View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1415
  1. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    As mentioned previously, no one scammed sprint. The sero program and email addresses were made public. Emails like savings@sprint.com were published to allow general public into the program. thoughts to the contrary are just inaccurate. Even still Russ McGuire I believe V.P. of marketing has published his email with his code on his blog to allow users into the SERO replacement plan of Everything Plus.

    SERO was a great deal whose time has come to pass, but it was not because people scammed the system.
    Fine, but I think the "scam" (I like to think of it as a loophole...) was for existing Sprint customers to switch to a SERO plan - not new customers joining Sprint. Allowing existing customers to get SERO was never part of Sprint's intention, and lots of people (myself included) were able to get Sprint to switch them to a SERO plan. I'm not sure I would call this a scam, it was really just taking advantage of the fact that Sprint's customer service team is completely incompetent.
    Last edited by Minsc; 01/13/2009 at 11:16 AM.
  2. #142  
    I think yall are fooling yourselves if you dont think Sprint will not require SE plans on the Pre.

    Look at the pub they are getting on this, and we all know how important ARPU is in this industry and Sprint is hurting.

    This is the vehicle in which they will accomplish raising the ARPU. Either keep your SERO/rentention plan with no Pre or pony up to the table with a higher cost of ownership with the Pre.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Fine, but I think the "scam" (I like to think of it as a loophole...) was for existing Sprint customers to switch to a SERO plan - not new customers joining Sprint. Allowing existing customers to get SERO was never part of Sprint's intention, and lots of people (myself included) were able to get Sprint to switch them to a SERO plan. I'm not sure I would call this a scam, it was really just taking advantage of the fact that Sprint's customer service team is completely incompetent.
    I left VZW for Sprint because of SERO. I called a CS rep and asked if I could get it, he said yes.
    Sprint has gotten a customer who always pays his bill early, never calls CS or asks for more perks (with SERO, who needs to?) and has recommended their service to others. I've gotten 4 people to sign up for Sprint.
    I'm not asking for the world, all I want is to buy a Pre once I enter my contract renewal period ($150 discount after 22 months) and keep my existing plan.
    Is that unfair?
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Fine, but I think the "scam" (I like to think of it as a loophole...) was for existing Sprint customers to switch to a SERO plan - not new customers joining Sprint. Allowing existing customers to get SERO was never part of Sprint's intention, and lots of people (myself included) were able to get Sprint to switch them to a SERO plan. I'm not sure I would call this a scam, it was really just taking advantage of the fact that Sprint's customer service team is completely incompetent.
    Haha lucky for you, I tried many many times to get them to switch me, and they always refused.
  5. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I left VZW for Sprint because of SERO. I called a CS rep and asked if I could get it, he said yes.
    Sprint has gotten a customer who always pays his bill early, never calls CS or asks for more perks (with SERO, who needs to?) and has recommended their service to others. I've gotten 4 people to sign up for Sprint.
    I'm not asking for the world, all I want is to buy a Pre once I enter my contract renewal period ($150 discount after 22 months) and keep my existing plan.
    Is that unfair?
    I'm not sure if you meant to address this to me... maybe you misread/misinterpreted my post? I'm all for SERO no matter how you get it. (smoke 'em if you got 'em) It's the primary reason I've stuck with Sprint for the last 2+ years.

    My only point was that if there was any scamming going on (and I think scam is far too harsh a word for this), it was existing customers - like me - who called Sprint and asked to be put on the SERO plan even though that plan was only intended for new customers. If Sprint is truly disappointed that so many existing customers got switched to SERO, then it's their own fault for training their employees so poorly. However, my guess is that a large percentage of us on SERO (who technically shouldn't be) would have jumped ship by now anyway, so really it's a net gain for Sprint.
  6. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    I'm not sure if you meant to address this to me... maybe you misread/misinterpreted my post? I'm all for SERO no matter how you get it. (smoke 'em if you got 'em) It's the primary reason I've stuck with Sprint for the last 2+ years.

    My only point was that if there was any scamming going on (and I think scam is far too harsh a word for this), it was existing customers - like me - who called Sprint and asked to be put on the SERO plan even though that plan was only intended for new customers. If Sprint is truly disappointed that so many existing customers got switched to SERO, then it's their own fault for training their employees so poorly. However, my guess is that a large percentage of us on SERO (who technically shouldn't be) would have jumped ship by now anyway, so really it's a net gain for Sprint.
    Yeah, my bad, I quoted the wrong post.
  7. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Haha lucky for you, I tried many many times to get them to switch me, and they always refused.
    Yeah, that loophole closed fairly rapidly once Sprint realized what was going on. I was fortunate enough to get in early.
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    No offensive, you sound like a ****** bag here.
    Offense taken. Name calling and insults are the last refuge of those who feel threatened, and can't respond with facts, in my experience. Also rude and immature. I didn't call you names even though you come across like an arrogant a$$hole.

    I've been in the business world for 30 years. I think I have a pretty good idea how things work. And I'd be very, very surprised if final decisions have been made on how this phone will be marketed in 4 or 5 months. Most likely they have several proposals that are being considered, but a final decision won't be made until closer to release date, so they can make the decision on the most recent data possible. It would just be stupid to finalize a decision now, and then find out in 4 months that the economy is significantly different than it is now, or a new competitor has entered the market, or the price of the iPhone plan has been reduced, or any of dozens of other possible occurances.

    Of course, if the phone will be released in 30-45 days, then I agree with you. But since Palm has said there may be minor changes to the hardware form factor before release, that seems very unlikely.

    As for the Instinct, you're wrong there, too. I just checked, and I can "upgrade" my 755p to an Instinct for $99 with no plan change required. Just a 2 yr extension to my current plan. And I do NOT have an SE plan currently.

    Given that you're knowledge of EXISTING requirements is wrong, I don't think anyone should put much stock in your knowledge of future requirements. No offense intended.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by UGADawginVA View Post
    I think yall are fooling yourselves if you dont think Sprint will not require SE plans on the Pre.

    Look at the pub they are getting on this, and we all know how important ARPU is in this industry and Sprint is hurting.

    This is the vehicle in which they will accomplish raising the ARPU. Either keep your SERO/rentention plan with no Pre or pony up to the table with a higher cost of ownership with the Pre.
    Well, maybe. OTOH, Sprint needs to retain and attract as many customers as possible, or they're going to go out of business.

    I've seen a number of posts stating Sprint requires an SE plan for the Instinct. Not true. I checked, and I can "upgrade" my 755p to an instinct for $99, two year extension to my current (not SE) plan.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Well, maybe. OTOH, Sprint needs to retain and attract as many customers as possible, or they're going to go out of business.

    I've seen a number of posts stating Sprint requires an SE plan for the Instinct. Not true. I checked, and I can "upgrade" my 755p to an instinct for $99, two year extension to my current (not SE) plan.

    Your logic is flawed.

    The reason being is, as soon as you recieve the Instinct and call in to do an ESN swap, the Ensamble system (Sprin't database), will not allow the Instinct to be allowed on your plan.

    (and in this case, the Rep will ask if you wish to change your plan)
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Offense taken. Name calling and insults are the last refuge of those who feel threatened, and can't respond with facts, in my experience. Also rude and immature. I didn't call you names even though you come across like an arrogant a$$hole.
    Good. It's obvious you don't realize your own tone of smarkyness on the internet. It's fine, but don't get all pouty and "upset" when someone calls you out on it. And I can see you're on my level too, because you wouldn't lecture me on what offended you and then in the same breath call me a name... not that it bothers me. You're a nobody. But it shows how hypocritical you actually are. It's kind of cute.

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I've been in the business world for 30 years. I think I have a pretty good idea how things work. And I'd be very, very surprised if final decisions have been made on how this phone will be marketed in 4 or 5 months. Most likely they have several proposals that are being considered, but a final decision won't be made until closer to release date, so they can make the decision on the most recent data possible. It would just be stupid to finalize a decision now, and then find out in 4 months that the economy is significantly different than it is now, or a new competitor has entered the market, or the price of the iPhone plan has been reduced, or any of dozens of other possible occurances.
    Why should I trust your 30 years of experience? Maybe it was crappy experience? Maybe you have no clue what you're talking about... now do you understand how you come across? You're the guy, who sits on the internet and judges what everyone else says and it isn't "GOLD" unless you typed it.

    As far as the proposal on the table goes now... SIMPLY everything plans are required. Just like the instinct.

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Of course, if the phone will be released in 30-45 days, then I agree with you. But since Palm has said there may be minor changes to the hardware form factor before release, that seems very unlikely.
    Yes, agree with me. Because what I said was, things can change, but as of now, Sprint brass wants SE pricing for this phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    As for the Instinct, you're wrong there, too. I just checked, and I can "upgrade" my 755p to an Instinct for $99 with no plan change required. Just a 2 yr extension to my current plan. And I do NOT have an SE plan currently.
    Sure, go and order that phone as an upgrade. You can do it online. Then try to activate the ESN. The CS Rep will get this http://www.nextel.com/en/stores/inst..._details.shtml once they try to activate your phone. But, yeah... I guess I'm wrong. Go for it... business guy. Maybe you can get a supervisor to override it... but this is protocol. You can upgrade to any phone you like... you get suckered on the back end with the activation part.

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Given that you're knowledge of EXISTING requirements is wrong, I don't think anyone should put much stock in your knowledge of future requirements. No offense intended.
    Btw, go check my track record with "reporting" things. I won't puff my chest and say what I've been involved with in the past, it speaks for itself. At anyrate, I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think my source was credible.
    Last edited by Darth Pooh; 01/13/2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: quote issue
  12. #152  
    http://www.nextel.com/en/stores/inst..._details.shtml

    I posted this for him in another thread. He seems to know everything... and it isn't right unless he physically types it out. Don't bother correcting him... it's a waste.
  13. #153  
    why are people on here so ignorant and stupid seriously? SE plans there are 3 to choose from...and they dont complete they KILL AT&T and verizon...as they NAME says you get EVERYTHING unlimited tv radio music nav text pic mail video msg n non of them give u that....
  14. #154  
    Hotis,

    I agree, they are great plans, but they don't touch SERO plans either... so, I think people aren't ignorant as much as they are reluctant to pay more for essentially the same plan they already have.
  15. #155  
    I have a retention plan thats extremely cheap $50 for 1000 min , unlimited data,text,7pm,pictures,etc. I would like to add a pre to the line but if i cant I won't get mad at sprint. Like someone else posted their everything plans still beat ATT and Verizon! I don't lnow about tmobile but they barely have 3g and i don't consider them competition. Me personally I would rather have an uncrippled pre on my verizon line due to better service and clearer calls in my area. I keep the sprint plan around becuase its too cheap to leave and i tether with it :0
    Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6600 (Sprint) >Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6700 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (sprint) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Motorola Q (Verizon) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > XV6700 (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Treo 700wx > Blackberry 8703e > Dash > HTC 3125 > Treo 700wx > Motorola Q > HTC Hermes 8525 > Blackberry 8800 > Blackberry Curve > Treo 750 > Ubiquio 503g > Iphone > Wing > TyTn II > Q9 Global > Tilt > Ubiquio 503g
  16. #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Hotis,

    I agree, they are great plans, but they don't touch SERO plans either... so, I think people aren't ignorant as much as they are reluctant to pay more for essentially the same plan they already have.
    sero doesnt give navigation, premium tv or visual voicemail
  17. #157  
    Once again, I agree, but most SERO users here will tell you they don't want it either

    The thing is, if this has AGPS, I'd prefer to use the PALM Built in GPS program and not the Sprint Program (if they even install their own), this would require a data plan and not the GPS plan that Sprint offers. So things like GPS is moot.

    Visual Voicemail... meh, I personally can't even figure out what the hell it really is... it seems to have various implementations. Is it even available for WM smartphones? Premium TV, is a novelty, and buffer's awful... not even watchable at times.
  18. #158  
    YOUR KIDDING. I got so tired of the change in plans, I would pay full price for the phone with no contract and they still would change the plan to a higher rate, without even telling me. I have a business and would buy a few of them. I buy the phone, just leave me the heck alone!
  19. #159  
    Without even telling you? OK......
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Yeah, pay more than double than what I am right now ($30) for 50 less minutes a month.
    I want the Pre but not enough to pay almost $1,000 over 2 years.
    Sprint really doesn't want this thing to work do they?
    Make it easy, if you are already on Sprint, you can keep your existing plan and get the Pre for $250 after rebates.
    If you're porting from another wireless carrier, you have to get the SE plan and pay $150 for the Pre.
    Give your existing customers an incentive for sticking with you while millions of others bailed for the ATT iPhone or a VZW phone.
    wish they would do that, they do not do it for the Samsung, even forgot the name but they wanted SEP. It is still highly advertised, see it in the movie previews all the time.
Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions