? Then lose half your minutes, pay twice as much, or maybe even both.

With all the recent trending in company's focusing more on making their customers not just satisfied, but actual promoters, Sprint is failing miserably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Welcome to the new Sprint. Like a new phone? Then lose half your minutes, pay twice as much, or maybe even both.

With all the recent trending in company's focusing more on making their customers not just satisfied, but actual promoters, Sprint is failing miserably.
    It's that or jump to a competitor, lose minutes AND services and pay MORE than twice as much. Why is Sprint so greedy and intent on ripping you off?
    After doing a little more poking around...I think I'm officially on an employee account somehow.
    This is the message I get when clicking the Upgrade Phone link when logged into my account:
    When I log in to my sprint account and click to upgrade, I get this message:
    "We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order."

Though if I enter an employee name/id on that website, am able to use the $150 to upgrade my phone through their everythingplus store.

My phone details doesn't mention anything about SERO, but it does says "Sprint Fair & Flex", "Sprint Casual Data" and "Sprint EMP Referral FF 500".
    I'm on a very similar plan. This is different then the SERO plan that most people are on, correct? Maybe we still have some hope? I'm going to try to get in touch with an online representative to see what they have to say.

Sprint Wireless Adv F&F 500
    Sprint Fair & Flex
    Caller ID
    Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    $20.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    Voicemail
    Nationwide Long Distance Incl
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Incl
    Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    Unlimited SMS/MMS
    Unlimited Data
    Monthly charge for service plan $20.00
    I have heard people with SWAC plans will be able to put the pre on.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdtopcop View Post
    I have heard people with SWAC plans will be able to put the pre on.
    Where did you hear this from? That would be great! All along I assumed I was on the same SERO plan as everyone else, just discounted a little more. I didn't realize that I was in something called the Sprint Wireless Advantage Club.

I'm thinking this plan is for people that are friends and family associated with the corporate sprint as opposed to your local sprint store. It says you must enter in the Overland Park, KS location or the Reston, VA locations which I believe are the corporate HQ. Am I just lucky that a friend of mine works for the Sprint in Reston or is this more common than I think?
    Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    That "strongly recommended" makes me think that my grandfathered Fair and Flexible +$15 unlimited internet +$5 300 texts (I don't need unlimited texts!) will work. We shall see...
    I have the very old free and clear plans since ive been with sprint since 1999. I cant see them making me switch. I wouldnt do that. Anytime I have upgraded a phone, I just buy it off ebay and call it in with a 30 second esn swap. I think this will work here. Do u?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregms View Post
    When I log in to my sprint account and click to upgrade, I get this message:
    "We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order."

Though if I enter an employee name/id on that website, am able to use the $150 to upgrade my phone through their everythingplus store.

My phone details doesn't mention anything about SERO, but it does says "Sprint Fair & Flex", "Sprint Casual Data" and "Sprint EMP Referral FF 500".
    at what point does it say you cant upgrade without calling?

i've gone pretty far into that upgrade system(without completing, obviously) and never got any message of the sort.

hmm maybe i lucked out cuz i have nothing anywhere about a referral or anything.
    at what point does it say you cant upgrade without calling?

i've gone pretty far into that upgrade system(without completing, obviously) and never got any message of the sort.

hmm maybe i lucked out cuz i have nothing anywhere about a referral or anything.
    I get the message gregms gets right after I click Upgrade Phone. I don't even get to a point to see new phones.
    I am sure sprint is shedding a tear or two to those folks who will not be getting the Pre if they can not keep their current plan.

/sarcasm
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast