View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1415
    2:53:03 PM System
    Connected to sprint-ap1.cnxchat.com
    2:53:03 PM System
    Session ID: 6001388
    2:53:08 PM System
    Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly.
    2:53:13 PM System
    Hi! Thanks for waiting. Because we take your security and privacy very serious, please be prepared to provide your account PIN or password or security answer.
    2:53:28 PM System
    Jeremy W has joined this session!
    Connected with Jeremy W
    Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Jeremy W. How may I assist you today?
    2:54:03 PM Me
    I am looking at my plan and what to Palm "Pre"-pare my plan.
    2:54:34 PM Jeremy W
    I will be more than happy to look into this for you, may I please have your first and last name?
    2:54:42 PM Me
    2:56:08 PM Jeremy W
    Thank you for that information. One moment please while I pull up your account.
    2:58:13 PM Jeremy W
    I would recommend an everything data plan for your lines to share.
    2:58:34 PM Me
    I want to stay very close to what I pay now.
    2:58:46 PM Me
    If not cheaper.
    2:59:39 PM Jeremy W
    There are no plans in the price range of the plan that you on now that are capable of what is required for the Pre.
    2:59:53 PM Jeremy W
    You could add data to your line for $15 per month.
    3:00:13 PM Me
    I already have data on both lines.
    3:00:48 PM Jeremy W
    A plan change will not be required if you have data on the plan.
    3:01:26 PM Me
    So, they way I stand right now, my plan is compatible with the Pre?
    3:01:34 PM Me
    *the
    3:01:48 PM Jeremy W
    Yes, that is correct.
    3:02:17 PM Me
    I definitely want to double check, because there is alot of hoopla about having to have an everything plan.
    3:02:58 PM Jeremy W
    I understand, however if you have a data plan on your current plan you will be able to keep your plan.
    3:04:03 PM Me
    Can you verify my plan to reassure me.
    3:05:34 PM Jeremy W
    I see that you are on the Fair and Flexible family plan.
    3:06:56 PM Me
    and?
    3:08:19 PM Jeremy W
    With unlimited mobile to mobile, night and weekends starting at 6 pm, sprint casual data
    3:08:42 PM Me
    unlimited data for 20.00
    3:09:14 PM Jeremy W
    The data plus pack is $20 per month.
    3:09:25 PM Me
    # Sprint Data Plus Pack 20.00
    3:09:35 PM Me
    and that is eligible on the Pre?
    3:10:04 PM Jeremy W
    It will work with the Pre.
    3:10:18 PM Me
    thank you very much for your time.
    Should have gone ahead and ordered right then.
    Kind of related question. I called Sprint today to inquire about a plan discount. I am with AT&T and receive 20% off my bill and 30% off accessories because I am a teacher.

Sprint said they also have the 20% discount and then she said something about an extra $150 off new purchases when eligible for an upgrade.

I asked her to clarify because I was confused, and this was the impression I got:

Example: Palm Pro on Sprint's website has this listed:

Regular Price $549
    Instant Savings -$250
    Mail in Rebate -$100
    New Price: $199

Do I receive $150 off of that $199 price making my total $50??
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Anyone know what it takes to qualify for the 27% discount?
    You would have to work for the company that is given that discount. I wrote earlier about a site that you could enter in a company name and it will tell you that discount. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Click on this link...

NationLink Wireless / Home

1. Where the drop down box in the upper right says "login", choose "VIP Member."
    2. Press "GO"
    3. In the field that says "login" put in a company name and hit the "GO" button.
    4. If it finds a company, click on "I have an existing account" and there you will see how much the discount is for.

If it doesn't find the company it will take you to a form that you put in your company email address and it will try to find it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Do I receive $150 off of that $199 price making my total $50??
    Doubtful. Although, I believe you can save $50 by entering promocode "SAVE50" at checkout making your total $149.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Do you have to have a smart@ss remark every time?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    You would have to work for the company that is given that discount. I wrote earlier about a site that you could enter in a company name and it will tell you that discount. Try it.
    I cannot check my employer's discount on that site. Besides, I already know what my employee discount is. Further, I do not believe the above site would be inclusive of all available qualifiers for discounts, since the site I am guessing, does not include an above posters referenced credit union membership earning a discount of a whopping 25%. Since I do not believe the credit union will issue an email address to its members, there would be no way to check your referenced site for that particular discount. Thus I am asking if anyone knows of another way to qualify for the 27% discount.

I may, in fact, be eligible to receive above 25% credit union discount with enough finagling. But 27% would be better.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I cannot check my employer's discount on that site. Besides, I already know what my employee discount is. Further, I do not believe the above site would be inclusive of all available qualifiers for discounts, since the site I am guessing, does not include an above posters referenced credit union membership earning a discount of a whopping 25%. Since I do not believe the credit union will issue an email address to its members, there would be no way to check your referenced site for that particular discount. Thus I am asking if anyone knows of another way to qualify for the 27% discount.

I may, in fact, be eligible to receive above 25% credit union discount with enough finagling. But 27% would be better.
    I think I read somewhere that the highest they go is 30%! That would be nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    Do you have to have a smart@ss remark every time?
    It wasn't. You should have. If I had had a similar conversation with a CS rep, that's exactly what I have done.

My experience with CSRs with Sprint is that their information is frequently off. I was told similar information the very first time I called them and asked about the Pre. I was also told it would be available "any day now" back in March.

When I asked her to confirm the "any day now", it turned out it was for the Pro. Ooops.

When I asked her if I could have my account notated that it was confirmed that I had everything I needed for the Pre (her conversation ran very similar to yours), she said she'd have to check. She came back and said that the details on requirements for the Pre had not been confirmed yet.

In other words, everything she told me was a guess.

2 or 3 devices ago (I think it was when I went from my 700p to my 750p), I was told, when I ordered it, that my plan qualified. I asked that it be noted on my account before I ordered the phone.

It came in, and when I went to activate it, I was told that my plan was discontinued, and I had to go to a new plan. I asked them to check, because I was assured that I would not.

She checked, saw the notation, and made whatever code entries they needed to make.

If/when CSRs at Sprint tell me I can order the Pre now, or on such and such date, I will either order it immediately, or have it noted that I was told it would be availble on such and such date.

If/when CSRs at Sprint tell me that my plan qaualifies, or that I can purchase a very inexpensive plan that will qualify, I will ask that my account be noted and order what they request.

Now, I have to ask you,

Why are you so insecure in your posts that you assume a simple statement like mine was a smart@ss response? Especially in light of your "name calling" rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It wasn't. You should have. If I had had a similar conversation with a CS rep, that's exactly what I have done.

My experience with CSRs with Sprint is that their information is frequently off. I was told similar information the very first time I called them and asked about the Pre. I was also told it would be available "any day now" back in March.

When I asked her to confirm the "any day now", it turned out it was for the Pro. Ooops.

When I asked her if I could have my account notated that it was confirmed that I had everything I needed for the Pre (her conversation ran very similar to yours), she said she'd have to check. She came back and said that the details on requirements for the Pre had not been confirmed yet.

In other words, everything she told me was a guess.

2 or 3 devices ago (I think it was when I went from my 700p to my 750p), I was told, when I ordered it, that my plan qualified. I asked that it be noted on my account before I ordered the phone.

It came in, and when I went to activate it, I was told that my plan was discontinued, and I had to go to a new plan. I asked them to check, because I was assured that I would not.

She checked, saw the notation, and made whatever code entries they needed to make.

If/when CSRs at Sprint tell me I can order the Pre now, or on such and such date, I will either order it immediately, or have it noted that I was told it would be availble on such and such date.

If/when CSRs at Sprint tell me that my plan qaualifies, or that I can purchase a very inexpensive plan that will qualify, I will ask that my account be noted and order what they request.

Now, I have to ask you,

Why are you so insecure in your posts that you assume a simple statement like mine was a smart@ss response? Especially in light of your "name calling" rant.
    If it was available to order he would have done so along with everyone else waiting on this phone. That's why it was taken as a needless remark.
    name calling rant? Please...

unfortunitly, based on my prior experience with you and your responses, they are not helpful and are smart@ss responses.

No insecurity here.....

If you would have initially responded with you last info instead, I probly would not have thought that way.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    My understanding is that you just have to tell them that you bank at a credit union and you get 10% off your monthly bill.

But there's an even better deal available - if you're a member of Alliant Credit Union, you can get 25% off your monthly bill! You can sign up as a member of Alliant on their website. There's a bunch of organizations that make you qualify - if you're not already part of any of them, you can sign up for the National PTA online and that makes you eligible. Then you can go to Sprint: and get the discounts on service plans there. It's a pretty amazing deal to save 25%!
    I followed that link. There are some discounts available. Unfortunately, the SE plan is NOT one of the plans that you can get a discount on. SE is still $99.99.
    This thread should be closed.

A debate on how the pricing might be and what people want has turned into people who want to not have to pay more being flamed by diehard spenders.........

Why does the response end up being childish, "Dont let the door hit you where the Lord split you", "Go somewhere else", "Enjoy paying more elsewhere."

That is as childish as name calling, hence my comment "Stupid Dummy Head!"
    I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    If it was available to order he would have done so along with everyone else waiting on this phone. That's why it was taken as a needless remark.
    Go back and read the post he put up:

3:05:34 PM Jeremy W
    I see that you are on the Fair and Flexible family plan.
    3:06:56 PM Me
    and?
    3:08:19 PM Jeremy W
    With unlimited mobile to mobile, night and weekends starting at 6 pm, sprint casual data
    3:08:42 PM Me
    unlimited data for 20.00
    3:09:14 PM Jeremy W
    The data plus pack is $20 per month.
    3:09:25 PM Me
    # Sprint Data Plus Pack 20.00
    3:09:35 PM Me
    and that is eligible on the Pre?
    3:10:04 PM Jeremy W
    It will work with the Pre.
    3:10:18 PM Me
    thank you very much for your time.
    The $20 data plan is available right now. If I was told that, I would order it right then.

You guys really need to chill some.
    You should really go back and read all of your posts. Each one has a negative response.

I have nothing against you, just not a good experience of your responses. Whether it was towards me or someone else.
    name calling rant? Please...

unfortunitly, based on my prior experience with you and your responses, they are not helpful and are smart@ss responses.

No insecurity here.....

If you would have initially responded with you last info instead, I probly would not have thought that way.
    There is no "help" for "I want what I want no matter what they say"; however, I haven't responded to you at all with a smart@ss remark. I've stated my opinions, and done so without regret. Sorry you don't like them, but I'd say looking at overall track record, I've been here a while, and have been helpful on the forum.

However, you gotta have a little give guy.
    Then why respond to me in such a way?

Ive said several other times that if I have to change my plan, then so be it.

You keep dictating what the plan has to be and no one, including you have a record of Sprint actually stating the reqirements. instead you skoff at anyone who talkd about what they want.

It's only hopes and dreams and untill the Pre is actually sold to someone and Sprint has the requirements laid out, you are no more right than me or anyone else.

So, you, please chill.
    I second the thread closure.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Go back and read the post he put up:

The $20 data plan is available right now. If I was told that, I would order it right then.

You guys really need to chill some.
    I'll ask again. Where does it say he can order the phone now? If he can't order the phone yet why add this feature?

You seem to pick and choose when to understand a post. If that's not the case I suggest you read them a bit more thoroughly before you respond. Others wouldn't find your posts as antagonistic if that were the case.
    Then why respond to me in such a way?

Ive said several other times that if I have to change my plan, then so be it.

You keep dictating what the plan has to be and no one, including you have a record of Sprint actually stating the reqirements. instead you skoff at anyone who talkd about what they want.

It's only hopes and dreams and untill the Pre is actually sold to someone and Sprint has the requirements laid out, you are no more right than me or anyone else.

So, you, please chill.
    Hmmm, don't think you got any of that from me.

You did state that Sprint has never said that an everything plan was required. I asked if you were sure. You never responded. Actually, they did have on their website (at one time), that it was required. It was discussed in detail on here as well. Plus, I've spoken to CSRs (as I've related in another thread) that said an Everything Data plan is going to be required.

But, I don't know that for sure. I can't say I've done it every time, but I've tried to have my posts with "apparently" added each time.

Personally, I think I'm going to have to update to the an everything plan. I hope I don't, but I think I will.

I won't yell and scream that it's not fair, or that they're ripping me off, or that it's like paying for insurance for something that I don't want, or any of the other nonsense.

Bottom line is that a thread like this is not for "help". What it is is a bunch of folks saying they want their own way about something.

There's no "help" here. Sprint is not going to log in and say "Oh look, he has the "Best Idea fro (sic) Sprint Regarding Pre plan picing".

We will all see what the phone requires. Then, we will each decide whether or not we like it. All the ranting about how unfair it all is unlikely to change anything.

Ranting that it's unfair when it really isn't definitely won't.
    Last edited by hparsons; 05/06/2009 at 05:04 PM.