Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hope in one hand....
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    there is this.... not sure if its an official sprint account though.

sprint (sprint) on Twitter
    If it is legit, that pretty much sums it up. Yet again, it depends on who it is, & what they really know for a fact.

If it is true, my thoughts are probably no pre, & wait for a new BB, or HTC device. I just dont see spending the extra $$ to what I do now, to be worth it for the phone. And especially for me since I dont personally use that many minutes. I'd be getting more minutes which I DONT need, and be paying more.

It kind of equates to... Pay $199 for the phone, be on a 2yr again, AND pay another $32 a month to have the phone (cause of a new plan) So that's another $768 in 2yrs just to have the phone (PLAN WISE) plus the $200 to get it.

When you do the math like that, it seems like a waste of $768 to just get the phone. And I know i'll never use the extra minutes either.

So it seems logical to wait for another phone unless something changes.

Sucks, cause I was looking forward to this phone too, and waited out the 700p just for this reason; for the next BEST Palm device. And now, it looks like I wont be getting it.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    That "strongly recommended" makes me think that my grandfathered Fair and Flexible +$15 unlimited internet +$5 300 texts (I don't need unlimited texts!) will work. We shall see...
    I'm in the same position as you, same plan and all. Kinda hoping they deal kindly with us, but I honestly doubt it. If I can't get a Pre, I'll probably wind up getting the successor to the Touch Pro, whenever that comes out, or their next WebOS phone (if it comes out sooner).
    What are you guys getting with your SERO plans? And what are your monthly fees?
    This page: Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA literally changed in the time I was looking at it (the last 15 minutes) from "use of an unlimited data plan is strongly recommended or additional charges may apply" to "Use of select unlimited data bundle plans will be required" highlighted in black.

Oh well, I was looking forward to getting a Pre, but it's not worth the extra plan costs for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    My bill last month was something like $33 for 450 anytime minutes, unlimited data and text. Night and weekends at 7pm I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    Sprint Employee Referral Fair and Flexible - 500 Anytime Minutes Included $30.00
    Employee Discount Sprint 23% -$6.90
    Sprint Casual Data $0.00
    Picture Mail - Picture Mail $0.00
    23+ Month RLOF Eligibility $0.00
    SMS Text Messaging - Unlimited Text Messaging $0.00

Sprint Surcharges $2.22
    Government Fees & Taxes $1.67

Total $26.99

If I switch, i'd be paying $59.99+ TAX. So my calculations above in my other post should be even higher. I'd be at about $63-$26.99

So about $36x24=$864 extra for 2yrs to have the phone.

It would be less if they still gave me the 23% off on top of the new ERP at $59.99. But still more then what I want to spend if I dont have to.
    goodbye pre. Well...Ill stock up on Centros from ebay
    Yeah it looks like they are giving us the finger. Guess sprint still doesn't care about NPS (Net promoter score).

Bye bye Pre, was a nice affair while it lasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by traviswvu View Post
    (the last 15 minutes) from "use of an unlimited data plan is strongly recommended or additional charges may apply" to "Use of select unlimited data bundle plans will be required" highlighted in black.
    I would like to know what they define as "select unlimited data bundle plans". Technically I have unlimited data through my Sero plan. A sprint rep had told me before I would be fine on my plan because I have unlimited data. Obviously the "bundle" wording is a sticking point. That does suck that they changed the wording as it does sound like people who want the Pre will be stuck upgrading like with the Instinct.
    FWIW, from a poster on Engadget

chrisrulesx @ May 19th 2009 11:01AM

According to the live chat with Sprint I just got done with, the Pre will only require a data plan, not one of the ones listed. So if you're fortunate enough to still be on SERO you should be able to keep your ridiculously cheap plan.

Chat Log:
    Me-I had a question about the Palm Pre, in particular the type of plan required with it
    Cynthia G-I would be happy to assist you with that issue.
    Cynthia G-the Palm Pre would require one of the data plans or a data pack on the account.
    Me-so if I renew my existing plan, i would be eligible for a phone, i.e. it requires a data plan but not a specific "everything" plan?
    Cynthia G-Yes, that is correct. It would require adding a data pack to an existing plan or changing to one of the Everything Data or Simply Everything plan.
    Me-so if I currently have unlimited data on my plan then that would meet the requirements?
    Cynthia G-Yes that is correct. Let me take a look at your current price plan.
    Cynthia G-Yes, if you have unlimited data, the Pre would work with your plan.
    was anyone really expecting that it will work on sero, I wasn't, I mean common guys, and for all you out there thalking about getting a Touch Pro 2 or some other device, you really have no clue if sprint will require you do have these new plans on all future phones.
    I dont know who is right, or who is wrong, but I think the only way we'll find out, is once it is out, and once someone comes on here and says...kept my SERO and have a new PRE.

dkoroic1...when I purchased the piece of crap 800w for the time I had it, they kept my SERO, gave me the instant rebate at Best Buy (they had to call cause I had SERO) and I was out the door with it for $199 at the time.

True we dont know if they will start this for every phone that comes out, but so far they haven't. I'm not sure if the HTC or Blackberry is their mother of all phones like the Pre and like Palm is with Sprint. Hard to say, but my guess is they wont require you to change with another device. If they DO, then they may just do it with all future smartphones and what not.

I hope they dont cause you would have 1,000s of people having to upgrade. And if that is the case, some could jump ship. The reason I dont go to another carrier is because of the deal I get. If it suddenly disappeared, i'd have many more options, and companies to work with.

Right now, I cant beat Sprint, and I hope to keep it that way too.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    Sprint Employee Referral Fair and Flexible - 500 Anytime Minutes Included $30.00
    Employee Discount Sprint 23% -$6.90
    Sprint Casual Data $0.00
    Picture Mail - Picture Mail $0.00
    23+ Month RLOF Eligibility $0.00
    SMS Text Messaging - Unlimited Text Messaging $0.00

Sprint Surcharges $2.22
    Government Fees & Taxes $1.67

Total $26.99

If I switch, i'd be paying $59.99+ TAX. So my calculations above in my other post should be even higher. I'd be at about $63-$26.99

So about $36x24=$864 extra for 2yrs to have the phone.

It would be less if they still gave me the 23% off on top of the new ERP at $59.99. But still more then what I want to spend if I dont have to.
    I'm on a very similar plan. This is different then the SERO plan that most people are on, correct? Maybe we still have some hope? I'm going to try to get in touch with an online representative to see what they have to say.

Sprint Wireless Adv F&F 500
    Sprint Fair & Flex
    Caller ID
    Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    $20.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    Voicemail
    Nationwide Long Distance Incl
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Incl
    Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    Unlimited SMS/MMS
    Unlimited Data
    Monthly charge for service plan $20.00
    Last edited by STEVESKI07; 05/19/2009 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    I'm on the same plan. This is different then the SERO plan that most people are on, correct? Maybe we still have some hope? I'm going to try to get in touch with an online representative to see what they have to say.
    Yeah, the only difference is that from a previous plan, they kept the 23% discount on from when a member of the family worked at a business who they gave a discount. Family share split, I was able to get my own line, and they still kept the 23% on there on top of the $30.

So you see why my options are limited. If I cant keep the same plan with a new phone, I wont get a new phone regardless of the phone. Until I have no other options, and Sprint forces EVERYONE out of their plans, then that's what I do. Then it'll probable be the new $59.99 plan they offer for ERP unless another carrier can do better.
    Yeah, the only difference is that from a previous plan, they kept the 23% discount on from when a member of the family worked at a business who they gave a discount. Family share split, I was able to get my own line, and they still kept the 23% on there on top of the $30.

So you see why my options are limited. If I cant keep the same plan with a new phone, I wont get a new phone regardless of the phone. Until I have no other options, and Sprint forces EVERYONE out of their plans, then that's what I do. Then it'll probable be the new $59.99 plan they offer for ERP unless another carrier can do better.
    Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm not even exactly sure how I got such a good plan, but it is so hard to ever leave. My total bill is $30.42 and $7 of that is optional because I have insurance. A friend of mine works for Sprint and my plan is technically under her name, but the bill gets sent to me. I'm also not on a contract, so I can leave whenever I want. Is this basically the same as yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Yeah it looks like they are giving us the finger. Guess sprint still doesn't care about NPS (Net promoter score).

Bye bye Pre, was a nice affair while it lasted.
    This is what some of us are talking about when we reference the whiners. How are they "giving you the finger"? By making you subject to the same conditions that everyone else is if you want the new phone?

Cry me a river...
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    Yeah, I know the feeling. I'm not even exactly sure how I got such a good plan, but it is so hard to ever leave. My total bill is $30.42 and $7 of that is optional because I have insurance. A friend of mine works for Sprint and my plan is technically under her name, but the bill gets sent to me. I'm also not on a contract, so I can leave whenever I want. Is this basically the same as yours?
    Yeah, I took the insurance off cause I figured the $7 a month plus the $50 wasn't worth it if I lost the 700p. I'd be able to find one for that much after you take all the $7/month and add it up.

Mines under my name, and I am on no contract. Free to go whenever. So when you think about a new 2yr, not that big of a deal if I can keep the plan. But to sign, and then dish out another $36 a month to have the Pre...Huh uh.

I'd be Paying more in just EXTRA costs to get a newer plan then I pay currently for the plan itself. It's a no brainer for me. And man did I want the Pre.

For me its not a big deal. Another cool phone will come along, do just what I want it to do, and I can keep my plan. I'd rather save money, then to spend extra for what?? A few handy features? A new Blackberry i'm sure, or new HTC will do just fine.

My biggest thing is that some programs on my 700p I love, and will miss them tons. Like Butler...I use it non-stop. Diet Assistant to track foods, and a few others.

Just means i'll have to find similar programs for a new phone, and get used to a new phone. Never used a Blackberry, but have used a WM phone for 30 days.
    Yeah, the only difference is that from a previous plan, they kept the 23% discount on from when a member of the family worked at a business who they gave a discount.
    I got a 21% discount on my two Sero plans when I signed up 2 years ago. Last month, I dropped my $4 insurance on both plans (which would drop my bill below $60). On the next months bill, I notice I was actually paying a few dollars more. I checked and my discount was gone.

I called Sprint and the rep couldn't understand why I no longer had the discount. She discounted my account and put in the paperwork to get the discount back on. A few hours later, I received an e-mail (from Baker S) saying it couldn't be added on because I'm on a SERO plan.

Apparently, it is either not wise to make changes to your plan, or keep it at a certain cost level. This was the first time I had made any changes in the 2 years I've had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This is what some of us are talking about when we reference the whiners. How are they "giving you the finger"? By making you subject to the same conditions that everyone else is if you want the new phone?

Cry me a river...
    Any company that holds a customer hostage through trying to double their current service plans with new devices is simply anti-consumer. It's anti-consumer behavior that they need to be called out for.

I'm not saying SERO is singled out, you need to get off the sero-hating bandwagon and smell what Sprint is dishing to almost all their old and loyal customers on a myriad of plans.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast