Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I talked to a sprint csr using the online chat about an unrelated issue and she recommended that I buy the pre through telesales because it would be cheaper and I wouldn't have to pay the activation fee.

Does anyone know how much the activation fee for a new phone on sprint is? I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth it to wait an extra day or two for UPS or pay the fee.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    I talked to a sprint csr using the online chat about an unrelated issue and she recommended that I buy the pre through telesales because it would be cheaper and I wouldn't have to pay the activation fee.

Does anyone know how much the activation fee for a new phone on sprint is? I'm trying to decide whether or not it's worth it to wait an extra day or two for UPS or pay the fee.
    $36
    If i'm not mistaken the activation fee is $18. Somebody will probably confirm this after me.
    Can't remember paying one. If i did, a phone call took care of it.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    If i'm not mistaken the activation fee is $18. Somebody will probably confirm this after me.
    I just signed up recently and it was $36. Went on echat and had them waive it a few days later.
  6.    #6  
    Okay, so if the csr will wave it after the fact, then there's no reason to wait on UPS. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    I just signed up recently and it was $36. Went on echat and had them waive it a few days later.
    I've never had to pay for activation. Always talked them out of it during the activation.

Also, I may be wrong, but I think Premier customers don't pay for activation. I think that's one the "perks".
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I just upgraded my wife and it was $18 for her to activate a new phone. And they said they would just stick it on the bill for the following month, but I just looked, and I didn't see it on my new bill.
    $36 does sound familiar to me too...
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    There are probably different fees depending on if you are a new customer or an exisiting one activating a new line. Premier doesn't pay anything.l
    Actually I think new customers pay $36 existing customers pay $18
    I'll save the activation fee by ordering telesales and use it to pay for overnight shipping.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    There are probably different fees depending on if you are a new customer or an exisiting one activating a new line. Premier doesn't pay anything.l
    then that may be why I won't see it.

Does anyone know if this is on the website anywhere? I just looked at the Sprint Premier page and didn't see it. Sprint Premier
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    then that may be why I won't see it.

Does anyone know if this is on the website anywhere? I just looked at the Sprint Premier page and didn't see it. Sprint Premier
    I remember reading it in the "Welcome Kit" they sent me when I became a S|P customer.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    I haven't paid for activation since my first phone i'm pretty sure.

Once i was able to do it via the website I saw no reason why I had to pay anyone to do it for me.
    I'm a Premier customer. I had to pay an activation fee two months ago for a USB broadband card. I *****ed about it a bit to the sales rep (in-store), but she refused to take it off.

Hmmm...I don't know why I didn't call Telesales to get it removed after!?!?!?!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    got this from the sprint site.

The activation fee may be waived under the following circumstances:

Switching from Sprint to Nextel or from Nextel to Sprint
    Getting a new plan because your previous plan isn't offered in an area you have moved to
    Activating a new line of service through My Sprint
    Upgrading your phone
    Activating 20 or more phones
    Adding an additional line to a business, major, corporate, or public sector account

so if you are upgrading you can get it waived!

Support - Why am I being charged an activation fee?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrePhone4Me View Post
    got this from the sprint site.

The activation fee may be waived under the following circumstances:

Switching from Sprint to Nextel or from Nextel to Sprint
    Getting a new plan because your previous plan isn't offered in an area you have moved to
    Activating a new line of service through My Sprint
    Upgrading your phone
    Activating 20 or more phones
    Adding an additional line to a business, major, corporate, or public sector account

so if you are upgrading you can get it waived!

Support - Why am I being charged an activation fee?
    There you go, that settles it.
    i have never paid activation... always had to call and get it taken off, that is a pain in the arse
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    i have never paid activation... always had to call and get it taken off, that is a pain in the arse
    I've never paid activation (even in store). My argument was always "You want this sale/subscription?" At worst, they call over their manager and the fee is dropped.

I figure why pay for activation when they're getting the sale of the phone AND my continued recurring monthly subscription payments? I'm nobody's fool.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast