Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have been with Sprint for over 13 years and I enjoy my phone service. I get excellent coverage where I live and have not notice a loss in quality when I have traveld across the country.

I have wanted an iPhone since it came out, but I am not willing to change carriers just to use an iPhone.

I have had a few bad experiences with customer support in the past, but I have noticed Sprint making improvements. More good then bad I would say.

Overall I am very pleased with Sprint and hope to upgrade from my Samsung Instinct to the Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Yeah I like Sprint for the most part.

They did call me and harass me a couple days ago trying to sell me a new plan (for being such a loyal customer...) with 4 lines of service when I don't need 4. I tried to repeat to this person (for whom English was obviously a second language) that I was sure the plan was good value but that I had no use for a fourth line and no desire to spend $50 a month more on my cell phone plan. She kept trying to tell me to use the 4th line as a landline or dedicated car phone and that it was such a good deal.

I finally just hung up as she refused to accept that I had declined the offer.

However, the people I've worked with in physical locations have been great, I've enjoyed the phone service and like the rates. I've only run into problems when dealing with non-native English speakers.
    As you can calculate from my signature I've been with Sprint for 8 years. I've had very few problems and none of them were serious. They were all bill related (an extra charge, lost discount, etc.) and all of that got fixed with a phone call. The worst thing I had was spam picturemail which I had for at least 6 months. It was really bad and finally I called up about it a month ago. I was on the phone for an hour until I finally got to advance support and once I mentioned spam picturemail they knew what I was talking about. Sprint was finally cutting down on it. In the end, the next day it stopped! Their support a couple years ago was pretty bad with long wait times and holds but recently it's been very fast and helpful. With a balance of good prices and service, I don't plan on switching anytime soon.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    I'm liking them less and less as time goes by, due to the poor customer service.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I'm liking them less and less as time goes by, due to the poor customer service.
    Do not deal with CS, escalate your issue immediately or go straight to retentions. You will get stellar service at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    Do not deal with CS, escalate your issue immediately or go straight to retentions. You will get stellar service at that point.
    That's why I can't say I really "like" Sprint, but rather deal with them just because they are a good deal. I should not have to threaten to leave just to get the stellar service.

And the (in my opinion) bogus advertising of the Treo 800w's GPS capabilities does not make me "like" them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    That's why I can't say I really "like" Sprint, but rather deal with them just because they are a good deal. I should not have to threaten to leave just to get the stellar service.

And the (in my opinion) bogus advertising of the Treo 800w's GPS capabilities does not make me "like" them either.
    Yeah it shouldn't have to take a threat to cancel to get good service. Luckily I haven't had to do that.
    I have been with Sprint 12 years. Service has always been good. Only time frustrated with them Is when I know more about a phone I am purchasing than the sales person does and I tech handicapped!
    Most of Sprints bad rap comes from people who are not on Sprint.

I am thinking sour grapes myself.
    LOVE SPRINT!!!!! Their prices along make them the best....
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Most of Sprints bad rap comes from people who are not on Sprint.

I am thinking sour grapes myself.
    There is some truth to that, but I believe that allot of trash talk is due to Sprint's CS the past few years has been inadequate compared to the competition.
    VZW and T-Mobile stepped up the CS game over the years and their CS reps have more capabilities than Sprint's did/do. The fact is if you know how to escalate your issue to the next level you will get the same level of support that VZW and T-Mo provide at the first level.

Most customers don't venture beyond this point (because on other carriers, they didn't have to)....there in lies the the complaints and bad-talk.
    A lot of Sprint's bad rap comes from the literally millions of customers who left because they were dissatified with the service. 1.3 million just last quarter alone and counting... Meanwhile some other carriers have seen growth. So Sprint still has work to do.

They've got the shot to save the ship with the Pre soon to be released. We'll see how they manage it.
    The only problem I have with Sprint is that they are always the last to get an update for any phone worth getting. For example, At&t is always rolling out the next-gen BB when Sprint finally gets the previous gen.

As for the service, I love it. Customer service is awesome, the coverage (for me) is outstanding, and the data service is really fast. In that regard, who could ask for anything more?

I have one more issue, but this is more of a universal complaint throughout the whole cell phone industry, and it's that the employees (sales especially) at the stores are complete arrogant jerkoffs. But like I said, that's a given regardless what company you have your service though.
    The last Palm product I owned was the Zire71..the Prē is bringing me back.
    So, it's bringing sexy back!
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    A lot of Sprint's bad rap comes from the literally millions of customers who left because they were dissatified with the service. 1.3 million just last quarter alone and counting... Meanwhile some other carriers have seen growth. So Sprint still has work to do.

They've got the shot to save the ship with the Pre soon to be released. We'll see how they manage it.
    It's the Nextel users leaving, not CDMA users.

I've had acceptable experiences with Sprint over the last 10 years. I drove across the country once streaming internet radio on Treo (radioio) the entire time. Worked great. I've roamed in some very obscure places in Montana and South Dakota, friend with ATT didn't work. Sprint has the better value/service balance methinks.

Support is better than it used to be but even at it's worst, I only called maybe once or twice a year. CS is not a key factor for me but I've been fortunate not to have any billing errors.

My contract has expired but am planning to renew with a Pre. Looking forward to it.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    It's the Nextel users leaving, not CDMA users.
    You might want to read around these forums about all the Sprint CDMA customers who have been leaving. And their reasons mostly involve bad experiences with Sprint CS.

Nextel integration issues were years ago, but Sprint is losing over a million a quater now.

Businesses have slowed spending a bit, but some other mobile service providers are still seeing growth. The high sales of devices like the IPhone and newer Blackberries seems to have a direct impact too.
    Yeah, I'm aware Sprint CDMA loses some but they are gaining more than they lose. Nextel has been losing many more than they gain. Although the Boost side is now picking up since they've started $50/unlimited.

Sprint CS was a serious issue but is now much better. The network is quite good now as they've added CDMA to thousands of iDen sites over the last few years. Virgin Mobile is often highest rated and they use the exact same network. Sprint's problems were CS, Nextel and lack of gottahave phone. CS is better but perception will take a long time to turn about. The gottahave phone is coming. The iDen network has no future and will continue to drag Sprint down.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I've been with Sprint for ~10 years now. My account has grown in size as I have absorbed family members into my family plan. I have nothing, but good things to say about them. Have there been issues? Sure. But nothing major and nothing from a CS stand point that makes me want to leave.

The one issue that has bothered me in recent years is Sprint not having a dynamic phone similar to the iPhone. I never really wanted the iPhone, but did want something with it's functionality. I have high hopes that the Pre will be that phone. I was thoroughly disappointed with the Instinct and opted for a Moto Q instead. It's time for a dynamic phone with a physical keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware Sprint CDMA loses some but they are gaining more than they lose. Nextel has been losing many more than they gain. Although the Boost side is now picking up since they've started $50/unlimited.

Sprint CS was a serious issue but is now much better. The network is quite good now as they've added CDMA to thousands of iDen sites over the last few years. Virgin Mobile is often highest rated and they use the exact same network. Sprint's problems were CS, Nextel and lack of gottahave phone. CS is better but perception will take a long time to turn about. The gottahave phone is coming. The iDen network has no future and will continue to drag Sprint down.
    Can you please cite sources showing that of the 1.3 million subscribers Sprint lost last quarter that most were Nextel customers?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have been with Sprint for 10 years and pleased with them. CS has improved greatly have not had many issues that 1 call could not fix.

I get a signal everywhere i go, but guess that could be diffent depending on where you live. The best way that I have seen to judge a company is not how they do when things are going well, but how do they handle problems.

Everytime there is a problem they bend over backwards to fix it. Often issuing credits ect. But for the most part the phone works and I pay my bill so there is not much contact anymore.

I like Spint

MTW
    The link below should help the iDEN vs CDMA discussion:
    Broadband Wireless News

# Of the 49.1 million customers, 35.4 million are post-paid subscribers (25.3 million on CDMA, 8.9 million on iDEN, and 1.2 million Power Source users who utilize both networks), 4.3 million prepaid subscribers (3.5 million on iDEN and 800,000 on CDMA) and 9.4 million wholesale and affiliate subscribers, all of whom utilize the CDMA network.

# The wireless customers losses include 1.25 million post-paid customers -- comprising 531,000 CDMA and 719,000 iDEN customers (including a net 94,000 customers who transferred from the iDEN network to the CDMA network). The company also lost 90,000 prepaid CDMA customers. The company gained a net 764,000 prepaid iDEN customers and 394,000 wholesale and affiliate subscribers. The company achieved total subscriber growth on the iDEN network.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast