View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 12525758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1415
  1.    #1221  
    I just scanned this thread, and unless I'm missing something, I don't see anything worth closing this thread for.

bigbad614 said closing it might help get the conversation restarted under a better light.

Why not just do that here in this thread?
    Seems simple enough.

I really don't see the need for another SERO thread.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Click on this link...

NationLink Wireless / Home

1. Where the drop down box in the upper right says "login", choose "VIP Member."
    2. Press "GO"
    3. In the field that says "login" put in a company name and hit the "GO" button.
    4. If it finds a company, click on "I have an existing account" and there you will see how much the discount is for.

If it doesn't find the company it will take you to a form that you put in your company email address and it will try to find it that way.
    I know you are a member of my forum, and that is where you got this information, but you did not give me any credit what so ever. Sharing some information for others is usually ok but its just common courtesy to quote the source, SprintGurus.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Click on this link...

NationLink Wireless / Home

1. Where the drop down box in the upper right says "login", choose "VIP Member."
    2. Press "GO"
    3. In the field that says "login" put in a company name and hit the "GO" button.
    4. If it finds a company, click on "I have an existing account" and there you will see how much the discount is for.

If it doesn't find the company it will take you to a form that you put in your company email address and it will try to find it that way.
    Put in Palm...No discount for Palm employees?

Good news though Sprint does give a discount to ATT employeees
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    Hey, here's the link to the national pta online application:
    http://pta.org/national_membership_application.asp

Also, its $25 yearly for membership. (which amounts to a little over $2 per month)
    After you get the 25% off on the bill can you just cancel or do you have to continue to pay the $25 a year? Although cant really complain if you do because you save $17.50 a month if you go with the 69.99, which comes out to $210 a year -$25 a year so you are really saving $185 which is better then nothing.
    this thread was about the Idea of Sprint and Palm requiring Palm's own specific data pack that will be an add-on too ANY plan(obviously included in the SEP plan) so that everyone keeps their plan and sprint and even palm can increase revenue.

If palm and sprint charge 20 bucks and give 5 bucks to palm from that extra charge, then you might even be able to see a cheaper palm pre 2 yr contract
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    The data usage of the Pre will not be "casual."
    You will have to change your plan.
    What are you taling about. Causal EVO is unlimited and under the same "limits" as Powervision.
    It is the full unlimited powervision code for older plans. It is no less usage than the Pre.
    It is used on powerful connected 3G handse such as the HTC touch Pro and Treo Pro.
    Sprint may chose not to allow it fo rthe Pre, but this has nothing to do with the Pre's innate abilities but rather Pre's marketing -- just like Instinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    I never did understand what the free casual usage add on was for...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    No idea. It has been there ever since the new billing system.
    Because like many codes it is there to keep sprint from losing valuable customers. If you know the history of it it is becasue people were promised EVDO for free for re-contracting from to wireless web to vision to powervision and had to keep calling due to billing errors.
    Last edited by aero; 05/07/2009 at 02:32 AM.
    Just to clear the air a bit.

I thought I had read on Sprint's site the the Pre required an Everything plan. That may be true (their web site info has changed repeatedly), but I can't find it.

However, I did find the following on the Inside Sprint web site:

Do I have to get a new plan?
    There are three categories of service plans for this phone—individual, shared, and pooled plans. Some of these plans are existing and some of them are new. In short, the device will require either a Simply Everything/Everything Data Plan or a Business Essentials Data Plan. (UPDATED THE VERBIAGE, AS I HAD THE WORD ‘SIMPLY’ BEORE ‘EVERYTHING DATA PLAN’, SORRY BOUT THAT-SEE NEXT POST ABOUT PLAN OPTIONS IN DETAIL) Even if you are an existing customer, you must switch to one of the approved plans. Remember that the Pre phone requires a data plan to activate the phone, and this is a system function that is unable to be bypassed.

All emphsis was the author's. This can be found on his blog. Here is some additional information about the plan options.

This is from the intro of that page (and this time it's my emphasis that is added):
    Lots of folks have been looking for some clarification on the service plan options for the upcoming Palm Pre… who am I to disappoint? So here are the options that users will have to choose from (whether you’re a new or existing customer, the options are the same):

The blogger claims to be an employee of Sprint (you can read the information about him here). I've never seen him at work, but his information has been pretty reliable so far.

I know this has all been on this forum before, and I apologize about the repetition, but it seems some folks require it...

And yeah, that last one was a smart@ss remark. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Just to clear the air a bit.

I thought I had read on Sprint's site the the Pre required an Everything plan. That may be true (their web site info has changed repeatedly), but I can't find it.

However, I did find the following on the Inside Sprint web site:

Do I have to get a new plan?
    There are three categories of service plans for this phone—individual, shared, and pooled plans. Some of these plans are existing and some of them are new. In short, the device will require either a Simply Everything/Everything Data Plan or a Business Essentials Data Plan. (UPDATED THE VERBIAGE, AS I HAD THE WORD ‘SIMPLY’ BEORE ‘EVERYTHING DATA PLAN’, SORRY BOUT THAT-SEE NEXT POST ABOUT PLAN OPTIONS IN DETAIL) Even if you are an existing customer, you must switch to one of the approved plans. Remember that the Pre phone requires a data plan to activate the phone, and this is a system function that is unable to be bypassed.

All emphsis was the author's. This can be found on his blog. Here is some additional information about the plan options.

This is from the intro of that page (and this time it's my emphasis that is added):
    Lots of folks have been looking for some clarification on the service plan options for the upcoming Palm Pre… who am I to disappoint? So here are the options that users will have to choose from (whether you’re a new or existing customer, the options are the same):

The blogger claims to be an employee of Sprint (you can read the information about him here). I've never seen him at work, but his information has been pretty reliable so far.

I know this has all been on this forum before, and I apologize about the repetition, but it seems some folks require it...

And yeah, that last one was a smart@ss remark. Deal with it.
    You must be a young man, early 20's...... "Deal with it," seriously?......

I understand there is a lot to want to be believed of someone claiming to be an employee, but until it is heard from the horses mouth(Sprint) then it is speculation, open for interpretation.

Taken from : http://insidesprintnow.wordpress.com/about/

I should also take the time to mention that this blog is not related to, written by, or have any relationship to Sprint/Nextel Corporation. Any and all text on this site is that of the respective author, and has no relationship or bearing to Sprint/Nextel. This blog is private in ownership, and while some articles may be authored by an employee of Sprint/Nextel, anything contained within is the opinion of the employee as an individual, and not as a representative of the corporation at large.
    Last edited by bigbad614; 05/07/2009 at 05:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

I really don't see the need for another SERO thread.
    I wouldn't consider this a SERO thread.

Towards the beginning there was a misunderstanding.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    I know you are a member of my forum, and that is where you got this information, but you did not give me any credit what so ever. Sharing some information for others is usually ok but its just common courtesy to quote the source, SprintGurus.
    Yes I did get it from there. I apologize, it was a slip of the brain for not crediting your forum.
    You must be a young man, early 20's...... "Deal with it," seriously?......
    I'll pass that on to my kids (four daughters, aged about 25-29) and 6 grandkids (aged 4 months to 8 years).

Like I said, you guys are a hoot.

I understand there is a lot to want to be believed of someone claiming to be an employee, but until it is heard from the horses mouth(Sprint) then it is speculation, open for interpretation.

Taken from : About Inside Sprint Now

I should also take the time to mention that this blog is not related to, written by, or have any relationship to Sprint/Nextel Corporation. Any and all text on this site is that of the respective author, and has no relationship or bearing to Sprint/Nextel. This blog is private in ownership, and while some articles may be authored by an employee of Sprint/Nextel, anything contained within is the opinion of the employee as an individual, and not as a representative of the corporation at large.
    You did read the article, right? He gave us a walkthrough on setting it up.

Yes, I'll be happy if he's wrong, but I'm anticipating having to change my plan.
    Nothing wrong with anticipation.

I have no problem with changing plans, but I would rather not, obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    After you get the 25% off on the bill can you just cancel or do you have to continue to pay the $25 a year? Although cant really complain if you do because you save $17.50 a month if you go with the 69.99, which comes out to $210 a year -$25 a year so you are really saving $185 which is better then nothing.
    There is no need to continue the membership. Or even have it to start with really, the credit union doesnt check.
    Just a heads up, if you do the $99 everything plan, it cannot be combined with any discount. Once I switch to that plan, they took away my 15% I was receiving just on that plan, the other plan on my account still gets the discount. I spoke to Sprint about it and they said, since the everything plan is already discounter(?) the system does not allow additional discount offers.
    another one of my fav websites ... here are all the companies that get a discount from sprint:

Sprint corporate discount - SlickDeals.net Forums

Thank you Slickdealz.net :-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    There is no need to continue the membership. Or even have it to start with really, the credit union doesnt check.
    But does sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    You could always just join your local PTA for free. I guess that might be a little creepy if you don't have any kids, though.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Thanks for the tip ChiefPlt! I referenced your post on Sprint Gurus. Hope you don't mind. Sprint Gurus Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    You could always just join your local PTA for free. I guess that might be a little creepy if you don't have any kids, though.
    Where I am the PTAs are PCAs, parent community organizations, and mostly not parents or teachers
    Hey guys its getting close to the launch... has anyone thought of a way to keep their SERO Plans?

I just recently bought a Treo Pro on ebay, and then activated the phone without any problems ONLINE.... meaning no confrontation with a sales rep... and had no problems! Was able to keep my SERO plan! it was so easy to transfer the line!

You think i can still do that with the Pre?