View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

    9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

    48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

    2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

    44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

    13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

    14 10.77%
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1415
  1. #861  
    Regardless how people say things, I love this site, before I leave to cook my roasts outside I just wanted to tell you I don't work for Sprint & I don't have a SERO plan & I promise you you'd LOVE my plan. Talk to you later I've got something more important to do. I'm hungry!
  2. #862  
    I remember seeing a sero family plan that was 3200 mins, nights and weekends at 7pm, unlimited data, text, nav, all the goodies for around $150 for the first two lines. I did a search for it with no luck. Can someone point me to that plan and also, how I can possibly get switched to that? I want to get PRE-pared for recieveing my Pre in a couple weeks...hopefully

    Thanks

    Ken
  3. #863  
    You can't sign up for SERO anymore.

    I would recommend that you check out the Everything Data plans, however, which ave everything but the minutes for $130/month (1500 minutes) and $170/month (3000 minutes).
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  4. #864  
    Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program

    How Everything Plus Works

    Due to the deep discounts Sprint offers through our employees, the following Everything Plus program policies apply:

    During checkout, you will need to provide a valid Sprint employee e-mail address and the last three digits of the employee ID (CID) for the Sprint employee who referred you to the Everything Plus Referral Program.

    * Standard consumer credit check and two year contract terms apply
    * Everything Plus is an exclusive offer through www.sprint.com/everythingplus or by calling 1-888-882-4030 - Everything Plus is not available through Sprint Retail stores or other sales channels
    * Available to new Sprint customers or existing Sprint customers adding a new line of service (not available for migration from an existing line of service)
    * Everything Plus is not available in all markets


    Adding to an Existing Sprint Account

    The Everything Plus plans are only available to current Sprint customers that are activating a new line of service. Please note that due to the service plan discounts involved, Sprint can add your new Everything Plus device only to an existing Everything Plus or a former Sprint SERO program account. If you have an Everything Plus or SERO account, simply proceed through the online shopping site, select the "Add order to existing account" tab during checkout, and enter your current Everything Plus/SERO account details.

    If your current Sprint account is not part of the Everything Plus or former SERO program, we will create a new Everything Plus account for this new line of service. Please select the "Create a new account" tab during the check out process. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but hope you will appreciate the deep monthly discounts this allows us to provide to you.

    Family Plans

    Purchasing New Service with a Family Plan:

    You may sign up for one of the new Sprint Everything Plus Family Plans online by purchasing two or more devices with new lines of service. As you proceed through the shopping path, you will be prompted to select the number of devices for your new shared plan (two or more) and the services and accessories for each.

    Swapping/Adding to your Existing Everything Plus Account:

    If you have an existing Everything Plus or SERO individual line of service and would like to swap to a new family plan, you may call 888-882-4030 to process your request. If you have already purchased an Everything Plus family plan and would like to add one or more additional subscribers to share your minutes, please call 888-882-4030 to process your request. Swapping your current Everything Plus plan or adding additional lines of service to your Everything Plus family plan cannot be performed online at this time.

    Exclusive Pricing

    Shop for a Sprint device or rate plan to see the latest Everything Plus pricing which includes three Everything Plus exclusive individual service plans with unlimited data starting as low as $59.99/month! Two Everything Plus Family Plans will now allow you to share minutes with family members at a discounted rate. Through Everything Plus, you can also get great deals on Sprint Mobile Broadband Cards at a monthly service price of only $49.99/month.
  5. #865  
    If anyone needs a referral for this let me know in PM's and I will send you my info.
  6. #866  
    what does the Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program include and will it work on the Pre?
  7. #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    You can't sign up for SERO anymore.

    I would recommend that you check out the Everything Data plans, however, which ave everything but the minutes for $130/month (1500 minutes) and $170/month (3000 minutes).
    How does that make sense if the Simply Everything Plan for $99 includes unlimited everything....including minutes??
  8. #868  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    How does that make sense if the Simply Everything Plan for $99 includes unlimited everything....including minutes??
    He's looking for a family plan. Those are the prices for two lines.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  9. #869  
    SprintDaddy could you PM the info needed for the referral, I can not PM yet
  10. #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Let's get serious--
    The ONLY reason most of us stay with Sprint is the old SERO plan.
    By charging Simply Everything prices for the Pre, most of us won't change phones. What's worse for Sprint is that the Pre is only a Sprint exclusive for a short time. The second it goes over to a competing phone company, if there is a lower price there, everyone who still wants the Pre will jump ship at that point.
    Sprint tried the SE rule with the Instinct, which led to its failure as the "iPhone killer."
    Sprint shouldn't make that mistake again.
    The instict was a success for Sprint because it drove people from sero and low priced plans to higher pried plans.

    The mistake was in going right at launch with a benchmark Sprint itself made -- the iphone 2g -- with an instinct device, hardware and software was eclipsed by the newer iphone.

    Instinct was a success, but failed as an iphone killer not because of plans, but because of its inherent inadequacies plus the inherent problem of Sprint being the worst brand in the carrier market

    Palm Pre has its inadequacies in direct comparison with the latest iphones, but it also has advantages.
  11. #871  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Palm Pre has its inadequacies in direct comparison with the latest iphones, but it also has advantages.
    Every phone has inadequacies when you compare it to another phone. In fact, I think I could say that about any product category in any market.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  12. #872  
    URL: Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program
    E-Mail: russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com
    Last 3 of CID: 383


    Reference: McGuire’s Law » Blog Archive » Psst - Have you Heard about Everything Plus?

    This information was made public by Russ Mcguire on 7/16/08 in his blog. He's the VP of strategy at Sprint (whatever that means )

    Whether the Pre will be on there or not? Every phone has so far..including the Instinct.
    Last edited by cardfan; 04/24/2009 at 10:13 PM.
  13. #873  
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    The complaints about the instinct were hardware not the price of service. The price of service may have kept you away, but the majority of complaints online were about cost of device and hardware not the cost of the sprint plans..
    I agree with some of your post but not this part exactly.

    Instinct's problem was hardware but it was also a deficiency in brand comparison with Apple and Samsung, and a deficiency in in brand comparison between Sprint and ATT.

    Palm Pre vs iPhone does not share the hardware deficiency, but Palm Pre on Sprint still does share the latter two deficiencies. Palm has nowhere near the brand value as apple iPhone and Sprint has nowhere near the brand value as ATT.

    You may claim or actually not be motivated by brand value (perceived and real) but the great majority of people are, even to the degree of this being their top or even sole decision factor.

    My view is the maligning of SERO people by many here is misplaced (although I don't think yo did it in your comments), as SERO people saved Sprint, but I agree that the expectation to get Pre on SERO is also a bit much. The purpose of the phone to Sprint is not to sell units, it is to get higher ARPU and to stop hemorrhage of high paying customers to ATT.

    But you do have to also know you cannot compare ATT to Sprint as if they are apples and apples. Sprint has inherently less value to people than Verizon and ATT on any number of fronts.

    You know what I here when I recommend sporint to people:
    1) "I had them, they sucked"
    2) "I had them, they screwed me on billing"
    3) "I get free calling to in network .. almost no one I know is on Sprint."

    Point three means Sprint costs more than a simple comparison would show as ATT and verizon are 80 million each and growing in network. Sprint is going to be like 40 million.

    But most importantly Brand Matters. Sprint has a garbage brand. Palm's brand power is less negative but more obscure. In those positions you have to compete on price, especially in this economy.
  14. #874  
    You know I may or may not have the intelligence to operate these phones & I may or may not have the money to go to Verizon, ATT or whatever & true everything you buy is not perfect but I prefer Palm & I prefer Sprint regarles of thr way some humans react but I would love to tell you my plan which I'm sure you would be jealoous of since sometimes some things must be kept secret. There are people who cannot afford items in life yet Sprint does give the opportunity for them to do so which they will enjoy regardless of their limitations. Concidering Sprint limitations they do try harder & for this they Are in the game.
    PS. what phone do you use& w/ what carrier?

    I use 2 Treo Pro's & have 2 Pre's on the way. You?

    I am a faithfull to Sprint. I have had all the others but came back to Sprint, I am content.
  15. #875  
    Man I wish Sprint still had Sero... was the best thing to ever come out of Sprint.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  16. #876  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I agree with some of your post but not this part exactly.

    Instinct's problem was hardware but it was also a deficiency in brand comparison with Apple and Samsung, and a deficiency in in brand comparison between Sprint and ATT.

    Palm Pre vs iPhone does not share the hardware deficiency, but Palm Pre on Sprint still does share the latter two deficiencies. Palm has nowhere near the brand value as apple iPhone and Sprint has nowhere near the brand value as ATT.

    You may claim or actually not be motivated by brand value (perceived and real) but the great majority of people are, even to the degree of this being their top or even sole decision factor.

    My view is the maligning of SERO people by many here is misplaced (although I don't think yo did it in your comments), as SERO people saved Sprint, but I agree that the expectation to get Pre on SERO is also a bit much. The purpose of the phone to Sprint is not to sell units, it is to get higher ARPU and to stop hemorrhage of high paying customers to ATT.

    But you do have to also know you cannot compare ATT to Sprint as if they are apples and apples. Sprint has inherently less value to people than Verizon and ATT on any number of fronts.

    You know what I here when I recommend sporint to people:
    1) "I had them, they sucked"
    2) "I had them, they screwed me on billing"
    3) "I get free calling to in network .. almost no one I know is on Sprint."

    Point three means Sprint costs more than a simple comparison would show as ATT and verizon are 80 million each and growing in network. Sprint is going to be like 40 million.

    But most importantly Brand Matters. Sprint has a garbage brand. Palm's brand power is less negative but more obscure. In those positions you have to compete on price, especially in this economy.
    I will concede the point about brand mattering, though I think the iPhone rests more on Apple's name than on AT&Ts. In fact almost universally, the complaints about the iPhone relate to AT&Ts network not being up to snuff. I can't speak to Verizon, but most of what I hear from their users is the network is great but the phones tend to be crippleware. So on the service front front we have one nod to great hardware and horrible network and then great network with horrible hardware. I can't really speak to T-Mobile.

    I will note that the instinct had potential, the problems were it was overpriced for what it was and it was marketed poorly. Sprint advertised the Instinct as an iPhone killer and priced it at the same level initially. It was not really a fair fight when the spec and features were compared. Palm Pre should fare better on the hardware front, though we will see what Apple has up its sleeves.

    As for Sprint, as I noted in the "Switch to Sprint for Pre" thread, they spent a significant period in the wilderness with low ranked customer service which they are finally starting to turn around according to recent reports. It will take time and the old bad press will be hard to shake even as new reports come in of positive rankings. Though one or two bad stories that get even a little press will be problematic. The three opinions of Sprint you noted will be hard to shake, but they can be shaken with a successful launch of great hardware on cheap plans with a reliable and fast network.

    In spite of their problems, probably because of them, Sprint competes very well on price. In fact this is the one area where they excel next to the competition. The everything plans are a fantastic feather in Sprint's cap for this very reason, they are cheaper than competing plans and include 99% of what the phones are capable of doing. So even if everything plans are required for the Pre, I don't see it as a problem, given the competition they are facing. (I felt compelled to include some reference to required plans to keep things on topic, sorry)

    If they can keep improving customer service at cheap prices with great cellphone services, then the past image may become less problematic. And that price factor becomes more important than brand image in a down economy -- particularly if the price differences are stark enough and there is almost no difference is quality or even better quality at a lower rate (all things for Sprint to strive for).

    Is it an uphill struggle? Yes. Do I think they will find success? Yes, I actually do, if they make the right decisions and advertise well. A tall order, but I think Sprint and Palm will pull through given what is on the line for both companies.
  17. #877  
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    I will concede the point about brand mattering, though I think the iPhone rests more on Apple's name than on AT&Ts. In fact almost universally, the complaints about the iPhone relate to AT&Ts network not being up to snuff. I can't speak to Verizon, but most of what I hear from their users is the network is great but the phones tend to be crippleware. So on the service front front we have one nod to great hardware and horrible network and then great network with horrible hardware. I can't really speak to T-Mobile.

    I will note that the instinct had potential, the problems were it was overpriced for what it was and it was marketed poorly. Sprint advertised the Instinct as an iPhone killer and priced it at the same level initially. It was not really a fair fight when the spec and features were compared. Palm Pre should fare better on the hardware front, though we will see what Apple has up its sleeves.

    As for Sprint, as I noted in the "Switch to Sprint for Pre" thread, they spent a significant period in the wilderness with low ranked customer service which they are finally starting to turn around according to recent reports. It will take time and the old bad press will be hard to shake even as new reports come in of positive rankings. Though one or two bad stories that get even a little press will be problematic. The three opinions of Sprint you noted will be hard to shake, but they can be shaken with a successful launch of great hardware on cheap plans with a reliable and fast network.

    In spite of their problems, probably because of them, Sprint competes very well on price. In fact this is the one area where they excel next to the competition. The everything plans are a fantastic feather in Sprint's cap for this very reason, they are cheaper than competing plans and include 99% of what the phones are capable of doing. So even if everything plans are required for the Pre, I don't see it as a problem, given the competition they are facing. (I felt compelled to include some reference to required plans to keep things on topic, sorry)

    If they can keep improving customer service at cheap prices with great cellphone services, then the past image may become less problematic. And that price factor becomes more important than brand image in a down economy -- particularly if the price differences are stark enough and there is almost no difference is quality or even better quality at a lower rate (all things for Sprint to strive for).

    Is it an uphill struggle? Yes. Do I think they will find success? Yes, I actually do, if they make the right decisions and advertise well. A tall order, but I think Sprint and Palm will pull through given what is on the line for both companies.
    Getting this in as many hands as possible is required to fill the tall order. Instinct was $129 at launch (not at the same level). I would not say that price was too high. It was the bundled Everything Plan that is a turnoff to both new and particularly older customers. Lastly, yes, their prospects for change may look promising, but it takes time to make these changes, time that I don't see Sprint and Palm having the time to make. Palm is desperate for cash, Sprint is hemorrhaging subscribers which further drags down revenue and share value. Handset sales as well as add'l services will get further revenue for pre-existing customers.
  18. #878  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Palm Pre has its inadequacies in direct comparison with the latest iphones, but it also has advantages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Every phone has inadequacies when you compare it to another phone. In fact, I think I could say that about any product category in any market.
    Not sure of yor point since you clipped me out of context. A point was made on instinct. Instinct was proactively marketed by Sprint in direct comparison with the first iphone. They produced television and web commercials doing so on a point by point basis.

    If Sprint claims a thing is an iphone killer, either directly or through on background comments to press or even in internal communications that get leaked then they are creating the benchmark for comparision.

    On top of that every new smartphone will and has be compared to the iphone by the market and the trade press.

    So you are wrong in stating that it is about comparing to any other phone. It is about comparing a product to the single perceived market dominating product and brand which in this case is Apple iphone.
  19. #879  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    Getting this in as many hands as possible is required to fill the tall order. Instinct was $129 at launch (not at the same level). I would not say that price was too high. It was the bundled Everything Plan that is a turnoff to both new and particularly older customers. Lastly, yes, their prospects for change may look promising, but it takes time to make these changes, time that I don't see Sprint and Palm having the time to make. Palm is desperate for cash, Sprint is hemorrhaging subscribers which further drags down revenue and share value. Handset sales as well as add'l services will get further revenue for pre-existing customers.
    Best way for Sprint to turn it around quickly is having great hardware, ask AT&T.

    As for plans I have not seen a single review from one of the major review sites of the instinct that claims the plans were overpriced or even that the plans were a drawback. Most reviews focused on the fact that the hardware was simply inferior to the iPhone and most of the major features Sprint touted as better than the iPhone were made moot by iPhone 3G. So if anything, screw worrying about plan prices, worry about that iPhone 3.0 coming down the pipes.

    Yes Sprint is losing subscribers (hemorrhaging seems a bit strong at this point as most of the defections have already happened and that rate of loss seems to be slowing, though not stopping), but what the subscriber numbers don't indicate is what those subscribers were paying or why they left. I am willing to bet anything it had more to do with wanting better hardware (Sprint's lineup of phones has been generally devoid of event releases -- e.g. Storm, G1, iPhones) or poor CS rather than plan costs. People want the best new phones, Sprint wasn't getting them so when contracts came up or when they were free to jump, they went and got those 'better' phones.

    Personally, I think the US cellphone model sucks. Think of Sprint's subscriber rates if any phone could be used on any network -- yes I realize this is not technologically possible without multiple radios in the phone. Yes you would have to pay an unsubsidized price for the phone, but you could use it on any network. I think Sprint's numbers would be totally different in that market, because phones sell networks now not the plans. Yes, network coverage and price are factors in the decision, at least for people acting rationally (which sadly when incentives are involved economics indicates we do not generally) but they seem to be less important than the tangible thing you will be using. AT&T can charge what it does for iPhone plans because they have that exclusive and people will pay anything for that phone. If every carrier were competing to have iPhone users for example, then the rate structure would be very different.
  20. #880  
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    Best way for Sprint to turn it around quickly is having great hardware, ask AT&T.

    As for plans I have not seen a single review from one of the major review sites of the instinct that claims the plans were overpriced or even that the plans were a drawback. Most reviews focused on the fact that the hardware was simply inferior to the iPhone and most of the major features Sprint touted as better than the iPhone were made moot by iPhone 3G. So if anything, screw worrying about plan prices, worry about that iPhone 3.0 coming down the pipes.

    Yes Sprint is losing subscribers (hemorrhaging seems a bit strong at this point as most of the defections have already happened and that rate of loss seems to be slowing, though not stopping), but what the subscriber numbers don't indicate is what those subscribers were paying or why they left. I am willing to bet anything it had more to do with wanting better hardware (Sprint's lineup of phones has been generally devoid of event releases -- e.g. Storm, G1, iPhones) or poor CS rather than plan costs. People want the best new phones, Sprint wasn't getting them so when contracts came up or when they were free to jump, they went and got those 'better' phones.

    Personally, I think the US cellphone model sucks. Think of Sprint's subscriber rates if any phone could be used on any network -- yes I realize this is not technologically possible without multiple radios in the phone. Yes you would have to pay an unsubsidized price for the phone, but you could use it on any network. I think Sprint's numbers would be totally different in that market, because phones sell networks now not the plans. Yes, network coverage and price are factors in the decision, at least for people acting rationally (which sadly when incentives are involved economics indicates we do not generally) but they seem to be less important than the tangible thing you will be using. AT&T can charge what it does for iPhone plans because they have that exclusive and people will pay anything for that phone. If every carrier were competing to have iPhone users for example, then the rate structure would be very different.
    Reviews are on the phone, not the carrier. A customer loss rate of 10% per year that's continued with 1 mil plus quarterly is not 'slowing'. In agreement on 'hot phones', that's what's at issue here. What I'm saying is an untested phone that requires a plan change isn't going to do you any good with older customers who'd be asked to change their plans. Those customers have defected and will defect as in order to get a hot phone the prices are in the same range across carriers. Being let down by Sprint not allowing you to use existing options you already have on your plan on the newest phones (data+text), issues with customer service, and similarly priced plans is what will lead others to defect. Sprint thought the 'Everything Plans' were enough of a draw they could tie them on the Instinct, folks on forums argued it was a brilliant idea and others should 'shut up and pay up'. In retrospect most now agree the Instinct release wasn't all that successful but the argument is now, 'well if it would have been a better phone'. Blackberry and Apple have the reputation to build those phones. Palm does not. This is where this disconnect is occurring. The phone holds promise, but that's it. The mass quantities both companies need to get back in black is not happening with the method you propose. What's more Hesse has stated that the customer loss (hemorrhaging) must stop. This is an issue and they see it as such, there's a solution and it doesn't involve asking for Everything Plans.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions