View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
    I would also like to add I have been with Sprint since the Treo 600 and have had no issues with them. They take care of me.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    I've recently changed my plan from a 1400 family share plan ($129) to the 1500 Everything Data Plan and am actually saving money and getting more.
    I get Unlimtied data (the $25 dollar vision plan)
    I get sprint nav ($10)
    unlimeted text ($15)
    granted those of you who scammed a Sero account might hurt if you have to change plans. But mostly everybody else might actually get a little more for less because they packaged everything together.
    No one "scammed a sero." Sero being opened to everyone up was an intentional viral social marketing campaign when sprint was hemorrhaging customers and about to otherwise die. Sprint was so desperate it offered free unlimted data and free text to almost all those sero people. No one sells 5 million new lines by accident. ok?

Other people are on discounted family plans because they stuck with sprint while everyone else defected and were offered discount top stay.

Sprint absolutely was the single lead carrier in opposing number porting, and when number porting became available, giving people held hostage by their number an option, they started to free fall in market share. They also are the lead company opposing prorated ETF for the same reason.

Other people have things like 20% "employee" discounts which were offered because without it Sprint would not have gotten referral. My last comapny had 10% discount on verizon and 20% discount on sprint and almost everyone went with verizon.

This idea that people with sprint discoutns or goodlegacy plans based on their say 10 or eigh year history with springt, paying bills on time, not costing the sevel hudred dollar marekting, accoutn assingment and start up costs of new linesare are scamming is not serious. without those people sprint would have been dead long ago.

I don't see a single person here saying: I have sero and I deserve this phone." The issue is whether or not it will be available to Sero or other family plans as with all smartphones but one, or whether they will use the mode they used for the last "iphone killer" to upsell to the higher priced plan. It is
    a legitimate question and discussion.

By the way you were paying about $50 a month more for your plan than you needed to. You would have gotten an offer for lower pricing or some discounts only by paying your bill on time.

Did the sprint rep tell you that nav is $10 a month? it shows as a $5 a month add on my plan. unlimited text is $15 mine is free on threelines and $5 on others. i got it by asking.

Please don't call customers sprint need to retain to survive and offered good deals "scammers" if it weren't for those loyal customers you and I would be at ATT or Verizon because there would be no sprint.

We are all excited Sprint may get another chance not to die. it bad numbers to this point is numbers, negative growth, negative market share, high loss to other carriers is good for no one.
    You're so emotional man. It's just the interwebz... relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    .... the Simply Everything plans are very competitive with AT&T and Verizon.
    VERY competitive!... On the Sprint commercial (or maybe it was on the Pre keynote, I'm not sure) , they state that a single user on an Unlimited Simply Everything plan will save $480/year over AT&T or Verizon. On my calculator, it is more like a $720/year savings.

Sprint Everything Unlimited = $100
    Verizon unlimited talk ($100), data ($30), texting ($20), nav ($10) = $160
    AT&T is the same on my iPhone. I'm assuming if you were on a 3G Blackberry or Centro on AT&T and signed up for navigation, it is probably $10.

I also realize that the data plans on Verizon (don't know about AT&T) are $15 less if it's not a smartphone. Bottom line though... If comparing unlimited everything plans on a smartphone/Blackberry, it is $100 at Sprint, $160 at Verizon, and I think $160 at AT&T (don't know with certainty about the navigation cost). $60x12 = $720 annually. Any way you look at it, that is a good deal on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    No one "scammed a sero." Sero being opened to everyone up was an intentional viral social marketing campaign when sprint was hemorrhaging customers and about to otherwise die. Sprint was so desperate it offered free unlimted data and free text to almost all those sero people. No one sells 5 million new lines by accident. ok?

Other people are on discounted family plans because they stuck with sprint while everyone else defected and were offered discount top stay.

Sprint absolutely was the single lead carrier in opposing number porting, and when number porting became available, giving people held hostage by their number an option, they started to free fall in market share. They also are the lead company opposing prorated ETF for the same reason.

Other people have things like 20% "employee" discounts which were offered because without it Sprint would not have gotten referral. My last comapny had 10% discount on verizon and 20% discount on sprint and almost everyone went with verizon.

This idea that people with sprint discoutns or goodlegacy plans based on their say 10 or eigh year history with springt, paying bills on time, not costing the sevel hudred dollar marekting, accoutn assingment and start up costs of new linesare are scamming is not serious. without those people sprint would have been dead long ago.

I don't see a single person here saying: I have sero and I deserve this phone." The issue is whether or not it will be available to Sero or other family plans as with all smartphones but one, or whether they will use the mode they used for the last "iphone killer" to upsell to the higher priced plan. It is
    a legitimate question and discussion.

By the way you were paying about $50 a month more for your plan than you needed to. You would have gotten an offer for lower pricing or some discounts only by paying your bill on time.

Did the sprint rep tell you that nav is $10 a month? it shows as a $5 a month add on my plan. unlimited text is $15 mine is free on threelines and $5 on others. i got it by asking.

Please don't call customers sprint need to retain to survive and offered good deals "scammers" if it weren't for those loyal customers you and I would be at ATT or Verizon because there would be no sprint.

We are all excited Sprint may get another chance not to die. it bad numbers to this point is numbers, negative growth, negative market share, high loss to other carriers is good for no one.

Actually I get a 22% employee discount through my wifes employer.

As far as Sero goes it's intended for people who actually know a person working for sprint. Just because everybody and his brother managed to figure out the fact that the people answering the phones don't truely care to check and see if this is true doesn't make it any more right to do so. But it's human nature to scam. It's not like sprint disabled certain email addresses due to too many Sero's. Because if they had, that would actually mean that they didn't want people to sign up for a Sero plan. Oh wait they did do that didn't they. And of course now they require an email address and a pin to get Sero.

I believe theres been a few threads on who could get the best deal by calling Sprint multiple times until they got what they wanted. Of course Sprint ended up firing some of these customers. I remember the uproar. Sprint just canceled my contract cuz I called CS too many times. Granted some people had legitimate concerns when they made their calls and got fired.

Don't get mad at me I'm just calling it the way I see it.

Oviously they are going to require a data plan with the Pre. Most of the phones features are useless without it. Most people with Treos have one. Those whom sprint has offered special deals to out of the kindness of there hearts (IE the good customers) have a right to be concerned. But I'm guessing that sprint knows these are their good customers and they'll be handled on a case by case basis.

As far as prices go. my bad I thought sprint nav/telenav was 9.99 a month.

I was only getting Vision basic on 3 phones ($15 a pop), 300 text messages on 2 phones ($5 a pop) now for about $5 less a month I'm getting 100 more minutes and unlimited text and basically their premium vision plan from the looks of it and sprint nav. So I'm happy.

All together now I'm pay about $150 a month for 3 phones after all taxes and fees. Which is better than the 39.99 Sero plan on 3 different phones.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I have a smartphone without an SE plan. And Palm will let me upgrade to another smartphone without changing plans. Believing ANYTHING Sprint CS rep says at this time is like believing in Santa Claus. Until and unless Sprint publishes it's plan and policies CS reps are just guessing. I think it's quite possible that new customers will be forced to sign up for an SE plan. I think it unlikely existing customers will be forced to change plans.
    I hope you're right.
    Only time will tell.
    It will be tough to hold out if the Pre requires SE, but in these times, I literally can't afford to give up my SERO 500 plan.
    First off, they changed the plan and charged more. Secondly, you can still get the new Sero. Third of all, if sprint real thought of it as a scam they would have never let it go on for years. They would have audit everyone on the Sero plan and make them verify the Sprint employee and would have terminated all the unauthorized sero user if they thought it was a scam.

Since when did the old Sero cost 39.99? That's new to me.
    As mentioned previously, no one scammed sprint. The sero program and email addresses were made public. Emails like savings@sprint.com were published to allow general public into the program. thoughts to the contrary are just inaccurate. Even still Russ McGuire I believe V.P. of marketing has published his email with his code on his blog to allow users into the SERO replacement plan of Everything Plus.

SERO was a great deal whose time has come to pass, but it was not because people scammed the system.
    Sprint even allows you to get the old sero plans today if you wanted to. If they despise it so much, why would they continue to let you get the discontinued plan today? Where's the logic in that?
    I stand corrected on Sero. Here I thought when I was looking into it I was getting in on a good scam. I guess if the VP of marketing himself is giving out the information to every tom, ****, and harry and still has his job, then noone could have scammed Sero. Yep he still has it. and darn still no family plans. 1500 shared everything data plan is still cheaper than the 3 500 everything plus refererral. I think Sero is a scam to get people to think they are getting in on a good teal. In fact I think you have been. I guess if you are a single user it might be worth it. those of us with multiple phones Sero just doesn't seem to cut it.

What was Sero's price then. I thought it was 39.99. really cheap for alot of minutes and unlimited data.

But I see no disagreements with those that continuously call sprint until they get the deal they want no being "scammers".
    I stand corrected on Sero. Here I thought when I was looking into it I was getting in on a good scam. I guess if the VP of marketing himself is giving out the information to every tom, ****, and harry and still has his job, then noone could have scammed Sero. Yep he still has it. and darn still no family plans. 1500 shared everything data plan is still cheaper than the 3 500 everything plus refererral. I think Sero is a scam to get people to think they are getting in on a good teal. In fact I think you have been. I guess if you are a single user it might be worth it. those of us with multiple phones Sero just doesn't seem to cut it.

What was Sero's price then. I thought it was 39.99. really cheap for alot of minutes and unlimited data.

But I see no disagreements with those that continuously call sprint until they get the deal they want no being "scammers".
    It's 30 flat. You don't call sprint to get the deal. But yea... keep spilling out all the nonsense of yours.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    I guess if you are a single user it might be worth it. those of us with multiple phones Sero just doesn't seem to cut it.

So my $30.00 plan that gives me 450 minutes...nights and weekends at 7pm, unlimited text, and unlimited data MIGHT be worth it? When you find an offer close to that lemme know!

I got mine with savings@sprint.com...pretty tough code to crack. Thank you to the posters on here that saved me a ton of money through this amazing deal BTW...and I'm sure sprint makes tons of money off me because I doubt I'm getting my moneys worth.
    hmm $30 I was $10 off not bad for something I last looked at more than 2 years ago. that seems almost better than the current sero which is 59.99 500 minutes unlimited data and text w/ nav.
    Believing ANYTHING Sprint CS rep says at this time is like believing in Santa Claus.
    What's wrong with Santa?
    Yeah, it does seem almost better, BY HALF!!!. Hence the SIMPLY DOUBLE moniker.
    Gentleman,

I don't think this conversation will extend beyond the hostility. It might be in everyone's best interest to keep their thoughts on their plans to themselves in the interest of talking about the PRE & SE plans. Personally, I have it on a very solid source, that SE-type plans will be required to activate the PRE. You can't buy one at full price or on ebay and expect to activate it unless your account reflects the accurate plan. From what I've been told, this is for all customers, old and new.
    And we're supposed to accept your inside knowledge with no idea what the source is? Or even how high-up in Sprint that source is? I seriously doubt those decision have even been finalized yet.

Sprint can't afford to alienate customers. They've lost millions of customers over the last few years. The need to attract new ones, not drive them away with high priced plans. And the need to sell a ton of Pre's, to a broad spectrum of customers, not just the relative few junkies who are willing to spend whatever it takes to have the latest.

If existing customers are forced to double their monthly expenitures to get a Pre, I suspect there will be a lot of Pre's sitting in warehouses.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    And we're supposed to accept your inside knowledge with no idea what the source is? Or even how high-up in Sprint that source is? I seriously doubt those decision have even been finalized yet.
    No offensive, you sound like a ****** bag here. First off, I never said you or anyone else needed to believe me. Just take it for what it's worth, but consider this, they thought the instinct was worthy of a SE plan (still do) and you think they don't? Most information is coming directly from CES and Sprint Representatives there. Let me put it this way, any time I've posted on "speculation" posts, my information has been fairly dead on... there is a reason for that. What I am trying to say is, I wouldn't have bothered posting some "random" CS rep drivel. And if you think it hasn't been decided (or finalized) you don't know anything about business practice. I am not saying it can't change, but trust me, as of today they know whether they want to or not apply the SE limitation. They have a "game plan" as of today. Don't be so naive.

Sprint can't afford to alienate customers. They've lost millions of customers over the last few years. The need to attract new ones, not drive them away with high priced plans. And the need to sell a ton of Pre's, to a broad spectrum of customers, not just the relative few junkies who are willing to spend whatever it takes to have the latest.
    Really? You don't think Sprint will make a poor business decision? They are hemorrhaging for a reason man... they won't just all of a sudden start making SMART decisions. This phone isn't Sprint's brain child, it fell on their lap because PALM had to do something about their position. Don't think that the PALM PRE turning things around (for Palm) relates into Sprint doing the same.

If existing customers are forced to double their monthly expenitures to get a Pre, I suspect there will be a lot of Pre's sitting in warehouses.
    Just like the Instinct is now, but it did initially sell out... then of course people found out what a crap phone it was within the first month or two. This lead to sales plummeting, not because of the SE plan.
    I'm paying 172 a month for unlimited everything at at&t with this iphone. Sprint is much cheaper. BTW..i love getting nickeled and dimed by at&t for upgrading plans. An upgrade fee? If i wanted to lower it, they'd charge another fee. Sprint has never done that to me.

My wife has a 99 dollar sprint plan and we got a centro on loan to someone that's on the 30 SERO plan.

So yep, that iphone is history.

Another thing commonly misunderstood is that sprint doesn't require a 99 plan for the instinct or even for the Pre. It's around 59 i thought for the lowest one. Still double the original 30.00 sero plan though but still superior to at&t's since it includes text.

Then there's the network itself. Sprint's is much better and its faster.
    Yeah, you just need to get a SIMPLY plan from what I can tell... Including the SIMPLY SHARED (DATA and higher, the messaging one won't cut it, unless you add the $30 VISION PRO package to the line that has the PRE/Instinct).
Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast