View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 175762636465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1415
  1. #1321  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Did I miss the announcement by Sprint that outlines which plans will be available with the Pre?
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think the wording about the Pre on Sprint's web site has changed. This is definitely the wording, but not sure if it's changed. I think last week it simply said "Data plan required", not "unlimited" or "bundle".

    Anyway, now it says:

    "Use of this device requires providing a valid email address, mobile phone number, and related information for account set-up and activiation. Use of selected unlimited data bundle plans will be reuquired."

    (My emphasis added).
  2. #1322  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    He's referring to the Inside Sprint posting from a few days ago. She provides a list of the plans that the Pre will work with. You're right in that Sprint has not yet confirmed it, although whoever is posting on that site has been dead on with their coverage. I and many others are fairly certain she's reporting established policy but simply prior to its official announcement.
    I do not think SERO customers deserve Pre but I don't think your statement is exactly accurate.

    I have seen prior Spirnt announcements exactly like that in the past and they are referring to people getting new plans, not to people on existing plans.

    I had zero problem placing an instinct for my kid on an existing but no longer avoidable to new sign-ups Friends and Family plan despite identical language.

    I think a lot will depend on your length of term and other metrics of value to Sprint.

    And I think you are forgetting that Sprint has always allowed people to continue existing plans and renew them at contract price despite them no longer being available to new sign ups -- and has jury rigged things to acomidate good customers. Also they over and over claim they will no longer offer discoutns and then break that pledge over and over.

    By the way I posted on the same day as the announcement of the Pre in January that Hesse was signaling everything plans would be required for new signups. It is clearly their signaled intent as far back as January to use Pre to push lower ARPU customers up.

    But Sprint's numbers have sunk even further since then -- and it just depends on market considerations. If Spirnt CDMA pre supply moves ahead of demand, lots of things will be done, including possibly people on SERO getting it. If Pre availability is lower than demand, due either to slow production, or Sprint knocking one out of the park and becoming competitive once again, then they will hold steady on their up selling plans and perhaps extend that to other top handsets as well.
    Last edited by aero; 05/11/2009 at 01:08 PM.
  3. #1323  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I repeat:

    If you're legitimately entitled to SERO or to a corporate discount (and I am on the latter), enjoy it. It's a great perk. But it is not AN ENTITLEMENT. You are not entitled to get the Pre at the price you want on the plan you want with the features you want. Sprint is not Priceline.com.
    I think we all know that. But you would have to label anyone who voluntarily switches their plan without trying to get it on SERO an *****. I've already accepted a move to a shared everything plan but I'm going to try to hold onto SERO as long as possible
    Last edited by nojok3; 05/11/2009 at 03:12 PM.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  4. #1324  
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    I think we all know that. But you would have to label anyone who voluntarily switchs their plan without trying to get it on SERO. I've already accepted a move to a shared everything plan but I'm going to try to hold onto SERO as long as possible
    That's one of the few balanced (in my opinion) views on the subject. However, while not alone, I don't think your view is held by many (if not most) of the SERO plan holders (and even holders of other discount plans). It seems to me that there is a consensus that they should be able to continue with the old plan on the new phone.

    My personal preference would be that I get to continue to use my current plan. However, I don't think I will.

    I don't think it's unfair, and I don't think it's a bad business plan.
  5. #1325  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That's one of the few balanced (in my opinion) views on the subject. However, while not alone, I don't think your view is held by many (if not most) of the SERO plan holders (and even holders of other discount plans). It seems to me that there is a consensus that they should be able to continue with the old plan on the new phone.

    My personal preference would be that I get to continue to use my current plan. However, I don't think I will.

    I don't think it's unfair, and I don't think it's a bad business plan.
    Considering all the money I'll still be saving with Sprint I can't complain.

    Its the same as if people with the SERO plan were forced to add a Blackberry Data plan for using a Blackberry. Not included with SERO.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  6. #1326  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That's one of the few balanced (in my opinion) views on the subject. However, while not alone, I don't think your view is held by many (if not most) of the SERO plan holders (and even holders of other discount plans). It seems to me that there is a consensus that they should be able to continue with the old plan on the new phone.

    My personal preference would be that I get to continue to use my current plan. However, I don't think I will.

    I don't think it's unfair, and I don't think it's a bad business plan.
    I was able to keep my SERO when I moved to the Treo Pro. The only thing I can't take advantage of is Sprint's Navigation option, but my car has GPS already installed in it, so it's not that big of a deal. I will always try to keep my plan, no matter which phone I move to and when I do it. I signed a two year agreement when I got the Pro, so it looks like I can have it for at least another two years.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  7. #1327  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I was able to keep my SERO when I moved to the Treo Pro. The only thing I can't take advantage of is Sprint's Navigation option, but my car has GPS already installed in it, so it's not that big of a deal. I will always try to keep my plan, no matter which phone I move to and when I do it. I signed a two year agreement when I got the Pro, so it looks like I can have it for at least another two years.

    Can't you simply add Nav for $5 to the plan?

    Thats another way I'm justifying paying $10 extra, I'll be getting free Nav with Shared Everything
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  8. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #1328  
    200 dollars being offered for Sero? How did you manage that?
  9. #1329  
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Can't you simply add Nav for $5 to the plan?

    Thats another way I'm justifying paying $10 extra, I'll be getting free Nav with Shared Everything
    The cost to add was $9.95/month for me. Since I already have turn-by-turn for free on my car's I just didn't feel I need it. Especially since Googl maps works just fine.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  10. #1330  
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Can't you simply add Nav for $5 to the plan?

    Thats another way I'm justifying paying $10 extra, I'll be getting free Nav with Shared Everything
    I think adding nav to sero is like $15 more.
  11. #1331  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I think adding nav to sero is like $15 more.
    It worked for the first few days, then I started getting a message on the phone that I needed to sign up for it at $9.95/month. I never talked to a live body, I just quit using the app.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  12. #1332  
    This should ad some fuel to the fire re: SERO and the Pre. Flame on!

    Gizmodo - WSJ: Unlimited Data Phone Plans Are Doomed Thanks to the iPhone - iPhone
  13. ray1b's Avatar
    Posts
    431 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #1333  
    Here is the original WSJ link.

    Network Demands Are iPhone Hang-Up - WSJ.com
  14. #1334  
    It is the same crap the cable companies are trying to push in regards to how much their 'mean old customers who actually want to use the unlimited data plans they pay for'. Data gets cheaper to deliver every year. Despite these so called 'out of control data costs' AT&T managed to be one of the most profitable companies in the US last year. Boo hoo.
  15. TPavey's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #1335  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    It is the same crap the cable companies are trying to push in regards to how much their 'mean old customers who actually want to use the unlimited data plans they pay for'. Data gets cheaper to deliver every year. Despite these so called 'out of control data costs' AT&T managed to be one of the most profitable companies in the US last year. Boo hoo.
    Just like despite increased oil costs and healthcare costs oil companies and health insurance companies were the most profitable industries. There is no relation between the cost and the "value" according to these companies. If people are using it, they will increase their profit margins. Like it or hate it, that is how it works here in the US.
  16. #1336  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    Just like despite increased oil costs and healthcare costs oil companies and health insurance companies were the most profitable industries. There is no relation between the cost and the "value" according to these companies. If people are using it, they will increase their profit margins. Like it or hate it, that is how it works here in the US.
    Off-topic, but you're using mixed terminology. The oil companies are not experiencing increased profit margin, only increased profit.
  17. #1337  
    All I have to say is **** the iPhone and Apple Ruining the phone market just like they did in the computer market. Flame on!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  18. TPavey's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #1338  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Off-topic, but you're using mixed terminology. The oil companies are not experiencing increased profit margin, only increased profit.
    Correct. My last sentence was just a general comment toward business models. Not everything follows that formula. That said, I'm betting the profit margins are higher now than they were when gasoline hit $2 per gallon the first time.
  19. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #1339  
    Nav: There are cooked WM ROMs out there with built in Sprint TeleNav. I don't exactly how it works, but it does and you don't have to subscribe to Sprint's Nav plan. The app is pretty neat in that it redirects you based on traffic patterns (if you want). But I prefer Google Mobile since it's faster and I can launch it from M2D. It doesn't yet do turn by turn, but I have a car GPS if I need directions that specific.

    Money for SERO: Yes, $200 for SERO is easily possible. Just post it on a cell contract trading site and specify that you are selling it, not simply off-loading the commitment.
  20. #1340  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Proof please?

    Official statement from sprint, or try activating a pre yourself, are the only ways you can know for sure.
    haydur has created threads like this over and over... don't worry yourself with those comments against SERO.

    No one knows for sure, but I'm sure I will be able to get sero on my pre.... I would not worry about it...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions