View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1415
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yeah, pretty sure I get a 20% ish or so for working for the government, which is why I'm actually considering this.

I figure I can't live off my $16.99 employee plan + 20 data plan that I've had since I was 16 working at Staples forever
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    That is true, but I am a data user, using an average of 200 talk minutes a month, so that works for me.
    Same here. I average about 30 talk minutes a month. And that's on a talkative month! lol.

I'm still going to try & stack the discounts. =P
    A credit union works like a bank, but is "community owned" and not for profit. They are separate things though, so if your organization says "bank" or at least doesn't explicitly say "credit union", it's probably not one. A quick Google shows National City is not. If you want to be sure, find the place on the web site where it says your account is insured. If it's insured by the FDIC, it's a bank. If it's insured by the NCUA, it's a credit union.

I actually am a member of a credit union so the 10% discount is a nice find. I'm not about to lie to try to get a bigger discount though. Honesty people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Same here. I average about 30 talk minutes a month. And that's on a talkative month! lol.

I'm still going to try & stack the discounts. =P
    You can stack a 10% loyalty discount on top of an employee discount, but there is only room for one employee discount on an account.
    I'm a credit union member too but 10 % off the cheapest ED plan is $63.
    Since I'm on SERO, I can get the ERP for $60 and get 50 more monthly minutes. Of course we all know you can't get discounts on the ERP, so unless you can get 25 % off the ED to get it down to $53, it may make sense to get the $60 ERP for the extra 50 minutes.
    15% for military.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Also if you're a student, you can check your university to see if they offer a discount. You don't have to be employed by the school, just being a student normally qualifies you for a discount. Mine, NJIT, offers 15%.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    Hey all, I just came across this on the insidesprintnow website:
    Palm Pre Plan Choices « Inside Sprint Now

It mentions something about a 10% discount that anyone can get by simply saying they belong to a credit union. I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Can someone clarify? How does one go about getting that discount?
    Aren't those just the basic plans that Sprint offers, not necessarily "pre-specific?" The image of the chart is embedded inside a table that has "Palm Pre Data Plans" in a "caption" that's not part of the image (which is presumably a scan from some kind of Sprint document?)

I'm still waiting for something "official" from Sprint that outlines which plans will be available with the Pre. Methinks the blogger is just trying to generate traffic on his/her blog.

As for the discounts, Sprint has offered them for several years for employees/members of different companies/organizations they do business with (or otherwise have discount agreements with - I think employees of the company I work for get a 18% discount).
    Last edited by Grim; 05/06/2009 at 02:32 PM.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Also if you're a student, you can check your university to see if they offer a discount. You don't have to be employed by the school, just being a student normally qualifies you for a discount. Mine, NJIT, offers 15%.
    How can you see if your school qualifies?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Click on this link...

NationLink Wireless / Home

1. Where the drop down box in the upper right says "login", choose "VIP Member."
    2. Press "GO"
    3. In the field that says "login" put in a company name and hit the "GO" button.
    4. If it finds a company, click on "I have an existing account" and there you will see how much the discount is for.

If it doesn't find the company it will take you to a form that you put in your company email address and it will try to find it that way.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I work for a company that allows for employees to get a 25% personal discount at Sprint. For the 1st time I was considering a Simply Everything Plan ($99) & dumping my land line.

However, as I look at this chart, it says N/A for all the discounts in this plan. Does anyone know if that means no discount is offered w/the Simply Everything Plans?

Cheers
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I work for a company that allows for employees to get a 25% personal discount at Sprint. For the 1st time I was considering a Simply Everything Plan ($99) & dumping my land line.

However, as I look at this chart, it says N/A for all the discounts in this plan. Does anyone know if that means no discount is offered w/the Simply Everything Plans?

Cheers
    Correct. The $99 simply everything plan can't be used with the employee discount. The 450 and 900 everything data plans can be used, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason12 View Post
    How can you see if your school qualifies?
    Go here and enter your school email address.

Sprint Nextel Discounts | Employee Value Program | EVP Online | Find Your Cellular Discount Plan, Cell Phone, & Accessories

It's gonna send you emails regarding how to activate the discount.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Go here and enter your school email address.

Sprint Nextel Discounts | Employee Value Program | EVP Online | Find Your Cellular Discount Plan, Cell Phone, & Accessories

It's gonna send you emails regarding how to activate the discount.
    You will need to use a school-based email address I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    You will need to use a school-based email address I believe.
    I thought that was pretty much implied when I said school email address and the @yourcompany.com part of the example at the link.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I thought that was pretty much implied when I said school email address and the @yourcompany.com part of the example at the link.
    Sorry. Missed that. I just kind of glanced over the post without really paying attention.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Correct. The $99 simply everything plan can't be used with the employee discount. The 450 and 900 everything data plans can be used, though.

Thanks. Too bad, though, as Sprint just lost some revenue from me. I rarely exceed 450 minutes anyway (my current limit), but didn't want to have to worry about it. Now I will keep the lower, discounted plan, vs paying more--w/similar usage for the Simply Everything plan.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    I actually am a member of a credit union so the 10% discount is a nice find. I'm not about to lie to try to get a bigger discount though. Honesty people.
    It doesn't cost anything to join Alliant Credit Union except a $5 deposit. You can then get 25% off Sprint plans and have your morality intact

Alliant Credit Union | About | Locations
    I called customer service and gave them a code for an employer on the business partner list. The representative asked for my email address to complete the form (I gave her my Yahoo email address) and she told me that she will put the request in for processing, and if approved, I should see the discount on my bill within 3 billing cylces.

We'll see.

UPDATE:

Congratulations! This email confirms that the discount of 27% has been
    successfully added on your account against the monthly recurring
    charges.

It will take up to 1 - 2 billing cycle for the discount to appear on
    your invoice. You can view this discount on your invoice under the
    heading "Service Discounts/ Charges" with the description "Employee
    Discount Sprint/Nextel."

Thank you for choosing Sprint!

Sincerely,
    Baker S
    Sprint
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 05/06/2009 at 02:41 PM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Anyone know what it takes to qualify for the 27% discount?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)