1.    #1  
    When Sprint TV started having some stations move up from what is available on the Everything Plan, I thought maybe it was just networks trying to demand too much. I'm no fan of networks trying to up carriage rates. But now I'm getting the feeling Sprint is just moving some stations around because they can. And they might have even dumped some. It seems there has been a change in a lot of the available stations. And I can't say I prefer some of what is coming in replacing what was removed. Some I'm OK with it being gone, but some networks I start watching and then Sprint removes them. I'm starting not to like Sprint TV as much. The channel lineup is too inconsistent.
    Was there an announced change in Sprint TV lineup? I pay the $8 per month for the 'premium plan' (or whatever it's called) because I use it a lot.

Edit: I just checked my lineup and Comedy Central is no longer being offered. That's a huge disappointment, as I always get my Daily Show and Colbert fixes here.
    Last edited by Bujin; 04/03/2009 at 05:33 PM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Was there an announced change in Sprint TV lineup? I pay the $8 per month for the 'premium plan' (or whatever it's called) because I use it a lot.

Edit: I just checked my lineup and Comedy Central is no longer being offered. That's a huge disappointment, as I always get my Daily Show and Colbert fixes here.
    What I'm starting to find, is that networks that air more of their episodes online for free are the same ones no longer on SprintTV.

Like the full episodes of the Daily Show and Colbert are now posted on those respective web sites. (Viewable with Skyfire, Opera Mobile does not work.)

And maybe recent changes were a Viacom thing. Because networks I've recently noticed are no longer on Sprint TV and air full episodes now on their web sites are Viacom networks. So maybe Viacom is telling Sprint "no thanks"? Or conversely, Sprint could be upset the networks air so much for free online. (I know in the past Charter Communications had a spat with ESPN News because ESPN News was airing a lot of content for free online.)

Fox News used to also once be on the Sprint TV lineup, but I have strong suspicions maybe there was something like a carriage fee issue or something. I don't have a shred of proof, just my personal suspicion. Or maybe it has something to do with FoxNews' expanding web presence with stuff like their FoxNation.

And it seems there are other networks that have come and gone from Sprint TV. I have not kept an accurate list of all, but when I log into Sprint TV it's like I'm seeing a different list of stations and some ones I was considering watching disappear.

I know cable TV companies have issues where they at times pull a network, but usually those deals are done over a longer period of time, like yearly negotiations or something. Sprint's got a lineup that seems to change every month if not every few weeks.

We've been discussing some other online TV options in this thread.

I guess it's possible these changes are not a matter Sprint giving networks the boot, but regardless the cause, the value of Sprint TV is taking a nose dive.