View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 49 of 71 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
    Check this out -
    Sprint Overage Relief Minutes
    11 03 2009

Tired of paying $.40/per minute or more for using more minutes that your plan allows per month? There’s a little known tip to help avoid paying the ridiculous price for overages. You have to be alert and plan ahead to get the savings, but it’s well worth it. For instance if you used 200 minutes over your plan in any given month, you would have to pay $80 in overage – with the tip below, those same 200 minutes only cost you $10 ! It does pay to plan ahead, or at least to know what day your bill cycle ends and how to check your MOU (minutes of use).

Here’s how it works! Sprint offers ‘Overage Relief Minutes’ to customers who have used more minutes than allotted in their plan. The purpose was originally intended to help customers in ‘one-time’ situations or to use as part of an offer to entice you to upgrade your plan starting with your next bill cycle while providing the overage for the current month at a discounted amount.

* You MUST call in before your bill cycle ends. Overage Relief Minutes can only be added before your bill generates. Nor care or account services or anyone can change this. If you waited too late, you’ll just have to pay for your usage and mark your calendar next month for your cycle end date.
    * Overage Relief Minutes come in ‘buckets’. There are several available for consumer accounts, with one restriction: You may only ever purchase a 500 minute bucket 1 time during the entire life of your account. This is enforced by the system and cannot be overridden (though there is a trick, read on!).

Buckets of Minutes Cost
    100 Overage Minutes $5
    200 Overage Minutes $10
    300 Overage Minutes $15
    400 Overage Minutes $20
    500 Overage Minutes $25

So, how do you get them? It’s simple. Just dial *2 and ask! Tell the agent that you’d like to purchase “Overage Relief Minutes” and if you can feel the blank stare on their face (hopefully most of those have been weeded out by now) insist they look in their knowledgebase for the information, or in a super nice way suggest to them that they ask their team lead or supervisor about it. While every agent is trained on these, most have forgotten the 5 minutes they spent on it during six weeks of training, and it’s not a common call driver, so some may not be familiar.

* Overage Relief Minutes don’t roll over, no matter what expiration date is put on them, again this is systematically enforced. If you want them next month, you’ll have to call in again. They aren’t intended to be an easy way to get extra minutes, but rather for help for occasional overage.
    * The agent MUST backdate the SOC to the start of your current billing cycle, or you will only get a prorated portion of the minutes. If this happens, call in after your bill posts to get it corrected, and be clear about what happened and insist on proper credit to your account.
    * You can change your mind and purchase more minutes! If you call in on the 20th day of your bill cycle to add a bucket of 100 minutes, and realize on the 30th day that you really needed 400, you can always add more.
    * You can only purchase the bucket of 500 minutes one time, however you can ‘stack’ the other buckets all you want. Need 500 again? purchase a 300 and a 200. Need 600? stack a 400 and a 200.Officially there is no limit on the upper amount, however you’d be able to get 1,500 once and 1,000 any month thereafter, as the same code cannot be ‘stacked’ twice during the same month (assuming you get a rep willing to add that many – as most would probably have the good sense to require a plan change, and I can’t say I’d blame them on this, though there’s no official policy).
    * Lastly – in case you have a plan that doesn’t include it – Overage Relief Minutes DO NOT apply to roaming minute charges. These would be billed as normal.

If you find yourself using Overage Relief Minutes more than once or twice, then you probably should listen when the agent offers to tell you about a different plan that would save you money – because most likely they’re right, and you’re hanging on to that ancient plan for sentimental reasons – and if that’s the case, then you may actually want to consider our newer offerings that really do include everything. While there’s no formal policy on requiring a plan change commitment when using these minutes, do the math yourself and see what’s right for you, because in almost every case you will save money if you find yourself using these more than a couple of months in a row.

It’s really that simple – so know what day your billing cycle ends, and check your minutes of use each month (that’s 12 times a year – surely you can find the time!). You can find your MOU on sprint.com, by dialing *4 from your handset, and by speaking with someone at Care (*2).

Have you used Overage Relief Minutes before? Did you know they existed? Comment Away!

Comments : 1 Comment
    Tags: bill, bonus minutes, cell phones, customer care, mintues of use, overage, overage relief minutes, sprint, sprint/nextel
    Categories : How-To, customer care, customer satisfaction, features, sprint

For me this is my main concern with the EP plans>
    I actually may switch. I hope this phone is everything they say it is.
    I can not believe that I have never heard of this site. Nice info
    my one question is that we ALL know on instinct they REQUIRE plan change but i remember a few people on this very forum and customers few n far between who have instinct workin on old free n clear plans, how did they do this? is there a work around? I have the unlimited $130 family plan I wont ever give up and I want the pre
    Here's a recent update from InsideSprintNow:

Palm Pre Monthly Service Plans Inside Sprint Now
    When I talked to a Sprint analyst, she said the phone could not be activated unless you have an SE plan. She further explained that a Sprint rep will not be able to add the phone to your account without an SE plan because the computer system will block them from adding it unless an SE plan is already in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I guess you've never sped before in your life.
    Absolutely. And when I got caught, I paid my fine. Didn't ask why he didn't stop someone else, didn't complain that the law wasn't fair, didn't say it's a rip-off, I wasn't hurting anyone, etc etc. Just paid my fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I've got 4 lines, only one of which has data. I'm hoping I can get the everything messaging family (1500 minutes for $99, two lines, plus $20 for two more) for $120, and then an add-on data pack (unlimited data for $15) for a total of $135.

I'm just not going to pay $170 a month for the everything data family when the other three have no use for nor real interest in a data plan.
    +1. Wife and spare phone have no need for data.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Quote Originally Posted by gbm85 View Post
    Saying that it is wrong is just stating your opinion. Neither of us is right. Opinions are never correct or incorrect.

SERO was not a special. It was a regular service plan for friends and family of Sprint employees. Requiring an Everything Data plan is a 133% price hike, no matter how you cut the cake. That's a fact. You may think it's "nonesense" to be upset about it, and you have a point. But it's still a required price hike.

I'm not demanding anything. I have not once demanded to get a Pre on SERO, nor have I complained about the (possible) requirement. I have not said that I feel cheated. I feel that cloning my current serial number is justified. You do not. This is, again, a difference of opinion and arguing it is pointless because neither of us can prove that we are "right".

I hope that you can come to a point in your life when you can respect the opinions of people who disagree with you. I never said what I planned to do was legal, so I'm not sure why you're trying to argue that point. I also never argued that it was not fraudulent. It may be a violation of my agreement. I'm really not sure. Even if it is, I still have no qualms about doing it.
    This is my last point on this with you. You can state it as an "opinion" about right and wrong, but the fact is, you signed an agreement. So did Sprint. Sprint lived up to their end. You are saying you plan on violating that agreement. That is wrong. No opinion, fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by CriminalEnterprise View Post

$70/mo for an iPhone or $70/mo for SomethingElse and everyone with a heart chooses the iPhone every time. Period.
    Everytime? Period?? Wow.

Not quite what I see. You realize that one single person deciding differently negates teh "everyone" (and the "period")?

You guys are a hoot though...
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    my one question is that we ALL know on instinct they REQUIRE plan change but i remember a few people on this very forum and customers few n far between who have instinct workin on old free n clear plans, how did they do this? is there a work around? I have the unlimited $130 family plan I wont ever give up and I want the pre
    When I upgraded one of my Treos (I don't even remeber which one), I was told by CS that I had to go to one of the newer plans (I was/am on Free and Clear Family). I balked. Told them I had ben a customer for x number of years (7 now, don't remember what it was back then). Got bumped up to a supervisor who made the necessary changes.

Ask. Ask politely, but firmly. It helps if you have history with them. It doesn't help (usually) to make demands.
    My question is will the family everything plan I have with my STP's transfer to the Pre when it gets here?
    Seems like any 'everything data' or 'simply' plan will be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    My question is will the family everything plan I have with my STP's transfer to the Pre when it gets here?
    Sure - Pre just requires data like your TP does.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I've got 4 lines, only one of which has data. I'm hoping I can get the everything messaging family (1500 minutes for $99, two lines, plus $20 for two more) for $120, and then an add-on data pack (unlimited data for $15) for a total of $135.

I'm just not going to pay $170 a month for the everything data family when the other three have no use for nor real interest in a data plan.
    Bingo! - Same thing in the bubbatex house. This is a good deal - comparable plans with ATT & VZW are $160-$170.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    wow...Eric is a cheap schmuck and gbm is a criminal. a match made in heaven. Sounds like I wouldn't want either as a customer.
    Lol, I guess you didn't get the memo...it's hip to be thrifty again.

Whatever, there's no shame in saying I can't afford $60/mo for a phone plan. At least I'm not part of the crowd of Americans who overextended themselves and got us into the mess we're in right now!
    Sprint has the legal and ethical right to limit what phones can be used on SERO.

I think some people are missing the point that Sprint has an announced and public corporate strategy of trying to move people off the lower revenue plans in order to survive. If you are forced to change at either the end period of your contract or an elected substantive change like a new phone purchase, you can't blame Sprint and they are doing you no harm.

Now on the other hand, that being said some of the tone against people with SERO is misplaces, because Sprint needed those people to survive. without them Sprint would have millions and millions less in customers and would be further along the road to failure.

I think if you have SERO you should relax and put things in perspective. The Pre will be sexy for two or three months and it is arguable not even now as innovative or as powerful as other handsets on the market and coming on the market in 09.
    wynand32, do not worry, a block can be put on your daughters phone to prevent the texing while still allowing you to have full access to the plan. Sprint will do this for free. Don't forget everything runs through mathematics its all numbers!
    Cool my plan is safe. With Sprint changing codes I gave up unlimited texing (for 1000 allowed free texes) I don't tex. I can still do everything & I wish I could tell you the price I have to pay! Again I say what do we do when the Bold gets to Sprint? (just don't tell my Palms).
    I have a similar situation and I have two seperate plans.

I have the $99 plan for me.

Then I have a basic family plan for the other two phones on my account, that don't require anything but voice.

To add phones to a simply everything plan is $89 a month. I'll pass.