View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1415
    To be honest, I'm not worried one bit about being able to use my sero with the pre... I'm positive that I won't have trouble activating sero on my pre....

Why? I don't think the instink went as well as sprint planned... plus, they want to push this phone out... palm knows about sero... it would be a bit mess if they did not allow sero....

Call me a fool, but I really believe sprint is going to do the right thing with this phone and not play too much with plans. They need this phone to be a success... as much as palm does....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Free nights and weekends are part of the SERO contract, as is EVDO Powervision Data. So it sounds like SERO might be ok if this is true.
    This is not 100% by any stretch for SERO. I didn't ask specifically about SERO so I don't know what's involved. But remember, even if you have a Power Vision plan the first thing you're going to hear when you try to add a Pre to your account is, "Sorry, you have to change your plan to one of our Everything Data plans or SE." It's gonna take a lot of work to have someone at Sprint to change that plan to work. SERO codes (I suspect) might be impossible for anyone at Sprint to add a phone like the Pre to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Free nights and weekends are part of the SERO contract, as is EVDO Powervision Data. So it sounds like SERO might be ok if this is true.
    I really hope you are correct. Losing my SERO account is a deal breaker for me.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I want to keep mine as much as anyone's but between that Inside Sprint blog and the CS rep I talked to yesterday, it's not going to happen.
    Like the line from Animal House, "War's over, Wormer dropped the big one."
    If you want the Pre, wave bye bye to SERO.
    The only way I can think of keeping your SERO or any plan you currently have and adding a Pre is to change the ESN number in the Pre. Since nobody has the phone yet, we don't know how difficult this would be but it probably would require a person like Shadowmite (who is now an iPhone user).

I'm hoping some Linux gurus will step out of the shadows when the Pre launches and start hacking and cracking the hell out of it.
    Let everyone keep their accounts. But make them add on a PRE Data pack(even if they are on SERO) for like lets say 20 bucks a month. if you have sero, great but then Pay the 20 bucks for the Pre.

what do you guys think? I think the BB approach is better than forcing plan changes
    I am hoping this is true because I have a family plan with 6 lines and only need data on maybe 3 of them. Not to mention that my minutes happen to lie between their two plans so I would be forced to go with the higher plan and have wasted minutes every month.
    This confirms some of the things I have seen happen to my account over the past year. I had free data (was Vision and then upgraded to PV when I moved to the Q9c), N&W @ 6, free text msg, discounts, etc. Those all had expiration dates in the system as I found out once they simply disappeared from my bill. The codes were harder to come by for the CSR's. I finally moved to a SE Messaging Family plan and they still gave me data for my line for free (charged me $10, then credited me $10). That ran out last month and they apologized, but they no longer had codes for it. I am cool with it (unlike some SERO folks....oh, I won't go there.. ) because $10 data is still a STEAL! Now this $10 data is supposedly EVDO (it is billed as PV) because my TP works on it fine. So I am interested to see if I can keep it at $10/mo if I add a Pre.

I still have a 15% employee discount, but I figured all of the other stuff was going to come to an end at some point. Sprint is still a good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    .....Shadowmite (who is now an iPhone user).
    Ah, was wondering where he went......
    I think having to pay to use a phone, besides buying it, is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Let everyone keep their accounts. But make them add on a PRE Data pack(even if they are on SERO) for like lets say 20 bucks a month. if you have sero, great but then Pay the 20 bucks for the Pre.

what do you guys think? I think the BB approach is better than forcing plan changes
    I actually think it would be a great idea to be able to buy a Data pack only for like $20 a month (less would be better, but....)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    Is there a phone in existence that comes with its own perpetual service?

I understand people got insane SERO deals way back when, but those days are ending one way or the other. Either Sprint converts a lot more postpaid customers with smartphones and featurephones to Everything plans (and leaves the SERO stragglers behind with a wack handset selection) OR they fail to do so, go out of business/get acquired, and then you're stuck paying the higher rates at other carriers for less services.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    To be honest, I'm not worried one bit about being able to use my sero with the pre... I'm positive that I won't have trouble activating sero on my pre....

Why? I don't think the instink went as well as sprint planned... plus, they want to push this phone out... palm knows about sero... it would be a bit mess if they did not allow sero....

Call me a fool, but I really believe sprint is going to do the right thing with this phone and not play too much with plans. They need this phone to be a success... as much as palm does....
    I have talked to higher ups in retention and you need either a S
    EP or a business essentials?
    I would love it if they went this route, but I really don't see it happening for the same reason mikah stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason12 View Post
    I am hoping this is true because I have a family plan with 6 lines and only need data on maybe 3 of them. Not to mention that my minutes happen to lie between their two plans so I would be forced to go with the higher plan and have wasted minutes every month.
    They are being creative, they are going to have me put my lines 3 and 3 with 1500 mins.
    currently i have 5 and 2 with 3000 on master plan

and it going to cost me around 30-40 dollars more a month but that will be 4 Pre's
    right now I pay 360 for the 7 lines
    it's a little complicated!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Is there a phone in existence that comes with its own perpetual service?
    Ipod touch + VOIP?

Ok we're not there yet, but I think that'll be the future. Cell companies will sell you internet, and you'll go through a VOIP service. Companies will hold onto Voice service as long as possible, but one will give into voip, and they'll all have to follow.
    If you already are paying for unlimited data and phone service and text messaging.........

all done--it's paid for....
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    But you've been doing it since you first ever owned a phone. It's called MONTHLY PLAN. You are paying to use a phone... I don't see your logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Ipod touch + VOIP?

Ok we're not there yet, but I think that'll be the future. Cell companies will sell you internet, and you'll go through a VOIP service. Companies will hold onto Voice service as long as possible, but one will give into voip, and they'll all have to follow.
    Um.. But that's not a phone.

But even at that, VoIP isn't free unless it's to other like VoIP users (Example: Skype to Skype calls). You use "Skype" to a landline or any other non Skype account user, and you still get charged. Even if the prices are still a lot less.

And Skype is coming to the iPhone I believe, and if not, you still have Cydia that I'm sure possibly offers something of this nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Ipod touch + VOIP?

I have Skype on my Treo Pro and it works okay with my standard data program. It works really well when I connect to my home wifi. It's still a little buggy but not bad. There is no bluetooth support yet. I have to use an ear piece plugged into my phone or else there is an echo, but all my calls on Skype don't count against my minutes.

Skype for outgoing calls only, is about $26 a year.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's