View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11515657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1415
    Recently, I read they won't let existing customers buy a pre without a contract and put it on their sero plan. Is this correct? Who would buy one for $1000 out of contract if that is the case?
    Last edited by jayzee; 05/06/2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I'll ask again. Where does it say he can order the phone now? If he can't order the phone yet why add this feature?

You seem to pick and choose when to understand a post. If that's not the case I suggest you read them a bit more thoroughly before you respond. Others wouldn't find your posts as antagonistic if that were the case.
    I understood the post quite well, sorry you didn't understand mine.

He said the plan. I said he should have ordered it (speaking about the plan). To be able to lock in a $20 plan (assuming he would have dropped the casual EVDO, which I think is $10, that'd be a $10 plan add-on) on a phone that is supposed to be out in with in about 55 days, and almost definitely out within 60, would have been a pretty safe bet.

It is a bet that I would have taken. When I ordered the phone, had a rep told me that the "Everything" plan is required, I would have referred her back to the notes on my file, and stated that I ordered the upgraded plan because I was specifically told by the CSR that it covered me, and then would have insisted they give me what they promised.

I suspect I'd have to talk to a supervisor, but I also suspect (from past experience) that the supervisor would have done what was needed.

He never mentioned ordering a phone in his post, or even getting pricing on one. He did mention a pricing on a plan.

Why did you make the assumption I was talking about the phone?

Now, which part of my explanation is inconsistent with my simple post? I'll repeat it for you so you can check...

Should have gone ahead and ordered right then.
    That post was a little better.

If I have to switch, sure ill complain, but ill move on. When they raise taxes, most people complain, then move on.

That complaining is only for venting purposes and this is the place for it. No ones wife or husband want to listen to whining about cell phones, so we do it here.

Thats all. But when a person complains about complainers, is it really that different?

I call a truce and we can wait to see what Sprint brings us.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

I said I would have ordered it (speaking about the plan). To be able to lock in a $20 plan (assuming he would have dropped the casual EVDO, which I think is $10) on a phone that is supposed to be out in with in about 55 days, and almost definitely out within 60, would have been a pretty safe bet.

It is a bet that I would have taken. When I ordered the phone, had a rep told me that the "Everything" plan is required, I would have referred her back to the notes on my file, and stated that I ordered the upgraded plan because I was specifically told by the CSR that it covered me, and then would have insisted they give me what they promised.

I suspect I'd have to talk to a supervisor, but I also suspect (from past experience) that the supervisor would have done what was needed.

He never mentioned ordering a phone in his post, or even getting pricing on one. He did mention a pricing on a plan.

Now, which part of my explanation is inconsistent with my simple post? I'll repeat it for you so you can check...

The CSR confirmed I already had what I needed, not that a plan was available.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    That post was a little better.

If I have to switch, sure ill complain, but ill move on. When they raise taxes, most people complain, then move on.

That complaining is only for venting purposes and this is the place for it. No ones wife or husband want to listen to whining about cell phones, so we do it here.

Thats all. But when a person complains about complainers, is it really that different?

I call a truce and we can wait to see what Sprint brings us.
    Better than what?? Better than your intepretation? I'll make no apologies for what you intepret from me. I said what I said, you took it the way you chose.

I've not called you any names (though you have me), nor have I called anyone else on here names (though they have me). I will say though, you guys are a hoot (though somehow, my thinking some folks on here are entertaining seems to offend some..., even though I wouldn't find it offensive were it said about me).

And, it's not the complaining that I will complain about. It's the ridiculous complaining. Again, no one at Sprint is ripping anyone off. No one is being cheated, no one is getting something yanked away that they were promised.

As for your post, I think you misunderstood the CSR (though I could be wrong). Your plan add on is a casual EVDO user plan (that's what I have, BTW). I think she was trying to tell you would have to update that.

I think she was also wrong.

But, we shall see..
    I have casual EVDO and $20 DATA. I pay my bill every month, I would know........

I used the silly name calling of you, Stupid Dummy Head, as a joke......If you seriously thought I was trying to attack you, you need help.....

CLOSE THIS THREAD!!

He said the plan. I said he should have ordered it (speaking about the plan). To be able to lock in a $20 plan (assuming he would have dropped the casual EVDO, which I think is $10, that'd be a $10 plan add-on) on a phone that is supposed to be out in with in about 55 days, and almost definitely out within 60, would have been a pretty safe bet.

I'll repeat again. What's there to order? It takes you a paragraph to dig your way out of the pits you dig for yourself. Bad, you're making a mistake if you think this guy is capable of keeping a any kind of peace treaty much less empathizing with anyone that sees things differently than him.

I side with the camp saying Sprint should allow older plans with no added fee. A compromise of $10-15 wouldn't be to my choosing, but I'd consider accepting it based off of reviews when the phone is out. The single user EP is something I just wouldn't be interested in. If the phone is really that amazing I'd get with some friends and do a family plan and ironically pay less than I'm doing now. So much for Sprint doing this to generate more revenue. Although I hope to be that wowed, it'll take quite a bit to make one jump through that many hoops.
    The data usage of the Pre will not be "casual."

You will have to change your plan.

[/thread]
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    This may have already been mentioned but ... I think they should go with the old school high top fade instead of the fro ... LOL ... Read the title ... How's that for a first post?!
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    The data usage of the Pre will not be "casual."

You will have to change your plan.

[/thread]
    I have Casual usage, which is free, as well as $20 data pack.....
    I never did understand what the free casual usage add on was for...
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    No idea. It has been there ever since the new billing system.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    I have casual EVDO and $20 DATA. I pay my bill every month, I would know........

I used the silly name calling of you, Stupid Dummy Head, as a joke......If you seriously thought I was trying to attack you, you need help.....

CLOSE THIS THREAD!!
    Ahhh, my apologies. I didn't realize you had both. Why do you have both?

Ignore me. I rarely have any idea what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Derek Kessler; 05/06/2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: D'oh!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I have no idea. Ive always had the $20 data, but when the billing system changed, casual usage was there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Well, I can see two options:
    1) Your personal phone and your work phone. Different carriers/phones/preferences/whatever.
    2) You have a GSM smartphone for the day, and for nights out you carry a small GSM dumbphone with the same SIM (and thus contacts). If it weren't for Sprint, this would be my arrangement.
    I'm still trying to figure out what in the world he has. In spite of Darrion88's assessmet of me (I think he has a hard time dealing with someone that disagrees with him...) I'm trying to understand what BigBad614's got. I'm trying because I have pretty much the same setup.

I'll be honest though, even thoug my bill is paid every month, I really don't know what's on it, my wife pays the bills. My job is to earn the money, her job is to spend it, it works well for us. However, the bill stays about the same as what it was when we signed up, and that's all I worry about.

I assumed that the casual EVDO (which I have) was just an add on data pack. Now I'm beginning to think it's a billing code that allows those of us on the older plans to continue on them with a data plan.

If that's correct (and I plan on finding out tomorrow), I still say it bodes ill for those hoping to continue using it with the Pre.

Oh, and a final note. Hey Mods!- Those that throw out a comeback shot, and then ask that the thread be closed, I say that they should be ignored. What they're asking for is "let my have my say, let me insult freely, let me make accusations against another, let me make my all important point no matter how whiney it may sound, and then please make the others shut up."
    I said close the thread because we were gettibg nowhere and if the thread got closed, maybe the conversation could have restarted under a better light.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    My understanding is that you just have to tell them that you bank at a credit union and you get 10% off your monthly bill.

But there's an even better deal available - if you're a member of Alliant Credit Union, you can get 25% off your monthly bill! You can sign up as a member of Alliant on their website. There's a bunch of organizations that make you qualify - if you're not already part of any of them, you can sign up for the National PTA online and that makes you eligible. Then you can go to Sprint: and get the discounts on service plans there. It's a pretty amazing deal to save 25%!
    can you explain how to do this and/or give a link to national pta onlines site?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by despo88 View Post
    can you explain how to do this and/or give a link to national pta onlines site?

thanks
    Hey, here's the link to the national pta online application:
    http://pta.org/national_membership_application.asp

Also, its $25 yearly for membership. (which amounts to a little over $2 per month)
    I'm still trying to figure out what in the world he has. In spite of Darrion88's assessmet of me (I think he has a hard time dealing with someone that disagrees with him...) I'm trying to understand what BigBad614's got. I'm trying because I have pretty much the same setup.

I'll be honest though, even thoug my bill is paid every month, I really don't know what's on it, my wife pays the bills. My job is to earn the money, her job is to spend it, it works well for us. However, the bill stays about the same as what it was when we signed up, and that's all I worry about.

I assumed that the casual EVDO (which I have) was just an add on data pack. Now I'm beginning to think it's a billing code that allows those of us on the older plans to continue on them with a data plan.

If that's correct (and I plan on finding out tomorrow), I still say it bodes ill for those hoping to continue using it with the Pre.

Oh, and a final note. Hey Mods!- Those that throw out a comeback shot, and then ask that the thread be closed, I say that they should be ignored. What they're asking for is "let my have my say, let me insult freely, let me make accusations against another, let me make my all important point no matter how whiney it may sound, and then please make the others shut up."
    Hahaha, rationalize it however you like. I've read quite a few posts on here where others have felt the same about your posts, so I suggest you avoid projecting anything onto those of us who disagree with you.

I imagine Sprint will reaccess their position in a few months if sales aren't where they'd like them to be. Some have stated since this didn't happen with the Instinct it's not likely with the Pre. The same could occur here however, Sprint is up against a wall. If this doesn't hit they'll be putting a lot of options on the table.
    Last edited by Darrion88; 05/07/2009 at 01:26 AM.