Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56
  1.    #21  
    As always, it depends on who you talk to and what you say
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by emusician View Post
    As always, it depends on who you talk to and what you say
    Yea, I know. I figured I would play up the fact that I only need 2 1/2 more months till I can renew within their 22 month window so it's not a huge leap of time, and also that my current phone is dying and on it's last legs. I would likely by the wife a Pre as well and get us under two new contracts.

    Hopefully that will sell them.... As I said though, should I wait until it's released or try to get them to agree to it now?
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
    From what was explained to me by the Sprint reps, the 2-yr upgrade (after 22 months) price is basically the same price everyone pays to get a new 2-yr contract phone. In other words, it includes all rebates, instant price drops, and current offers. However, if you renew before that then you just get $75 off the retail price and nothing else.

    I can't upgrade till Sept so I asked if they'd do it early for me, and the response at the time was "no, we can't".
    Same here.

    I'm thinking it'll work better when I have money in hand ready to buy.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
    Yea, I know. I figured I would play up the fact that I only need 2 1/2 more months till I can renew within their 22 month window so it's not a huge leap of time, and also that my current phone is dying and on it's last legs. I would likely by the wife a Pre as well and get us under two new contracts.

    Hopefully that will sell them.... As I said though, should I wait until it's released or try to get them to agree to it now?
    I don't know how much getting them to agree has helped in the past, as I've read posts about people wanting to upgrade to an Instinct, using their existing plan had spoken with reps which confirmed they would allow certain plan changes but did not follow through as customers had to switch to the Everything plan when Instinct was released.
    In answer to asking for an agreement (before the phone is released, I assume)? I don't know how much it would help if they won't stick to the agreement.
    A better solution (in my opinion) is if there is any trouble, ask to speak with customer retention. I honestly don't mind switching to and Everything Data plan or Simply Everything, because it's still better than other carriers. Plug the fact that you've been a customer and intend on continuing a business relationship haha
  5. #25  
    You are correct except that my lead number has all the features and data which represented the major costs. With my number gone then all would remain with basic service and minimum minutes. The way Sprint bundles the servies is that if I have the data plan then all the other numbers are charged for it regardless if the other phones even have the capability.
  6. Libb's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
    From what was explained to me by the Sprint reps, the 2-yr upgrade (after 22 months) price is basically the same price everyone pays to get a new 2-yr contract phone. In other words, it includes all rebates, instant price drops, and current offers. However, if you renew before that then you just get $75 off the retail price and nothing else.

    I can't upgrade till Sept so I asked if they'd do it early for me, and the response at the time was "no, we can't".
    Play hardball - keep calling back, asking uncooperative reps to escalate, and even threaten to leave Sprint - Retentions is desperate these days, they'd rather let you upgrade three months early than lose you. (Here's a tip - mention the word "iPhone". Leaves 'em quaking in their headsets.)
  7. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by polodad1 View Post
    You are correct except that my lead number has all the features and data which represented the major costs. With my number gone then all would remain with basic service and minimum minutes. The way Sprint bundles the servies is that if I have the data plan then all the other numbers are charged for it regardless if the other phones even have the capability.
    It depends on which plan you're on. If you're on a Simply "Something" type plan, yes this is correct. The main line will have all of the features, while the add a phone lines will only have equipment insurance (if purchased). Older plans (such as mine) have data on a line by line basis. Now, most of mine are free, but they're at least listed separately.

    Now what you can do is select the line that you wish to be the primary line. It is possible to shift the "ownership" of the plan to a different line. I forget the actual name they use, but it's not difficult. They were going to do it for me when I was going to do a Transfer of Liability from my personal account to my business account.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  8. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    Play hardball - keep calling back, asking uncooperative reps to escalate, and even threaten to leave Sprint - Retentions is desperate these days, they'd rather let you upgrade three months early than lose you. (Here's a tip - mention the word "iPhone". Leaves 'em quaking in their headsets.)
    Be careful with hardball... I'd try that tactic if you're a high ARPU customer. If you're not, they may be happy to cancel you. (Especially if you're SERO.)
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  9. Libb's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Be careful with hardball... I'd try that tactic if you're a high ARPU customer. If you're not, they may be happy to cancel you. (Especially if you're SERO.)
    Yup - although, since the Pre will no longer support SERO, that could actually work to your benefit in the hardball game - if the rep lets you upgrade at the 22-month price three months early, you'll thus move up to a higher ARPU sooner. By upgrading you early, the rep would actually be making more money for Sprint off of you!
  10. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    Yup - although, since the Pre will no longer support SERO, that could actually work to your benefit in the hardball game - if the rep lets you upgrade at the 22-month price three months early, you'll thus move up to a higher ARPU sooner. By upgrading you early, the rep would actually be making more money for Sprint off of you!
    I absolutely agree with you. If you decide to go to a higher plan, they will most likely scratch your back. It's a win-win for everyone. Now, if you're trying to play hardball on your $45 SERO plan...
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  11.    #31  
    I don't have a SERO plan, so my intentions disregard all older plans in that I accept the current prices of plans offered by Sprint. So my argument would be retention and willingness to pay rather than keeping an old plan that saves me money (which i don't have anyway).
  12. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by emusician View Post
    I don't have a SERO plan, so my intentions disregard all older plans in that I accept the current prices of plans offered by Sprint. So my argument would be retention and willingness to pay rather than keeping an old plan that saves me money (which i don't have anyway).
    You're in a good bargaining position then. I definitely think you'll be playing with a Pre soon....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    You're in a good bargaining position then. I definitely think you'll be playing with a Pre soon....
    I sure hope so. It better be epic
    Last edited by emusician; 05/16/2009 at 04:06 AM.
  14. #34  
    My son lost his phone this week, we are on the Family Plan with 4 phones. I called yesterday Sprint and replaced his phone with a old sprint phone we had (Samsung). After replacing the phone esn it worked, 3 of our phones are out of contract this month. The guy from Sprint says he can take $250 off my next bill if I sign up for a new 2 year contract. I had him call me back in hour, I checked with my local Sprint store, I know I'm buying 3 Pre's next month, he said I can add the new 2 year contract next month when I get my new phones. Has any body heard of this? It is like getting $250 off just for a month of service, like getting a FREE Palm Pre.
  15. #35  
    I don't have an EP, in fact I have SERO, and I know I will have to upgrade to get the Pre. I already said that I'm intending to upgrade, and the rep today said that since the Pre is not released she doesn't have the authority to give me that "confirmed" early upgrade. The rep did place notes in my account so that when the Pre comes out I can "negotiate" (in her words) to get the plan at the 2-yr price with the phone.

    Hopefully it works...
  16. #36  
    I broke contract, with Sprint, and fought ET, and won, I wonder if they will put me under contract again. hmm
  17.    #37  
    Checked my MySprint account, to see what my Upgrade prices would be online. The upgrade prices for me (says my elibility for $150 discount) is correspondent to a New 2-Year contract price. Confirming that if I order online, or with a rep at a Corporate Office, the ability to upgrade at lowest price possible remains.
    Just thought others might want to check what their MySprint account says.
  18. #38  
    I was just told the same thing the other week, and mentioned it here. Premier customers get an upgrade every year.

    I am with the guy that said he loves Sprint and wouldn't switch. EVERY carrier has their problems (and yes, I have experience with every one), and Sprint is no exception. For me though, having to call up once every 2 or 3 bills and have dumb crap taken off that shouldn't be there, is worth all the advantages. Good service, good customer service, mostly good tech support depending who answers, and excellent rates. It's about time they started getting some decent phones though.
  19. #39  
    Check my account - it says I was credited $250 and I still have $150 off for each phone out of contract, then next month when I get the New Pre I can get another 2 year contract I get the New Buyer deal. 150 + what ever they give New customers, I like it because they just gave me $250 credit which is probably the cost of the Pre.
  20. tuz
    tuz is offline
    tuz's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #40  
    I did check online about some upgradey thing and I was going to call Sprint to ask about it but I think as I was on hold the call just ended and I decided I could wait until there is at least a release date. I am still on a fair and flexible plan that I started in 2006. Those plans don't exist anymore but they basically come out to 10 cents per minute over your allowance, which beats anything anywhere including all of Sprint's current plans. Also the internet, unlimited, is $15 per month. With insurance and 300 texts (and a few bucks of fees) I basically pay just over $70 per month.

    When I renewed my contract after 2 years last summer they said that although they don't do fair and flexible anymore that I'd be able to keep it. Also they gave me some options of bonuses like $100 toward a phone and some others, I chose 100 free bonus minutes per month. So now I'm paying just over $70, which is the cost of whatever Sprint's unlimited plan is called, except mine also includes insurance and service which is like $12 together. I'm hoping that signing on for another 2 years will slash my Pre price, but I'm REALLY hoping that I can keep my plan cause I REALLY don't want to pay an extra $10-30 per month on top of a few hundred for the Pre, as much as I want it.

    Anyone know the deal with grandfathering Fair and Flexible?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions