Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just thought some of you would appreciate this.

So after 2 months of back and forth with Sprint over my prl not updating on my Treo 800w, I decided it was better for my mental health (if not my pocket) to leave and go to Sprint. Monday afternoon I explain to the CSR that I am literally on my way out the door to AT&T as she tells me she wants to try one last thing. (Lady, you've tried everything except sending me a different device.)

So off I go to AT&T, and Tues evening I begin the port process, which finishes early Wed. morning. Wed. afternoon I get voicemail and an email follow up from Sprint with the good news that the prl update was successful! I reply by email...awesome - so how exactly did you update the prl on my AT&T iPhone, cause the number was ported before you tried this for the 872nd time. Can't you even tell that the number is no longer on your network?

No, I will not miss the Sprint employees.
    How many phones do you have Alli?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

3.    #3  
    I want to be Mickey Papillon when I grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I want to be Mickey Papillon when I grow up.
    Je ne comprends pas.

Combien? quatre? cinq?

5.    #5  
    Click the link and you'll get it.
    Click the link and you'll get it.
    Merci beaucoup

I think it's so cool that you are a high school French teacher!

I sure wish they would make the links a different color or something. How would anyone have known that was a link if you didn't point that out?
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  8.    #8  
    Cause it's underlined? I dunno. Unfortunately, you don't get a ton of choices with the forum software.

Glad to see you're so impressed, palandri. lol!
    All the 800 faithful's have jumped ship. Honestly I don't know what took you so long to realize what everyone else realized. The iPhone is a great device. Most of our office has them but I feel the extra $30 a month for the service is steap. Use to be $15 when they first launched it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  10.    #10  
    Don't put words in my mouth. I loved the 800w. Sprint could easily have gotten another one, done the update, and sent it to me as a replacement. (Our local service center is less than equipped.)

It was Sprint's unwillingness to do anything that caused me to dump them.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    sorry to hear about your customer no service.. that is quite frustrating when it happens
    Don't put words in my mouth. I loved the 800w. Sprint could easily have gotten another one, done the update, and sent it to me as a replacement. (Our local service center is less than equipped.)

It was Sprint's unwillingness to do anything that caused me to dump them.
    A PRL does not hinder the performance of a device unless you live in the boonies. If you loved the device a PRL update does not force a person to switch carriers. Sprint may not be the greatest (nobody is) but a roaming update doesn't cause people to jump ship. You could have gotten another 800 easily. I would choose an iPhone over the 800 too. You will enjoy it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Cause it's underlined? I dunno.
    I wasn't trying to be smart. I was serious. I never have noticed that all underlined words are a link. In all seriousness, if a person posts a link like that, it might be worth pointing out that there is a link. I don't just mean your's. I have probably missed hundreds of links over the years because I didn't know that someone was posting one.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Your personal experience surely shed some light but I don't think this is generally the case for all of Sprint's customers. Because I have a couple of friends who are with Sprint for several years now but are enjoying the service and I have some friends who, like me, are with AT&T but they complain about certain aspects of the service.
    Why do you need a PRL update? It really does not make any difference in your servicer experience unless you live in a rural area with weak Sprint coverage and Verizon or Alltel has just put up a new tower.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  16.    #16  
    Because I spend the summer roaming around the country, and I wanted to make sure I had what I needed before I got into a jam.

Sprint actually sent me a replacement 800w at one point, but it also had the original prl that wouldn't update. They weren't interested in finding one that already had the update and sending it - they said customer service didn't do that.
    Because I spend the summer roaming around the country, and I wanted to make sure I had what I needed before I got into a jam.

Sprint actually sent me a replacement 800w at one point, but it also had the original prl that wouldn't update.
    That would mean the 800w had an issue. Sprint gave you a replacement and even it had the same problem. Not that every 800w has that issue, but odd problems with that device, that many have dumped after 9 months or less is not uncommon. (No matter how much anyone says they loved the 800w, the actions of many leaving it well before a year speak louder than words.)

I think Sprint should have given you a free Treo Pro. It allows you to do the PRL updates yourself anytime you want.

For all the hassle you put up with, you could send that 800w back to Palm on the wings of a BBB complaint and get your money back. I know I did.

I do have to say, that I'm surprised you went with an iPhone, when you used to be one of the folks trying to get people over to WM. Anyway, I wish you the best and hope you enjoy it. We'll miss having your input on matters WM related, but I suspect you might have a WM device again before long .
    Why get the iPhone now when a new one is coming out later this year and you can get the new subscriber price?

Plus no copy and paste until 3.0. No MMS or video record for the same reason. If you used WM for a long time, Mobile OSX may seem watered down. No background tasks like WM.

You'll have to jailbreak the current phone to get MMS and video record and background tasks. Although I'm not sure there's a good copy and paste app even in the jailbreak community. I'll check though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19.    #19  
    I couldn't agree more - Sprint should have given me a Treo Pro. Or almost any other WM device they have. I would even have taken a Touch Pro. It was their unwillingness to do anything that just did me (them?) in.

And absolutely, I will be back on a WM device - as soon as the Touch Diamond 2 is out in the US!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    That would mean the 800w had an issue. Sprint gave you a replacement and even it had the same problem. Not that every 800w has that issue, but odd problems with that device, that many have dumped after 9 months or less is not uncommon. (No matter how much anyone says they loved the 800w, the actions of many leaving it well before a year speak louder than words.)

I think Sprint should have given you a free Treo Pro. It allows you to do the PRL updates yourself anytime you want.

For all the hassle you put up with, you could send that 800w back to Palm on the wings of a BBB complaint and get your money back. I know I did.

I do have to say, that I'm surprised you went with an iPhone, when you used to be one of the folks trying to get people over to WM. Anyway, I wish you the best and hope you enjoy it. We'll miss having your input on matters WM related, but I suspect you might have a WM device again before long .
  20.    #20  
    I got the new subscriber price on the current iPhone. I couldn't wait cause the whole point was to send Sprint a message. It wouldn't have sent them much of a message to keep paying them every month, would it?

I can wait for 3.0 - it was one of the decisive factors in deciding to try the iPhone. I have never used MMS, so I won't notice its absence - or addition once 3.0 is released.

Coming from many many years of Palm, background apps won't be missed much either, although my 9 months of WM did get me used to notifications for things like Twitter and instant messaging.

Copy/paste? omg...if I didn't know it was coming in 3.0 I would probably have gotten a Fuze.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Why get the iPhone now when a new one is coming out later this year and you can get the new subscriber price?

Plus no copy and paste until 3.0. No MMS or video record for the same reason. If you used WM for a long time, Mobile OSX may seem watered down. No background tasks like WM.

You'll have to jailbreak the current phone to get MMS and video record and background tasks. Although I'm not sure there's a good copy and paste app even in the jailbreak community. I'll check though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast