Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You remember the Instinct?

Just like that.
    Someone else from Engadget Forums:

mark @ May 19th 2009 11:16AM
    05/15/2009 11:02:37AM Agent (Jordache): "You have another question?"

05/15/2009 11:03:03AM Mark: "do you know if there will be a requirement for me to change plans when I buy the Palm Pre when it comes out next month"

05/15/2009 11:03:56AM Agent (Jordache): "No, Mark, you would not require a plan change."

05/15/2009 11:04:56AM Mark: "I know that for the Samsung Instinct, i was unable to get it, because it DID require a plan change. You are certain that I will not have to for the Palm Pre?"

05/15/2009 11:05:18AM Agent (Jordache): "I am positive, Mark."

05/15/2009 11:05:36AM Agent (Jordache): "I will even note your account, not to change your plan."

05/15/2009 11:06:08AM Mark: "can you put a note on there saying that i do not require plan change for the Palm Pre?"

05/15/2009 11:06:15AM Mark: "That would be great"

05/15/2009 11:07:29AM Agent (Jordache): "I have dually noted your account, Mark."

05/15/2009 11:07:49AM Mark: "thank you for your help"

05/15/2009 11:08:04AM Agent (Jordache): "You are quite welcome."
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Well even if they do require an Everything plan, it won't last long.

The Everything plan would only be a requirement because Sprint knows people want this phone, and we have no other place to get it at this point.

The WinMo phones are a different story. All the major carriers have those. That's why Sprint doesn't require an Everything plan on those phones... people would just go to a different carrier.

Once Sprint's exclusivity is up, the Everything requirement will end (if it's even there now).
    >++++++++++[<+++++++>-]<.>+++[<+++++>-]<.>+++[<------>-]<.>++[<++++>-]<.>++++++[<------->-]<-.>+++++++[<++++++++>-]<+.>++[<----->-]<.>++[<+++>-]<.>++++[<------------->-]<..
    Quote Originally Posted by gregms View Post
    I got a 21% discount on my two Sero plans when I signed up 2 years ago. Last month, I dropped my $4 insurance on both plans (which would drop my bill below $60). On the next months bill, I notice I was actually paying a few dollars more. I checked and my discount was gone.

I called Sprint and the rep couldn't understand why I no longer had the discount. She discounted my account and put in the paperwork to get the discount back on. A few hours later, I received an e-mail (from Baker S) saying it couldn't be added on because I'm on a SERO plan.

Apparently, it is either not wise to make changes to your plan, or keep it at a certain cost level. This was the first time I had made any changes in the 2 years I've had it.
    I cant tell you how mine happened. Didnt ask, and didnt even know it was going to be on there. Just saw it one day and it has been like that ever since. So I try not to change anything at all except the phone. And when the 800w was a brick, I took it back (got it the day it came out) and have had the 700p ever since. I'm way over do for a new phone, but now I have to see what I can get. I think the waiting game is back on. I have waited almost a year from when I got the 800w and returned it, plus the time I have had the 700p before that. So maybe what, 3yrs with this phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Any company that holds a customer hostage through trying to double their current service plans with new devices is simply anti-consumer. It's anti-consumer behavior that they need to be called out for.

I'm not saying SERO is singled out, you need to get off the sero-hating bandwagon and smell what Sprint is dishing to almost all their old and loyal customers on a myriad of plans.
    First of all, you need to reread my posts. I don't hate SERO plans (I'm on a special plan myself). What I do find distasteful are folks that were getting a special plan, that now cry foul, and behave as if they're being mistreated because they won't get that special plan for perpetuity. If you fit that category, I still don't "hate" you, just find your behavior off kilter.

They're not "giving you the finger" (if they do this). They're saying, you had a great deal, but that deal doesn't apply to the new phone. We're still going to offer you a good deal.

You're only hostage to your own internal angst.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I love the people posting logs from customer service reps. Those guys generally don't know anything, and will say whatever you want to hear to get you off the line as fast as possible - that way, they get good scores and low service times.

IMHO, we're only going to know what's going down on June 6. Like I said, as an old non-SERO plan customer, I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Sprint Employee Referral Fair and Flexible - 500 Anytime Minutes Included $30.00
    Employee Discount Sprint 23% -$6.90
    Sprint Casual Data $0.00
    Picture Mail - Picture Mail $0.00
    23+ Month RLOF Eligibility $0.00
    SMS Text Messaging - Unlimited Text Messaging $0.00
    Interesting, I was told over and over (by Sprint) that you cannot have an employee discount (27% in my case) added to a SERO plan. In fact, I still have the email from eCare stating this fact.

How did you pull it off?
    Really what bothers me the most about this is the anti-consumer policy that can very realistically hurt Palm while they are already on their knees. Palm can't be happy about this, and I bet they can't wait to release on other carriers.

I just hope Sprint's policies bruising WebOS right out of the gate don't cripple it and keep it in a niche market forever, which is now a very good possibility.

Plan enforcement aside, the bottom line is less people will get the Pre at launch than otherwise would - and that's not good when you are trying to launch an entirely new platform.

The Palm Pre and WebOS just became more of a risk for early adopters.
    Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post
    I love the people posting logs from customer service reps. Those guys generally don't know anything, and will say whatever you want to hear to get you off the line as fast as possible - that way, they get good scores and low service times.

IMHO, we're only going to know what's going down on June 6. Like I said, as an old non-SERO plan customer, I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst.
    You're right. I just spoke to one of the online service reps and they told me anything to deal with SERO plans or any employee referral plans has to be discussed over the phone with customer service. This just shows how inconsistent the online chat is.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    If you have a SERO and you have access to the new ERP site (I do) then you will see that any new PDA phone upgrade on SERO is available, only that you don't qualify for the $100 rebate. So it might be that this is the case with the Pre as well. However, they are specifically mentioning plans (EP and BE) with this phone so it might be an Instinct-type case.

I guess we won't know until June 6th or if Sprint officially confirms this before that date (not thru a 1-to-1 CSR call or chat).
    Maybe this is old news (I've laid off this forum for a bit since it was mostly all speculation and junk posts joking about the release, etc,) but I spoke with a Sprint Pre "advocate" who is a close friend's cousin. To be clear, I spoke with him myself, this is first-hand info. He said that the Pre will require an unlimited plan. If true I guess I won't be getting one until that changes. I pay about half what those cost right now (with my government/education discount.) Anyone hear the same thing? Bummer.

Now the real decision: I bought PALM stock at $3.50...do I sell now???
  12.    #52  
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    My Bad. FWIW, I did search for "Plan" in titles and it came up with nothing.
    Once again I can't see why someone would not get a data plan on a web/data-centric device.
    I pay about $60/month or so for unlimited data (I use a ton) and 1,000 minutes which I generally use up, and have only once or twice gone over in about two years. There's no way I'm going to shell out another $40 (or 66% more) which will undoubtedly go to waste just to have the Pre. I hope this policy changes soon. I'm also hoping that business/government accounts have more options.
  16. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Yeah, I took the insurance off cause I figured the $7 a month plus the $50 wasn't worth it if I lost the 700p. I'd be able to find one for that much after you take all the $7/month and add it up.

Mines under my name, and I am on no contract. Free to go whenever. So when you think about a new 2yr, not that big of a deal if I can keep the plan. But to sign, and then dish out another $36 a month to have the Pre...Huh uh.

I'd be Paying more in just EXTRA costs to get a newer plan then I pay currently for the plan itself. It's a no brainer for me. And man did I want the Pre.

For me its not a big deal. Another cool phone will come along, do just what I want it to do, and I can keep my plan. I'd rather save money, then to spend extra for what?? A few handy features? A new Blackberry i'm sure, or new HTC will do just fine.

My biggest thing is that some programs on my 700p I love, and will miss them tons. Like Butler...I use it non-stop. Diet Assistant to track foods, and a few others.

Just means i'll have to find similar programs for a new phone, and get used to a new phone. Never used a Blackberry, but have used a WM phone for 30 days.
    Wouldn't adding a Blackberry plan add an additional $30 to your plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Once again I can't see why someone would not get a data plan on a web/data-centric device.
    Who said I don't have a data plan???? I have unlimited data (which I love and use all the time) and 1,000 minutes. I do not need more minutes. I certainly don't need unlimited minutes. I send about 200 texts/month. I don't need unlimited texts. I don't want/need to watch TV on my phone, nor do I want it to replace my Garmin GPS. So the unlimited plan is a complete waste of money for me. Or am I misunderstanding something...are we saying that my current plan (1,000 minutes and unlimited data) will take the Pre? If so, that runs against what the Pre Advocate told me.
    You need an Everything Data plan for the Pre. Those plans are the Everything Data 450 at $70, Everything Data 900 at $90, or the Simply Everything at $100.

Palm Pre Plan Choices Inside Sprint Now
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone View Post
    are we saying that my current plan (1,000 minutes and unlimited data) will take the Pre? If so, that runs against what the Pre Advocate told me.
    From what I've heard, customer service reps are saying you just need unlimited data. Sprint's press release says they recommend a data plan, but to get the $100 rebate, you need one of the unlimited plans. So it sounds like just unlimited data could work.

Palm's website removed the 'recommended' wording to say they require a data pack (unsure which way this means).

One the other hand, Sprint's twitter account said SERO customers must get everything plan so I would assume that would apply to those customers currently on any other plan that's not the new unlimited plans. I think Sprint Insider said the same thing.

Right now, I'd say it's still up in the air on what will work in the end. But feel free to believe whichever group you wish in the mean time.
    So what do we think...will I be able to have the Pre on my 1,000 minutes/unlimited data plan? Again, that would contradict what the advocate said. I suppose the knowledge of these advocates, at least at this point, is definitely not the final nor correct word of Sprint and Palm.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast