View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 56 of 71 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1415
  1. #1101  
    NASCAR is available, GPS is available, TV is available, no word yet on NFL. But you act like everyone on these plans gets everything on them, not everyone has every function and they are not going to create a new plan for every phone and every firmware version of every phone. By having everyone pay for everything, like in the cable example, the entire package is cheaper for all. That is the business model they decided on. They would get more people buying the plans this way than separately, because separately the actual cost per person would be far higher. Like the options for a la carte cable, some channels people want would cost a hell of a lot more than they might want to pay, package everything together and it works out cheaper per person.
    Is it fair? No.
    Does it have to be? No.
    Does it keep average prices down? Yes.
    Do some people end up using less and paying more than they might separately? Yes.
    Do others use more and pay less than they otherwise would? Yes.
    Does this optimize profits for the business? Yes.
  2. #1102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Ha :-) Maybe I should go ahead and pay for car insurance on a Porsche rather then my banged up Chrysler, so I don't inconvenience myself by having to switch plans if I happen to get one.

    I see why the BB Internet services is included with the plan, but you can't tell me that it logically follows that I should accept paying more for Everything Plans based on the fact it includes services that aren't even available on the device.
    You know folks this is getting to point of being stupid.

    BIS being available is not a reason for acecpting an Everything plan.

    However, the fact that the only service provider that is offering the phone that you (apparently) want (apparently) requires it is.

    Deal with it

    Or Not.

    Your choice. Simple.
  3. #1103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Ha :-) Maybe I should go ahead and pay for car insurance on a Porsche rather then my banged up Chrysler, so I don't inconvenience myself by having to switch plans if I happen to get one.
    This is just plain bizarre. People are complaining about having to switch to "pricey" plans just for a certain handset or two. Sprint finds a way to prevent this, essentially futureproofing your plan so you won't have to go through this AGAIN when the next Pre-caliber device hits (and throw in a bunch of extra services you may or may not want, to boot).

    And for that, you complain anyway?! Why?
  4. #1104  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    "Half"? Only BIS and Direct Connect.

    NFL, NASCAR, TV, Radio, and navigation will be in one form or another.

    How many data partner services do you get bundled with competing smartphones? If you don't want them and don't want to pay for them, you should buy a another smartphone. If you go to another carrier, be prepared to pay even more.
    I have a Centro, I think I get a few of these services, bundled now.

    I think you're overestimating the value of these services. What if they pre install a fart app, and charge $0.50 more a month for that? You'd accept that right? Hey, even if you don't want it, it makes it cheaper for everyone if we all pay for it.

    Out of all the justifications one might use to explain why an Everything Plan requirement should be accepted by the consumer, the fact that the plan includes BB service and Direct connect, are not one of them.
  5. #1105  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You know folks this is getting to point of being stupid.

    BIS being available is not a reason for acecpting an Everything plan.

    However, the fact that the only service provider that is offering the phone that you (apparently) want (apparently) requires it is.

    Deal with it

    Or Not.

    Your choice. Simple.
    There is no need to react that way. this is a debate and people have opinions.
  6. #1106  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    This is just plain bizarre. People are complaining about having to switch to "pricey" plans just for a certain handset or two. Sprint finds a way to prevent this, essentially futureproofing your plan so you won't have to go through this AGAIN when the next Pre-caliber device hits (and throw in a bunch of extra services you may or may not want, to boot).

    And for that, you complain anyway?! Why?
    Is it future proofing? Who says for the next hot phone you won't need the Super Everything Mega Deluxe plan for $150 a month?
  7. #1107  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    This is just plain bizarre. People are complaining about having to switch to "pricey" plans just for a certain handset or two. Sprint finds a way to prevent this, essentially futureproofing your plan so you won't have to go through this AGAIN when the next Pre-caliber device hits (and throw in a bunch of extra services you may or may not want, to boot).

    And for that, you complain anyway?! Why?
    You say that, but paying for unlimited data was the original fix. Now this.

    This won't be the last plan known to man, so it isn't preventing this from happening again.....
  8. #1108  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You know folks this is getting to point of being stupid.

    BIS being available is not a reason for acecpting an Everything plan.

    However, the fact that the only service provider that is offering the phone that you (apparently) want (apparently) requires it is.

    Deal with it

    Or Not.

    Your choice. Simple.
    I will eventually make the decision on whether to accept it or not. But I don't have to like it, and last time I checked, since this is a free country, I can make the simple choice to discuss it.
  9. #1109  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    There is no need to react that way. this is a debate and people have opinions.
    You're right, and my opinion is that the "debate" is stupid.

    I'll repeat.

    BIS being available is not a reason for acecpting an Everything plan.

    However, the fact that the only service provider that is offering the phone that you (apparently) want (apparently) requires it is.

    Deal with it

    Or Not.

    Your choice. Simple.
  10. #1110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    What if they pre install a fart app, and charge $0.50 more a month for that? You'd accept that right? Hey, even if you don't want it, it makes it cheaper for everyone if we all pay for it.
    If the fart included plan was still cheaper than anyone else's - yep.

    If the farted phone was one I really wanted, bad enough that I was willing to pay the extra - yep.

    See, it's simple.

    I'd probably ask if said farted phone was some sort of Steve Jobs revolutionary device though...

    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Out of all the justifications one might use to explain why an Everything Plan requirement should be accepted by the consumer, the fact that the plan includes BB service and Direct connect, are not one of them.
  11. #1111  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    I will eventually make the decision on whether to accept it or not. But I don't have to like it, and last time I checked, since this is a free country, I can make the simple choice to discuss it.
    Absolutely it's a free country. And, feel free to discuss it or not (and I'll feel similarly free to discuss your discussion of it);

    But I have to ask, what are the options besides what I said?

    Is there something you can do beyond dealing with it, or not dealing with it?
  12. #1112  
    was it really necessary to repeat that statement again?

    STUPID DUMMY HEAD! ;p
  13. #1113  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    You say that, but paying for unlimited data was the original fix. Now this.

    This won't be the last plan known to man, so it isn't preventing this from happening again.....
    I challenge you to show me where Sprint ever said that paying for unlimited data was "the original fix".

    Now you guys are making things up as you go.

    Unlimited data was the offering for the phone you had. Not for a future phone, and not for an indeterminate amount of time. The offer was for your contract period.
  14. #1114  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    was it really necessary to repeat that statement again?

    STUPID DUMMY HEAD! ;p
    Apparently so.

    I'm impressed with your comeback though. Keep in mind, "impressed" means you've made an impression ... of some sort...
  15. #1115  
    or you could go to att or vzw and bend over and pay 50%+ more every month - without any lube.
  16. #1116  
    The phone isn't out and there has been no statement on requirements.

    You make it sound like you know its gospel.
  17. #1117  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    The phone isn't out and there has been no statement on requirements.

    You make it sound like you know its gospel.
    Huh?? No statements on requirements? Are you sure???

    Might need a few things repeated...
  18. #1118  
    If your goal is to come on here and be a pompas, you win....... I'll stop responding.
  19. #1119  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Absolutely it's a free country. And, feel free to discuss it or not (and I'll feel similarly free to discuss your discussion of it);

    But I have to ask, what are the options besides what I said?

    Is there something you can do beyond dealing with it, or not dealing with it?
    Yes, I can be vocal about it, so in case Sprint is listening, they know how this requirement will make me and many others very frustrated and unhappy customers.

    I don't know how it will shake down, whether I'll get the Pre, whether I'll be annoyed at Sprint and go elsewhere if they try to force me off my plan eventually. Whether I'll decide the new iphone has some great features that I'd rather have, if I have to pay a ton anyways. (Yes I know iphone plans are more expensive, but the difference isn't as great as the difference between what I pay now and an everything plan.) If I'm going to pay $70 for a plan, I might as well pay $10 more and get the new iphone if I decide it's better. It could work out that way, who knows.

    And you might think that I'm only one person, and Sprint shouldn't care about me or the others who might be in the same situation. One customer won't hurt, but the fact that they are bleeding customers by the hundreds of thousands is a problem. And it costs more to attract new customers then it does to keep existing ones.
  20. #1120  
    There has been only recommendations.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions