View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 57 of 71 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1415
  1. #1121  
    Just so I'm clear here: The complaint is that Sprint is unfairly charging for services you don't want in order to get you to buy the Pre. But their plan essentially covers every known carrier service and technology in America today and for the forseeable future so once you're on it, this won't happen again and you'll still enjoy the most services for the lowest price of any major carrier.

    So....you're complaining that they're answering your complaint? Ok.
  2. #1122  
    Why must this topic always degrade to personal fights and a closed thread?
  3. #1123  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Just so I'm clear here: The complaint is that Sprint is unfairly charging for services you don't want in order to get you to buy the Pre. But their plan essentially covers every known carrier service and technology in America today and for the forseeable future.

    So....you're complaining that they're answering your complaint? Ok.
    A year and a half ago my SERO plan covered everything too. Just like other peoples plans is. Does Everything include 4G? Sprint says it's coming. Will that cost more too when it is available. (probably) By the way, if the Pre was 4G, and 4G was rolled out, I would definitely be more compelled to agree to switch plans without a fight. That way I'd actually be getting something for the extra money.

    And my complaint isn't just that it's services I don't want. It's that services that aren't even available on one (of two) of the only devices that (may) have this requirement. All of the services mentioned are either included in my plan or available ala cart now. What am I getting by paying twice as much? (on the service side, not the device. Charge me what you want for the device.)
  4. #1124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Why must this topic always degrade to personal fights and a closed thread?
    Its because of condecending responses.
  5. #1125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    ...
    What am I getting by paying twice as much? (on the service side, not the device. Charge me what you want for the device.)
    The phone that you want.

    The same phone that uses the data network more continuously than any other phone they've offered.
  6. #1126  
    Oh and by the way, just as a quick aside. Either accept it or don't, what choice do I have...

    I guess I shouldn't bother to vote either. Or discuss the stimulus package. Or write my congressman, because ultimately, whatever I do probably won't matter. I either accept it or not. Heck, I don't even have the choice to not accept it.

    I guess I should change accept everything and like it.
  7. #1127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Yes, I can be vocal about it, so in case Sprint is listening, they know how this requirement will make me and many others very frustrated and unhappy customers.
    ...
    This may come as news to you, but I don't think your insurance example on your car is going to make much of an impresion on them, business case wise that is.

    But, give it your best shot.
  8. #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    The phone that you want.

    The same phone that uses the data network more continuously than any other phone they've offered.
    I thought about this, but I'm not sure. I bet I end up using less data because I'll be using Wifi for a lot of bandwidth intensive applications at home or at work (and increasingly, many other places). That's an option not available on my Centro, so I'm forced to use EVDO for everything.
  9. #1129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    A year and a half ago my SERO plan covered everything too. Just like other peoples plans is. Does Everything include 4G? Sprint says it's coming. Will that cost more too when it is available. (probably) By the way, if the Pre was 4G, and 4G was rolled out, I would definitely be more compelled to agree to switch plans without a fight. That way I'd actually be getting something for the extra money.
    You are getting something extra: The phone at a fully subsdized rate and on the only carrier who will have it for some time. And it will utilize those packed-in services quite well.

    And my complaint isn't just that it's services I don't want. It's that services that aren't even available on one (of two) of the only devices that (may) have this requirement. All of the services mentioned are either included in my plan or available ala cart now. What am I getting by paying twice as much? (on the service side, not the device. Charge me what you want for the device.)
    You just said the services are a la carte. Well, now they're included. You said charge you what they want for the device? They are. They just do it on the service side. That's what all carriers do.
  10. #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    This may come as news to you, but I don't think your insurance example on your car is going to make much of an impresion on them, business case wise that is.

    But, give it your best shot.
    This example was to counter the argument that someone made that I should accept paying twice as much for the convenience of not having to switch plans if I get a Blackberry or other smartphone in the future.

    That argument didn't make much of an impression on me, in case you didn't follow it.
  11. #1131  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    You are getting something extra: The phone at a fully subsdized rate and on the only carrier who will have it for some time. And it will utilize those packed-in services quite well.



    You just said the services are a la carte. Well, now they're included. You said charge you what they want for the device? They are. They just do it on the service side. That's what all carriers do.
    Cool, so what if I agree to pay full price, and not the fully subsidized price. Then I can activate the Pre, just like if you pay full price you can activate the instinct. That does seem fair!

    Oh wait, you can't with the Instinct. And if they make the requirement, you won't be able to with the Pre either.

    Some carriers allow you to buy unlocked phones (that you were willing to pay more for), slide in your SIM card, and go about your business.
  12. #1132  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    I thought about this, but I'm not sure. I bet I end up using less data because I'll be using Wifi for a lot of bandwidth intensive applications at home or at work (and increasingly, many other places). That's an option not available on my Centro, so I'm forced to use EVDO for everything.
    Sigh....

    It's not about "you". It's about everyone.

    There was a time when my parents had a "party line" on their old phone. Then the ma bell offered an single-subscriber line that cost extra. Eventually, everyone had to pay the "extra", even if they didn't mind having a party-line.

    That's the way of business. Things change. Little by little (or maybe even in big strides) the wireless companies are going to go the same route as the wired phone company (and eventually companies) did. Bundling features.
  13. #1133  
    compare sprint pricing to vzw or att pricing and then come back and complain.
  14. #1134  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sigh....

    It's not about "you". It's about everyone.

    There was a time when my parents had a "party line" on their old phone. Then the ma bell offered an single-subscriber line that cost extra. Eventually, everyone had to pay the "extra", even if they didn't mind having a party-line.

    That's the way of business. Things change. Little by little (or maybe even in big strides) the wireless companies are going to go the same route as the wired phone company (and eventually companies) did. Bundling features.
    At least a single party line is a legitimate feature. Many of these "features" are marketing smoke and mirrors.
  15. #1135  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    This example was to counter the argument that someone made that I should accept paying twice as much for the convenience of not having to switch plans if I get a Blackberry or other smartphone in the future.

    That argument didn't make much of an impression on me, in case you didn't follow it.
    Except your example didn't parallel his. He gave a long list of features that were included in the everything plan, not just the BIS. If your retort had been something like "my ins. co. offers a plan for premium cars (like the Porsche), a discount for drivers my age, no penalty for drivers that have tickets ...." etc, then your analogy might have made sense.

    As it stood, it didn't.
  16. #1136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    At least a single party line is a legitimate feature. Many of these "features" are marketing smoke and mirrors.
    Good grief.

    Yes, many of them are. Many of them aren't. My landline package includes caller ID. It also includes call waiting. I can't get a discount for not including either of them, but I don't need either of them, because I don't use the phone except to take messages. It doesn't even have a phone hooked up, just an answering machine.

    Is that a "marketing smoke and mirrors"? Well, to me it migh me, because I don't need or want them.
  17. #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    compare sprint pricing to vzw or att pricing and then come back and complain.
    Yea I guess, but lets rough this out and consider it this way.

    I pay $30 and change right now for Sero. The cheapest Everything plan (less minutes then I currently have), is like $70.

    That is an increase of about 130%! (For very little new service, but let's not discuss that right now)

    The iPhone plan is like $70. I do need the texts though. I don't use a ton. I could prob get away with the 200 plan for an extra $5.

    So that puts me at about $75.

    Yes, I admit, $75 IS more then $70.

    So basically the Pre plan would be an increase of 130% and the iPhone plan would be 150%. The difference between the iPhone plan and the Sprint plan pails in comparison to the massive difference what I'm paying now, and what the new phones will require me to pay.

    The increase to me to get an iPhone would be about $5 more.

    If I'm already going to pay twice as much more (and I decide to pay), I better want the Pre more then I do the next iphone or I'm ex-sprint. If I can keep my plan, I'll stick with sprint no matter what ATT does.
  18. #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Yea I guess, but lets rough this out and consider it this way.

    I pay $30 and change right now for Sero. The cheapest Everything plan (less minutes then I currently have), is like $70.

    That is an increase of about 130%! (For very little new service, but let's not discuss that right now)

    The iPhone plan is like $70. I do need the texts though. I don't use a ton. I could prob get away with the 200 plan for an extra $5.

    So that puts me at about $75.

    Yes, I admit, $75 IS more then $70.

    So basically the Pre plan would be an increase of 130% and the iPhone plan would be 150%. The difference between the iPhone plan and the Sprint plan pails in comparison to the massive difference what I'm paying now, and what the new phones will require me to pay.

    The increase to me to get an iPhone would be about $5 more.

    If I'm already going to pay twice as much more (and I decide to pay), I better want the Pre more then I do the next iphone or I'm ex-sprint. If I can keep my plan, I'll stick with sprint no matter what ATT does.
    nobody ever said you'd go through life unscathed.
  19. #1139  
    You didn't properly follow the string of arguments. The insurance argument was a response to THIS thread of arguments:

    Originally Posted by bigbad614
    Im not arguing, just curious. What's the benefit of having BIS without a Blackberry?

    Also direct connect.
    It's too keep you from having to jump plans again if you switch to another smartphone with some proprietary quirk like that.

    ...

    I don't want to pay now for things "just in case" I get a different device later. Just like I don't want to pay for insurance for an expensive car "just in case" I happen to get one. It follows perfectly.
    Last edited by Captweez; 05/05/2009 at 09:07 PM.
  20. #1140  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    nobody ever said you'd go through life unscathed.
    Sorry, I'm not sure what this added to the conversation. Perhaps you can elaborate?

    Furthermore, weren't you the one that challenged me to compare prices?
    Last edited by Captweez; 05/05/2009 at 09:33 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions