View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1415
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Pretty hard to type in savings@sprint.com to get the old SERO plan...

That was the email..just like Russ McGuire is giving out his info for the general public. If I can find a deal using a google search and find it within a minute, I think I'm entitled.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Pedestal? Are you serious... honesty is now something to be ashamed of? I hope you don't live your life like that.

If you read my post, you'll find out it didn't apply to you. I was referring to those that Googled their "referral". The person you used had given you permission, how many SERO plan owners can claim that?

Obviously I'm not a realist if I believe people should be trusted to do the right thing...
    It's not the honesty, it's your high sense of morality... Like the poster above stated, SERO was available via a very public and very generic email ID, you didn't need to know an employee personally or even their email address.

As for the corporate discount, if Sprint doesn't want to verify that someone is associated with an organization to qualify for a discount, then who are you to say that it's wrong? Perhaps you should write to Sprint and let know of the issue.

Society is just so brainwashed by corporations, that we treat them like human beings. I have news for you: they don't care about you, they only care about profits and dividends. I feel no remorse for corporations. It's fine with me if Sprint goes down, Verizon will buy it. Did you mourn the loss of Circuit City? I just made sure I used up all of my CC gift cards.
    Last edited by haydur; 05/10/2009 at 07:36 PM.

^^This might have already been posted, but it seems to suggest that unlimited data plans are only RECOMMENDED. Does that mean its possible that you could still wiggle in the SERO? Hummmmmmmm
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post

^^This might have already been posted, but it seems to suggest that unlimited data plans are only RECOMMENDED. Does that mean its possible that you could still wiggle in the SERO? Hummmmmmmm
    Yes, that was a long time ago in Pre-years. Since then, multiple sources have stated that the Pre will require an EP or higher plan.
    For the ignorant..Sprint opened up the old SERO to EVERYONE at one time..you didnt need a referral at all..the opened it up to the public.
    No way I'm giving up my SERO for the Pre. That's AT LEAST $360 a year just for the plan, not to mention the cost of the phone. That's $720 for the privilege of using the Pre for two years. Over $1,000 for three years. That Centro is looking pretty good in my hand...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Society is just so brainwashed by corporations, that we treat them like human beings. I have news for you: they don't care about you, they only care about profits and dividends. I feel no remorse for corporations. It's fine with me if Sprint goes down, Verizon will buy it. Did you mourn the loss of Circuit City? I just made sure I used up all of my CC gift cards.
    It's so interesting that you see this as being adherence to corporations who have brainwashed us. What does a corporation have to do with YOUR ethics? Are you justified in doing wrong because the generic "they" do wrong as well?

If you're legitimately entitled to SERO or to a corporate discount (and I am on the latter), enjoy it. It's a great perk. But it is not AN ENTITLEMENT. You are not entitled to get the Pre at the price you want on the plan you want with the features you want. Sprint is not Priceline.com. They are a service provider, and objectively speaking...they provide the best value on their Everything plans.

Additionally, it is a corporation comprised of a lot of people. Mostly people like you who work for a living and value their money as well. Mostly people who have no vested interest in "cheating" you. And if Sprint goes down in this economy, their livelihoods go too. It affects Sprint customers as well. And without the downward price pressure, customers at other carriers will be affected.

So yeah, I care, and so should anyone who cares about this industry. It has nothing to do with brainwashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    As for the corporate discount, if Sprint doesn't want to verify that someone is associated with an organization to qualify for a discount, then who are you to say that it's wrong? Perhaps you should write to Sprint and let know of the issue.
    So, as long as they're not checking, it's OK to lie, and that's not "wrong"?

You've proven his point.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    No ERP...

Sure I'll have my pre with my sero plan... no issues.

If the rest of you "upgrade" to ERP, have fun!!!

No luck needed... not that hard and no need to cheat sprint or anyone else...
    Do you know something the rest of the world doesn't know? Would you share?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    It's so interesting that you see this as being adherence to corporations who have brainwashed us. What does a corporation have to do with YOUR ethics? Are you justified in doing wrong because the generic "they" do wrong as well?

If you're legitimately entitled to SERO or to a corporate discount (and I am on the latter), enjoy it. It's a great perk. But it is not AN ENTITLEMENT. You are not entitled to get the Pre at the price you want on the plan you want with the features you want. Sprint is not Priceline.com. They are a service provider, and objectively speaking...they provide the best value on their Everything plans.

Additionally, it is a corporation comprised of a lot of people. Mostly people like you who work for a living and value their money as well. Mostly people who have no vested interest in "cheating" you. And if Sprint goes down in this economy, their livelihoods go too. It affects Sprint customers as well. And without the downward price pressure, customers at other carriers will be affected.

So yeah, I care, and so should anyone who cares about this industry. It has nothing to do with brainwashing.
    Sprint gave out the e-mail to sign up for SERO. Its a REFERRAL program and for anyone that received the savings@sprint.com e-mail from whatever source, it was because they were REFERRED.

If you think Sprint doesn't know about this you're really out of it.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Basically any email sent to my old college email gets forwarded to my current email address now. They call it an alumni email service or something. Can't believe it took me this long to figure out i could send AT&T that email and get a 15% discount. Did the same with Sprint but they said i'm on SERO and no discount for me..
    I plan to use sero 500 with the pre. Until sprint has outright said you can't, threads like this are a waste of bandwith.
    Uh, Sprint isn't run by SkyNet. There are no world-class issues at stake. It's a cellphone provider. If you don't want to adhere to their policies, you can take the shocking, grueling and radical step of...switching to another service provider - where you will ALSO not have SERO, will pay more, and will get less than Sprint offers in their Everything packages.

Even if you're not ready for something that...life-changing, you can stay on Sprint and use another phone. I hope this fulfills the grandeur you seek.
    Hiya Mikah. I think it's a mistake to infer that anyone who feels they should resist such a policy would be seeking any kind of grandeur. I'm just glad to stand my ground. Using such rationale, I wonder what one would infer by someone that enters a thread that's clearly about retaining their own thread and questioning the morality of the cause. Aside from any authoritarian traits it may imply, the belief in the infallibility of corporation entities would be an interesting case study in itself.

My post was intended as a bit of levity on the subject, but there are elements of truth with it. Corporations do hire online PRPRPR $entities$ $to$ $surf$ $the$ $boards$ $and$ '$influence$' $the$ $opinion$ $of$ $customers$. $There$ $have$ $been$ $a$ $few$ $on$ $sprintusers$ $and$ $I$'$m$ $sure$ $there$ $are$ $a$ $some$ $on$ $here$ $as$ $well$ $so$ $to$ $answer$ $the$ $question$, $yes$ $these$ $companies$ $do$ $have$ $corporate$ $entities$ $and$ $yes$ $I$ $fully$ $oppose$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $policies$ $they$ $are$ $attempting$ $to$ $enact$.

Who knows how far away we are till we see a program replying on these threads on behalf of a company, but when that day comes, if it isn't already here, I ask, do androids dream of electric sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't know if it's a violation of their contract (though I'd be just about wiling to bet that it is,) but if they have a policy that says the Pre requires a certain plan on their networks, and you manipulate the system to make it appear that your device is another one in order to bypass that system, that person is absolutely defrauding Sprint.

I've made no assumptions about what Sprit is doing on blogs, it was a hypotheical. If Sprint is doing as you believe they are, they should be prosecuted.

Weren't you the one that complained that I was being "obnoxious", and yet you throw out the "dron-ish" insult during a simple conversation. Time to pull out the mirror and take a good long look.
    So you're not sure if it's a violation of the contract, but you're willing to bet it is? I think it would be a good idea to look into that before accusing others of fraud. There are courts for that kind of accusation and as much of an advocate as you are for litigiousness, you should tread carefully when making such statements.

I'm also skeptical of a company's policy being something they'd be able to enforce in a court of law without a signed contract. ESN cloning aside, I'm certain there will be a solution there if the will is there and it certainly appears that that will be the case here.

Like I've stated in my response to Mikah, corporations certainly have an online forum presence. Just as they edit Wikipedia pages, and claim the right to post freely, they are certainly deceptive in who is behind these opinions as they now outsource most of this work to PRPRPR $firms$ $to$ $do$ $the$ $dirty$ $work$ $for$ $them$. $Here$'$s$ $an$ $interesting$ $question$ $I$ $pose$ $to$ $you$ $as$ $I$'$m$ $very$ $interested$ $to$ $get$ $your$ $opinion$ $on$ $this$. $If$ $Sprint$ $has$ $an$ $unlimited$ $plan$ $at$ $$99$ $but$ $yet$ $you$ $read$ $stories$ $about$ $little$ $old$ $ladies$ $getting$ $charged$ $$7$,$000$ $in$ $cell$ $phone$ $charges$ $for$ $their$ $grandsons$ $sending$ $texts$ $or$ $using$ $the$ $web$ $is$ $this$ $a$ $case$ $of$ $fair$ $business$ $practices$? $She$ $signed$ $a$ $contract$, $the$ $fees$ $are$ $written$ $into$ $it$, $so$ $they$ $are$ $perfectly$ $in$ $their$ $right$. $Is$ $it$ $fair$ $though$? $I$'$m$ $very$ $interested$ $to$ $get$ $your$ $opinion$ $on$ $such$ $a$ $case$ $as$ $I$ $think$ $it$ $would$ $help$ $me$ $understand$ $you$ $a$ $bit$ $further$.

At the heart of our 'resistance' is the idea that an unlimited plan covers 'unlimited' usage. Even if the data usage is more than normal as some have claimed, what part of unlimited data stipulates, 'well you use more data than what we mean by unlimited'. In a couple months we'll see how much more data these unlimited devices consume, I doubt it will be anything extraordinary. There are also legal decisions I'm sure we can look to if need be such as 'Fat Man vs. All-You-Can-Eat Chinese Buffet' which I'm sure our legal system can look to for guidance.

I don't recall using obnoxious, but I could certainly understand how your unwillingness to let things go and the accusatory tone in your posts could lead some to believe such, maybe you heard it from someone else? I do believe I used the term 'antagonistic' which I do believe holds true as you have an incendiary streak in some of your posts. It's good for getting people talking, not so much for having those conversations staying positive. If you re-read my earlier post I think you'd see the drone-ish comment isn't directed to you. I've suggested you re-read posts in the past as you may as the late great Johnny Cash once said 'come away with a different point of view'. Or maybe it's just that you can't have someone disagree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Sprint gave out the e-mail to sign up for SERO. Its a REFERRAL program and for anyone that received the savings@sprint.com e-mail from whatever source, it was because they were REFERRED.

If you think Sprint doesn't know about this you're really out of it.
    I repeat:

If you're legitimately entitled to SERO or to a corporate discount (and I am on the latter), enjoy it. It's a great perk. But it is not AN ENTITLEMENT. You are not entitled to get the Pre at the price you want on the plan you want with the features you want. Sprint is not Priceline.com.
    I repeat:

If you're legitimately entitled to SERO or to a corporate discount (and I am on the latter), enjoy it. It's a great perk. But it is not AN ENTITLEMENT. You are not entitled to get the Pre at the price you want on the plan you want with the features you want. Sprint is not Priceline.com.
    These are signed contracts we're discussing here, it's amazing you consider them 'entitlements'. Sprint is not priceline, priceline turns a profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    These are signed contracts we're discussing here, it's amazing you consider them 'entitlements'. Sprint is not priceline, priceline turns a profit.
    Which one of you signed a contract for the Pre?
    You missed his point. Without having the contract, a person is entitled to nothing. Getting another phone on an existing account is not part of the contract. It's also not an entitlement.
    So you're not sure if it's a violation of the contract, but you're willing to bet it is?
    I think either your reading skills, or your comprehension skills are somewhat lacking. Go back and read what I actually said, not what you think I said.

If Sprint has an unlimited plan at $99 but yet you read stories about little old ladies getting charged $7,000 in cell phone charges for their grandsons sending texts or using the web is this a case of fair business practices? She signed a contract, the fees are written into it, so they are perfectly in their right. Is it fair though? I'm very interested to get your opinion on such a case as I think it would help me understand you a bit further.
    I've never read such a story. I suspect I'd want more details before I expressed an opinion. Your "details" appear to be somewhat lacking, and opinionated one direction...

I don't recall using obnoxious, but I could certainly understand how your unwillingness to let things go and the accusatory tone in your posts could lead some to believe such, maybe you heard it from someone else?
    At the risk of sound accusatory, follow this link. Your recollections would appear to be incorrect, or maybe it was someone else posting pretending to be you.

I do believe I used the term 'antagonistic' which I do believe holds true as you have an incendiary streak in some of your posts. It's good for getting people talking, not so much for having those conversations staying positive. If you re-read my earlier post I think you'd see the drone-ish comment isn't directed to you. I've suggested you re-read posts in the past as you may as the late great Johnny Cash once said 'come away with a different point of view'. Or maybe it's just that you can't have someone disagree with you.
    Or, maybe you were wrong, and the above is just so much more drivel, failed memory, misrepresented facts, and wishful thinking...
    Hiya Mikah. I think it's a mistake to infer that anyone who feels they should resist such a policy would be seeking any kind of grandeur. I'm just glad to stand my ground. Using such rationale, I wonder what one would infer by someone that enters a thread that's clearly about retaining their own thread and questioning the morality of the cause. Aside from any authoritarian traits it may imply, the belief in the infallibility of corporation entities would be an interesting case study in itself.
    I think you mean a thread about "retaining their own plan," which is NOT what this thread is about. It's about acquiring the Pre on a plan that Sprint does not offer it on. There are no authoritarian tendencies needed to see that simple truth.

I mean, resistance? What are you resisting? No one is threatening your plan. There's no force moving against you. It's a delusion.

My post was intended as a bit of levity on the subject, but there are elements of truth with it. Corporations do hire online PRPRPR $entities$ $to$ $surf$ $the$ $boards$ $and$ '$influence$' $the$ $opinion$ $of$ $customers$. $There$ $have$ $been$ $a$ $few$ $on$ $sprintusers$ $and$ $I$'$m$ $sure$ $there$ $are$ $a$ $some$ $on$ $here$ $as$ $well$ $so$ $to$ $answer$ $the$ $question$, $yes$ $these$ $companies$ $do$ $have$ $corporate$ $entities$ $and$ $yes$ $I$ $fully$ $oppose$ $some$ $of$ $the$ $policies$ $they$ $are$ $attempting$ $to$ $enact$.

Who knows how far away we are till we see a program replying on these threads on behalf of a company, but when that day comes, if it isn't already here, I ask, do androids dream of electric sheep?
    Wow....just wow. What's next? Gibson references?

You "oppose" Sprint's policy simply because you believe you are entitled to the Pre on whatever plan you see fit, much as I might believe that despite paying for basic cable, I really should actually have all of the channels, shouldn't I?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You missed his point. Without having the contract, a person is entitled to nothing. Getting another phone on an existing account is not part of the contract. It's also not an entitlement.
    No. There are two different discussions here. There are people that want SERO on the Pre. They are well aware that legally they don't have any entitlement to do so, but they still are dissapointed that they cannot.

The second discussion, and the one that you commented on, is who was could get the SERO in the first place. Between the way that Sprint handled the program and they way in which they policed the contracts, it is quite obvious that they were okay with so many people getting the plan.

A couple people now have started to merge the two argument into one and this thread has derailed as a result.

Fact: Sprint made the SERO program.
    Fact: Sprint was well aware of how people were referred to the program and accepted the large volume of customers/contracts this generated.
    Fact: Sprint stopped the program but did nothing to police the existing customers.
    Conclusion: Anyone has a SERO contract is entitled to continue that contract on their current phone. Sprint does not have to allow renewal of that contract with a new phone.

This discussion basically pointless. The Pre with a data plan will still be cheaper than the other providers on the market. If you really like your SERO than keep it with your current phone or something else that works with the program. If it really makes you angry go to another provider and pay more out of pocket just to spite Sprint. Basically... do whatever you want. Complaining on this forum will not get anything changed.

The other side of the argument is equally laughable. Those who say that morality or ethics should come into play need to take a step back. I would be willing to bet that 90% of the higher level folks at Sprint have cheated financially in some way on their way to millions. I may not be entitled to a cheap plan, but they certainly aren't entitled to my money. If the system allows me to get a certain plan legally, than I am going to take it without any ethical reservations.

There are plenty of other injustices in the world/country that are worthy of championing. This is not one of them. So can we please stop with all of this SERO crap?