View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 58 of 71 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1415
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Everything else isn't basically the same, tho. The individual lineup of Sprint's Everything plans are as follows:

Unlimited BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS)
    GPS Navigation
    Music Premier
    TV Premier
    NFL Mobile Live
    NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
    Unlimited Direct Connect

Powervision packs, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $don$'$t$ $include$ $any$ $of$ $that$.
    Don't care about BIS as I don't have a Blackberry. Don't care about GPS, I have a Garmin that works just fine. Don't care about Music Premier,. Not much there that really gets me going. Nothing on TV premier thaat I care about. I already get NFL Mobile Live. I'm not a NASCAR fan. I don't use Direct Connect.

Now, again, why do I need to spend that much more???
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Don't care about BIS as I don't have a Blackberry. Don't care about GPS, I have a Garmin that works just fine. Don't care about Music Premier,. Not much there that really gets me going. Nothing on TV premier thaat I care about. I already get NFL Mobile Live. I'm not a NASCAR fan. I don't use Direct Connect.

Because that is what Sprint will charge for service associated with a Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    If I'm already going to pay twice as much more (and I decide to pay), I better want the Pre more then I do the next iphone or I'm ex-sprint.
    Dont let the door hit ya where the lord split ya.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    You didn't properly follow the string of arguments
    No, I followed it quite well. You picked out one thing to respond to, and he aswered. Because of that one thing, you brought up the insurance "example".

The problem is that the Everything data plans include lots of other benefits, not just one, like your insurance example.

Sigh....

I'm probably going to get flamed again for repeating things.

Because the phone you (apparently) want is only being offered by one service, and they (apparently) are requiring it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnutty View Post
    Because that is what Sprint will charge for service associated with a Pre?
    Do you suppose if it's repeated often enough, it'll sink in
    If I'm already going to pay twice as much more (and I decide to pay), I better want the Pre more then I do the next iphone or I'm ex-sprint. If I can keep my plan, I'll stick with sprint no matter what ATT does.
    You're going to pay twice as much anywhere for any new featurephone, even at Sprint.

That's a given. So pick the featurephone you like, whether it be Pre or iPhone or G1 or Storm, stick with it, and please stop expecting to enjoy 1998-2002 plan pricing on a 2009 smartphone with features that weren't even offered back then.
    You don't. Just don't get the Pre. There are plenty of phones including your current one where you can continue to enjoy the same rate. Just be ready to abandon this plan for ANY new featurephone on ANY carrier.
    http://insidesprintnow.files.wordpre...ng?w=505&h=487

More from the Inside Sprint blog.
    This thread should be closed.

A debate on how the pricing might be and what people want has turned into people who want to not have to pay more being flamed by diehard spenders.........

Why does the response end up being childish, "Dont let the door hit you where the Lord split you", "Go somewhere else", "Enjoy paying more elsewhere."

That is as childish as name calling, hence my comment "Stupid Dummy Head!"
    Threads like this are useless. No amount of bickering is going to convince those who pay 30 a month that doubling their plan has benefits or that they don't have a right to keep it for life. And those willing or are already in the required plans won't have much sympathy.

Those with the 30 a month or older similar plans should feel lucky they still have them considering what plans now are. The lowest plan is 59 a month single on the SERO site. Obviously the Family Plus ones are better if you can spit the cost with someone. This should be your focus (if you want a Pre) because no amount of griping is going to get you a Pre at 30 a month.

It's 110.00 for 1600 minutes, unlimited data, text, blah blah blah. Find two others and you'll pay about 41.00 a month each (split among 3 people).. Add even one more user and split 4 ways its down to 35.00 a month each for 400min a piece.

That's the cheapest way to go IMO. Yep, might be a pain to find someone you can trust enough to share with but there ya go.
    Hey all, I just came across this on the insidesprintnow website:
    Palm Pre Plan Choices Inside Sprint Now

It mentions something about a 10% discount that anyone can get by simply saying they belong to a credit union. I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Can someone clarify? How does one go about getting that discount?
    My understanding is that you just have to tell them that you bank at a credit union and you get 10% off your monthly bill.

But there's an even better deal available - if you're a member of Alliant Credit Union, you can get 25% off your monthly bill! You can sign up as a member of Alliant on their website. There's a bunch of organizations that make you qualify - if you're not already part of any of them, you can sign up for the National PTA online and that makes you eligible. Then you can go to Sprint: and get the discounts on service plans there. It's a pretty amazing deal to save 25%!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    My understanding is that you just have to tell them that you bank at a credit union and you get 10% off your monthly bill.
    What is a credit union? Would any bank qualify? I'm in National City, would I qualify? (I'm sorry if there is an obvious answer, I'm just not very well versed in banking systems)
  15. joelpalm
    I work for Bank of America and we get that 27% discount on monthly plans, that is the only reason I started looking at Sprint and in turn, found out about the Pre
    I just have to tell them that? No need for proof?
    My employer already knocks off 16%...Raising it up to 26% off would be nicer.
  17. joelpalm
    I don't think you can stack discounts, whichever one is the biggest discount is the one you get to choose, from what I understand. Otherwise I would grab 37%
    If you're a member of Alliant Credit Union, you can get 25% off your monthly bill!
    It's only on "select" plans and unless you're only interested in a Data Everything or a Family plan there isn't much for individuals. 900min won't cut it for me and most people I know. Too bad they didn't offer the discount on the SE plan.
  19. joelpalm
    That is true, but I am a data user, using an average of 200 talk minutes a month, so that works for me.