View Poll Results: How will the availability of SERO affect your decision to purchase a Pre?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have SERO & will purchase the Pre even if I can't keep my SERO plan

9 6.92%
  • I have SERO & will not purchase the Pre if I can't keep my SERO plan

48 36.92%
  • I don't have SERO but if it's not available with the Pre, I may not purchase it

2 1.54%
  • I don't have SERO and am not concerned about its availability with the Pre

44 33.85%
  • I just don't care

13 10.00%
  • What's SERO?

14 10.77%
Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    I work for Sprint.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    I work for Sprint.
    In what capacity?
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Being unfair to all customers isn't exactly good CS. I do understand what you're saying though, but when do you draw the line on CS to profitability?
    I did also say that the customers forced onto EP could also start badmouthing them, and that there are no easy solutions.

I think Sprint may have dug a bit of a hole for themselves. It seems it was easy to get this plan and they didn't impose too many restrictions at first. Now that they want to, it may not go over too well with all the existing SERO customers who had none before.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    In the capacity that I deal with customers on a day to day basis, and I have the mental capacity to tell which ones are worth fighting for and which are worth throwing away.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
  5.    #805  
    Hey guys,

Please keep your language Family appropriate.
    It might be good to review TC's Forum Guidelines.

Thanks,
    Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Hey guys,

Please keep your language Family appropriate.
    It might be good to review TC's Forum Guidelines.

Thanks,
    Berd
    They think this is the Sprint Users forums where its all SERO bashing all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I have SERO and I pretty much agree with what you said. It's been great, I appreciate the deal I have, but if the Pre requires an Everything plan I have a decision to make. I don't understand why people are upset with Sprint over this. And I think it's hilarious when people say they will be the best advertizing Sprint will have if they can keep their SERO plan. What are they going to say to people?

"Hey look at my cool phone and guess how much I pay per month, $30."
    "Wow, great deal, can I get that?"
    "No, that deal ended a year ago, but isn't it great for me?"
    Exactly! This thread is completely useless. People with SERO (myself included) should never post about it, never. If you got a fantastic deal on a car once, doesn't mean you're not going to buy another car unless you get the same great deal the next time. People who don't have it, shouldn't give a darn and stay off threads about it (which there shouldn't be any anyway).
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Why shouldn't people discuss SERO? Is there some kind of secrecy agreement?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I doubt they're loosing money on SERO users who have 500 voice minutes and some text.

Im quite sure they are loosing money on SERO customers with 500 minutes, with free unlimited text, free unlimited vision and power vision, free pick 3, free N&W starting at 5, free Phone as modem, free unlimited mobile to mobile, and who knows what other laundry list of free stuff they have managed to get on their plans.

And the second group is the one complaining about possibly getting the Pre...

<<edited by berd>>
    I am on SERO 500. Unlimited power vision and mobile to mobile free were included with it. So was unlimited text, for most of it's run.

Phone as modem isn't included but any moron knows how to make most phones do it without sprint knowing.

I've never heard of any sero user getting free pick 3 or N&W at 5 added on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    No. But discussion of SERO inevitably raises a lot of emotions that are mostly rooted in jealousy and denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm going to take your thought a step further. Who knows, it might be a good opportunity for a poll.

I'm willing to bet that most SERO users have passed on that information to others. By this, I mean they've told friends, family, casual acquaintences, total strangers, etc Hey dood, let me tell you how to get a really good deal on your cell phone plan (or something to that affect).

Got news for you folks, That's not advertising, and it doesn't do Sprint (or those Sprint customers that pay to subsidize the cheaper plans) any good.
    Are you sure it does not do Sprint any good?

When SERO came out I switched from VZW and then a few months later I got my wife to switch. I am sure Sprint made money from us otherwise they would not have offered the plan. Oh by the way, Sprint would have had virtually ZERO chance of getting us as customers without SERO. As it is, in Nov. I switched from Sprint back to VZW and gave up my SERO. Other things were at play in my case but without SERO there is a segment of customers Sprint would not have access to.

I think SERO worked and they are trying to switch the customers to more expensive plans. IMO, it works for everyone. Sprint got the customers who got cheap plans and now it may be standoff time. If you want the phone, change your plan. If not stick with less desirable devices and a cheap rate. It seems incredibly fair. That said, my wife said there is no way she is giving up SERO for a phone.

Where this gets a little hairy is if they FORCE you off SERO. That would seem less sporting to me but also understandable. With number porting available, customers have a choice.

The bottom line is Sprint is the cheapest but time and time again, customers have shown that being the cheapest doesn't always get you the callers.
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami View Post
    Are you sure it does not do Sprint any good?
    I am sure Sprint made money from us otherwise they would not have offered the plan. Oh by the way, Sprint would have had virtually ZERO chance of getting us as customers without SERO. As it is, in Nov. I switched from Sprint back to VZW and gave up my SERO. Other things were at play in my case but without SERO there is a segment of customers Sprint would not have access to.

Nope, I'm not "sure", but I'm pretty sure.

First of all, check into the term "loss leader". That'll tell you a little of the story.

Secondly, you make my point for me.

You said Other things were at play in my case but without SERO there is a segment of customers Sprint would not have access to., and that's the issue. They set up that plan as a means of getting access to accounts they wouldn't normally have. That is completely defeated when someone gets on the internet and tells others to go ask for it.

So, the guy that was going to go to Sprint to get a PRE based on the deal Sprint cut to get exclusive rights to the device; instead decides to demand a SERO, or even gets "unearned" information on what email and ID to use to get it. That wasn't the purpose of the plan, and that's how it got abused.
    Note: - That's an imaginary scenario, I understand completely that SERO is now discontinued ...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You said Other things were at play in my case but without SERO there is a segment of customers Sprint would not have access to., and that's the issue. They set up that plan as a means of getting access to accounts they wouldn't normally have. That is completely defeated when someone gets on the internet and tells others to go ask for it.
    I think he's more saying that the SERO deal was the only reason to choose Sprint over another carrier, not that the SERO plan was the only one that these people could afford.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Has anyone else been able to recreate hambone44's issue? I tried and I got close to the end of the checkout process and was not prompted to change my plan. Although I didn't go through the complete process as I didn't want to lose my discount eligibility. How far into the checkout process does it prompt you to change plans if you're on SERO?
    After logging myself in at the Sprint site I clicked on upgrade and it immediately took me to the page telling me to call the 800 # or go to Everything Plus website.
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone44 View Post
    After logging myself in at the Sprint site I clicked on upgrade and it immediately took me to the page telling me to call the 800 # or go to Everything Plus website.
    Odd, I can't seem to recreate it. When I click it, it sends me to a list of phones to pick. And I'm a SERO500 user.
    Search
    Shop
    My Sprint
    Digital Lounge
    Support

* Packages
    * Phones
    * Plans
    * Services
    * Accessories
    * Promotions
    * Coverage Maps
    * Shopping Cart

Select Line to Upgrade
    The following errors were found while processing your request
    We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order.
    () -
    Don't know the number?
    Select the number from a list of phones on your account
    Enter the account with the phone you'd like to upgrade

* Terms & Conditions

Nextel Device Owners - SIM Card included in your new device must remain in the device (swapping is prohibited). Corporate-sponsored (company-paid) business accounts that qualify for business Device Flat Pricing or contract renewal service credit offers are not eligible for this offer. Customers' eligibility date is set at the time a device discount is given or that the new device is activated. A Sprint Service Plan is your base monthly plan; it does not include monthly fees for add-on features and services. Savings will be provided through a mail-in rebate and/or instant savings and is only available on select Sprint phones with a current rebate offer. See stores for details on current Sprint phone rebates. Savings cannot exceed the total purchase price of the Sprint phone. Not redeemable for cash and not transferable. Customer must meet the promotional requirements as stated here and on the mail-in rebate form. Account must be in good standing with no past due unpaid balances. New Sprint phones activated under the Sprint New for You Upgrade Program must remain active during the time the rebate is being processed (ten to fourteen weeks). The promotion rebate offers are subject to change at any time. Instant discounts and/or mail-in rebates may not be available in all locations.

* Your Privacy Rights
    * Acceptable Use Policy and Visitor Agreement
    * Copyright Notices
    * Find a Store
    * Contact Us
    * Email Sign Up

© 2009 Sprint. All rights reserved.
    First it will be "sero users need to upgrade" to Everything plans. Next it will be no everything plan. Sheeple!
    Follow the pied piper!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    SERO was out there as a perk to their employees, not their customers. Employees were allowed to give up to ten referals (I believe that was the number) to their friends who weren't with Sprint already so the friends could get this discount and thus get more users and increase revenue it didn't have. This is no different than what the airlines do for their employees by allowing them so many tripple E tickets that let those friends fly for taxes only on a standby basis. If you ever read a tripple E ticket, it says that you are not to discuss what you are paying or how you are traveling with anyone. I'm sure SERO is suppossed to be the same way, but those that got SERO couldn't help but brag, thus probably ruining the great thing that it is. I think SERO users are their own worst enemy by bragging, and not doing Sprint any good either, because, bragging about it, creates annimosity from those who don't have it. So thus, a great gift to their employees came back to bite Sprint in the a**.
    Last edited by RickMG; 04/20/2009 at 08:31 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Rick, here is the email address that sprint put out to the public for the last 2 years of Sero. savings@sprintemi.com. Before this came out one would have to put an employee address to gain access to the Sero site. So some big wig at Sprint apparently wanted to open it up to the masses. If Sprint did not think Sero to the masses would benefit them why would this email address be put out there. Granted it was probably done to slow down customer churn, but they put it out there and we simply took the time and effert to scan consumer empowering websites like Slickdeals, Howard Forums, Fat Wallet and found out ways save money. If you have animosity towards people trying save money and spreading the word on trying to saving money I think a little mindful meditation might help ease this anger and help you lead a happier life. Just know the Dali Lama loves you. Gunga Galunga
    Last edited by hambone44; 04/20/2009 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hambone44 View Post
    Rick, here is the email address that sprint put out to the public for the last 2 years of Sero. savings@sprintemi.com. Before this came out one would have to put an employee address to gain access to the Sero site. So some big wig at Sprint apparently wanted to open it up to the masses. If Sprint did not think Sero to the masses would benefit them why would this email address be put out there. Granted it was probably done to slow down customer churn, but they put it out there and we simply took the time and effert to scan consumer empowering websites like Slickdeals, Howard Forums, Fat Wallet and found out ways save money. If you have animosity towards people trying save money and spreading the word on trying to saving money I think a little mindful meditation might help ease this anger and help you lead a happier life. Just know the Dali Lama loves you. Gunga Gulunga
    I don't think I have any problems, but it's good to know that somebody loves me. With only 9 posts you should think about dissing people on the board, I hope we aren't on this board to be insulted, but I'm afraid it's going that way. I don't think I've ever dissed anyone, just stated an opinion, and believe it must be a pretty good one as it looks like sero's going by the wayside if you want the best phones. Why do you think that email address only worked for a short period of time? It was given out as a short time sale (Sprint is allowed a sale, aren't they?) but too many people feel it's still owed to them and the ones that don't have it whine that they don't or that it should be taken away from those that do, and those that do have it whine that they can't have their cake and eat it to.