Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Yahtzee!!! The reason why I am sticking with Sprint. I pay $135 (that's with tax & fees) for 3 lines on a Simply Everything Plan (1500 minute share)

    Verizon is incredibly expensive.
    Yes, I now see that Sprint has a multi-phone deal, "Everything Data Family" it's called, where if you get 5 phones in the plan it's only $38 per phone with unlimited data!!!! It's only 300 minutes per phone each but at least two of us use almost no voice minutes. Not sure if I can get enough people together though. This fits the budget and I bet I get phone discounts etc.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3cn4b View Post
    Well, I disagree that Sprint is as good as say, Verizon.

    I am a lone ranger with Sprint, friends and even my wife have other carriers and there has been no instance ever where I had coverage and they didn't, but it's so frequent that I don't have coverage and they do, that it's a running joke whether I even have coverage or not.

    The only reason I had Sprint was because it was $29.99 with $15 data. That's why I put up with a sub-par carrier. Saving $20 or $30 a month was worth it to me.

    I'll take all of your opinions into consideration before I make any jumps but I'm betting I am going with Verizon. I guess it's true about their dead zone commercials.

    Thanks for the input.
    Sprint phones roam on verizon's signal.

    In this regard, you should never not have service when your Verizon friends do.


    I'll never get why this is not brought up more often.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Sprint phones roam on verizon's signal.

    In this regard, you should never not have service when your Verizon friends do.


    I'll never get why this is not brought up more often.
    Mine doesn't, but I think it's because under Settings then Services then Roaming I have Home Network Only. If I set this to Allow Roaming instead, will it cost extra money when I check my email and I am on the Verizon network?

    If you don't know I can try it and see if it shows up on the bill I guess, just hoping someone would know. I'm on a very tight budget so if it costs extra that's not going to work for me.

    I had no idea it was even possible, nice tip for when I'm out of service and really really need to use the phone.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3cn4b View Post
    Users need to know that if they have the Sprint $29.99 plan they will get no more yearly phone credits, and will get no rebates at least on the Pro, and I think that's unfair and I'm happy to let other Sprint users know it..
    that is simply false. You are basing your discussion on an incorrect information.
  5. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3cn4b View Post
    Mine doesn't, but I think it's because under Settings then Services then Roaming I have Home Network Only. If I set this to Allow Roaming instead, will it cost extra money when I check my email and I am on the Verizon network?

    If you don't know I can try it and see if it shows up on the bill I guess, just hoping someone would know. I'm on a very tight budget so if it costs extra that's not going to work for me.

    I had no idea it was even possible, nice tip for when I'm out of service and really really need to use the phone.
    So let me get this straight...
    1. You are upset with Sprint because you want them to give you a discount on a Treo Pro, but want to keep your grandfathered plan. Kinda like the SERO whiners...
    2. You're on a tight budget, but want Sprint to give YOU something extra without paying for it.
    3. You think Sprint has bad coverage, when it might actually just be your phone? (What phone do you use by the way?)

    Here is the truth about your situation...

    Sprint doesn't care about you. They don't care that you've been with them for 10+ years because you don't make them any money. Sprint cares about retaining customers like myself, who have 5+ voice lines and multiple data cards. I spend more in two months than you do in a year. It's simple business logic. They gain nothing by keeping you on your old plan. Want a new phone?... get a new plan. Want to keep your old phone?...keep your old plan.

    You're asking a BUSINESS to give you something for nothing. Sprint is not a non-profit, you do realize that correct?

    Sprint doesn't care about your budget. Good luck finding a cheaper carrier (or better for that matter.) Try Boost or Cricket.

    Your post is merely an example of a pervasive attitude in these forums, that these businesses somehow owe minor customers (and I emphasize MINOR) special favors.

    Good luck finding greener grass with another carrier. In fact, I doubt you can afford their grass.
    Last edited by akula34; 05/05/2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: typos
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3cn4b View Post
    Mine doesn't, but I think it's because under Settings then Services then Roaming I have Home Network Only. If I set this to Allow Roaming instead, will it cost extra money when I check my email and I am on the Verizon network?

    If you don't know I can try it and see if it shows up on the bill I guess, just hoping someone would know. I'm on a very tight budget so if it costs extra that's not going to work for me.

    I had no idea it was even possible, nice tip for when I'm out of service and really really need to use the phone.
    Depends on your plan. All of the Sprint plans now-a-days have roaming included at no extra cost as long as you don't spend more than 50% of your talk time roaming within a billing cycle. For those people on old plans...well, you get what you pay for. The modern Sprint plans are a very good value. You get a lot for your money.

    I'm almost never without coverage (voice or data) unless I'm in an area where NO ONE has coverage. Certainly if a Verizon customer has a signal, I do too. I've never had additional charges for roaming...ever. You can find out by simply calling to ask, or check your plan on-line, or look at your past bills. They should say what your terms are.

    Like I said before, it depends on your plan. There is something to be said for keeping up with the technology (and sometimes that means upgrading your plan, too).
    --Inspector Gadget

    "Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

    Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    them to give you a discount on a Treo Pro, but want to keep your grandfathered plan.
    I think you miss the point. The poster is misinformed. You can get a Pro today on your sero, keep your sero and get the full discounted price on the Pro.

    Sprint does this because it makes sense to do it. They make money on SERO (Sprint is increasingly undercapacity on its cdma network). They don't lose much at all on discounted phones. The average new customer discount causes a net cost of $14 (that is documented in court cases involving Sprint and ETF). The Treo Pro probably costs Sprint around $200 give or take $25. You can see that because that is the amount new in box Treo Pro with current software and no contract sell for on ebay. The discounted price is $200.

    This entire discussion is based on false premises: a) the incorrect premise that you cant get handset discounts on renewing sero and b) the incorrect premise that spirnt loses money on most SERO customers
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    1. You are upset with Sprint because you want them to give you a discount on a Treo Pro, but want to keep your grandfathered plan. Kinda like the SERO whiners...
    2. You're on a tight budget, but want Sprint to give YOU something extra without paying for it.
    3. You think Sprint has bad coverage, when it might actually just be your phone? (What phone do you use by the way?)

    (snip)

    Your post is merely an example of a pervasive attitude in these forums, that these businesses somehow owe minor customers (and I emphasize MINOR) special favors.
    I think it's understood that all (I think) carriers give phone credits or whatever you want to call them for having service. My friend I think gets $100 per year from Verizon to use towards any phone, ON TOP of any rebates or whatever. I don't think it unfair for me to expect that.

    Here's what happened so you understand: I walked into my Sprint store knowing my 2-year contract was up and my Treo is 2 years old. I "expect" that I should be able to get a discounted Treo Pro like the rest of the world. But, instead I am told that I no longer get phone credits on the $29.99 plan, and I get zero rebates on the Pro while on the $29.99 plan. The salesguy outright told me he'd be happy to let me keep my plan but I must pay full price for the phone. No phone credits, no rebates. Period.

    My goal: I am on a tight budget. In order to have email/data I must keep it under a limit that me and my wife can agree on. I use almost no voice, and I like being able to surf and email. Going to $39.99 plus $15 data is $55. I am now $45. That's $10 per month not just for 2 years but forever if I want phone credits/rebates apparently. And $45 was a high price to us to begin with.

    It's true that I was unware that other carriers were so much higher for the data, and the voice plans for them are higher too. So, my latest 2 ideas are to

    #1 buy a Treo Pro on ebay (I need a new phone, this one has the headphone jack problem among other problems (freezes daily) that I know aren't apps because it does it after a hard wipe reset.) Maybe buy another 700wx, I hate ebay risk and losing that money that I could have put towards a new waranteed phone.

    #2 I am trying to get a bunch of people on one of these multiphone plans that gets the rates WAY down for the data.

    Key here is money. I can't afford a list price pro. I don't want to risk possible ebay ripoff. I don't qualify for the $199 pro. I have a wiggy phone and need another phone, PDA if I can afford it and a data plan.

    It might just be that I can't afford a phone with a data plan. That's a possibility as well. But for the last 12 years I was able to upgrade from Treo 300 (not kidding) up to my current 700wx with rebates/phone credits. For the first time Sprint isn't letting me do that, and I need to look for an answer.

    Anyone with suggestions I'd love to hear, but now hopefully you understand.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I think you miss the point. The poster is misinformed. You can get a Pro today on your sero, keep your sero and get the full discounted price on the Pro.
    I beg to differ on this point. I actually have the flyer that I carried out of the Sprint store that has the footnote that says something like "rebate for plans of $39.99 or higher" unless SERO is $39.99 (I don't know but I don't think so).

    So I think you are mistaken on that point, anyone know for sure one way or another?

    EDIT: Just searched and found this post, apparently you can't do it in the stores but if you call in and get transferred to the Sero group you get a discounted Pro. So, apparently Sero users can get it and I still can't. Frustrating. Here's the link:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ml#post1574474

    .
    Last edited by mk3cn4b; 05/07/2009 at 11:59 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions