View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 66 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16566162636465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1415
  1. #1301  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    The other side of the argument is equally laughable. To say that morality or ethics should come into play needs to take a step back. I would be willing to bet that 90% of the higher level folks at Sprint have cheated financially in some way on their way to millions.
    Preach on, brother. Just like those dirty suits in the entertainment industry should give me the moral justification for downloading any movie or song I want free of charge. And hey...politicians are crooked, so why pay taxes right? Isn't moral relativism fun? Wheeeee.....

    I may not be entitled to a cheap plan, but they certainly aren't entitled to my money. If the system allows me to get a certain plan legally, than I am going to take it without any ethical reservations.

    There are plenty of other injustices in the world/country that are worthy of championing. This is not one of them. So can we please stop with all of this SERO crap?
    As I said before, if you have SERO, you should enjoy it. It's a nice perk. But if you weren't legitimately referred, it's a sham contract whether Sprint is policing it or not.
  2. TPavey's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #1302  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Preach on, brother. Just like those dirty suits in the entertainment industry should give me the moral justification for downloading any movie or song I want free of charge. And hey...politicians are crooked, so why pay taxes right? Isn't moral relativism fun? Wheeeee.....
    Your overuse of hyperbole when making arguments does nothing to improve them. I stated that people who obtained the plan in a legal manner should not be worried about the ethical implications. Your examples are plainly illegal and are invalid counterpoints.
  3. #1303  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    Your overuse of hyperbole when making arguments does nothing to improve them. I stated that people who obtained the plan in a legal manner should not be worried about the ethical implications. Your examples are plainly illegal and are invalid counterpoints.
    It's funny that you see a direct analogue as "hyperbole" and then confuse legality and morality. I am not and have not been arguing about the legality of SERO.

    And YOU are the one using "90 percent of the higher level folks at Sprint cheating financially" as some bizarre justification. Not only is it a vague, immeasurable strawman that has no basis in reality, but it also has no bearing on this discussion. If 100 percent of the "higher level folks at Sprint" were child-murdering priest punchers, it still doesn't make you attempting to deceive them any more justified.
  4. #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I think you mean a thread about "retaining their own plan," which is NOT what this thread is about. It's about acquiring the Pre on a plan that Sprint does not offer it on. There are no authoritarian tendencies needed to see that simple truth.

    I mean, resistance? What are you resisting? No one is threatening your plan. There's no force moving against you. It's a delusion.



    Wow....just wow. What's next? Gibson references?

    You "oppose" Sprint's policy simply because you believe you are entitled to the Pre on whatever plan you see fit, much as I might believe that despite paying for basic cable, I really should actually have all of the channels, shouldn't I?
    What's the irresistible draw that lures you to SERO posts? It is about people retaining their plans. What's more, although I don't have a SERO plan, it's something that affects all non-EPers. It may work for you, but clearly, it doesn't work for a lot of the users on here. So you can throw some narcissism in there for good meaures.

    Yes, I love the fact that you used a cable reference. Folks with unlimited plans is the equivalent of your cable company telling you although you have HD service, you have to upgrade your plan because you bought a new TV. It's great that the best comparison you can come up with clearly shows how ridiculous this new plan change really is.
  5. #1305  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    ...
    Yes, I love the fact that you used a cable reference. Folks with unlimited plans is the equivalent of your cable company telling you although you have HD service, you have to upgrade your plan because you bought a new TV. It's great that the best comparison you can come up with clearly shows how ridiculous this new plan change really is.
    No, not quite.

    It'ls more like the cable company offering a new TV with new features that is only available from them, and you can only get that TV if you update to their service that includes HD.
  6. #1306  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    ...
    The second discussion, and the one that you commented on, is who was could get the SERO in the first place. Between the way that Sprint handled the program and they way in which they policed the contracts, it is quite obvious that they were okay with so many people getting the plan.
    ...
    No argument on my part, except that Sprint being "Okay" with it still doesn't make it an entitlement. Sprint can offer it, and then rescind the offer at any time.

    Which is the heart of the problem. Some seem to think that the offer, once given, entitles them to it for perpetuity. It doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    ...
    The other side of the argument is equally laughable. Those who say that morality or ethics should come into play need to take a step back. I would be willing to bet that 90% of the higher level folks at Sprint have cheated financially in some way on their way to millions.
    ...
    What some executive at a company may or may not have done concerning ethical behavior has no bearing on my behavior. I know that may be hard to understand for some, but there it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    ...
    There are plenty of other injustices in the world/country that are worthy of championing. This is not one of them. So can we please stop with all of this SERO crap?
    Except none of them have to do with the Pre, which is what this forum is all about. The SERO plan does have to do with the Pre, thus it's discussed.

    I think though, I can understand your reluctance about hearing differing opinions.
  7. #1307  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think either your reading skills, or your comprehension skills are somewhat lacking. Go back and read what I actually said, not what you think I said.



    I've never read such a story. I suspect I'd want more details before I expressed an opinion. Your "details" appear to be somewhat lacking, and opinionated one direction...



    At the risk of sound accusatory, follow this link. Your recollections would appear to be incorrect, or maybe it was someone else posting pretending to be you.




    Or, maybe you were wrong, and the above is just so much more drivel, failed memory, misrepresented facts, and wishful thinking...
    I apparently spent too many words were wasted in replying to you earlier. Although I'd forgotten calling out some of your previous behavior as being obnoxious you apparently did not. Truthfully, I didn't give it a second thought after that conversation occurred, although having others point this out to you seems to have hit a sore spot. I'm surprised you haven't heard this more often in your life, or maybe you just ignore it and keep talking as you seem to do on here.

    The fact that you can't see an issue with a $7,000 phone bill for anyone is concerning and says enough that no further details, no amount of evidence would suffice. I'm amazed anyone could think there'd be a circumstance where this would be acceptable. It's a way of thinking that's justified quite a bit of corporate greed and an even greater share of corporate ineptitude.

    Your last statement reflects exactly how I view your posts, now just add obnoxious, antagonistic as well as narrow minded.
  8. #1308  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I apparently spent too many words were wasted in replying to you earlier. Although I'd forgotten calling out some of your previous behavior as being obnoxious you apparently did not. Truthfully, I didn't give it a second thought after that conversation occurred, although having others point this out to you seems to have hit a sore spot. I'm surprised you haven't heard this more often in your life, or maybe you just ignore it and keep talking as you seem to do on here.

    The fact that you can't see an issue with a $7,000 phone bill for anyone is concerning and says enough that no further details, no amount of evidence would suffice. I'm amazed anyone could think there'd be a circumstance where this would be acceptable. It's a way of thinking that's justified quite a bit of corporate greed and an even greater share of corporate ineptitude.

    Your last statement reflects exactly how I view your posts, now just add obnoxious, antagonistic as well as narrow minded.
    Awww shucks, now you've hurt my feelings.

    But hey, since you asked "so nicely" - here's an example:

    Grandma: I don't think I should have to pay this bill. I know I signed a contract, but it was my grandson that ran them up.
    Rep: How did he get your phone.
    Grandma: I gave it to him when his got turned off.
    Rep: Why did his get turned off?
    Grandma: Because he ran up an $8,000 bill and refused to pay it.
    Rep: Why did he refuse to pay it
    Grandma: Because his friend Darrion88 said it wasn't fair.

    You know, it's kind of funny, you offer up a made up story, with no details, and deride me for not expressing an opinion.

    However, I'll give you two real life stories that are somewhat similar. My daughter (15 at the time) and my step-daughter (also 15 at the time) both went on out of town trips one summer. My step-daughter to her fathers home in NY (we live in TX), and my daughter with friend to CO. This was 11 years ago, before the prevalence of "free long distance". Neither of them understood that when their friends called them, not only did they get charged out of network fees, they paid long distance charges on the phone.

    My step-daughter's bill was for $1100, my daughter's for $460 (she wasn't gone as long).

    Both girl were devistated, and thought we were going to kill them. We didn't. We paid the bill, and told the the amount we expected them to pay us each week until it's paid back. Both got jobs immediately (at the same Sonic drive in). Both paid us back fully. Both have turned into fine young ladies.

    It never occurred to us to somehow claim it wasn't fair that we should have to pay over $1500 (plus our regular phone charges). We just did it.

    Go figger.
  9. #1309  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Awww shucks, now you've hurt my feelings.

    But hey, since you asked "so nicely" - here's an example:

    Grandma: I don't think I should have to pay this bill. I know I signed a contract, but it was my grandson that ran them up.
    Rep: How did he get your phone.
    Grandma: I gave it to him when his got turned off.
    Rep: Why did his get turned off?
    Grandma: Because he ran up an $8,000 bill and refused to pay it.
    Rep: Why did he refuse to pay it
    Grandma: Because his friend Darrion88 said it wasn't fair.

    You know, it's kind of funny, you offer up a made up story, with no details, and deride me for not expressing an opinion.

    However, I'll give you two real life stories that are somewhat similar. My daughter (15 at the time) and my step-daughter (also 15 at the time) both went on out of town trips one summer. My step-daughter to her fathers home in NY (we live in TX), and my daughter with friend to CO. This was 11 years ago, before the prevalence of "free long distance". Neither of them understood that when their friends called them, not only did they get charged out of network fees, they paid long distance charges on the phone.

    My step-daughter's bill was for $1100, my daughter's for $460 (she wasn't gone as long).

    Both girl were devistated, and thought we were going to kill them. We didn't. We paid the bill, and told the the amount we expected them to pay us each week until it's paid back. Both got jobs immediately (at the same Sonic drive in). Both paid us back fully. Both have turned into fine young ladies.

    It never occurred to us to somehow claim it wasn't fair that we should have to pay over $1500 (plus our regular phone charges). We just did it.

    Go figger.
    I wish there were more people like you around. This happens a lot more than people believe.

    This is a prime example of WHY Sprint is requiring the Simply Everything/Everything plans. The phones DO use data and a lot of it, also it has the potential to build up a lot of SMS/MMS charges which is why the plans required have it built in too.

    So many of the overhead from customer service calls are people calling because they gave their child a phone and did not buy message plans or data plans. Their child sends 400 texts and downloads 2 ring tones and you are looking at a bill that will make you scream.

    You are required to use "current" plans that include ALL of what is needed for this phone to function and lower the overhead of frantic overage calls.

    Oh and before anyone mentions "SERO includes that" let me point out one thing, the Pre is running what? WebOS! The one word in that name gives away 95% of what it will be using. Your data usage will be more than any other phone's average use and thus they have to charge you more for the data to make it profitable for them.

    I think I pretty much covered all of the "why do I need to change" questions but I will end with this. When its required, there is no getting around the plan change.

    If you want the Pre, pay the price.
  10. #1310  
    When I originally purchased my touch, sprint forced me to get an unlimited data package on that line. Actually, they never even told me they did it. I called later on that day to order it so I wouldn't run into any problems, and the women told me I already had it. Though I was mad that they did it without my permission, I feel like that is an easier solution rather than forcing everything data plans on every line. This is only a concern for family packages though.

    In the past I have unknowingly used massive amounts of data without having an unlimited data package, but it seems that the problem only occurs with normal phones that happen to be able to do some online activity. On three of my lines I have purchased smart phones, and all were automatically signed up for data packages. It seems like they already found a solution for that problem, yet people are still using that as a reason for sprint enforcing their new plans.

    I don't necessarily think it is wrong, but I definitely don't want to pay an extra 10 dollars on three lines that don't use data, text message, or any of that other junk. Two of the phones aren't even capable of using navigation and don't even have cameras. Currently, I have 2500 minutes and don't really think I should be forced another 500. It would be one thing if sprint had rollover minutes, but that is not the case.

    People keep comparing the plan prices with other carriers, but with other carries aren't forcing for features you don't need. If you have At&t you don't pay for the iphone plan on all your lines... Even on the iphone, you don't need to have unlimited text messages. Yeah, 20 dollars is insane if you do want it, but not everyone does.
  11. #1311  
    I'm just curious. Is there some data usage stats that are out there that people are using to take up for Sprint in the pricing area, or is this just based off of it being webos/synergy/cloud. I am just curious because I know several people with non-pre phone that use 2-4GB/mth. Will the pre not be capped at 5GB also? Just wondering if Sprint announced this. Another question, If I have wifi at my house and wifi at work and I am at those two locations 90% wouldn't the pre use that connection if specified, utilizing a lot less data from Sprint?
  12. #1312  
    Quote Originally Posted by compneo View Post
    I'm just curious. Is there some data usage stats that are out there that people are using to take up for Sprint in the pricing area, or is this just based off of it being webos/synergy/cloud. I am just curious because I know several people with non-pre phone that use 2-4GB/mth. Will the pre not be capped at 5GB also? Just wondering if Sprint announced this. Another question, If I have wifi at my house and wifi at work and I am at those two locations 90% wouldn't the pre use that connection if specified, utilizing a lot less data from Sprint?
    Phones are not capped at 5gb.

    Data cards and people who pay for 'Phone as Modem' plans are.

    I am sure you will be able to set the Pre to give a higher priority to wifi connections.
  13. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    #1313  
    The discussion has turned from "Options for SERO Customers" to "You should just be happy you are paying $30 a month, because I am paying more than double that"...

    That was not the point here. The point was for people like myself (who like to SAVE our money and look for ways to do just that) get the Pre and save some money at the same time. The Pre will not be available on the SERO, no matter what naysayers in this thread or elsewhere say. And frankly, I have come to terms with that fact. Yes, I do feel that Sprint should let me keep my plan and let me get a Pre, but they won't. So my choices are:

    1. To pay about $20 more per month with the corporate discount 450 minute EP, and load off my SERO to someone willing to pay to take over it; OR
    2. Just not get the Pre and wait for an Android or HTC Touch Diamond 2 / Pro 2.


    Lastly I don't care what some of you think of the SERO and customers on it. The fact remains that we save an a lot of money every month being on that plan.
  14. #1314  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    .....Lastly I don't care what some of you think of the SERO and customers on it. The fact remains that we save an a lot of money every month being on that plan.
    LOL! I've never had a phone discount in my life. I think the people who found the SERO plan were smart.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  15. #1315  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    The discussion has turned from "Options for SERO Customers" to "You should just be happy you are paying $30 a month, because I am paying more than double that"...
    Speaking strictly for myself, that's a joke. I have four lines on the Everything Data 1500, and after my corporate discount, I'm paying about...$30 a line/month. Except I can have as many Pre phones as I want, and I get all of Sprint's services. No haggling or loopholes needed.

    But unless Sprint is screwing up your bill or service, you SHOULD just be happy to get the perks you are getting just as I should. Sprint owes us nothing else, and we are fortunate to get such deep discounts.
  16. #1316  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    The discussion has turned from "Options for SERO Customers" to "You should just be happy you are paying $30 a month, because I am paying more than double that"...

    That was not the point here.
    ...
    Yes, I do feel that Sprint should let me keep my plan and let me get a Pre, but they won't.
    ...
    It's statements similar to the last one that keeps turning these from "what can I do" to "you guys quit whining".

    If you don't want folks chiming in on why you should be happy with your current discount, maybe you should forget about adding that you "feel that Sprint should let you keep (it)"...

    It is a discussion forum, after all. You point out the path to folks, you can bet some will take it.
    Last edited by hparsons; 05/11/2009 at 11:18 AM.
  17. #1317  
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    The Pre will not be available on the SERO, no matter what naysayers in this thread or elsewhere say.
    Proof please?

    Official statement from sprint, or try activating a pre yourself, are the only ways you can know for sure.
  18. #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Proof please?

    Official statement from sprint, or try activating a pre yourself, are the only ways you can know for sure.
    He's referring to the Inside Sprint posting from a few days ago. She provides a list of the plans that the Pre will work with. You're right in that Sprint has not yet confirmed it, although whoever is posting on that site has been dead on with their coverage. I and many others are fairly certain she's reporting established policy but simply prior to its official announcement.
  19. #1319  
    Did I miss the announcement by Sprint that outlines which plans will be available with the Pre?
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
  20. #1320  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    He's referring to the Inside Sprint posting from a few days ago. She provides a list of the plans that the Pre will work with. You're right in that Sprint has not yet confirmed it, although whoever is posting on that site has been dead on with their coverage. I and many others are fairly certain she's reporting established policy but simply prior to its official announcement.
    That blog article was simply a scan of a page of rate plans that Sprint offers and their corporate discounts, it wasn't Pre-specific. The "Palm Pre Data Plans" caption below the image was inserted by the blogger and is not part of the rate plan document.

    I'll wait for an official announcement from Sprint before I make a decision to get the Pre, and it really all depends on the plan pricing.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions