Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    If anyone didn't know you can access your eligibility right on your phone by going to
    1. Generic
    2. Hit 0 For My Account
    3. Hit 8 for Upgrade Eligibility
    (also Hit 7 for Contract End Date)
    I love how convient they make it for us. It is almost as if they want us to leave...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Spoke to Sprint and they said that I would have to more than likely wait till July 1st, but when the "system does another upgrade I may be granted and early upgrade, but that can not be be guaranteed at this time." So on June 6th I will be calling again come on Sprint what's one month?
    yeah, i have the 150 stamp on mine but it says my contract eligibility is 2011... we got a new plan when they offered the 1500 min unlimited data, so i dont know how it will affect my purchase, my wife just got a new phone in march and she got both the 150 and the 70 (BB instant) rebates so i hope it works for me
    Quote Originally Posted by LuluBee View Post
    Spoke to Sprint and they said that I would have to more than likely wait till July 1st, but when the "system does another upgrade I may be granted and early upgrade, but that can not be be guaranteed at this time." So on June 6th I will be calling again come on Sprint what's one month?
    I can't do it till Sept 1, but I was going to call them again today to complain. If they hold fast and don't allow me to upgrade then so be it. I can wait, but by then plenty of other options will be available.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    The upgrade eligibilty has nothing to do with when your contract ends. It has to do with when you last got a phone with a discount. This is a change that happened in the last year i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'd call them up and complain about it, you might be able to get it fixed (maybe it could be an issue from their server upgrade a few days ago.)
    I agree. a call can fix anything. I had some bought some 800w phones in July, had the phone swapped out by Sprint for Pros in March and they reset my date to March. I called and the reset my 2 year anniversary to June 1 even though it is supposed to be one year in July! Retention can put any date they want.
    My contract expired on 06/02/2008 and I have an $150 credit for a new phone. Does that mean?
    $199
    -$150
    =$49?

Or it will be somehow still $199? or more?
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    My contract expired on 06/02/2008 and I have an $150 credit for a new phone. Does that mean?
    $199
    -$150
    =$49?

Again, your contract has nothing to do with whether you get an upgrade discount. It depends on when you last got a phone with a discount.

$549 List price
    - $100 instant rebate
    - $100 mail in rebate
    - $150 upgrade discount
    = $199
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-549-retail

Retail Price - $549.99
    2-year service agreement - $150.00 <-- Here is your $150 credit
    Instant rebate - $100.00
    Mail-in rebate (MIR) - $100.00
    Net price - $199.99 (after full upgrade rebate)

Cheers,
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    $199
    -$150
    =$49?

negative

its an "instant rebate" that everyone else likely gets too

just think of it as the price you'd pay on a 2-yr contract phone
    Interesting. Just checked my Contract Fulfillment and it expired the day I bought my 755p!

Expired on 06/05/2007
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    They push back your upgrade date till July and you are happy about it?
    I think there was some HEAVY sarcasm intended in the last sentance.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Question - I just checked my eligibility form my wife's phone and my phone, both are eligible for the $150, but at the bottom of the page it indicates the "program expires June 6, 2009". WTF? Does that mean it will cost an extra $150 to get the PRE on launch day?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12