View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1415
  1. #1061  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    But you've been doing it since you first ever owned a phone. It's called MONTHLY PLAN. You are paying to use a phone... I don't see your logic.



    Now you are being dramatic........... If I am already paying for data, why should I have to pay for "Pre Data?" Obviously there is monthly service for use........Thanks Captain Obvious.....

    It's just as foolish as Crackberry and iPhones........

    I understand that they want to get away from Sero accounts, but if you are already paying for a normal plan with unlimited data and texting adding more services is nickle and diming people.........

    The only reason Sprint would do such a thing is because of their mistakes in the past and they want to pass off there screw-ups to the customer. Any company that does that is wrong for doing it. Higher-ups should take pay cuts, not punish the customer.

    Whether they add it or not, I will still get a Pre. I am just voicing my beliefs.
  2. #1062  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    Now you are being dramatic........... If I am already paying for data, why should I have to pay for "Pre Data?" Obviously there is monthly service for use........Thanks Captain Obvious.....
    Possibly because the new device is more data dependent than the old device, and thus uses it more?

    I don't know, just a thought.
  3. #1063  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Possibly because the new device is more data dependent than the old device, and thus uses it more?

    I don't know, just a thought.
    I can see your point.

    Companies should pay more attention to words and theirs uses. Unlimited is Unlimited.

    If they want to start new rules for new contracts, fine have at it, but don't punish long standing customers.

    Not that I would leave Sprint, but I believe that would be one reason someone would.
  4. #1064  
    No it's not Sprint asking you to pay for data twice. Just a $20-30 Pre data plan. Just think of Blackberry and Apple when you look at this situation.
  5. #1065  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    No it's not Sprint asking you to pay for data twice. Just a $20-30 Pre data plan. Just think of Blackberry and Apple when you look at this situation.
    So what you are saying is my Power Vision would be converted to Pre Vision?


    I already pay 20 bux a month.
  6. #1066  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    Now you are being dramatic........... If I am already paying for data, why should I have to pay for "Pre Data?" Obviously there is monthly service for use........Thanks Captain Obvious.....

    It's just as foolish as Crackberry and iPhones........

    I understand that they want to get away from Sero accounts, but if you are already paying for a normal plan with unlimited data and texting adding more services is nickle and diming people.........
    For one thing, you're not on a normal plan, and for another, its people like you and your SERO account who are nickle and dimeing Sprint to death.

    The Pre, like Blackberrys are always connected and use far more data than any feature phone.

    You gotta pay to play with the big boys.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
  7. #1067  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    For one thing, you're not on a normal plan, and for another, its people like you and your SERO account who are nickle and dimeing Sprint to death.

    The Pre, like Blackberrys are always connected and use far more data than any feature phone.

    You gotta pay to play with the big boys.
    WTF are you talking about??? I don't have a Sero account.......

    Try reading again.........

    I'll accept your apology....
  8. #1068  
    What he means is quit whining and start looking at the Everything plans. You'll be getting one if you want the Pre.
  9. #1069  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    What he means is quit whining and start looking at the Everything plans. You'll be getting one if you want the Pre.
    He said, "you and your Sero account."

    That IS what he meant....
  10. #1070  
    haha, I love you guys.. This Pre section is A LOT better than SU's. I can say what I want to say.
  11. #1071  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    WTF are you talking about??? I don't have a Sero account.......

    Try reading again.........

    I'll accept your apology....
    If you're not on a SERO account then why are you talking about them.

    Please explain what plan you are on because with data added on it cant be much cheaper than the Everything Data 450.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
  12. #1072  
    BB has a 30 add-on for its "email"

    why not having 20 addon for palm's "cloud" or whatever. It will increase palm's revenue and also keep everyone happy on thier existing plans
  13. #1073  
    Read this,

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    If you already are paying for unlimited data and phone service and text messaging.........

    all done--it's paid for....
    Then this,

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    He said, "you and your Sero account."

    That IS what he meant....
    and reconcile them for us.


    And finally, for this:

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    Companies should pay more attention to words and theirs uses. Unlimited is Unlimited.

    If they want to start new rules for new contracts, fine have at it, but don't punish long standing customers.

    Not that I would leave Sprint, but I believe that would be one reason someone would.
    They are not punishing you. They are not requiring you to give up your plan. You are free to keep it. However, if you want the new phone, you have to use the new plan. So, they are starting new rules for new contracts. In addition, they are starting new rules for new devices.
  14. #1074  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    I can see your point.

    Companies should pay more attention to words and theirs uses. Unlimited is Unlimited.

    If they want to start new rules for new contracts, fine have at it, but don't punish long standing customers.

    Not that I would leave Sprint, but I believe that would be one reason someone would.
    I think you're just being daft, sir.

    Do you buy "unlimited" internet from Cox, Comcast, or AT&T, and then wonder why you have to pay to watch movies on Netflix instantly or to acquire downloads from iTunes?

    Sprint's unlimited data is just that, but Sprint - just like phone companies and cable companies before them - is bundling services to provide a better value to its customers and potential new ones. The Pre is a device partly designed to take advantage of each and everyone of those services (e.g. Sprint TV, Sprint Navigation, Sprint Radio, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, etc.).

    Those services are provided by partners like The NFL, NASCAR, and Telenav. And to make these viable to the original content provider, Sprint has to guarantee usage and revenue, hence the need for the Everything Plans.

    "But wait", you say. "I don't want anything but Web browsing, calling, and texting. Why should I have to pay for those services when I won't use my phone with them?"

    The answer is simple: You don't. Pick another phone. The Sprint Pre is made to use a suite of services out of the box - no exceptions. If you want to wait for the Verizon Pre or AT&T Eos or whatever - have at it. You'll pay MORE than even the Everything rates, but you'll get way less value adds. But at least you can stick it to Sprint for trying to "make" you enjoy all those value-added services, eh?
  15. #1075  
    Its funny how a conversation can take a random turn. Data is data..... if youtube wants to charge for use, fine. If sprint decides to require everything plans, fine, if sprint requires data, fine.

    What makes no sense is attacking someone for a sugggestion even after it was stated I would buy it reguardless......

    I have fair and flexible with data, messaging, insurance.
  16. #1076  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    For one thing, you're not on a normal plan, and for another, its people like you and your SERO account who are nickle and dimeing Sprint to death.
    What a strange thing to say. Most users of Sprint are not on a "normal plan" and they are not "nickle and diming sprint to death."

    Sprint created a myriad of discounts as part of their own brand identity long ago.

    To say people on corporate discoutns, or getting a loyalty discount, or on a family plan are hurting sprint when sprint would probably be dead without them is just plain silly. You certainly would have no pre if it were for those customers because Palm would not go with a carrier that had 20 million contract customers.

    I don't agree with all of what bigbad614 wrote, or that SERO should get Pre, but your response is over the top.

    If he has a normal plan that includes unlimited texting and data and is not an everything account he is like literally millions and millions of sprint cutomers not on an everything plan and not on SERO -- and Sprint has been telling him he can keep his old plan or matching its price with discoutns in order for him not to leave.

    Sprint's customers did not create the discount culture, Sprint did, and because without it they can't compete.
  17. #1077  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    What makes no sense is attacking someone for a sugggestion even after it was stated I would buy it reguardless......

    I have fair and flexible with data, messaging, insurance.
    I'm not attacking you nor am I here to convince you to buy the Sprint Pre. I'm just taking issue with your perspective on Sprint's Pre plan requirements. Civil disagreement, really...
  18. #1078  
    I'll agree to disagree.
  19. #1079  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    To say people on corporate discoutns, or getting a loyalty discount, or on a family plan are hurting sprint when sprint would probably be dead without them is just plain silly. You certainly would have no pre if it were for those customers because Palm would not go with a carrier that had 20 million contract customers.
    I agree. Sprint survives because of the value it provides and the low-cost of getting it. And it doesn't hurt Sprint to shave a little off a bill for loyalty or corporate affiliation (disclosure: I get a 25% corporate discount, and that is what initially brought me to them in 1998) in return for contract stability and renewals.

    But Sprint can't survive that much longer without 1) hot internet-centric phones and 2) Data plans that bundle services and drive up ARPU.

    And Everything plans are a significant discount over virtually every competitor in the market while offering more services, so I don't see how this is a significant departure from the great price/value combo of old SERO or F&F plans.
  20. #1080  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    So I talked to someone higher up in the corporate food chain at Sprint today and learned some interesting things.

    Before EVDO, the plans were called Vision and worked with 1XRT data phones. When EVDO was launched and phones with EVDO came out, it was never meant to work with an old 1XRT Vision plan, it was supposed to only work on the new Power Vision plan. Due to an internal system glitch Sprint CSR's were able to add phones like the Palm 700p on a Vision plan and EVDO would continue to work. Now Sprint is cracking down on the practice of EVDO phones being added to old 1XRT plans and getting EVDO free. .
    Lol the person you spoke to was not high up on the food chain and is pulling your leg. They have the history of the move from wireless web to vision to power vision a little confused.

    When EVDO was launched there was not a "glitch" that allowed user of 700p to get power vision -- it was a process that was place intentionally by Sprint.

    You can read the whole correct history of this from the time of the 700p release in spring of 07 on sprintusers.com

    Sprint didnt opt to crack down or try to stop it in fact they created a code to facilitate it called "casual EVDO."

    You are making something Sprint did on purpose to keep customers sound like some kind of glitch or workaround -- it was a intentional policy to keep customers.

    The "old plans" are not 1x data plans they are unlmited EVDO plans. My plans has CASUAL EVDO plans.

    Do you even realize there are two different price structures for the same old plans for 1x vision and power vision through casual EVDO?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions