Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You mean something like Sprint Everything Plus Referral Program (The new SERO) which gives you 500 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else for $59.99?
    I have an old vision plan, $30+$10 get me unlimited text+data (no pre, and a pro will be no rebates/discounts, $550)

I want the Pre, and would like to get it on one of these $60 EPRP plans

Has someone any experience with porting phone #'s around to qualify for a 'new acct' plan?

Can I get my # ported to a no-contract plan on T-Mobile or somewhere for a few weeks?
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I have an old vision plan, $30+$10 get me unlimited text+data (no pre, and a pro will be no rebates/discounts, $550)
    Whoever told you Pro would be no rebates or discounts is completely wrong. You can get full rebates and full discounts on the old visions -- I know I have two Treo Pro, an HTC touch pro on exactly such a plan. all phones were fully discounted to new customer pricing when I resigned the account (and kept the old plan). This is what other users report as well and was also the case on the 800w.

You, or more accurately whatever stone ***** CSR you spoke with, are talking about restrictions unique to the Instinct and the Pre -- and not to the Pro
    Thanks, I was told my base plan is not expensive enough for the $150 2-yr renewal discount, $35 min.

I might compromise for a Pro.

I want the Pre though, and am really tempted to try porting my phone # around to a pre-paid, and coming back to a EPRP $60 ... I have not heard anyone try this though (porting to pre-paid), but it appears possible on t-mobile's website . My Sprint contract expires the week after the Pre comes out
    Here's what Sprint's website tells me about my $30 plan:

"You have an upgrade discount available and can save up to $150 off a new phone. To receive your discount, you'll need to change to a plan with a regular monthly price of $39.99 or higher. Call us at 800-SPRINT-1 or visit a store near you to change your plan and upgrade your phone. "

If I badger retentions, maybe I can get some help, but it's been a few years since I've tried, and I don't think they are so inclined with my low-priced plan.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    No one here has asked or answered the question, what if I get the phone with NO equipment discount.

What if I want to keep an existing SERO plan and NOT take the equipment discount? The equipment discount requires the 2 year plan commitment, but what I don't want to do this and willingly pay the $200 more for the phone in exchange for no equipment discount.

If the answer is No, then what happens around January 2010, after the 6 month Sprint exclusivity EXPIRES and the phone becomes available on Verizon? And don't say it won't. Sprint has only a 6 month window.

Yes the NVP discounts of 23% are great, but most of us can get similar "employee" % discounts with both AT&T and Verizon, no sweat. And with a larger customer base, the chances of mobile to mobile are greater with AT&T or Verizon and that should help offset the 9pm N&W start vs. 7pm with Sprint.

By the way, even with a $30 SERO plan, you can still qualify for the mail in rebates on many phones. It's just the new after 1 or 2 years upfront discount you may not qualify for. Don't sweat losing the equipment discount, you'll more than make up for it with a $30 plan.
    For what it's worth, I am posting my chat log from a conversation I had yesterday with a very helpful Sprint rep, who placed several add-ons to my account just for asking. Just for the hell of it, I asked about the Pre and Sero. I realize it is meaningless, yet she did seem rather sure of herself...

05/15/2009 11:02:37AM Agent (Jordache): "You have another question?"

05/15/2009 11:03:03AM Mark: "do you know if there will be a requirement for me to change plans when I buy the Palm Pre when it comes out next month"

05/15/2009 11:03:56AM Agent (Jordache): "No, Mark, you would not require a plan change."

05/15/2009 11:04:56AM Mark: "I know that for the Samsung Instinct, i was unable to get it, because it DID require a plan change. You are certain that I will not have to for the Palm Pre?"

05/15/2009 11:05:18AM Agent (Jordache): "I am positive, Mark."

05/15/2009 11:05:36AM Agent (Jordache): "I will even note your account, not to change your plan."

05/15/2009 11:06:08AM Mark: "can you put a note on there saying that i do not require plan change for the Palm Pre?"

05/15/2009 11:06:15AM Mark: "That would be great"

05/15/2009 11:07:29AM Agent (Jordache): "I have dually noted your account, Mark."

05/15/2009 11:07:49AM Mark: "thank you for your help"

05/15/2009 11:08:04AM Agent (Jordache): "You are quite welcome."
    Quote Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post
    For what it's worth, I am posting my chat log from a conversation I had yesterday with a very helpful Sprint rep, who placed several add-ons to my account just for asking. Just for the hell of it, .....

Same thing happened to me when I contacted sprint few days ago,
    and I'm so happy
    so you found a CSR who doesn;t know and gave you bad info, nothing new. Unless you renewed your contract right then this doesn't represent a material commitment by Sprint and they can say it was an error.

Quote Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post
    For what it's worth, I am posting my chat log from a conversation I had yesterday with a very helpful Sprint rep, who placed several add-ons to my account just for asking. Just for the hell of it, I asked about the Pre and Sero. I realize it is meaningless, yet she did seem rather sure of herself...

05/15/2009 11:02:37AM Agent (Jordache): "You have another question?"

05/15/2009 11:03:03AM Mark: "do you know if there will be a requirement for me to change plans when I buy the Palm Pre when it comes out next month"

05/15/2009 11:03:56AM Agent (Jordache): "No, Mark, you would not require a plan change."

05/15/2009 11:04:56AM Mark: "I know that for the Samsung Instinct, i was unable to get it, because it DID require a plan change. You are certain that I will not have to for the Palm Pre?"

05/15/2009 11:05:18AM Agent (Jordache): "I am positive, Mark."

05/15/2009 11:05:36AM Agent (Jordache): "I will even note your account, not to change your plan."

05/15/2009 11:06:08AM Mark: "can you put a note on there saying that i do not require plan change for the Palm Pre?"

05/15/2009 11:06:15AM Mark: "That would be great"

05/15/2009 11:07:29AM Agent (Jordache): "I have dually noted your account, Mark."

05/15/2009 11:07:49AM Mark: "thank you for your help"

I'm gonna cry
    I read almost the whole site, and feels very legit. Sorry if it's already been posted.
    Inside Sprint Now

http://insidesprintnow.files.wordpre...ng?w=505&h=487
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Yep. I'm finally getting rid of my old Fair and Flexible plan and getting the Share 1500 to split with my gf. With corporate discount it's only $110 so only $55 each for more minutes than we need and all the data and text services we want. Even now just buying a-la-carte voice, data, and text on my old plan I pay about the same and I get fewer minutes. I think it's nuts that I can get a shared plan with 2 phones, 1500 minutes, and unlimited data for $40 less than a single iPhone plan.
    Old news billy bob, as well as an "old" site too.
  13.    #33  
    threads merged
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I read almost the whole site, and feels very legit. Sorry if it's already been posted.
    Inside Sprint Now

http://insidesprintnow.files.wordpre...ng?w=505&h=487
    1- Nothing on that chart says anything about Pre. We have nothing to link it to Pre
    2- That looks like a chart showing possible new plans for new customers for sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/sprin-plan...ply-everything

I'm not saying the door is slammed shut, deadbolted, boarded up, and has a chest pushed up against it. I'm just saying they locked it and will be stingy with the keys.
    What happens if someone just flat out buys a Pre, and then tries to activate it with their current number? Sure you'll pay more for the phone up front, but the difference between the $30 SERO rate I pay, and the $70 at the lowest plan would soon make that up. Is there any mention of having to activate the phone in the store before you walk out, like Apple/AT&T make you do with the iPhone? That might be a good question to ask your contacts.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    My Sprint contract expires the week after the Pre comes out

So, like, when does the Pre come out?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  17. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Well, I just checked my account & they changed the name of my data plan on my SERO 500 plan to "Add-ons > EVDO Casual". Whats the "Casual" all about & does anyone think Sprint will require another type of DATA plan for the Pre?
  18. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Thought this article might explain NVP a little better:
    All About the Discount – NVP, that is. Inside Sprint Now
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    What happens if someone just flat out buys a Pre, and then tries to activate it with their current number? Sure you'll pay more for the phone up front, but the difference between the $30 SERO rate I pay, and the $70 at the lowest plan would soon make that up. Is there any mention of having to activate the phone in the store before you walk out, like Apple/AT&T make you do with the iPhone? That might be a good question to ask your contacts.

I have the same queries. Dont mind paying more for the phone.
    I just called *2 and went to "Cancel/Terminate".

Representatives there have been trained that the Pre is not compatible with any plan without the word "EVERYTHING" in it, unless you're actually a Sprint employee.

But I did get the pithy consolation pep talk :
    "I wish I could get that pre phone too, but my family says I can't."
    "We're the only carrier ever going to 4G, so we need the extra money."
    "Our system has all the codes stripped out of it relating to the old SERO."

So you're not going to get anything out of Retentions but an ETF and sob stories about how they need more of your money.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast