View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1415
  1. #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by CriminalEnterprise View Post
    If they offered a meaningful enticement to SERO subscribers to get them to re-up contracts at a higher cost per month and still let them feel as though they're getting a great bargain, phones like the Pre and Instinct would sell very well indeed.
    Um, the phone is the enticement.
  2. #1002  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    What if that special SERO priced unsub Pre cost 800 or so? :P
    Then you would get a free phone and make $200 during the course of the next two years by keeping SERO. :P
  3. #1003  
    Quote Originally Posted by compneo View Post
    I still say Palm needs EVERY sale they can get. It is more than just a phone sale.

    If they allowed SERO great, I would pay unsub price (like all these other whiney SERO users), and I would use my Garmin like I always have.
    Except Palm has no control on SERO. They can't tell the phone company (Sprint) they have to make less on certain customers because they (Palm) wants to sell more phones.

    On the other hand, Sprint may decide (and apparently has decided) that they don't want the customers that were getting the special pricing to transfer that special pricing to the new hot phone.
  4. #1004  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Except Palm has no control on SERO. They can't tell the phone company (Sprint) they have to make less on certain customers because they (Palm) wants to sell more phones.

    On the other hand, Sprint may decide (and apparently has decided) that they don't want the customers that were getting the special pricing to transfer that special pricing to the new hot phone.
    I never said Palm has control over SERO. I stated a general fact. That is that Palm needs every sale they can get. That can not be disputed. I'm sure Palm will not say that they can afford to pick and choose their customers. Regardless of who controls what, Palm still needs every sale they can get.

    Everyone is aware that they may not allow non Everything users to have the new hot phone. This has been reflected by over 900 posts in this thread alone. Thanks for the heads up though.
  5. #1005  
    What a surpise, sprint dicking over its customers like usual.

    Sprint finally has a good phone but screws over more than half of its users to make more money. They just dont get it. Sprint really does not deserve this phone because they always find a way to screw something up.

    I'm not going to lie and talk about how i'm going to leave my SERO plan because frankly it is an amazing value but what I am going to do is hope that SPRINT goes bankrupt for their constant idiotic mistakes.

  6. #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by lookitsrobss View Post
    ... I'm not going to lie and talk about how i'm going to leave my SERO plan because frankly it is an amazing value but what I am going to do is hope that SPRINT goes bankrupt for their constant idiotic mistakes.
    Wouldn't you then have to give up your SERO plan?
  7. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wouldn't you then have to give up your SERO plan?
    definition of irony?
  8. jbc28's Avatar
    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #1008  
    I just had 2 chats with CSR. The first lady said that old sero was allowed with the Pre. I asked if this was certain, and she stuck to her story. The second lady said that old sero was allowed too. I asked for verification, and she came back with a "sorry, it is not compatible, but we have some similar plans". LOL...gotta love the highly informed Sprint CSR.

    I have 3 old SERO plans. 2 1250 minute lines and 1 500. My wife uses one of the 1250's. I could drop the 500 and get the SE unlimited plan for myself for not much more per month. Or I could get the new 3000 minute SER0 and add a line for about the same money. The unlimited minutes would be nice. I am usually almost at the limit with both of my lines. I do like to keep different lines for my separate businesses, though......decisions, decisions.
  9. #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    definition of irony?
    Like I keep saying, these guys are a hoot.
  10. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #1010  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Like I keep saying, these guys are a hoot.
    that's gotta be one of the top 5 greatest quotes on this board.

    I'm not going to lie and talk about how i'm going to leave my SERO plan because frankly it is an amazing value but what I am going to do is hope that SPRINT goes bankrupt for their constant idiotic mistakes.
    lookitsrobss, where else would you go if what you hoped for comes to pass? cause I would be willing to bet you're not getting sero plans on verizon or AT&T, not anywhere close.
  11. #1011  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    definition of irony?

    Yes I would and I would be happy. SERO is like an addiction, I can't give it up, I just can't, but if its totally gone then I would be happy to go to ATT and get an iPhone.

    Sprints absolutely awful and the only reason im still with them is SERO. I just hope the upcoming SPRINT android devices will work on SERO.
  12. #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    When I talked to a Sprint analyst, she said the phone could not be activated unless you have an SE plan. She further explained that a Sprint rep will not be able to add the phone to your account without an SE plan because the computer system will block them from adding it unless an SE plan is already in place.
    This seems to contradict other information we've seen, which says that Sprint will require Pre customers to subscribe to *one of* the "Everything" plans. The $99 "Simply Everything" plan is the most expensive such plan, but it is not the only one.
  13. #1013  
    Quote Originally Posted by lookitsrobss View Post
    Yes I would and I would be happy. SERO is like an addiction, I can't give it up, I just can't, but if its totally gone then I would be happy to go to ATT and get an iPhone.

    Sprints absolutely awful and the only reason im still with them is SERO. I just hope the upcoming SPRINT android devices will work on SERO.
    What don't you like about Sprint? I've found their service (both reception and customer service) to be fantastic. The fact that I'm on SERO just makes it even better.

    The only issues I've had have been phone related - I made the terrible, terrible mistake of getting a Motorola Q. Sprint has replaced it for me a couple times and it's actually been working pretty well now for over 8 months.

    I have nothing bad to say about Sprint - Verizon and AT&T are different stories.
  14. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #1014  
    If we could only get the angry SERO guys to pay 2 or 3 times as much and go elsewhere. Then at least we'd be minus one group of whiners. Personally, I'd very much like it if they would go whine about the iPhone and lower the noise level around here.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  15. #1015  
    I truly can't see anyone switching to Sprint simply b/c of the Pre. There is not a huge price differential between the iphone plan and the sprint plans that are being required. $10 is not going to sway hordes of customers. I don't really see it. Yes, with the simply everything, you get unlimited everything, but with the $70 iphone plan, you get enough texts, data, and voice for most consumers, so the fact that you have unlimited everything doesn't matter b/c many people don't use up what the standard iphone plan already buys you. I will be interested in the Pre sales reports 2 quarters after the Pre has been released. I think that there might be an initial positive response simply b/c it's new. But by quarter 2, I think any novelty factor will have worn off. I agree with the reports that the Pre is almost dead on arrival b/c they had a 6 month window, but now that is gone with the next iphone being released ~6 weeks after the Pre comes out. I'm not exactly sure why Palm is releasing with Sprint. Yes, they have a history with them, but if I were Palm, I would have tried to go with Verizon from the beginning. Again, it's interesting that almost everyone agrees that as a product, the Pre is top-notch. All the lamenting is really focusing on things that are external (albeit crucial factors) to the Pre device itself. It's sad, but I see the Pre being about as successful as the Treos currently are. Weren't we all going Treo Pro! Treo Pro! Treo Pro! Finally, a thin 0.5" blackberry, except it's a Treo! That's everything that we've ever wanted. I certainly felt that way. And now it was old news before it even launched. 6 months later, it's still a niche device despite being the best Treo that Palm has ever produced. What makes anyone think that the Pre is going to be any different? As I said in a different thread, they need to make the Pre $45 for voice + unlimited data. It won't happen, but that's what it will need to get people talking and provide enough of an impetus for a mass migration of new Sprint customers.

    I won't be getting the Pre as things stand now because I keep comparing it to the iphone. But now I see that the Pre costs basically as much as the iphone, so why not just get the real thing?
  16. #1016  
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    I truly can't see anyone switching to Sprint simply b/c of the Pre. There is not a huge price differential between the iphone plan and the sprint plans that are being required. $10 is not going to sway hordes of customers. I don't really see it. Yes, with the simply everything, you get unlimited everything, but with the $70 iphone plan, you get enough texts, data, and voice for most consumers, so the fact that you have unlimited everything doesn't matter b/c many people don't use up what the standard iphone plan already buys you. I will be interested in the Pre sales reports 2 quarters after the Pre has been released. I think that there might be an initial positive response simply b/c it's new. But by quarter 2, I think any novelty factor will have worn off. I agree with the reports that the Pre is almost dead on arrival b/c they had a 6 month window, but now that is gone with the next iphone being released ~6 weeks after the Pre comes out. I'm not exactly sure why Palm is releasing with Sprint. Yes, they have a history with them, but if I were Palm, I would have tried to go with Verizon from the beginning. Again, it's interesting that almost everyone agrees that as a product, the Pre is top-notch. All the lamenting is really focusing on things that are external (albeit crucial factors) to the Pre device itself. It's sad, but I see the Pre being about as successful as the Treos currently are. Weren't we all going Treo Pro! Treo Pro! Treo Pro! Finally, a thin 0.5" blackberry, except it's a Treo! That's everything that we've ever wanted. I certainly felt that way. And now it was old news before it even launched. 6 months later, it's still a niche device despite being the best Treo that Palm has ever produced. What makes anyone think that the Pre is going to be any different? As I said in a different thread, they need to make the Pre $45 for voice + unlimited data. It won't happen, but that's what it will need to get people talking and provide enough of an impetus for a mass migration of new Sprint customers.

    I won't be getting the Pre as things stand now because I keep comparing it to the iphone. But now I see that the Pre costs basically as much as the iphone, so why not just get the real thing?
    Sadly what you say is true, at least for me. If I were going to spend $60/mo for a phone plan I would be taking a very long look at the iPhone for another $10/mo.

    I think Palm went with Sprint because of price - AT&T and Verizon are both more expensive. That, and because of Sprint's position Palm knew they could rely on them to make a strong marketing push for the Pre.
  17. #1017  
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    $10 is not going to sway hordes of customers. I don't really see it. Yes, with the simply everything, you get unlimited everything, but with the $70 iphone plan, you get enough texts, data, and voice for most consumers, so the fact that you have unlimited everything doesn't matter b/c many people don't use up what the standard iphone plan already buys you.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, in the $69.99 iPhone 3G plan you get 450 minutes and unlimited internet but 0 texts. For 200 texts it's an additional $5, for 1500 texts its $15, and unlimited is $20. Maybe it's my age bracket, but I don't know anyone who uses less than 200 texts a month.
  18. #1018  
    Quote Originally Posted by lookitsrobss View Post
    Sprints absolutely awful and the only reason im still with them is SERO. I just hope the upcoming SPRINT android devices will work on SERO.
    Why wait? Why not go?

    Oh, never mind, that'd spoil the "poor me" party.
  19. #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by compneo View Post
    I agree. The only point I dont agree (my opinion) on is with Sprint forcing existing customers into paying more money for the same services they are already getting just to use the "new flashy phone".
    Respectfully, I think you misapprehend what Sprint sees when it looks at the Pre. It is not what you see.

    Sprint sees it as a marketing tool, and one with a cost for which they expect a return. They see the effort and investment in bringing the Pre, taking the risk with Palm (which no matter how much you like the Pre, is the most troubled and risky maker to partner with), whatever adverting they do for the Pre -- all as if they are paying for an advertisement. From Sprints point of view The Pre is an advertisement for Sprint services, specifically its service aimed at Palms key non competitive market -- high revenue users and users that can be converted to higher revenue.

    I understand why you don't like it. I am more worried they will carry the model of forced conversion to higher plans to future phones like the Touch Pro 2 or any number of handsets in future if they do well converting customers via Pre.

    I just don't think we can be angry. Sprint signaled its intention to do this in the first 10 minutes of the January announcement and Sprint CEO Dan Hesse used terminology that made this a near certainty as soon as Colligan stopped speaking.

    I think anyone with SERO who had the slightest expectation misled themselves. My very first comment on Pre here back in January was to note the 100% script conformity with the Instinct announcement and the fact that the first words out of Hesse's mouth at Pre Announcement event were "ARPU" and "Simply Everyuthing, exactly like he did after he and the President of Samsung launched the Instinct, the "Best in Show" of the 07 CTIA four and a half months before Instinct hit the stores..
  20. #1020  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why wait? Why not go?

    Oh, never mind, that'd spoil the "poor me" party.
    Dude, you should read through your posts and see just how obnoxious you really are.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions