Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
    bartman, I am definitely calling the sales people first, not going to the store

The store people were about as rigid as a lead pipe when negotiating an offer last time.
    call now and negotiate and they will notate your account...then go into the store...tell them to look at the note on your acct from that date and they will approve it...ive done this several times and will be doing this again for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    call now and negotiate and they will notate your account...then go into the store...tell them to look at the note on your acct from that date and they will approve it...ive done this several times and will be doing this again for the Pre.
    I called and they bumped me around to a few different people because of my SERO account, but in the end they noted that I'd called about. However, they would not confirm a plan update for me, and said to call back when the Pre is released to negotiate it.

I will call again when they announce a release date and try again to get them to confirm it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
    I called and they bumped me around to a few different people because of my SERO account, but in the end they noted that I'd called about. However, they would not confirm a plan update for me, and said to call back when the Pre is released to negotiate it.

I will call again when they announce a release date and try again to get them to confirm it for me.
    call *2 and say cancel...youll get retentions. tell them your considering getting the iphone blah blah and that you just found out about the Pre and youre wondering if you can get the pre at the cheaper price if you renew for 2 yrs.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    i tried this and the agent was very very rude about it. im not eligible til july, im a premier customer and she said they dont even know when the pre will be released and that she shouldnt and it wasnt physically possible to make a note on my account. she said for all sprint knows the phone will be released in December
    Something tells me if you were to sign on for two more years of Sprint, they would allow you that discount. I'd ask if I were you.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    Something tells me if you were to sign on for two more years of Sprint, they would allow you that discount. I'd ask if I were you.
    I've already said that to them. I figure I will wait till the Pre has a "real" release date to call back because then I can have a better negotiation point. I could threaten to cancel, but then again I'd have to pay $400 for two lines just to go to something I don't want? They know that it isn't easy, and since I'm SERO might not be that worried about letting me go.

Once they get a concrete date for the release, I'll be able to say "I know I need to upgrade to the EP plan so I'd like to switch both SERO lines to a family EP" and see what happens. The rep already said she doesn't think it will be too much trouble, but couldn't authorize it at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    i tried this and the agent was very very rude about it. im not eligible til july, im a premier customer and she said they dont even know when the pre will be released and that she shouldnt and it wasnt physically possible to make a note on my account. she said for all sprint knows the phone will be released in December
    ugh it's the luck of the draw on who you get when you call. but i would be willing to bet that if you drop your SERO and move up to an everything plan they will gladly let you sign a new 2 yr contract and get the cheaper renewal price for the Pre. you could try calling again and just be very nice and let them know that youre thinking about your options. Youve been wanting an Iphone but you heard about the Pre and now youre thinking you might stay with Sprint...if the price is right...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I am still in between the Palm Pre and one of the new android devices (the HTC Magic or the Samsung I7500), so once the Pre is released I will have some leverage because leaving for T-Mobile won't be too hard for me. Anyone else scoping out the Android phones?
    I got very excited about Android last fall/early last winter. But I pretty much lost interest after the Pre announcement - it left Android looking rough and unfinished by comparison. And T-mobile has very poor coverage where I live; I was all over the Android boards back then, bemoaning about when Sprint or Verizon would pick up an Android phone.

Now we hear rumors that maybe Sprint has a Samsung/Android model in the pipe, and it does pique my interest a little - but unless something major comes up between now and June 7 (bad revelation about the Pre, awesome preview of a Sprint Android model) I'll be getting a Pre.
    Well, now that the release date is firm, I think I will contact them again to negotiate. If they keep denying me I'll just try again next week.

Seems like I've got about 2 1/2 weeks.....
    Well, I was bounced between 5-6 different departments before finally reaching a voicemail for escalations management. I left the info for a callback, but I'm not holding my breath.

this is how it went...

Telesales: We can't access your SERO account so hold while I transfer you...
    SERO acct: I can't authorize an early upgrade from here, but only start a new plan for you. Do you want to talk to retentions? Hold while I transfer you...
    Retentions: I can offer you the an additional $75 off but no rebates or anything else... But you wanted the Pre? Well, that'll be a new phone so I can't offer anything on that after all.

The last statement to me was ludicrous so I simply said "Why would you not sell the phone with the new agreement simply because it's new? You'd be getting a new contract and selling product. It doesn't make sense."

She replied "Well, yes, that is correct! However, I can't help you with what you are asking."

Looks like I'll have to try again later, but apparently the fact that I am SERO is really f-ing things up for them. Most of them can't access my account and the other half don't have the power to do anything for me.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Mine isn't up till November, looks like I've got some calls to make myself.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    A Sprint Social Media rep on Twitter said the price for the Pre for those 12 to 22 months into a 2 year contract is $475.99 (after initially telling us the price was $275). Twitter / JGoldsborough: @endonend U r right. Had w ...
    Quote Originally Posted by welance View Post
    Mine isn't up till November, looks like I've got some calls to make myself.
    good luck with that
  15.    #55  
    I can't say I feel the same way about the upgrade because I'm not on a SERO plan and I'm just a regular customer paying what's listed without discounts. That being said, it came to me as good news when they told me I could upgrade to the Pre (mind you I still have til August 2010 before contract expiration). I feel my argument is that I'll be happy to pay for a 450 Everything Data as long as they give me the bloody Pre
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    Play hardball - keep calling back, asking uncooperative reps to escalate, and even threaten to leave Sprint - Retentions is desperate these days, they'd rather let you upgrade three months early than lose you. (Here's a tip - mention the word "iPhone". Leaves 'em quaking in their headsets.)
    That doesn't work. tried it. The far best way to get an early upgrade is by having a piece of **** phone and trading it in 3 times and giving them a guilt trip about it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123