View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071
Results 1,401 to 1,415 of 1415
  1. #1401  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I'm sooo using that site now. lol
  2. #1402  
    For what it's worth, I am posting my chat log from a conversation I had yesterday with a very helpful Sprint rep, who placed several add-ons to my account just for asking. Just for the hell of it, I asked about the Pre and Sero. I realize it is meaningless, yet she did seem rather sure of herself...

    05/15/2009 11:02:37AM Agent (Jordache): "You have another question?"

    05/15/2009 11:03:03AM Mark: "do you know if there will be a requirement for me to change plans when I buy the Palm Pre when it comes out next month"

    05/15/2009 11:03:56AM Agent (Jordache): "No, Mark, you would not require a plan change."

    05/15/2009 11:04:56AM Mark: "I know that for the Samsung Instinct, i was unable to get it, because it DID require a plan change. You are certain that I will not have to for the Palm Pre?"

    05/15/2009 11:05:18AM Agent (Jordache): "I am positive, Mark."

    05/15/2009 11:05:36AM Agent (Jordache): "I will even note your account, not to change your plan."

    05/15/2009 11:06:08AM Mark: "can you put a note on there saying that i do not require plan change for the Palm Pre?"

    05/15/2009 11:06:15AM Mark: "That would be great"

    05/15/2009 11:07:29AM Agent (Jordache): "I have dually noted your account, Mark."

    05/15/2009 11:07:49AM Mark: "thank you for your help"

    05/15/2009 11:08:04AM Agent (Jordache): "You are quite welcome."
  3. #1403  
    note of warning-Sprint archives their 'notes' every 3 months< so there might be a possibility that your 'note' may get lost. So recall them & confirm it's still there.
  4. #1404  
    Sprint has announced that the SERO will NOT work with Palm PRE. I don't want this to continue with every decent phone that comes out in the future

    SaveSERO.com to petition this decision
  5. #1405  
    seriously? this sero argument is getting annoying as anything....LIKE anything else if you want it follow the rules pay for it and get the newer sero...YOU STILL PAY LESS than EVERY regular sprint customer or any other company!!! you dont like it than switch...its like saying you want a ferrari but you still want to pay your $2 a gallon for regular unleaded...UH NO....you want the new toy you big the price that comes with it....NOTHING IS FOREVER
  6. #1406  
    I've got SERO and I am slowly realizing that no worth-having phone in the future is going to be SERO-compatible.
    Specifically, I'm resigned to the: HTC Touch PRO 2, Diamond 2, new G1 google phones, Palm Eos not being compatible with SERO.

    Oddly, I do not think that this policy has been made with SERO users in mind. If we are such a small minority of the customer base, then allowing us to have the Pre won't make a big difference either way, positive or negative. What I think that this policy is a result of is 1. All other companies are upselling people 2. Upselling works because we're all developing a lifestyle that is becoming more and more dependent on data plans.

    I don't think that it's a personal insult to SERO customers. I disagree with the business strategy vehemently, but I understand it.

    There is still a huge market for people who want the PDA but without the data plan. They are content to use wifi only for data, etc, but when they're out and about their day when they go to Home Depot or to the Mall or to the restaurant, all they need is a phone. See: ipod touch sales

    But what do I know, because I thought for sure that few people would shell out $70 for an iphone plan each month, but I see tons of teens shelling out for it and people who don't make all that much money with iphones all the time. So maybe this strategy does work.
  7. #1407  
    It's always taken personally when you hit people in the wallet, even if it isn't. You open that lack of data option and you see billing problems ensue. People that don't plan on using it end up using it casually even if by accident. Then they start getting these outrageous bills, then the customer service calls start and so on... Not saying it's a bad idea, but I can see why they'd want to get away from it. When you bundle all your perks together and still offer plans that are cheaper than the competition without the perks, you would think it would be a good thing.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  8. #1408  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    It's always taken personally when you hit people in the wallet, even if it isn't. You open that lack of data option and you see billing problems ensue. People that don't plan on using it end up using it casually even if by accident. Then they start getting these outrageous bills, then the customer service calls start and so on...
    ...
    .
    And then you're in the news because Grandma gave CrackHead Grandson her phone (because his was turned off), and he runs up a $7k bill, and it's suddenly your fault ("you" being the service provider) because you expect to be paid...
  9. #1409  
    wow....agreement...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  10. #1410  
    Take this with the proverbial grain of salt, but I truly believe the following plans will be offered to SERO customers under the re-named Everything Plus Referral Program:

    500 min, $59.99
    1000 min, $79.99

    No corporate / affiliation discounts.

    I got this from what I believe is a credible source.
    I'm willing to pay double my current plan to get the Pre, but I will lose my 20% discount that somehow got added to my SERO account. Oh well, that's the price you pay for a sweet phone.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  11. #1411  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Take this with the proverbial grain of salt, but I truly believe the following plans will be offered to SERO customers under the re-named Everything Plus Referral Program:

    500 min, $59.99
    1000 min, $79.99

    No corporate / affiliation discounts.

    I got this from what I believe is a credible source.
    I'm willing to pay double my current plan to get the Pre, but I will lose my 20% discount that somehow got added to my SERO account. Oh well, that's the price you pay for a sweet phone.
    This is fact, I've had 2 Sprint CS reps and 1 in store rep tell me all SERO subs out of contract can get the EPRP and get the Pre.
    But it can't be done in store.
    I'm doing mine on June 3.
  12. #1412  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    This is fact, I've had 2 Sprint CS reps and 1 in store rep tell me all SERO subs out of contract can get the EPRP and get the Pre.
    But it can't be done in store.
    I'm doing mine on June 3.
    Thanks for backing me up. I was expecting an uprising. Villagers with torches and pitch forks.
    How'd you come by the date of 6/3?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  13. #1413  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Thanks for backing me up. I was expecting an uprising. Villagers with torches and pitch forks.
    How'd you come by the date of 6/3?
    I too thought your belief was correct. I even looked at using the Russ McGuire email and ID that was posted months ago.

    However, the CS Rep I talked to didn't know what I was talking about, and then we looked at what I had.)

    I get to keep my 15% discount (even though I haven't worked at that hospital in about 5 years), so I got the Everything Data 3000 shared plan at $169.99 - 15% - that's $144.49

    the Everything Plus had a shared plan of 3200 minutes at $149.99 . We'd get 200 minutes (that we'll probably never use, we were previously on a 2500 minute plan) for $5 more (no discounts on Everything Plus.

    I think Scary's right, but I think folks need to look closely at what's being offered:

    1. It fits with the "nudge SERO up" pricing. Cheaper than "list", but still higher than SERO
    2. Because it has no discounts, and it's only marginally cheaper, it would pay folks to look closely at what discounts are available to non-Everything Plus plans
  14. #1414  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Thanks for backing me up. I was expecting an uprising. Villagers with torches and pitch forks.
    How'd you come by the date of 6/3?
    Well, why should I give up SERO and pay more until the Pre comes out?
    I talked to a Sprint rep about it.
    If I do it June 3, that's plenty of time for it to take effect, if it comes out June 5, definitely by the 6th.
    BTW, that new post on precentral.net definitely confirms what I said.
  15. #1415  
    Sorry to burst your bubble guys but the Pre will not work on SERO plans according to the latest leaked memo:

    *Due to my post count I can not post the link. PM me if you want it to post it.*



    Looks like I wont be getting a Pre.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions