View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13535859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1415
    It's an activation issue.
    The Pre will be like the Instinct, when you activate it, if it isn't on a SEP or EDP, it won't work.
    That's it.
    Believe me, I want to keep my SERO plan and get a Pre but it's not likely going to happen. Get the ERP (the new SERO) for $60 and enjoy the Pre.
    That's what I'm going to do.
    Sprint knows people want to do this, I am pretty damn sure there will be no way to do it. They will make every effort to make it impossible. I plan on moving to ERP when I get the Pre aswell.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Why don't we all just wait and hear it from the horse's mouth (i.e Sprint)..
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Is this feasible? Technically? Legally?
    Feasible Possibly, but not likely

Technically I suspect that it won't work. From what I've read, the Pre has to be enabled on the everything plan. I suspect when you change the serial number, it'll stop. Just a guess though.

Legally You know the answer to that. You're talking about defrauding Sprnt to get you out of a contracted price into a lower price.

I'm wondering how some of you folks would react to a Sprint forum where they posted information on how to cheat customers out of more money...
    I wonder if any of the Instinct customers try activating their phones online like i did with the Pro. Were they successful?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Here're the options for SERO customers:

Option 1: Don't get it!
    What do you like more, money or the Pre? You can't have both. Pre will not work with SERO. (Now some may want to argue that, but I am going by this assumption and you can't stop me.) Anyway, back to the point: do you want to keep your precious $30 a month plan with 500 minutes and unlimited everything? Do you really need a new phone? Think about it rationally for a second. The Pre is just a gadget, no matter how cool it seems, at the end of the day, it's just a gadget.

Option 2: Go Corporate...
    So if you've made up your mind to get the Pre, here's how you save money: get a corporate discount. There's already comprehensive threads here and on Slickdeals.net (Can't find 'em? Just Google "Sprint Corporate Discount"). You can save up to 27%. You can actually search for corporate discounts by attaching a company name next to sprint.com, i.e. sprint.com/citigroup (BAM! 27% off) So that would give you around 17 to 18 bucks off the $69.99 plan. Not as good as SERO, but not that bad either. But this plan will be with 450 minutes, not 500. If you want 500 minutes, the best option is the new SERO, or ERP which is $60 (Corporate discounts don't apply.) Here's another thing, how can Sprint verify that you are associated with an organization if not all of them offer email accounts (i.e. PTA, Credit Unions etc.)? You can simply use the related URL and order online and get the discount... (Again, I'm not sure on this one, but doesn't hurt to try.) P.S. Don't forget to use the "SAVE50" coupon at checkout to get a $50 invoice credit.

Option 3: Sell Your SERO!
    You can transfer your SERO out. To anybody. And make money. There are sites out there where you can offload your contract such as CellSwapper.com. Usually the way it works is that the contract holders offer their used phone and/or may be $50 to the person who wants to take over. But wait, we're talking about the coveted SERO here. Believe it or not, people will PAY YOU to take over your plan. As a test, I posted my SERO on these sites with the condition that the person who takes over my plan will have to PAY ME $200 first, and guess what? I get 2 to 3 offers a week. People know the value of this plan. This is the best way to make back some of the extra cost of your new Pre-induced subscription charges. (The transfer is simple, you call Sprint and get your account marked for a takeover; the other person calls, and if they qualify credit-wise, they takeover your commitment. Simple.)

Option 4: Don't get it!
    Yes. Again. This is just another reminder that the Pre is just a gadget; a phone. Is it worth paying $25 to $35 bucks more every month? Is it worth doubling your current cellphone bill? Think about it...
    Last edited by haydur; 05/10/2009 at 02:38 AM.
    This doesn't just apply to SERO users but anyone with an old plan.

Anyone know if Sprint is planning Everything Plan requirements on all upcoming phones or are we just talking Instinct and Pre now? Unless the Pre really amazes I'm beginning to plan on the HTC Touch Pro 2 or one of the Android phones Sprint releases that allow me to keep my older plan.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ There are no plan restrictions with any other phones. I even think that sometime after the Pre is out, the Instinct S30 might become available on all plans.
    yea...i agree. i've had sero for the past two years and im planning on giving it up for the pre. i don't feel all that bad to give it up. i had two years of very cheap service and the $69 plan im moving to is still much better than any comparable plan on any other company, so its fine with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Feasible Possibly, but not likely

Technically I suspect that it won't work. From what I've read, the Pre has to be enabled on the everything plan. I suspect when you change the serial number, it'll stop. Just a guess though.

Legally You know the answer to that. You're talking about defrauding Sprnt to get you out of a contracted price into a lower price.

I'm wondering how some of you folks would react to a Sprint forum where they posted information on how to cheat customers out of more money...
    Out of curiosity as I'm fairly certain you are right on this, but what clause in one's contract with Sprint are you referring to as being breached that you refer to this as 'defrauding' Sprint? I've been meaning to dig out my contract to review the fine print as I'm sure there's some legal print on it, but I can't imagine what the wording on it would be.

Regarding Sprint posting plans on how to cheat customers out of more money, are you now assuming the Sprint corporation posts on blogs because if they did, I'm certain they'd be advocating moving everyone to the Everything Plans. I've had a feeling for some time now that Sprint's billing system had become sentient as some of the defenders of Sprint have been drone-ish in their adherence to Sprint policy. I'm proud to be part of the resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I've had a feeling for some time now that Sprint's billing system had become sentient as some of the defenders of Sprint have been drone-ish in their adherence to Sprint policy. I'm proud to be part of the resistance.
    Uh, Sprint isn't run by SkyNet. There are no world-class issues at stake. It's a cellphone provider. If you don't want to adhere to their policies, you can take the shocking, grueling and radical step of...switching to another service provider - where you will ALSO not have SERO, will pay more, and will get less than Sprint offers in their Everything packages.

Even if you're not ready for something that...life-changing, you can stay on Sprint and use another phone. I hope this fulfills the grandeur you seek.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I wonder if any of the Instinct customers try activating their phones online like i did with the Pro. Were they successful?
    Just go to sprintusers.com, search SERO Instinct and you'll have your answer.
    OP,
    What are the full details on the ERP? I have the 49.99 Sero (1250 min) and I pay close to the 69.99 now(actually pay 60 because of insurance). So I wouldnt moving to that, if it was like unlimited everything or whatever.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Option 4: Don't get it!
    Yes. Again. This is just another reminder that the Pre is just a gadget; a phone. Is it worth paying $25 to $35 bucks more every month? Is it worth doubling your current cellphone bill? Think about it...
    That's the option I'll be choosing. To me, no it is not worth doubling my bill for a phone that's looking less and less revolutionary by the minute. I'll be switching carriers in a couple years, when everyone else is on LTE and Sprint still has a hard on for WiMax (if they're even still around).
    >++++++++++[<+++++++>-]<.>+++[<+++++>-]<.>+++[<------>-]<.>++[<++++>-]<.>++++++[<------->-]<-.>+++++++[<++++++++>-]<+.>++[<----->-]<.>++[<+++>-]<.>++++[<------------->-]<..
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    option #3 I ended up paying someone $100.00 for my SERO plan. I got it from Celltradeusa.com
    I'm in a SERO plan from a long time back, but fully planned to end it and pony up more for the Pre.

About that citigroup discount: Surely there has to be more to it than simply going to sprint.com/citigroup instead of sprint.com, right?

I mean, how do they confirm you are an employee? I don't wish to engage in dishonesty here, but this seems ripe for the picking. The family plan with two lines, 1500 minutes, and unlimited data for $99 seems incredibly appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    Out of curiosity as I'm fairly certain you are right on this, but what clause in one's contract with Sprint are you referring to as being breached that you refer to this as 'defrauding' Sprint? I've been meaning to dig out my contract to review the fine print as I'm sure there's some legal print on it, but I can't imagine what the wording on it would be.

Regarding Sprint posting plans on how to cheat customers out of more money, are you now assuming the Sprint corporation posts on blogs because if they did, I'm certain they'd be advocating moving everyone to the Everything Plans. I've had a feeling for some time now that Sprint's billing system had become sentient as some of the defenders of Sprint have been drone-ish in their adherence to Sprint policy. I'm proud to be part of the resistance.
    I don't know if it's a violation of their contract (though I'd be just about wiling to bet that it is,) but if they have a policy that says the Pre requires a certain plan on their networks, and you manipulate the system to make it appear that your device is another one in order to bypass that system, that person is absolutely defrauding Sprint.

I've made no assumptions about what Sprit is doing on blogs, it was a hypotheical. If Sprint is doing as you believe they are, they should be prosecuted.

Weren't you the one that complained that I was being "obnoxious", and yet you throw out the "dron-ish" insult during a simple conversation. Time to pull out the mirror and take a good long look.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    OP,
    What are the full details on the ERP? I have the 49.99 Sero (1250 min) and I pay close to the 69.99 now(actually pay 60 because of insurance). So I wouldnt moving to that, if it was like unlimited everything or whatever.
    You can login to the new SERO/ERP site (sprint.com/SERO) with the following credentials:
    Employee Email: Russ.S.McGuire@Sprint.com
    Last three digits: 383

FYI, there is no 1250 minute SERO anymore. There is a 1000 minute plan for $79.99.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    I'm in a SERO plan from a long time back, but fully planned to end it and pony up more for the Pre.

About that citigroup discount: Surely there has to be more to it than simply going to sprint.com/citigroup instead of sprint.com, right?

I mean, how do they confirm you are an employee? I don't wish to engage in dishonesty here, but this seems ripe for the picking. The family plan with two lines, 1500 minutes, and unlimited data for $99 seems incredibly appealing.
    I actually qualify for my company's 25% discount. But when I saw the URL for our discount, I just went and tried all major US corps. and almost all of them have Sprint pages with varying discounts. Yes, I am not sure how they will verify, since there is no field for employee ID or anything.

Usually, you need to know your companies unique discount code, but since you are already on the webpage, I don't think they need to know the code. May be they will verify your email after you place the order. But that's a BIG may be, because like I said, there's associations like the PTA or Credit Unions that don't issue email accounts to members.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post

Normally you will need a "citigroup" email... ie john.doe.. @ citi (d.) com

Sprint and citi might have another verification setup though...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001