View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1415
    Oh, good...I was getting worried that a thread on this subject wouldn't be rehashed yet again today.

Whew!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Let me call the WAAAAmbulance for you guys... You don't like it, go to AT&T or Verizon. I love how people who pay around $45 a month think that Sprint cares about keeping them as customers. It's about business.... and you're not worth it to them.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Let me call the WAAAAmbulance for you guys... You don't like it, go to AT&T or Verizon. I love how people who pay around $45 a month think that Sprint cares about keeping them as customers. It's about business.... and you're not worth it to them.
    I was gonna put in my two cents but I think this is better than I could have said it.

keep in mind, sprint is still cheaper than ATT and verizon.

If you guys don't get your plan, thats fine, sprint will stop loosing so much money because of you folks... Greedy, I say.
    I love lolcats
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    and what the hell is wrong with paying $45 a month?!

so the new era these days is to pay $99 a month?

sprint has a large capacity network., they make money on every customer whether you pay $99 or $40. the only difference is you weren't around when the deals were better!
    I hope this thread dissolves into another SERO debate.

We need more of those.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Close this thread now please.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    What about guys that have a third party retail employee plan: $20 a month for 3000 anytime, unlimited night and weekends, data & txting?
    So if you guys can't get the Pre on your cheap plans you are going to leave to another company and pay more than what sprint was asking?!

That sounds like a smart move.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4ftw View Post
    and what the hell is wrong with paying $45 a month?!

so the new era these days is to pay $99 a month?

sprint has a large capacity network., they make money on every customer whether you pay $99 or $40. the only difference is you weren't around when the deals were better!
    Actually, it's funny that you say that... I've been with Sprint for 6 years and I'm on a great retentions plan. 4 lines, 2500 shared minutes, NW at 6, Data, Texts, and One line with BIS.

But, if they tell me that I can't stay on the plan, I'll move on to whatever they offer me to keep my business. Between my 4 personal lines, two air cards, and two business phones, Sprint wants to keep me. They don't really care about you. Because I generate ALOT more business as one person than five people on their SERO plans.

So, who do you think they're going to cater to? Let me know how the iPhone on ATT works for you. You'll love it. I hear they have a great SERO plan. It runs about $93 a month after taxes. Enjoy.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I hope this thread dissolves into another SERO debate.

We need more of those.
    Yeah I was wondering if my SERO plan would work....
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    ...Sprint is trying to short change the little people ..
    I'm 5' 11", 170lbs. Does that make me a little person, or a big person? Want to make sure, so I'll know if Sprint's trying to short change me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    well - I see both sides of this story.

However, the point not being made is that things do keep getting more expensive, much for the same things.

Think Yankee tickets.

At some point, enough is enough. When I started, you could have a line with a 300 mins for $30 - now, it seems like you have to spend $100 - what gives!

The point is, though, I am sure Sprint will try to push as many people as they can into higher plans. Best thing to do is wait. They'll have leverage with early adopters - another reason to wait.
    I got on a waiting list earlier today and the sales rep recommended I NOT get the simply everything plan for the Pre.
    I'm not a current Sprint customer, so I don't know the details on all the plans but he said that there's something similar to the Simply Everything but has specific minutes (450 or 900).

He suggested I get one of those as the 900 minute plan would be $10 cheaper and then I get a %15 / mo discount from my job.

He said the Simply Everything is already discounted so they can't apply the corporate discount to it so I'd be saving a bunch of money going the other route.

So it sounds like the unlimited Simply Everything plan is not required.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    I got on a waiting list earlier today and the sales rep recommended I NOT get the simply everything plan for the Pre.
    I'm not a current Sprint customer, so I don't know the details on all the plans but he said that there's something similar to the Simply Everything but has specific minutes (450 or 900).

He suggested I get one of those as the 900 minute plan would be $10 cheaper and then I get a %15 / mo discount from my job.

He said the Simply Everything is already discounted so they can't apply the corporate discount to it so I'd be saving a bunch of money going the other route.

I don't think there's anyone (that's well-informed) proposing that the Simply Everything plan is required. There are several that are proposing that an Everything (no "Simply" attached) data plan is.

The Everything Data plan does not include unlimted voice, only unlimited data (and some other data packages). Simply Everything is unlimeted voice and data.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I just tried to upgrade my phone through the SERO site. And at the very last step, it gave me a pop-up saying that "I may need to change my plan" or add the "Pro pack" to take "full advantage" of the Touch Diamond I was trying to get. The pop-up linked to this webpage: About plans for this phone. It basically focused on the mail-in rebate part, saying that in order to qualify for the rebate, I must have (Sprint.com's text):

PDA, BlackBerry and smartphones - Requires one of the following plans or add-ons:
    Simply Everything or Simply Everything Family plan
    Everything Data or Everything Data Family plan
    Data Premier Add-on
    PRO Pack Add-on
    The pop-up text:

You may need to change your plan
    This price is after a mail-in rebate. To receive your rebate and maximize your phone's potential, you'll need to be on one of the following plans:

• Simply Everything® or Simply Everything Family
    • Everything Data or Everything Data Family
    • Business Essentials with Messaging and Data

See plan details

If you aren't already on one of the plans above, you'll need the following add-on:

• Pro Pack

You'll be able to change your plan or add-ons when you activate your phone
    I believe this update is part of the Sprint.com update (sprint.com's customer login feature has been down for more than a day). I also believe that the same items will apply to the Pre.

So, yes SERO customers will be able to get the Pre, but they'll have to add the "Pro Pack" which according to the pop-up URL I linked to above costs $30.

However, I did note that the pop-up when upgrading to the Instinct still told me that I will need to change to an Everything Plan. (About plans for this phone) Note that the Instinct pop-up does not list the "Pro pack" as an option.
    Last edited by haydur; 05/14/2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't think there's anyone (that's well-informed) proposing that the Simply Everything plan is required. There are several that are proposing that an Everything (no "Simply" attached) data plan is.

The Everything Data plan does not include unlimted voice, only unlimited data (and some other data packages). Simply Everything is unlimeted voice and data.
    Haha.. take a deep breath.

Thanks for the useful info in the second paragraph, as the first one is just a rant.
    Haha.. take a deep breath.

Thanks for the useful info in the second paragraph, as the first one is just a rant.
    Not a rant, just pointing out that I don't think anyone has made the claim that you must have the Simply Everything plan. Your quote below seemed to imply that you were under the impression that it was a requirement. There has been some confusion (including my own, initially) about the "Everyting" plans.

It's funny that I've spoken to two Sprint employees who both have used the term Simply Everything 'Plans' (plural). For whatever reason they haven't picked up on the fact that 'Everything Plans' works much better to describe the 450 and 900 minute plans and leaving the SE terminology for the $99 plan. From the launch of the Everything Plans to the first Pre posts on Inside Sprint, Sprint people are commonly using the Simply Everything term for the defined minute packages. I have a feeling they'll quickly learn to use the terminology established online of EPs for $69 / $89 and SE for $99.
    What is it?
    What exactly is SERO??
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Oh my god. Please search.